"Glasses are really versatile. First, you can have glasses-wearing girls take them off and suddenly become beautiful, or have girls wearing glasses flashing those cute grins, or have girls stealing the protagonist's glasses and putting them on like, "Haha, got your glasses!" That's just way too cute! Also, boys with glasses! I really like when their glasses have that suspicious looking gleam, and it's amazing how it can look really cool or just be a joke. I really like how it can fulfill all those abstract needs. Being able to switch up the styles and colors of glasses based on your mood is a lot of fun too! It's actually so much fun! You have those half rim glasses, or the thick frame glasses, everything! It's like you're enjoying all these kinds of glasses at a buffet. I really want Luna to try some on or Marine to try some on to replace her eyepatch. We really need glasses to become a thing in hololive and start selling them for HoloComi. Don't. You. Think. We. Really. Need. To. Officially. Give. Everyone. Glasses?"Shirakami Fubuki

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Pippa is apparently made of math (bad math, but not shork-level bad)

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Lia starting off the stream getting confused by the "Why is 6 afraid of 7?" joke.

Then she "got it":

"If you add 7 + 8.....6 is afraid because if you add 7 + 8 you get 15, and if you subtract 6, it equals 9."
:lolwat:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Is this the first time she has mentioned her father? Given the lack of comments about him, and the post from @Just A Plant I honestly highly suspected that was who she was referring to when she was talking about that dangerous family member.
It's like the 4th time i think, before the ring comment on a different stream she said he visited her and she watched something on netflix with him, some people think the one causing trouble to her family is her brother or an aunt/uncle.

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
It's like the 4th time i think, before the ring comment on a different stream she said he visited her and she watched something on netflix with him, some people think the one causing trouble to her family is her brother or an aunt/uncle.
I see. The case of the brother would line up with the post you made a bit back, assuming they were real tweets. On the case of the aunt/uncle, I was under the impression she was living with this family member at one point. I wonder if there has been anything to suspect that the non-immediate family member(s) were living in the same household?

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Lia starting off the stream getting confused by the "Why is 6 afraid of 7?" joke.

Then she "got it":

"If you add 7 + 8.....6 is afraid because if you add 7 + 8 you get 15, and if you subtract 6, it equals 9."
:lolwat:
Please understand

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

oh hey, more niji related tourney stuff. but why fall guys though

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Had to clip this for myself because Korone's comedic luck + Botan's and Lui's laugh make for the best combo

Last edited:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Juna is playing legally distinct crab rave game with Liora.
More unity!

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

NijiEn’s version of Kronii, possibly

edit: surely she refrigerated it… I hope

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Has there been anything to suspect that the non-immediate family member(s) were living in the same household?
Not that i know of, but you got me thinking since she said her dad visited her, it could mean her parents may be divorced/not together, and it could be a step-father causing issues.

Piarro

Early Adopter
she must directly vaguepost at reticule and tell him he will never fix her, and tell him to stop referring to her as meat and flesh
I fear if that happened we may need a thread for him soon after.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
Maybe he just thinks he's cool. I know he's gotten a lot of notoriety over in Japan now.
The dream of course is to see him do a collab with one of the holos, but I have no idea if anything like that has been planned.
Seems about right; as far as I remember, the global Nijisanji Twitter tried to get in touch with Porter prior to NijiEN's debut, presumably as their first/main attempt at Lazulight's debut song.
Fuck it I'll do some compiling since we have @Murray around.

• There's Backing Track for a specifically rocky/metally sound.
  • Twitch streamer Harris Heller created an entire label around the idea of providing free-to-use bgm tracks for streamers, called StreamBeats
  • Then you've got Pretzel Rocks, which provides both free and paid services, but you've got to be careful with them. You need to be running their app and let their bot in your chat to get license to those tracks. AND not all tracks are licensed for use on YouTube (and specifically YouTube, Twitch for some reason is perfectly fine for everything, but youtube has more restrictions for some reason)
  • Streamers Ludwig and JSchlatt decided to hire some orchestras to perform classical pieces and put them up as royalty-free and gratis to use on a channel called "Lud and Schlatt's Music Emporium"
  • Electronic Label FiXT has a program for streamers, notable name on the label is Celldweller, who I think actually owns the label https://www.fixtmusic.com/licensing/
    • Minor restriction of you have to have not pirated the music. Which it's all on Spotify anyway so ffffff.
  • And finally the aforementioned Dova Syndrome.

It sounds like a good idea until you realize there's way too many good free services.
If you want additional free-to-use BGM repositories that are still weeb (some may ask for credit while using a track):
I remember knowing a shitload more for a project; if we ever have a Vtubing resource thread, I could update this with extra links if I find them.

I'm pretty sure at least one of these has links to even more websites, just be careful for two things when digging for other sites with DeepL. One is sites that ask you to submit something along the lines of a usage report -- If I understand right, that pretty much means you've gotta tell them when and what you're using their track for. That can be a bit risky, as if the person doesn't like/understand your content, they could go "take it down prease undastand". Granted, it's unlikely they'll scour the internet for it themselves, but this opens you up to a potential person manchildren can get you in trouble with. The other is that if the website's agreement does not allow content that "violates morals" or whatever along these lines, this means that if you're an edgy memeboi or a coomer, they don't allow usage for that.

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
Not that i know of, but you got me thinking since she said her dad visited her, it could mean her parents may be divorced/not together, and it could be a step-father causing issues.
True, that is a good point. Even if the brother did exist, unless they are vastly older than her, it is hard to believe a child could cause the whole family problems she mentioned being "all her life". Seems like puntkicking the little-shit would be more than enough of a solution in most households. Or Juvie.

I fear if that happened we may need a thread for him soon after.
If that ever happens, we will need to sacrifice Nolan and allow Reticule to lobotomize him to cheer him up.

JMForte

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Regarding Selen's tweets:

TSB had a huge fundamental issue in that it seemed Axel wanted to be IGL because he was the Captain, despite the fact that he recruited Selen who is a much stronger player overall. They tried to remedy this by splitting IGL responsibilities between 'Rotation' (Axel) and 'Fight' (Selen).

The problem was that the quality of Selen's fight calls are entirely dependent on:
A) The quality of Axel's rotations and
B) The fact that Axel often tried to take over Fight IGL whenever he saw a team he thought he could maybe kill anyway.

Axel was given only a month to learn how to rotate at a similar level of quality to other players like Noah, Qpi, Gorilla etc which was just never going to happen. His methodology seemed to centre around recognising 'good spots' based on where he saw other pro teams go in similar rings, and even Noct had to tell him that just because it worked in some VOD doesn't mean the current game he's in has any of the same circumstances.

In other words, Axel would land them in incredibly unsafe spots or outright drop them out in the open in front of other teams, and then pass the IGL over to Selen to take over the fight calls. She couldn't.

This isn't 'blame', by the way. If Selen refused to be IGL then her counter-calling and subsequent knocking of Axel's confidence is entirely on her - and I think her vow to become an IGL in the future may indicate that to have been the case.

Even so, Axel seemingly didn't learn some obvious bad landing spots which always put them in trouble; for example, they tried to 'hold' the bottom of a hill that had Pakael shooting down on them and Noah shooting them from the house opposite. If one team doesn't fuck them, the other will. Axel made this position call 4 times in scrims and they died in 3 of them. He then decided to make the same call on tournament day which is where Selen detached and she died early. Small wonder she was heartbroken by that.

What was interesting to me though was the lack of faith at least Axel seemed to have in their ability to take 3v3s. TSB were arguably one of the strongest teams at taking fights in the whole tournament, and in scrims they fucked up Noah's team so badly they either outright died or were forced to disengage - this included a fight in the very house that, on tournament day, they didn't dare push and ended up getting caught out.

All this is to say that TSB were a very strong team that had all players in the wrong roles. I'd like to see TSB come back one day in the future, with Selen as IGL. I think they'll become the team they want to be at that point.

And hey, as I've always said, these tournaments always create these stories of victory and humiliation. Selen should know better than anyone what her oshi Chihiro has had to endure participating in these things. Even this very tournament had some mild drama with Astel, Ars and Sena not really getting along very well but they did really well in the end. Nekota Tsuna and Tokoyami Towa are reunited since the former graduated from Niji and they finished dead last. AQF dominated scrims and finished 12th.

I think Selen has realised she can't just turn up to a tournament after not touching Apex for months at a time and roll the likes of Noah. For better or worse, we may very well be entering an arc where Selen and Axel take their practice more seriously in the hopes of reuniting in the future, and that'll be fucking awesome.

At the very least, I hope the three of them realise that this last month was just a lot of great content, and that their performance on the day doesn't undo the value of their work as content creators for their respective content creator companies.

I doubt we've seen the last of TSB.

Anyway, I'll continue to be here less for the foreseeable as I have a lot going on.

Take your meds. Don't let this place come as dangerously close to being a /vt/ overflow as it was a month ago. Watch Kotoka Torahime whenever you can.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Speaking of the funny dragon, she's live with Pomu. Playing Minceraft 2.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Are people just playing minecraft fagends just because it has "minecraft" in the title without knowing that it literally has nothing to do with minecraft apart from the aesthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom