"What should I do tonight? Stream or have sex?"Tokoyami Towa (talking about Needy Girl Overdose)

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening
I've never seen anything from this guy in my whole life and all I've got to say is:
What the fuck is this shit? It's like zoomer editing on crack.

Do people watch this unironically?
Tbh this one of the more watchable ones.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It feels like every single day without fail there’s posts here about Shiina being extra parasocial today or some post about just how much she loves her cookies. We’re reaching a level of parasociality that shouldn’t even be possible. :shiinastare:

It’s been quite interesting to see from someone who doesn’t watch her.
Same here, it's been getting weirder by the day and nobody seems to care, getting that close with a bunch of randos you don't know online to the level that they influence your emotions and behavior can't ever be good. This one smells like menhera.
I've never seen anything from this guy in my whole life and all I've got to say is:

It's a video about genchink "ironic haha I wasted my money on useless crap". I don't think the editing is the biggest issue here.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Pippa is supposed to be Nahida.
I don't believe him.

ShiiHag Love

Hag Love now and forever
Same here, it's been getting weirder by the day and nobody seems to care, getting that close with a bunch of randos you don't know online to the level that they influence your emotions and behavior can't ever be good. This one smells like menhera.

Even as a butter cookie myself I couldn't agree more. I (platonic and only as an fan) love the gal and think she's a fantastic streamer, she's even my favorite, but I hope this level of affection's a bit used to gather more of a following or loyalty to her and she doesn't feel as strongly as she's been implying. Relying emotionally on a fanbase that is a faceless multitude can bite your ass eventually. She hasn't reached the point of menhera yet but sometimes you never notice you're on a slippery slope and you've started sliding.

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
Saw that someone said NijiEN got into some shit. Who was this time?

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Shiina knows we're broke :shiinastare:

View attachment 16754
Also more about the bad news/ bad interaction with some people

So, she mentioned on stream IIRC a mixer for her music wanted her to growl, and she can't and the person couldn't understand (mentioned language barrier IIRC) this and kept trying to explain what they wanted and such. I wonder if this got out of hand? Could they just cancel a project or something if they got mad at her?
All I know is somebody out there mad Shiina cry for 2 days and deprive us of at least 1 Shiina stream :gun: :annoyedpippa:
I messed up and forgot 1 message about the rude interactions.
interactions.PNG

^This makes it seem more like it was business and not IRL people. Otherwise the other message did sound like it could have been a IRL doxx/harassments type situation. Rude people could be anything, but bad interactions seems like it has to be the business.
Keeki uploading, sounds good to me

Uploading old Cosplay pics? I wonder if this will be the next big Vtuber secret alt account trend? :pippasquish:
I wonder if the sudden Graduation of the 2 Nexstage talents yesterday has anything to do with Fishman announcing that Gen3 has been picked. Was Phase auditioning only female vtubers or males as well?
No Pi-pi-nesses, but IIRC Pippa did say once it's okay to just apply anyways..... so.. who knows. They probably just want to laugh at the auditions from capipis .
Edit:
Yeah and this recent 2-3 days of Malding brings up a problem with this: There are some problems that will come up that cookies just can't give support with because of the secretive nature of business and Vtubers. Maybe that's why she made a point management was supporting her. It is concerning, but she is also making efforts to go out with friends when possible too, so that's good.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
I mean, you can't get them younger than fresh out of the womb.
That'd just be Holo X: EN edition.

But that's actually not a bad idea. Holo X has two hags, EN has none.

Fuck, even Niji EN has a hag.
Based on how good the Hags in JP are, Cover is stalling the coveted and prestigious EN Hag line because the west wouldn't be able to handle the sheer power that is premium hagdom. Someone like Nina from Niji is pretty good but it also strikes me as being like a mommy act. Maybe it's just me but it truly feels played up. Not that it's a bad thing but it's notable to me.
However you can't release some natural hag streamers like Botan, Mio, Korone, Lui, or Marine into the western vtuber sphere without full proper preperation. The weak would cry out and vanish into dust within moments.

Honestly though, I really wonder what they would end up with if they finally release one or two of them. Covers selection for talents have generally been shown to be consistently solid over time. Peoeple slept on Lui and Kaela for a good couple months before people noticed them.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
More of spooder boss bgm listenalong

obsession.png

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Based on how good the Hags in JP are, Cover is stalling the coveted and prestigious EN Hag line because the west wouldn't be able to handle the sheer power that is premium hagdom. Someone like Nina from Niji is pretty good but it also strikes me as being like a mommy act. Maybe it's just me but it truly feels played up. Not that it's a bad thing but it's notable to me.
However you can't release some natural hag streamers like Botan, Mio, Korone, Lui, or Marine into the western vtuber sphere without full proper preperation. The weak would cry out and vanish into dust within moments.

Honestly though, I really wonder what they would end up with if they finally release one or two of them. Covers selection for talents have generally been shown to be consistently solid over time. Peoeple slept on Lui and Kaela for a good couple months before people noticed them.
Actually, Ina by all known accounts started doing this when she was 28. So technically she's a hag now.

Edit: Chaos Gremlin Fuyo is starting her 48 hour donothon now

She has pledged to eat a beanboozled jelly bean for every $150 donated.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Sava is streaming to break Proctor's heart yet again

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
If you need double Brittness ( :beatanimeds: ) Rin is playing Stanley Parable

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Rin Penrose is now streaming "The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe"-

oh come on I was literally just writing this, I'll remove the link, bring on the clocks

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
We were already adopted by Mamakin (still real), I don't think I could handle a second mother

Meemaw, however, I will support at the drop of a hat, my only regret in life is that I am most likely too young for her tastes
Don't forget Rinmama who will eventually steal chat away from Lia :smugpipi:

Not to armchair Dr. Phil meemaw, but the peepaw obsession is probably just a phase, and tbh makes me more inclined to believe the wonton relationship not only ended but ended badly. It's surprisingly common for women to reach a point of frustration with dating after a bad enough breakup that they decide anyone their age is just a fuckboy and they pursue older more stable men for a while to try and find security. Men do the same thing, in college I got tired of shallow bitches and dated a woman 15 years older than me for a while.

Once she hits later 30s or early 40s if she's still single she might end up going the other way and becoming a cougar, dating her own college age boytoy, and thus the cycle of Freudian weirdness continues.
Shush, you, I'm on a mission :smugrys:

Nah, we kid around a lot about it but I don't think she's  that parasocial to the point of menhera, at least not in the way people seem to be taking it. It's not like she's dreaming of marrying a cookie or something, she just finds comfort knowing there are several hundred people out there who hang on her every word and who actually give a damn about her. That's pretty normal by the standards of parasocial stuff, and there is also always the chance that it's mostly a bit and not as deep as portrayed. She loves us in the same way any entertainer with a small following starts to love their fans, we are a constant ego boost and show of support. She still has normal day to day activities and friends and stuff so it's not like she's tied herself to her computer obsessing 24/7 about a bunch of weebs.

.......yet

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Alrighty. I shared her a couple days ago. Shes debutong now ( new model i guess since she has streamed a lot recently.

So far
She says alrighty every 10 sec its annoying
Hag?? Maybe cant tell?
She said shes gonna murder an orphan ( in minecraft )
Oh yeah shes chronically ill
Cute model

Edit : shes inviting friends in vc during her debut. Of course the first one sounds like the biggest femboy soyboy gay ass stupid fuck. Talks like a fucking valley girl. Its the first time i see some vc chatting during a " debut"?

Edit 2 : 3 out of 3 vc friends so far are guys. What a whore

Last edited:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

hololive ruined /jp/

Why is it weird that an e-girl wants to manipulate her paypigs? your voice matters to her, she loves, she appreciates, she desires your affection.
Pay money please, but only if you can afford to, and please come to the donothon.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
so you're saying there's a chance
Best time window imo will be in the space between her donothon and just after gen 3 debut - if her donothon goes well she'll be riding a high for a while that she'll want to defend from potentially being stolen by shiny new gen. Too soon and you just end up with a spoiled meemaw, too late and she decides the cookies are just like any other simps and will leave for something new.
:holohag::hololove:
Shall prevail

paul

Early Adopter
Why is it weird that an e-girl wants to manipulate her paypigs? your voice matters to her, she loves, she appreciates, she desires your affection.
Pay money please, but only if you can afford to, and please come to the donothon.
Obviously it's working. Everyday I have to scroll through parasocial tweets and discord screenshots that are posted here :beataniugh:.
Axel's teampicks for VSaikyo are pretty good, it will be interesting to see if they can actually perform as a team.
Nekomikuri released the second part of his multi-pov clips of Aqua's first MC stream in ages featuring Pekora's and Chloe's shenanigans. High quality stuff:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Fuyos donothon seems to be going well so far, she started recently and has already passed $9k, was just crying happy leprechaun tears.

Also panda is gitting gudder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom