"Sorry all ear users"Ceres Fauna

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Looks like Pippa is being an idiot and not going to the doctor over medical issues again...

Archive

Hope its not like that other indie girl that was complaining about her leg and died sometime later.

Im impressed he stopped after so long. That channel got a ton of hits and probably was making a good chunk of money from Ad Revenue.

Q Remastered is finally on steam and they have videos of JP Nijisanji livers and JP Holomems playing the game for ad videos lol

Brilliant marketing move.

Something jogged my memory, around 1 day or so after Pikamee graduated, both Ironmouse and Kson said that "she only said mata-nee (see you again) and not Sayonara, right?"

I wonder if that was some sort of wink or nod, and if the recent leavings/Kson autism posting have affected that

I always assumed that by the amount of shit Kson was saying, Pikamee would end up in Vshojo. Guessing the announcement will be either in Offkai or on Anime convention thing like they did last year with Kson+Nazuna.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Just saw this on Reddit, apparently the name of the person who made it is an ‘AI’ pun, and they didn’t even use Ina’s art tag to post it. (Everyone said not to use AI in the art tags, but there were no rules/requests to never post it at all)
So now I just see Iofi’s response as being a snobby/catty artist. Better watch out for Nuero-sama, soon you won’t have any jobs left!
If it helps at all, most people are laymen and only pay so much attention to the emotion and visual intent of an art piece, AI or real, and won't notice small issues like cloth textures or issues with musculature or bone structure or whatever unless they look closely, and most people will only spend a few moments looking at something, and maybe leave a like before moving on. The average person isn't going to notice or appreciate the difference between an AI piece and art made by a person unless that art is clearly beyond the ability of an AI. The question is, does Iofifteen do art in that realm, or is she just a good artist who's competing against AI art and coming to an even comparison?

kestraline

Early Adopter
Caramel Idol is doing Stepmania today, with live feet reaction stream.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Caramel Idol is doing Stepmania today, with live feet reaction stream.
God have mercy on this woman because she has one of the dogshit pads.
step pad.png

cucurut

I dislike that he posts too much in chats and calls attention to himself. He is not a talent or a manager, he has no business trying to wrangle talents. He upset the mood of a Shiina members stream when she was no where near breaking TOS during her December ASMR. This threatens her $$$ because believe it or not, an intimate sensual moment being interrupted by a literal fag got who is worried nip knobs is a no no word, makes the experience less valuable to the members. Mods should be silent. There's more too but this the main behavior of his I have a problem with.

^This is what I think too. Even if he doesn't do anything horrible, he attracts too much attention to himself because he does not just do his janny work silently. He says dum shit in their company discord and gets other mods snitching on him. He says dum shit to the talents and gets them (probably) snitching on him.
They should have him stepdown as head mod and use another handle, if he really cares about PC, he needs to just mop it up and shut up. Of course, as a big shit janny, he would just throw a fit and leave rather then just do honest mopping. Good riddance.

Another important tip for Sakana: Don't give the head mod and special role in the public discord. This should not be know to viewers and if it is, that's a sign the mod is behaving inappropriately.

I think he wishes he was that important. He just inserts himself into everyone's chat and butts into everything until there is some perception of authority, but he's a paper tiger with no actual value.

🐀He's also an albatross of potential PC hires: If any Gen 3 are still streaming after being hired, Xalabussy is very likely to be in their chats (and in thier DMS/discords) already asserting his presence. He did this for gen 2 and he probably is doing it right now too.
It reminds me that one of the questions in jannie application was about wrangling talent, but who knows what is "the correct" answer. I really hope that it was something like "talents know the best and it's their job". I also wonder(if the leak is true) how, despite being the main Lumi mod, he was the one to propose cracking down on 4chan lingo.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Disappointment

Has anyone here ever actually worked with vtuber-related 3D or 2D modelling/rigging? I keep hearing Kirsche talk about how overpriced it is, and other people say that it's really hard. I've dabbled in 3D modelling repeatedly over the years, but due to terminal ADHD I always lose interest because I've never actually had anything worth doing with the skills.

If somebody here knows any good tutorials on the software involved and ways to get started, I'd be open to adding it to the Workshop as a dedicated thread.
I've done 2 very basic live2d models. They were for me to learn and as a gift. Going in knowing nothing? It can be a lot to take in. You need to have every piece separated out, then may need to create extra pieces to help with transitions. Apply a mesh to the basic face background, deform it for varying angles, then add more items on and deform them to match the initial piece. At least that's how I learned. I took me many hours, but I was learning the absolute basics.

Then add in some of the ridiculousness people want added to their models: tons of extra jewelry, free flowing parts, multiple emote or clothing toggles, etc. That ALL have to be individually rigged and line up with what you've done. Then add on hair, everyone wants special eye effects as they blink, and then it adds up to a very time consuming process.

That said I was lucky and found a rigger who did art and model for sub 600 with solid results. Sadly they stopped doing it. There is a good amount of artists and riggers, and I will certainly say investing into a good one is a good move, but there is also a lot of money to be made if you're fast and decent at it. It certainly takes some creativity to solve how to do certain movements or effects.

i.e. Blep's simple chibi 3d models. They're not super complex, but her basic model costs about 2k. If you can develop the skill via videos and testing, you can certainly make some money if you try and use good source designs.

To get started? You need live2d cubism, a psd of art with each item separated on a different layer and preferably labeled/in a folder structure, then scouring youtube for a basic rigging tutorial. seems a decent starting point. Though like programming, you'll likely have a very specific question you go and find a video for. I spent my afternoon break typing this, I hope it's useful in some form and not a totally autistic rant like usual.

*edit* - I refresh my twitter and a vtuber rigger followed me. Get out of my walls!

Last edited:

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
And now for something completely different: What happened with Nodoka?

If I'm seeing this correctly, her last appearance in a video (that wasn't just a cutout with no voice lines) was five months ago.
It was announced she was working on a project and would have to take time away from doing streaming stuff. She is still active on Twitter, but said she was going to be working on the HoloPlus team last month, so was going to be Tweeting less.

1yu6wwwc46na1.png

Basically, she didn't pull an OmegaGay and drop off the face of the earth.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

I did catch a bit of the twitter space and he was pissed. And not the funny pissed like when he plays any pvp game. One thing im glad about not being from the US is i have options if my internet provider sucks

RhoasJonas

Capippalist
Mino Mieko has joined Kawa Entertainment.

Bumbling Fat Moron

Not As Spooky as a Still Image Ghost

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Has anyone here ever actually worked with vtuber-related 3D or 2D modelling/rigging? I keep hearing Kirsche talk about how overpriced it is, and other people say that it's really hard. I've dabbled in 3D modelling repeatedly over the years, but due to terminal ADHD I always lose interest because I've never actually had anything worth doing with the skills.

If somebody here knows any good tutorials on the software involved and ways to get started, I'd be open to adding it to the Workshop as a dedicated thread.
Not my wheelhouse, but Juna Unagi does her own rigging. She's done a couple streams where she rigs some cursed shit. Not a tutorial but you may be able to get some insight.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Just tell her you'll do it for free.

She'll understand, hell she might even ignore the whole insufficient toilet roll thing.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Last edited:

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Are you saying Amiya isn't one of your favorite chuubas?

:amegunl:
I suggest you think super duper hard about your final answer.
My oshi's are Marie Mehlo, Remilia Nephys, and Pipkin Pippa sorry. I just can't get past her weird lispy accent.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
My oshi's are Marie Mehlo, Remilia Nephys, Pipkin Pippa and the best of all vtubers, my sweet Himemiya Rie sorry. I just can't get past her weird lispy accent.
Fixed

Limkin

The question is, does Iofifteen do art in that realm, or is she just a good artist who's competing against AI art and coming to an even comparison?
I wouldn't even call her "good", she is at best on a "tumblr girl who is very into her ship" or "this is my first comic pls don't judge" level of proficiency. You see this sort of art everywhere and won't be able to tell it was her a day after looking at it. Her being a massive hypocrite, torrenting art albums doesn't help either. Nor does being an insufferable fujoshi, very active into doujinshi scene as a consumer, girl easily blows most of her income on BL crap.
She used to flaunt her being an artist a lot before HoloEN too and organize collabs with other streamers who were into art and who were too nice to tell her she sucks (or weren't considering themselves professionals)
TLDR; insecure petty hypocrite who feels threatened and can't accept she is an amateur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom