General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

first time watching Korone live post-subscribing . SO COOT

cucurut

In the meantime as I don't think anyone posted it yet...
Riifu RM (exoeLUL) wanted to stream yesterday but it was cancelled due to legal reasons. So... I guess the main reason for quitting is contract clause which forbids content creation outside vtubing? A bit of black company imo.
Also archive.ph is down.

(a1) (a2)

1682774417565.png

1682774442782.png

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Riifu RM (exoeLUL) wanted to stream yesterday but it was cancelled due to legal reasons. So... I guess the main reason for quitting is contract clause which forbids content creation outside vtubing? A bit of black company imo.
Also archive.ph is down.

This bitch seems dumb as hell, ngl. Thinking whatever caused her to quit was her gross overreaction to something management did.

Indies: STOP JOINING CORPOS WITH THE EXPECTATION OF BEING ABLE TO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT

Limkin

"I can't legally disclose what exact terms of my contract were bad, but I can schedule a stream and then give a reason for why I can't do that and let you do the rest of the guesswork". Fucking Holo is cool with members having borderline (or even past) R18 content on alt yet this new hot shit is trying to be restrictive about it
Edit: In other words, read your fucking contract and don't think you can argue to change it after you already signed up for it, just don't sign it

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
As we approach Sydney nearing midnight and ticking over to April 30th, in the spirit of the Corpse Piler that has been April:

^I recommend this one for the potential oshii-reaping ASMR.

Good luck everybody! :Calli-IT'SHAPPENING:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
I guess the main reason for quitting is contract clause which forbids content creation outside vtubing? A bit of black company imo.
I can understand not being able to stream in the vtuber scene for a while, but not streaming at all? A noncompete that broad would probably get thrown out if it was put in front of a judge. Whether she has the resources to fight that is sad to think about though.

colossamite

aaaaarrrrgh
As we approach Sydney nearing midnight and ticking over to April 30th, in the spirit of the Corpse Piler that has been April:

^I recommend this one for the potential oshii-reaping ASMR.

Good luck everybody! :Calli-IT'SHAPPENING:

some asshole must've played the song of time on their ocarina here in america, it's still the morning of april 29

Not-Username

What we, or any other community on Reddit/4chan/Twitter/Whatever, do is irrelevant unless direct harassment is involved. This retard shouldn't be talking shit about a fellow streamer in a collab stream. That puts everyone there in an awkward position of either letting it happen or telling the dumbass to STFU and also risks breaking TOS on whatever site they are streaming on. That's the big difference between what Merry did here and Pippa's "Asuka cosplayer" comment, as well, which was not even made on-stream.

And I say all this as someone who dislikes Pippa.
I don't care that Merry hates us. The feeling is mutual. Do you not think it's wrong to on multiple occasions, publicly shit talk the fans of your so called friend? I know Pippa would never ask for a collab from Niji, but if there ever was a chance for one, that could have killed it. It also puts Pippa in a difficult situation where to some people it looks like she is just letting her friend make fun of her community, and it's not just banter. We know he doesn't like them. That's not something you want as a streamer.
Just to focus my point:
I agree that merry is an idiot.
My point was only that being "a paying fanbase"
Is no ground for "should not be shittalked".
Nothing more.

Doesn't even matter if public/in collabs.
Is it professional? No! But most wouldn't bat an eye of the shittalk was true. Even call the shittalker based. (Again I don't know what was said)

And yes I agree that my wording was stupid. It's not "this forum" it is "in this forum fanbases get constantly shittalked".

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Someone translated the rules for Iroha's Cops and Robbers event tonight. It's at 20:00 JST, so in about 7 hours. Seems like it'll be pretty fun, you can tell Gozaru put a lot of thought into it. Apparently she even did some of the coding for it herself.

There's more rules and specific stuff in the video but a quick summary:
  • There are 3 HoloX cops: Lui, Chloe and Koyori vs 17 HoloJP robbers (the stronger people of note here are Fubuki, Pekora and Botan). Iroha and Laplus are managing the event.
  • Each round is 20 minutes. 4 rounds total and a different stage for each round.
  • Robbers win if one of them can find and equip a hidden helmet somewhere in the area. Cops win if all robbers are captured or they don't find the helmet in time/don't have it equipped.
  • Cops can capture robbers just by hitting them once. Robbers automatically get teleported to jail after being hit and need to wait for a free robber to touch them in order to escape. Free robbers can break out a prisoner only once every 10 seconds so they can't just free everyone at once.
  • The cops have special abilities they can activate with a cooldown:
  • Lui can let the cops see all robber locations for a minute. (The Hawkeye)
  • Koyori can randomly get either increased jump height, invisibility or faster run speed. (The Mad Scientist)
  • Chloe can turn invisible as long as she's crouching. She's the only one with no cooldown. The usual invisible rules apply so she'll be seen if she's holding something or has armor equipped. (The Cleaner/Assassin)
  • The stage shrinks as time goes on, making it easier for the robbers to get caught. There are bonus missions they can complete to stop the shrinking as well as get buffs of their own. The bonus missions differ by stage.
  • During the last 3 minutes, any prisoners caught are unable to escape at all.
Here's Iroha's POV, she should have a good view of everything as the event organizer:

There'll probably be more POVs made later so I'll either edit this post or post about them later.

Cops took the 1st and 2nd round convincingly. They were allowed to VC for the 1st round and were muted for the 2nd and 3rd. Seems like they were camping the prison a bit so Iroha added a buff for the 3rd game.

When a prisoner got freed, both the freed prisoner and the robber that helped them got 9 seconds of invincibility. With that, the robbers were able to take the 3rd game. Even with the buff, it was a really close game with only 6 robbers free at the end. No 4th round cause they ended up short on time. The MVPs and longest surviving people were Akirose, Matsuri, Miko, Choco, Pekora and Botan. And their prize was this weird ass trophy:

Everything was ran smooth with no real mishaps other than the time management. It was also good on Iroha to have something planned in case the games were skewed too heavily on one side. Hosting an event like this was one of her major goals from debut so I'm glad she finally managed to do it :shubaIapprob:

I can understand not being able to stream in the vtuber scene for a while, but not streaming at all? A noncompete that broad would probably get thrown out if it was put in front of a judge. Whether she has the resources to fight that is sad to think about though.
Her wording leaves things pretty vague. Can she not stream at all ever or is she not allowed to for a certain time period after quitting? Either way, what a fucked contract.

Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Ver karaoke rebroadcast

this shit

fuck it
I got baited so hard for pages and was looking forward to Kyo politsperging but the only clip posted here was the biggest nothingburger of all year. Barely worth of being part of april.
Some fucking autist I never cared about fails to read the room and start bringing his inside-jokes in a collab where nobody knew what he was talking about. And he became aware in realtively short time so it wasn't even funny in a watching-a-trainwreck funny way

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Just to focus my point:
I agree that merry is an idiot.
My point was only that being "a paying fanbase"
Is no ground for "should not be shittalked".
Nothing more.

Doesn't even matter if public/in collabs.
Is it professional? No! But most wouldn't bat an eye of the shittalk was true. Even call the shittalker based. (Again I don't know what was said)

And yes I agree that my wording was stupid. It's not "this forum" it is "in this forum fanbases get constantly shittalked".
I didn't mean to imply that you can never call out a fanbase because it pays someone's bills. I just think a content creator shouldn't do it to someone that they claim is their friend for reasons I already posted.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
This fucking site sometimes. You got people that overblow things and get crazy and then a few hours later you start seeing the users that want to feel superior call everyone that participated a bumbling fag for a few more pages. Both become a pain to read in the end.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Nijisanji Amogus collab
Enna

Kyo

Shu

Kotoka

Shiina

Mysta

Oliver

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Whiskeys anniversary stream

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
Overall Merry just acted weird. I don't think he said anything that heinous, and hopefully I didn't come off that way. It was just... really weird behaviour about various people he considers his friends. I don't know if he was malicious and stupid, or joking around but it was the wrong time and didn't land. I just think it was irresponsible, not just to Pippa, and figure that what he said could be used as extra ammunition for more rrats.

We're a bunch of strangers. We don't see the full picture, Merry might be a really great person that just didn't think things through. Don't get invested and want to protect your oshi, that's stupid.

Last edited:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
New cover from Zephyrianna

and afterparty stream

I am Jack's...

-WATOTO- YubiぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽYubi, Bau Bau
Also archive.ph is down.

Is there actually something more to go on than a vague "Legal Implications" why she can't stream. Not saying she's lying, but maybe I'm just too skeptical and don't trust people easily to make that assumption.

I remember this isn't the first time people have made the claim about non-compete clauses in contracts, though it's always been a circumstantial claim, as far as I know. I didn't see a clip from kson saying she had to wait to join Vshojo, it seemed more like by the time she decided to join a major event was near so they held off.

Also all the vtubers I've seen graduate or get terminated are pretty much steaming within a week, shit even the people from a literal black company Wactor, haven't had issues getting back to streaming after leaving.

I really don't care enough about this particular situation, but find it interesting people are jumping on the "Company Evil" bandwagon instantly.

hylic

New Phase Connect JP Sub featuring Michiru and Iori

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Mother of God :subaruclapping: JP Oshi and EN Oshi holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom