"Do you know 'White Flag' by Dildo? Hmmm? I don't know do I--lol Wait, wait... Sorry, I might have said 'dildo'. I'm very sorry-- Dido! By Dido, DIDO! Okay?"IRyS

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Continuation of the whole Fighting Game Commentator arc.

oh god from the thumbnail i was afraid he was inviting the cow tranny into this

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

RiverBear

I saw a dunk on this guy on SourGrape's stream, he was retarded and assumed that the 2% cut also applied to Hololive, saying that it wasnt bad when you factor in all that plus the revenue that they normally make on regular streams, sponsorships and the like

Of course, failing to consider that

1. it does not matter if they make more money on other avenues, the split is still retarded
2. Holomems are on record saying the merch is the best avenue/split for support in comparison to supas and memberships
3. Nijis being on record sperging about how their merch split is low
4. How alot of the events he says are profitable are actually produced at cost for the liver, atleast in HL's case, especially when there is a need to rent a studio

Here is him taking the 1% number for both companies and calculating it from there when even without an informed glance, we know that HL makes a decent more chunk out of merch
View attachment 25490 View attachment 25491

Here is Sawa's dunk on this guy, hopefully time-stamped

Something that actually came to me, i wonder how much money do both companies get paid for sponsorship shit, HoloEN has had plenty of Gacha crossovers, and NijiEN even got the jews running Raid Shadow Legends to sponsor a few streams

>attempts to show that 2% split isn't actually bad
>accidentally proves that going Holo makes you earn more overall even at 2% split
>learns in the comments that 2% isn't even the revenue split for Holo, so they could even be earning even more
Every day, Nijifans still taking Ls

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
It was me. I even admitted it after doing it.

One of the best shitposts I've ever done and it only cost me $5.
I remember, you don't deserve to be named for your heinous action!

niggaphil

>attempts to show that 2% split isn't actually bad
>accidentally proves that going Holo makes you earn more overall even at 2% split
>learns in the comments that 2% isn't even the revenue split for Holo, so they could even be earning even more
Every day, Nijifans still taking Ls
Nijibros and Nijisis from /vt/ have more credibility than these 'Vtuber Journalist' Nijifans..... go figure :smugselen:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

@TinyKusa there's no real way to actually sort out the Nijisanji or Hololive numbers. Also, with the Hololive numbers, we don't actually know where they expense the Member's %. Is it taken out of gross profit or is it counted as part of Production Cost?

My honest guess is Hololive probably has a 25-50% split (depending on agreement and product type) on profit with the Members on merch. Nijisanji very likely has a 5-10% cut for each member on the profit margin on the product. It would explain the variable %s that got mentioned (as margin is variable) and why the Voice Packs are what get pushed.

I saw a dunk on this guy on SourGrape's stream, he was retarded and assumed that the 2% cut also applied to Hololive, saying that it wasnt bad when you factor in all that plus the revenue that they normally make on regular streams, sponsorships and the like

Of course, failing to consider that

1. it does not matter if they make more money on other avenues, the split is still retarded
2. Holomems are on record saying the merch is the best avenue/split for support in comparison to supas and memberships
3. Nijis being on record sperging about how their merch split is low
4. How alot of the events he says are profitable are actually produced at cost for the liver, atleast in HL's case, especially when there is a need to rent a studio

Here is him taking the 1% number for both companies and calculating it from there when even without an informed glance, we know that HL makes a decent more chunk out of merch
View attachment 25490 View attachment 25491

Here is Sawa's dunk on this guy, hopefully time-stamped

Something that actually came to me, i wonder how much money do both companies get paid for sponsorship shit, HoloEN has had plenty of Gacha crossovers, and NijiEN even got the jews running Raid Shadow Legends to sponsor a few streams

There's also issues with Pre vs Post Tax. And I have never looked into how Japan would tax the Member's splits. (Coco was probably more serious about starting a Religion than people realize, haha.)

As for sponsorships, for the size that some of the Holomembers pull, assume 10k minimum but someone like Pekora or Aqua you probably need to think 50k or more. Depending on the nature of the sponsorship, could be even higher. Sponsor CPMs run around 20USD as a rough figure. The current trend of "put character X in the game" should be thought in terms of 6 figures in USD.

It's partially the business-type in me, but I think too many Holomembers have missed on a lot of money by not getting a lot more direct game sponsorships. Mind you, I realize I'm talking about a company where all of the front-facing employees are incredible introverts, but, still, you have to work the angles. Rather than asking their manager to get permissions, they should be asking their manager to get them the number of the marketing director of the company.

I'm well aware that'd never happen. I've seen dozens of esports teams dissolve because the pro players couldn't be bothered to stream for 3 hours a week repping sponsors. If anyone understands what the "Once a year RTZ Stream" means, also understand he probably tossed away 5+ million USD by not at least streaming once a month.

I have a lot of respect for Linus of LTT/LMG. It's stuff like this is why. I just realized the money that a Gen could make by running a case vinyl design contest and roping in sponsors for ports and have a combination offcollab/PC building party. Mind you, it'd take at least one member that is reasonably comfortable building machines, but it's stuff like that which wraps together the community, sponsors and fun.

@braindoko Glizzys are a term from the Northeast USA for Hotdogs. https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/glizzy matters as well.

Last edited:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Maybe it's time for you to be the ANTI you always pretended to be, they took your auxiliary Oshi from you! WHAT WILL YOU TAKE FROM THEM? :menhera:
You will not bait me into becoming a needless anti. I'm not going to start a war over this. I am a peaceful man who can work out my issues in a civilized manner.

Topo Chico

Lumi tries to get away from talking about rape and brings up the Indian festival Holi. A subtle connection there with India being known as one of the rape capitals of the world. :whatastory:

Yesterday it was Brazilians are goats (real). I hope for yabs

Btw that was her recovery after this:

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Lumi tries to get away from talking about rape and brings up the Indian festival Holi. A subtle connection there with India being known as one of the rape capitals of the world. :whatastory:
View attachment 25493
Lmao, there was a recent video of this random british woman smiling as a bunch of indians groped her after she got a flower collar, while her husband watched, i think they had to go on camera to tell people to not be racist or some shit
edit: couldnt find the video of the british couple but apparently it happend again just this year, but this time to a JPN woman

Last edited:

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Fluffy squirrel is streaming something that isn't Genshin.

E: Nevermind now she's talking about Genshin.

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
View attachment 25493
/pcg/s gonna have to update the list
1684163309595100.png

thirteenorphans

Most of the Niji folks I watch seem to not really worry about money, except Layla...she's ID though. I guess less money just means less projects, less projects means less exposure, and less exposure means less money. Vicious cycle.

Topo Chico

Yo what's an easy way to download clips from YouTube. On Twitch it's omega easy, just make the clip from the vod then -> inspect page -> open .mp4 and boom you have your clip -> throw in editor to render out in 720p to save space.

Edit: question answered via pm thanks
vtube tax:
1684200356029.png
lumi has 4 song collabs coming up eventuallyTM and will be doing 5~ covers eventually. (i actually like her singing)

Last edited:

braindoko

This guy loves his sausages methinks. Never heard anyone call them "glizzies" before but I'm ESL so what do I know
glizman.png

My 1view indie oshi missed her weekly Monday challenge and hasn't shown signs of life on Twitter uuuuuu :faunacry:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

She is doing math again and it is painful.

Edit: The computer at the bank does the math for her

This guy loves his sausages methinks. Never heard anyone call them "glizzies" before but I'm ESL so what do I know

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
Henyas first collab is starting.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
"I have no idea how VShojo make money"
Neither do we, Henyamee, neither do we.
we do
a fuckton of investor money, some 11 Million USD was the last recorded sum

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
we do
a fuckton of investor money, some 11 Million USD was the last recorded sum
Yeah, but how are the investors getting that 11 million back? Unless Kson just has the best deal ever and the other girls have been getting screwed this whole time, are people really buying enough merch to make up for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom