General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Kalion

:)
Purin is reading the manual to Deep Rock Galactic in an ASMR/whisper voice.
In fact, this entire week of her streams is DRG themed. She may be addicted.

AmpleChip

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
"If you're too soft and not bitchy enough to deal with me, you just end up hating me and joining the angry, not-Lumi Discords, y'know?" -Kaneko Lumi :SelenHAHAhere:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Holo 3D models can be hit or miss outside of the concert setting (Gura's is adorable while Korone's is honestly kind of uncanny, I wish she'd stick entirely to the 2D ones during regular streams), but Mumei's looks really nice here, good for her.
They have been getting better with it, but the earlier gens could really use an update. Even in concerts, some of them stick out.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I miss Mumei's quest to draw every member of hololive in her unique style. I hate how that little project got put on hold.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I feel like this may somehow be more autistic than when a bunch of people took literal autism tests. I don't think we really need a middle school-esque who likes who list.
it's useful info if your into tribalfagging and being judged by every person on this thread.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Did she blur it on purpose or is that just a shitty screenshot?
It's not my screenshot but I'm 99% sure she took a blurry photo on purpose. It was deleted within a couple minutes.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
They have been getting better with it, but the earlier gens could really use an update. Even in concerts, some of them stick out.
That's true. A bit of a higher polygon count and more responsive facial rigging could go a long way.

I think with the concerts the cinematography and lighting is a bigger factor in making it look good than the raw model quality though. The recent Fes performances were among the best Holo 3D shows have looked thanks in no small part to the intense stage lighting, not just the strobe effects over the audience's seating but the dynamic lighting within the on-screen settings themselves. It makes the scene look more believable than a lot of the regular streamed birthday/celebration live events where the models can look out of place.

The cinematography still needs work though - I'm not surprised some of the more complex outfits are susceptible to clipping issues (Gura's sleeves and Ame's coat in their regular outfits are really noticeable), but the workaround there is for the directors to familiarise themselves with what moves are likely to cause a problem and be clever about the camera/prop positioning to hide the worst of it.

Creative filtering helps a lot too. Marine's 3D live that used the '80s/'90s TV show theme (and matching VHS/chromatic aberration effect) helped disguise the rougher edges on the models, making for a much more cohesive look.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I feel like this may somehow be more autistic than when a bunch of people took literal autism tests. I don't think we really need a middle school-esque who likes who list.
>this is too autistic for the social board full of autists who autistically follow autistic women pretending to be autistic anime girls
1680452641594058.png
(Katta isn't autistic, she's just wonderfully insane)

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

AmpleChip

It's not my screenshot but I'm 99% sure she took a blurry photo on purpose. It was deleted within a couple minutes.
Very likely.
Some AI-fag could probably unblur the image in a matter of minutes using that recent AI stuff. Unfortunately I do not have the know-how nor the time for that.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The HoloEN tickets should go on-sale sometime on the 5th. Of course it is through ticketmaster, so whoever is gonna try and get some, get ready to be fucked.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Mumei's A New Start Choir version by itself. Her stream was minimized before it started and it confused me so much when it started playing.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
I feel like Amiya is one of the closest talents in the west to replicate the idol formula which in a way is why I think her content is not as popular despite how talented she is. Luckily she has a fairly dedicated fanbase. I think she would fit perfectly in Hololive.
That's because she's a huge idol otaku (especially when Hello! Project is concerned) though she vehemently denied being an idol in the past when buckos tried to call her that.

Regarding "fitting in hololive", I disagree considering her very niche gaming interests and permission hell this would land her in. She's fed up with being managed anyway.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Yuko makin cupcakes for her 60k stream. She joked about showing feet at 100k and management bonked her saying she has to go through with it now.

My friend just informed me she did a hentai tag list at the end and it's as cursed as you'd expect
Screenshot_20230403-213920-326.png

smartestkidontheshortbus

"If you're too soft and not bitchy enough to deal with me, you just end up hating me and joining the angry, not-Lumi Discords, y'know?" -Kaneko Lumi :SelenHAHAhere:
Her Genshit streams are surprisingly good

niggaphil

My friend just informed me she did a hentai tag list at the end and it's as cursed as you'd expect
NTR is NO, and there is no BLACKED/BBC in the tag list?
This is definitely fake news.
:irysisadork:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom