"Social Justice Warrior Certificate? I don't want this. I don't even like Twitter"Tenma Maemi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
maybe it's a lack of perspective because we're fans that exist in the english speaking world but I don't see ANYONE emulating Hololive's desire for being family friendly and "seiso" and "idol"

Maybe it's different in Japan but it's the opposite over here, where you can't swing a stick without hitting a "lewdtuber" and the issue is getting worse now that we have women just dildoing themselves live on Twitter Space for people to listen to.

Like the second part of that statement I get because Unicorns are fucked up and deserve to be driven out of fandoms, but who is she talking about with seeing all these vtubers trying to emulate hololive?
It really just does come off as her coping to me. But Anon is also kinda wrong, because you have girls like Rin who aren't really idols or coomtubers absolutely exploding right now.

this shit

fuck it

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
I haven't seen anyone post about this, but during his Dwarf Fortress stream Vesper took a sudden interest in gelding. His clan's tactic is now officially "always go for the balls".
This reminded me of a thing he said hat made me get a big of a chuckle. There was a point in the latter parts where he goes "Oh Fuck, another baby." Can't find it, did find this one though. Which is also an amusing can't possibly be used out of context 20 or so seconds.

Anyway tell your whore Oshis's to stop giving my grampire ptsd for having his kids.

Well there we have it. Tempus didn't have a different deal than Myth. Bettel got bonked for playing the wrong version of RE4 and not following the stupid rules. If he wants to stream it again, he has to start completely over.
Holy shit I wasn't crazy then. He did fuck up (even if I had the reasons wrong) and it wasn't because of his stream being sponsored or anything. This poor guy lol. Like he's a funny motherfucker as a streamer AND as a train wreck, but I can't help but feel bad about some of the shit he gets into.

As an aside, I'm glad I missed all the Kson shit lol. Whole thing was a big of a clusterfuck in general from her wording, to her translation, to the discussion.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I hope you guys are ready for some Poggers with Shiina! Didn't we just finish this game? TO BAD

Edit: "Guys I don't actually want to keep saying Poggers" Well you should have never said it all :SelenHAHAhere:
Edit:
obslol2.PNG

God is punishing you for ending Zatsu too quickly!

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I feel like Kson's POV is too biased. Hololive is really the ones doing the idol thing sucessfully in Japan. There are some trying to do it in EN, but insinuating it is either that or be an e-girl/coomer (what is even the difference if neither fanbase wants the person to collab with males) which is ridiculous when you look at Nijisanji's massive success and other smaller groups like VOMs.

Her main experiences are:
  • Her own (did not want to collab with males in Holo)
  • Rushia/Nazuna (Makes literal GFE, what do you expect?)
  • Kanata (literally stated she had no desire to collab with males because of her views on what an idol is as a huge JP idol buff.)
  • Calli (Literally just thrives off antis at this point)
There is no helping the Unicorn schizos and at some point I honestly think she just needs to learn to stop feeding trolls. Whenever she goes on these rants, they always feel like they are fueled by her own, justified, bitterness towards what happened to her. She is not helping anyone with these streams, especially by not making statements in both languages at the same time.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
So far it's the sort of game where...Well, there are other CTD that are infinitely superior. That being said, I ran into a fellow Pippa Simpa and we ran wild for a few matches.

simps together strong.png

EDIT: OH COME ON, I ALMOST GOT IN, KIRSCHE PLEASE

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Is this the same @Reticule from here?
1680041101312.png

From Kirsche's MechArena stream.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
The threads about Kson's stream are a shitshow but here's one anon's interpretation that I found interesting
View attachment 18005
Warosu
It devolves into twitch whore because it's ten times easier to edge a bunch of coomers out of their money than to put countless hours of work into anything else that gives half the return at best. People have Kson as this innovator in the scene when she was a pretty eh content creator, what set her apart in hololive is because when she started there, the company was still running their idol shtick hard and having a loudmouth individual in a stale environment was seen as the second coming of god. If you want to call someone an innovator that should go to Ame and her autism.

Lets be real here vtubing is just the use of an animated avatar to produce content, the ones adding some spice into the mix are the corpos who try to make something more than anime girl plays game poorly while being cute. They go: have a concert of the girl performing on stage, have some fun games of them interacting live, have some meet and greets, have special events organized by themselves, have dumb sketches. Kson with all her pull and alleged creativity has produced dick and like anon says if she's so concerned about the state of the scene she could literally put money where her mouth is and lift up the people doing something interesting or set something up to help people trying to break into something else than streaming games but all she has done is join a group of people known for being assholes lmao.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

Stunned But Dumb

Hope this isn't too degenerate, I just love Darkstalkers.

AmpleChip

The threads about Kson's stream are a shitshow but here's one anon's interpretation that I found interesting
View attachment 18005
Warosu
Related to this, I gravitate towards idol type vtubers because I just like watching cute girls doing cute things with other cute girls on stream. It has nothing to do with boyfriends, unicornness or talent freedom, I don't give a shit what they do on their off time. Girls-only streams are simply much more pleasant, compared to cross-gender collabs where yet another soyboy twinktuber tries to lead the conversation into flirty/sexual clipper bait content (I'm primarily looking at you Nijisanji).

Some exceptions can be given to Hololive-Holostars, first because most of them are bros instead of twinks, and secondly because the "Idol" status of Holo girls forces some behavioral limits to the bros.
Those limits result in a different kind of, very funny comedic tension instead of Niji's flirty tension, that hovers above the holobros like the sword of Damocles.
Combos like Vesper-Kronii and Matsuri-Roberu are good examples of acceptable cross-gender collabs, where the bro is forced to dance around the idol limits, and the girl knows she has the advantage and just keeps trolling, and it's funny as fuck.

Vshojo doesn't do any of that. They just coombait, whether it's a solo stream, girl collab or male collab, it's all the same, boring twitch thottery.

MR.T800

Why do you cry?
In other news, Sakura-Con date time and booth confirmed for Phase Connect:

[- YOUR MOST HATED CHUUBA SHOULD BE PERFORMING LIVE AT CYBERSAKURA - APR/29 - 30 -]

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Taishi if you are reading this i hope the CCP raids your house
Honestly, she should have not had the stream live-translated. This kind of statement is not good for moment-to-moment translations. She should have just made a statement in both Japanese and English in the same stream.

Not-Username

All this talk about creativity.

What was your latest encounter with a creative stream idea?

I got only two off the top of my head

• Rinmama guessing vtuber names
  • Kiara sock puppets
Honorable mention for "completely out there" goes to Kiara's ironing Handcamp zatsu

For video content I really like watames girigiri and have a nice day series

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
View attachment 18005
Warosu
Why do I have to super busy on the one day with interesting drama?!?

Tbh this "idol shit will DESTROY VTUBERS" spiel is getting tiring, vtubers are NOT becoming more idol-like by any measure, if anything a lot of vtubers that began after 2020 are following vshojo's footsteps and becoming borderline whores online. If you wanna talk about the big bucks, Nijisanji makes a lot more money than Hololive, and they are not idols by any measure of the word nor have they ever marketed themselves as such.

The celebrated new corpos are idolEN and EIEN, both of whom are hellbent on pushing "Talent freedom", I do not know where this sentiment comes from. Maybe this is like commies vision of the world, just like killing off all of the rich will magically fix all of our issues maybe killing off all kayfabe and idolshit in vtubing will magically get rid of unicorns and gachis.

Why does anyone care so much about what one person says via vague nods and without saying any names? If this was an actual expose with actual facts and evidence then yeah, but just saying "There's something I don't like and it's literally gonna kill the entire multi-million dollar industry in 5 years" is a bit hyperbolic.

Also my wife was too cute today, but I wasn't gonna wake up at 5 AM on a workday just to watch a concert, sorry but I'm not that PARASOCIAL.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Well there we have it. Tempus didn't have a different deal than Myth. Bettel got bonked for playing the wrong version of RE4 and not following the stupid rules. If he wants to stream it again, he has to start completely over.
Is that related to this bit from The Leanster

I used to wonder why I, a grown ass man with a credit card cannot just simply buy shit from amazon jp, until someone there explained to me the subtleties of the japanese banking and credit system.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
It started an hour ago, but it looks like more of Idol is hopping on the ASMR train. This time it's the non-Irish leprechaun.

Is that related to this bit from The Leanster

Yeah, he bought and played the US version for like 5 hours. He also didn't hide the puzzles or do any of the other bizzare Capcomisms. So he got the bonk. He said he would play the JP version off stream and catch up to where he was before continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom