"Alright chat, how many of you are circumcised?"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simp

This is where all of you making fun of Kiaras forehead will end up!
Nice editing from Kowkarot, Kiara do has a eye for who to hire.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
She should be well aware that every single Nekofami is menhera and probably freaked out anyways though (not to mention those poor souls with limited Japanese comprehension who may not have even caught the stream discussion to begin with), which maybe makes it funnier for her? She says she thinks it's cute when we worry about things like this.
1682879453446.png

Miguel Right Now

SaejimaHaruka

Zo is being ramping up the model showcases in prep for her official debut this Sat

I'm a 3 view listener and I just had to Google enka from this post mainly because I'm not musically informed and I'm sure I'm not the only one

Thank you. You just made posting these relevant.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Saw this Tier-list of NijiEN for Japanese people learning English, by Turner N (@sbeplt on Twitter). Also a Tier list of games

Vox and Ren Zotto replied

Turner N said:
Translated from Japanese by Google
Delivery of Nijisanji EN The theory that you can do it in junior high school English

Seems like Turner N thinks you can use vtuber streams as a language learning tool, makes perfect sense with carefully chosen vtubers

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Vox as the final boss? I find him by far the easiest to understand. Clear pronunciation, no slurring, no incessant noises like laughter or giggling, low, easily understandable voice.

No wonder JPs don't learn English if Vox causes them issues.

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Saw this Tier-list of NijiEN for Japanese people learning English, by Turner N (@sbeplt on Twitter). Also a Tier list of games
Isn't Rosemi like half-Japanese or something? I've watched a couple streams/clips of her talking with JP Nijis and she was conversational at least, certainly better than a lot of the other EN members I've seen who aren't openly fluent like Petra or Kotoka

Edit: I'm retarded and can't read, it's the other way around. JP speakers find her English somewhat difficult to understand, which I kinda get. She pronounces all of her "t"s as "d"s.

Vox as the final boss? I find him by far the easiest to understand. Clear pronunciation, no slurring, no incessant noises like laughter or giggling, low, easily understandable voice.

I guess the combination of deep voice + English accent can throw you off if all the English you've heard is from Disney movies

Last edited:

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

Someone paid for Yuria to go to Leafland. Guess we'll be hearing of collabs between her and Dott at some point in the future. Not sure if Geist will be there too but I'd imagine so.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

I think his constant use of references and slang is what puts him there, same reason people also put Gura as hard when doing the same list for Holo.

Limkin

Putting Enna and Millie in learner friendly should tell you all you need about how serious this list. I can barely understand what this bitches are saying half the time. And Selen is laughing half her words too

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Putting Enna and Millie in learner friendly should tell you all you need about how serious this list. I can barely understand what this bitches are saying half the time. And Selen is laughing half her words too
Can't speak laughing purple dragon SMH.

this shit

fuck it

I think the list is also taking account of the vocabulary the streamer uses, Vox and Fulgur are higher because they can read books basically, while Enna and Millie speak with aninstinctive grasp of the English language.

(kyo high because he speaks zoomer AAVE)

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Speaking of the longest day, we're supposed to get Yuri's farewell video at 6PM PDT today, which is a bit over seven hours from now.
So what are everyone's predictions for this? The fact that she is making a farewell video makes me wonder if she will just explain what happens. Maybe a sort of apology for possibly fucking up with a message similar to that last tweet she made about loving her fans (looking back possibly being the last thing she could push out before handing over her account to management).

I'm a 3 view listener and I just had to Google enka from this post mainly because I'm not musically informed and I'm sure I'm not the only one
I would assume that the average Vtuber viewer doesn't know much about japanese culture other than whatever shonen anime is popular this week.

Vox and Ren Zotto replied

You need a fair grasp of the language for it to help but you can familiarize yourself with some words and how they are spelled.

English accent and words might be complicated. I do agree that Vox probably has one of the nicest voices because he is very paused but he is usually talking about stupid FnaF shit and other meme-ish references that will probably make no sense to the average JP viewer.

Laughter transcends language barriers.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
For any Ina members here who Youtube decides to not give any notice, Ina members stream in about an hour and a half.
:wah:

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
So what are everyone's predictions for this? The fact that she is making a farewell video makes me wonder if she will just explain what happens. Maybe a sort of apology for possibly fucking up with a message similar to that last tweet she made about loving her fans (looking back possibly being the last thing she could push out before handing over her account to management).
IMO i doubt she will explain anything about what exactly happened, if it was something they could talk about we would had heard about in the notice or from Fish, I honestly I'm expecting a simple farewell video, saying she loves her fans and is sorry things ended this way, almost 100% there wont be anything particularly noteworthy or shocking from it.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Apparently there's going to be a TCG coming out which features vtuber characters called Rift Runners. The entire project seems to just consist of a Twitter account so far and there's not many details I can find on the mechanics or anything, but they've already scooped up a handful of talents to be featured. Today they announced Nyaru with some new artwork of her in a fire-themed outfit.

kestraline

Early Adopter
I doubt there'd be much in terms of saying more than what the termination letter said. It'll be heavily scripted by management as to what is said.

I'm more interested in seeing if she shows the old model in the video for one last time before everything gets deleted.

Moth Enjoyer V2

Bug girl lover
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I wish Henri would come back to Phase Connect. That'd be fun.
Its nit like he ever really went away right now he is larping as if he ever cared about Yuri and using it to arrack phase on twitter and cry in /pcg/

Horo7618

No one in particular
Good news, RPG nerds! The Pathfinder 2e remaster is replacing Aasimar and Tieflings with Nephilim!
:irysthumbsupl:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom