Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

YlAkZ02UzAWk

Tenmas women tears from her 100k celebration

GlitteringShallowGrouse-size_restricted.gif

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
About broken Twitter checkmarks, saw this vtuber get one without applying. She was hacked earlier though

Archive

The fact that people care so much over some retarded checkmark makes me realize that its all about attention whoring more than anything. Feeling special that you have some shitty mark next to your name that gives you some sort of exclusivity. Its pretty pathetic honestly.

Yuri and Lumi joined Phase-Connect months after Gen 2 was locked in, they didn't have anything to do with recruitment. To my knowledge Yuri wasn't really doing anything 'management' related at Cyberlive either, that was all Lumi and Vera after the previous manager bailed (though she was coincidentally friends with said manager). Yuri's streaming career has simply been constantly hampered by illness, bad timing, and a few bad choices. Almost anytime she starts inclining she gets sick and vanishes for days, or goes on a break killing all her momentum.

This is a bit weirder than the norm though. She's deleted her VoD channel on YouTube, deleted all details in her About sections on YouTube and Twitch, apparently left Lumi's discord and unbound her Twitch details from her account (but left YouTube linked) and has closed off nearly all forms of communication one might normally have with her. The fact Rie seems aware of what's going on but doesn't seem bothered by it, and Lia, Yuri's BFF, is still awake liking random stuff on Twitter might mean it's nothing major though, hopefully.
While it's true that they joined after Phase 2 was locked in I roughly remember her mentioning going over some of the applications or at least seeing them. Maybe it was after the fact and I'm just assuming she had a hand in it. There was a stream with Rie and Shiina talking about when they joined and there was a big gap in the time between they picked their first member (i think it was Erina, Im not sure it was a long time ago) and the last member (Airi).

I don't watch Yuri too much (Twitch) but has she mentioned studies or work or something? I know she lives with her parents. Has she mentioned them pushing her to pursue a career or something (similar to the Lisa situation)?

Mysta's outfit was pretty okay too, something about Vox's new outfit seems really odd to me though
I feel like Vox's design is just pushing for the whole Genshin fangirls that like oni-boys. Designed specifically to print chinese fujo money.
maxresdefault.jpg

The only thing I got from that is that a bunch of FPS addicted normies have discovered vtubing for the detriment of everyone, is that right?
Honestly, thats not bad. I feel like Vtubing is stagnating when it comes to the audience. And bringing new eyes from other communities is a great way to help it grow even more.

I'm not sure what you mean by stagnation. There have been multiple huge positive and negative events, streams and drama amongst corporate and large Indies these past two months, most of which has been documented in this thread. Perhaps you are simply becoming jaded towards the vtuber scene or have unrealistic ideas for what is considered a happening?
I think he means in the audience growth department. If that is what he means, I agree. Vtubers will need to start looking for new viewers outside the anime/weeb fandom. Shit like sports, hell even shit like racing.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
While it's true that they joined after Phase 2 was locked in I roughly remember her mentioning going over some of the applications or at least seeing them. Maybe it was after the fact and I'm just assuming she had a hand in it. There was a stream with Rie and Shiina talking about when they joined and there was a big gap in the time between they picked their first member (i think it was Erina, Im not sure it was a long time ago) and the last member (Airi).
Phase 2 was in by at least mid December because they did karaoke thing on discord and some of them got found out (including Airi).

Also did you guys know Airi is being cute RIGHT NOW

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I do recall a football focussed vtuber (JP) who got clipped for a bit during the WC. No, I don't mean Pekora. Gone back to being obscure enough that I can't find her again, though.

Of course, Usui Clear remains the gold standard for vtuber niche outside weebdom.

fortnitesmasherX

If that is what he means, I agree. Vtubers will need to start looking for new viewers outside the anime/weeb fandom. Shit like sports, hell even shit like racing.
How the fuck are vtubers going to appeal to sports and racing fans?

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Honestly, thats not bad. I feel like Vtubing is stagnating when it comes to the audience. And bringing new eyes from other communities is a great way to help it grow even more.

Vtubers will need to start looking for new viewers outside the anime/weeb fandom. Shit like sports, hell even shit like racing.
I know I'd dive head first into wrestling. If there's one place where fans are more autistic than vtubers, it's there. :smugselen:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
By playing Sports and Racing games or they themselves being into it and having zatsudans talking about that shit.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Ina New Outfit Reveal. SOON! Like 30 minutes

Like any other content creator who covers sports and racing - talk about tournaments, show graphics, sperg about numbers. Tell stories about teams or individuals of the scene. Defend favourite team, do watchalongs etc. Sky is the limit! Can even play related video games, if tourney season is slow.

Last edited:

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

Seems like more people are taking notice. What are the deathpool stocks on the phase girls? I figured one of the JP talents would leave first.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

DelusionTree

Early Adopter

If they changed the collab time they should pin it, I'm old and confused! Also they shouldn't change it, fuck you phase weekly!

They are talking about Dubai scat parties now
And fishman can't immediately blame Pippa/Lia/Lumi for this wholesome content

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
What are the deathpool stocks on the phase girls?
IIRC nobody placed bets for phase girls except for Pippa, but that was because she was suicide baiting at the time and Henri was more active.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Seems like more people are taking notice. What are the deathpool stocks on the phase girls? I figured one of the JP talents would leave first.

If anyone from PC is reading, in case this isn't painfully obvious, this is a really bad look. Please tell us something concrete to stem the rrats. You guys have been pretty good about this sort of stuff in the past.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
If anyone from PC is reading, in case this isn't painfully obvious, this is a really bad look. Please tell us something concrete to stem the rrats. You guys have been pretty good about this sort of stuff in the past.
Eh, someone's gonna ask Pippa about it in a couple hours probably.

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
I can't decide if I'm leaning toward idiotic publicity stunt, or graduation or similar incident. Doing something vague like this is exactly what gets people talking and posting rrats.

edit: nothing on phase weekly about it of course

Last edited:

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Stop reading the strange flyers from hostages, there is nothing wrong with the cat.1682137123446794.png

Piarro

Early Adopter
There's no way she isn't graduating, come on. It's hardly a rrat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom