"I used to dip pizza into like coca-cola"Amelia Watson

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer
Please Anycolor,Wactor or anybody take down these dramatubers:mumeihalloween:
D_NQ_NP_638122-MLA50895648725_072022-V.jpg
I'm afraid that isn't in the cards. Dramatubers will be the last thing on the platform to go before it's shut down.
DarkBribe.jpg

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Get out your bingo cards.

:cursedbae:what are the odds Sayu's statement and or Zaion's Treatment tipped some scales and we get a mass graduation?:cursedbae:

I would say it's not impossible, but its extremely unlikely. A single or double graduation is more reasonable, but still in the realm of unlikely. If Nijis did graduate what do you think would be the most likely outcome:
  1. Join Hololive
  2. Join smaller corp like Phase, Idol, etc
  3. Join the V-Whores 🤮
  4. Go Indie
  5. Full retire

Stunned But Dumb

I swear 80% of the page quotes at the top right are Irys quotes and there's not a single brain cell among them. She cannot be this dumb...

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This is concerning, especially since its been a long while since the Game Club thing and the kizuna ai stuff (which makes the whole things to be like, vtuber-hazard or something). But let's see how it plays out.
Nah this is a no-name agency nobody gives a shit about, maybe some of their fans will reeeeee about it for a couple of days but the rest of the community won't even notice. Gamebu and kizuna were some of the hottest properties in the industry when they tried it so of course people noticed, this will be forgotten in a week.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
The girl is dying for all we know and they re just gonna replace her? Fucking SEAYamanbas
This is concerning, especially since its been a long while since the Game Club thing and the kizuna ai stuff (which makes the whole things to be like, vtuber-hazard or something). But let's see how it plays out.

I haven't really paid close attention to this so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but if the talent was okay with the idea I'm not going to condemn the corpo. If they're small enough then the model and assets were probably relatively major investments that I can see the point in pragmatically reusing. It's a bit ghoulish, but we shouldn't forget the advantage of an asset not dying with a talent.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

kestraline

Early Adopter
In dumb small corpo news today:

Elaine from Filipino corpo KoMETA held her graduation stream today, she dropped the news that KoMETA will be purging the youtube & twitter accounts and finding a new talent to use Elaine's model going forward.
Sorry but that's absolutely fucked up. You would think people had sense after the Gamebu controversy where they replaced the people.

Another one that seemed to imply they would get replaced were the two that quit NexStage a few days after their debut (the company that did their debuts in a bath room) but it seems all went quiet on that front so perhaps they saw sense and didn't action anything..........yet. To be fair given how short they streamed with them there is an argument that replacing them with some model modifications wouldn't hurt, but you didn't see Hololive do that when Aloe left a week later.

In other news I am catching up on the thread and am saddened to not get some time to watch Juniper and receive one of those many gift subs. Maybe one day...

Anyway time to watch our beloved Romanian lolibaba hag.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Ngl didnt they not mention the actress change for Ai? This being clear from the get go makes it slightly less shady imo

As other people have mentioned, its a small company with limited resources, i cant imagine the money wasted if they threw an entire vtuber persona away, unless they pulled a Niji and forced them to pay for all assets the chuuba used

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
So clearly it's Katta's time to shine. Katta, what do you say?

Yeah that's fair :Katta-Semetic-Content:

Someone marry this woman already. She's been practically begging for it.

I'd offer the green card if I didn't already have a family. But she'd probably be into that anyways..

I can talk to my wife and see what she thinks about adopting a mentally ill Jewish woman. Hit me up Katta, I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

I'd offer the green card if I didn't already have a family. But she'd probably be into that anyways..
Your kids would be jewish. Why do you want them to end up in Hollywood?

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Rrat time: The reason why HoloEN3 is so delayed is because some of Niji members wanted to jump ships, promised they wouldn't renew contracts and it's just a waiting game until they are officially gone to not spread too much rumors. I definitely wouldn't mind putting a break for a couple of months if half a million subs channel owner from competing company slid into my DMs saying they want to quit because of management and asking if it's ok to audition
Big rrat time: Selen and Pomu talking about new outfits is just a code for redebuting under Hololive brand
1683569468071.png

Let them eat cake. Selen is more than welcome.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Panko will "cooka da meatball" and tackle Dark Souls 3 DLC, specifically the Painted shithole World of Ariandel!

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Pippa is currently high on caffeine. Keep your Colresses safe.
Screenshot_20230508_141308_Twitter.jpg

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Unfortunately while I look like a Jewish terminator, I dont look like the Jewish terminator. Itd never work out

hololive ruined /jp/

i cant believe you homos complained about tribalfaggotry.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Each time I have to read about "muh holoEN3... where iz it YAGOO?" I'm reminded that coomers are indeed an impulsively impatient horde. Just like consoomers, they need their dopamine fix, they need that new thing, or else the shakes and trembling get progressively worse.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
I very strongly encourage seeking emergency medical treatment.
This will be me by next week if you don't use your special britbong sonar to find Rin and ask her to do a twitter space

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I like this art of the pink women.

Archive

Fvn6M5jXsBAJ8PJ.jpg

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Tenma was just potentially saved by having good opsec

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I haven't really paid close attention to this so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but if the talent was okay with the idea I'm not going to condemn the corpo. If they're small enough then the model and assets were probably relatively major investments that I can see the point in pragmatically reusing. It's a bit ghoulish, but we shouldn't forget the advantage of an asset not dying with a talent.
Even if she's ok with it, it sets a dangerous precedent, I smell danger. This community has gotten big enough and has enough consoomer normies that even if a company yabs they could still retain a paying audience.
Who says a corpo can't claim a talent is totally fine with it whilst NDA silencing them? This shit goes completely against the spirit of vtubers and it shouldn't ever be okay. Its not about what a corpo will do with this power, but about what they CAN do.

If you claim to love any vtuber then you should oppose this stuff with all your might, this shit completely uppends the power dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom