"Yeah, I wimped out on a gator, ok!? Gators are dinosaurs, right!? Sasquatch is just, I don't know, a hairy Mexican"Sawa Sama

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Nijisanji got Honkai: Star Rail collab

...thank you o7
My pleasure, simple like is enough!

@Empty_Inbox Are you capable of surviving such an event?
No problem! I think it should be a separate thread, I will adjust when we lose some pages here

Edit from the future:
I think Kson had big plans for Vshojo in Japan but they don't seem to have worked out so far except for bringing Nazuna in. I thought she was courting Deltaya a while back, but if she was it hasn't gone anywhere as far as I know. Oh well, as long as she brought Nazuna back to streaming, I'm happy.
Delutaya and Mikeneko had problems though, full blown drama. Do you think Kson had plans with Delu before that?

Last edited:

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Rrat time: I can totally see how Kson overpromised to management that she would be able to poach a lot of Holo members to join VshoujoJP, because she genuinely thought her arguments would immediately convince half the company to do so with the "talent freedom" shtick she has been preaching. Then the management promised to Rushia it would be a big branch with a lot of people she can interact with and that "we totally already secured all of them we just need you to join first to show it's legit", so she signed up the papers without reading a single letter in them, I mean, her friend is already in here, there is no way it's a bad contract to sign right? Only to find herself stuck being the only member with nearly zero interaction with anyone, under a brand that has questionable reputation at best she wasn't even aware of. And the said friend is way more focused on squeezing her own paypigs than being a therapist for menhera. It's not hard to imagine why she would be dissatisfied with results of joining it and just waiting to get out
I think Kson had big plans for Vshojo in Japan but they don't seem to have worked out so far except for bringing Nazuna in. I thought she was courting Deltaya a while back, but if she was it hasn't gone anywhere as far as I know. Oh well, as long as she brought Nazuna back to streaming, I'm happy.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Rolled 3 on 1d10 for HoloEN. I think that's Ina.

Tako Down by Qworty_.jpg

...you monster! How could you?

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
:amepopcorn:

I always wondered why girls don't sell GL voicepacks together, other than revenue share being the obvious culprit. And Laplus doing exactly that but in-game makes me question it even more. It would definitely sell like hotcakes too
Selling GL voicepacks in-game is hee hee ha ha :irysyabairys:. Selling GL voicepacks in real life attracts deranged coomers.

Why are they so interested in heroes now lmao. Shou and Rou are the VTA kids while the other two are new hires like Mana and Wen from Oriens (the wave that debuted like two weeks ago). It's nice to see that VTA isn't the only way to get hired and that even if you are a VTA student, you don't have to debut in Niji.

Maybe. While I like the whole EN theme of releasing a wave and then the next wave being their opposites/rivals, it's a shame none of them do anything with it. Fulgur tried to do something with it but all that accomplished was him being boycotted. I mean, Iluna and Xsoliel keep up the whole school theme with Scarle and Ver tweeting about school quite often, but it would be nice to see them incorporate the whole rival aspect of it as well. I imagine they'll continue the "Heros of the X" thing with North and South, but we'll just have to wait and see how the new wave works out. I already know Shou was plenty popular when he was in VTA, but I don't know how that will translate to him becoming an actual liver.
Are NijiJP auditions currently open? I remember there was a clip of Meloco saying part of why she applied for NijiEN was that JP auditions had closed by the time she got around to it. Also I think VTA made known from the start that alumni are not obligated to join Niji, but are there notable alumni who didn't join Niji? Edit: I guess there was the Warabe guy who quit or got kicked and might have been partially responsible for the Kaburaki Roco saga, but I was thinking about people who graduated VTA more gracefully.

if i may offer a diatribe of my own, i feel that allowing people to do whatever they want only hinders creativity. kiryu coco was told by hololive to not violate certain rules, so she found loopholes and sometimes just broke the rules anyways and paid the consequences. this made her more interesting and fun and also benefitted her creatively. kson on the other hand, with no rules to break, constantly does the same tryhard sexual garbage and expects people to laugh and is really boring as a result.

the best example for this, besides kiryu coco/kson, is howard stern. howard stern on commercial radio deliberately broke every rule under the sun for the sake of comedy and paid a shitload of money in fines for it, and still never gave a fuck. that is until sirius offered him a shitload of money in exchange for no rules on what he could say or do. ever since he has been really boring and unfunny.

this argument has probably been made a million times already though
I feel one thing people miss when reviving this argument is that Coco in Hololive wasn't just the crass rulebreaker; she also had a great heart and the other talents loved her. Even down-to-earth, stoic Botan and business-minded Suisei of all people cried for her graduation. Kson still has that heart; for example, there was that time she donated her equipment to an indie (Asakura Konoha) who lost hers in an earthquake. But Kson doesn't have a defined circle of colleagues who bring out that side of her. VShojo is just not built that way - as recent events quite aptly show. In comparison, Coco in Hololive was a contrast to Hololive's image, a contrast to the other talents - and a contrast to herself.

I say this as someone who only started watching Vtubers after Coco graduated and usually doesn't like crass content.

Idk why you had to ruin the post with an unnecessary personal attack
Have you been diagnosed with autism though? Don't answer me in the thread or in DMs; none of us actually need to know. I'm asking because I'd like you to consider that it may be fact, not (just) an insult, and act appropriately. Many aspects of the way you approach interaction online remind me of autistic people I know in real life. If you haven't been diagnosed, get a professional assessment. If you have, seek real life support.

I'll add that a diagnosis of autism doesn't excuse dumb behaviour. It does explain to the person why they think and see things the way they do, why those thoughts don't align with how situations or people actually work out, and how to accept and adapt to that.

Last edited:

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
Selling GL voicepacks in-game is hee hee ha ha :irysyabairys:. Selling GL voicepacks in real life attracts deranged coomers.
Clip related.

Now imagine that but in real life.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I made a disturbing revelation throughout the whole Vshoujo drama happening...
1682489898217741.png

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
I get the impression that you have a particular person in mind when you say this.

Oh? I really wonder what the legitimacy is to this. With how hard Silver threw her under the bus, I think it's safe to say that she's pretty two faced.
If any of the EN girls were to leave after the concert, the likely candidates are the ones that have been rebuilding and focusing on their PLs (Mori and Kronii). Honestly though, I think Mori has enough brains to understand that her as Mori is significantly more successful than her as DDK and it isn't just a "being Mori caused me to finally get noticed as DDK". As much as I like to give Calli shit, she seems like a pretty grounded person and understands not to take her position at Hololive for granted. I also doubt Kronii would leave even though she's been more prominent on her PL recently. She seems to finally have a group of people she appears to be close with at Hololive so I doubt she'd give that up. I feel like she's one of those people that really benefits from being in a corp as opposed to being an indie purely because having a manager to give her that push is huge for her.
The maind reason I think someone from EN might leave this year is because this a big year of change for HoloEN, not only are they now a main part of HoloFest, rather than just being a guest appearance, but they also have their own concert going on, that I assumed goes well will likely become a yearly thing, not to mention Ina is currently in Japan recording and taking lessons, Bae also just went back to Japan for unknown reasons and Ame also mentioned having to go back soon, this is their life now, constant flying in and out of Japan will likely become commonplace for them, not to mention once they are done with whatever they have to for the En concert they soon enough will have to take another month to got to start preparing for Fest, the past two years HoloEn job has been mostly just sitting at home streaming, recording and working of paperwork but now constant work for live event are probably going to be the norm and I could see at least 1 girl deciding this is not what they signed up for and leaving.

If I had to pick the most likely candidates would be Ina, Kronii or Mumei, Ina for the reason already mentioned by others, she has a whole other career to worry about, Mumei is gonna be face with a decision regarding collage since her original plan was to take a break year and come back next year but she will probably realize there's no way she can actually keep up with both, and either drop indefitly or leave Holo and finally Kronii is just kinda in a odd place she always seem kinda like she likes Holo and streaming but always seem to be busy with real life stuff and put Holo as second priority, basically any of the girls who treated holo as part-time/second job probably won be able to anymore (except calli but she is mentally ill)

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The thing with Hololive is the girls basically dictate their own workload a lot of the time. They don't HAVE to do original songs, covers, collab projects, birthday lives, etc. Those are all things they take on themselves. They are really only required to participate in corpo-mandated stuff part of the time, it seems, along with only really having to stream 3x a week minimum. There is also precedent of being allowed to take long breaks if they need it. I just don't see much incentive for them to quit right now, given all that.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Oh well, as long as she brought Nazuna back to streaming, I'm happy.
Except she was always going to stream as Mikeneko and was getting a model made for this purpose, plus the one she was gifted by her shrimps.

Nazuna was absolutely unnecessary and was only picked up because nobody else would touch her with a barge pole due to the NDA breaking.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Except she was always going to stream as Mikeneko and was getting a model made for this purpose, plus the one she was gifted by her shrimps.

Nazuna was absolutely unnecessary and was only picked up because nobody else would touch her with a barge pole due to the NDA breaking.
I guess that's true, I just felt like after the Hololive thing she was feeling discouraged and depressed, so I was happy someone reached out to her. Though if she was an indie I wonder if she would have played Hogwart's Legacy like she wanted?

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Sharing another collab between the strongest jews as the last one was quite a riot

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Mozzu is allegedly playing Myst today, she said so in yesterday’s stream, just waiting on confirmation

Unless she’s sleeping off more tummy hort, in which case, anything goes

Limkin

Though if she was an indie I wonder if she would have played Hogwart's Legacy like she wanted?
She would've been harassed until she unalived herself. Not allowing her to touch it was the only good thing that company did in terms of corporate decisions

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

USS IOWA

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
part of the time, it seems, along with only really having to stream 3x a week minimum. There is also precedent of being allowed to take long breaks if they need it. I just don't see much incentive for them to quit right now, given all that.
Does the 3 times a week minimum even apply after the first year? I assume Sana graduated because she couldn't meet that before her anniversary. From Cover's point of view they probably recouped their sunk costs in that first year so keeping talents around after that costs very little.

Funny how the two corps twitter likes to say are poisonous to the industry, Cover and PC, continue on with little to no drama compared to everyone else.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Unless they roll out some new JP members that she has some compatibility with in a hurry and start giving her some incentive to stay, I am 99% sure she will let her contract expire.
So she would be fine with Mirai Akari or Pikamee? or just anybody is ok?
She was told the issues with her contract would be fixed months ago and they have since failed to do so while giving her the run-around. She was also misled on what vshojo would offer to her as an agency, and is currently getting 0 benefits out of being a member.
if she leaves where is she going to go? as far im aware i dont think any agency would receive her with open arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom