"Thanks for not saying the gamer word in my chat. I know it took a lot of restraint"Mono Monet

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

NINATORI!

Good to know my hunch was right. She never said who the collab was with but she mentioned we would be surprised and I just assumed it was Kiara given how they had met offline back in Japan.

I've mentioned before, but I work in the IT sector. This particular point is so completely unforgivable it's insane. Nux was 100% in the right. It's wholly unacceptable for a company not to put out a press release of some kind the second they even SUSPECT someone is impersonating them. From everything Nux and Gunrun shared, it was an outside IT contractor that vShojo was employing, and he was singlehandedly playing cowboy cop on this. vShojo blew it, and the speed at which the talent turned on Nux for petty goddamn reasons was mind boggling. Nux hasn't fully recovered from this either, as he recently mentioned it on a video he put out about Kwite. He described the event briefly as "I was backstabbed by a bunch of people I had considered my friends".
As much as I dislike Nux it was amazing how his video showed how useless and stupid Vshojo management was. This is why they all did a 180 and threw him under the bus. To save face.

I thought I remembered her viewer counts when she first collabed with Pippa were way smaller. Went to SullyGnome and yea, I wasn't wrong.
Here's her last year of views.
View attachment 16623
Since that second collab, she's been on a pretty damn steady incline ever since. And it's not like she got a major bump from the Pippa collab and has been riding that wave. I think she just got the word of mouth growth going on. She should be proud of her recent performance.
For posterity, here's her lifetime viewers chart.
View attachment 16625
Good shit. She has gotten a bunch of new subs, followers and donos. Really glad for her.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Speaking of unity, found this on Reddit:
"Selen's streaming Apex Legends. She's started by talking about how she got into VSaikyo. Apparently the organizers had originally banned her because she ranked up to Predator prior to being in Nijisanji. After Axel spent a bunch of time negotiating for her - and after reviewing all her past and present accounts - they allowed her to be in rated at 10 points. They're still trying to confirm their 3rd member and a coach.

Also, she said that every individual collab has to be approved by management up to this point. That's why she didn't stream her perspective for the recent custom match. They're trying to get it worked out so they can stream whenever they want, at least for tournament prep and the actual event.

Despite all the difficulties, this is a dream come true for her and she's very grateful for all the hard work that's gone into allowing her to play in the tournament."

Selen's Apex stream:

Axel truly is EN's Winning Son.

Rating Selen at 10 points cuz she reached Pred ages ago is very dumb, she doesn't play apex as much as she used to. Hal screwed them hard by doing this, now they'll have a hard time finding someone decent to fit in.
Regardless, massive W by Axel for inviting Selen to join.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Good shit. She has gotten a bunch of new subs, followers and donos. Really glad for her
I followed her on twitch recently because of this place. Havnt got the chance to catch her stream yet and maybe 2 days after i followed i was gifted a sub

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
I followed her on twitch recently because of this place. Havnt got the chance to catch her stream yet and maybe 2 days after i followed i was gifted a sub
Yeah the same happened to me, as she definitely has a baron or two in her chat. My hypnosis on why she's growing is due to her chat interaction skills. I just sum random fuck, and she reads out my basic chat about half the time I'm there so she's definitely on the ball.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
AugieRFC's opinion on vtubers:

1678849922854.png

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Rating Selen at 10 points cuz she reached Pred ages ago is very dumb, she doesn't play apex as much as she used to. Hal screwed them hard by doing this, now they'll have a hard time finding someone decent to fit in.
Speaking of unity, found this on Reddit:
"Selen's streaming Apex Legends. She's started by talking about how she got into VSaikyo. Apparently the organizers had originally banned her because she ranked up to Predator prior to being in Nijisanji. After Axel spent a bunch of time negotiating for her - and after reviewing all her past and present accounts - they allowed her to be in rated at 10 points. They're still trying to confirm their 3rd member and a coach.

Also, she said that every individual collab has to be approved by management up to this point. That's why she didn't stream her perspective for the recent custom match. They're trying to get it worked out so they can stream whenever they want, at least for tournament prep and the actual event.

Despite all the difficulties, this is a dream come true for her and she's very grateful for all the hard work that's gone into allowing her to play in the tournament."

Selen's Apex stream:

Axel truly is EN's Winning Son.

i'm trying to follow this.
I know she was like top 500 player in apex before vtubering why was she banned and what is Vsaikyo?

Mind explaining?

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Vesper might have struck first with the mommy fox, but Axel striking his claim with the purple haha dragon is more impressive. Godspeed you crazy winning Aussie bastard.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
I know she was like top 500 player in apex before vtubering why was she banned and what is Vsaikyo?

Mind explaining?
VSaikyo is a custom Apex tournament in Japan. They run their tournaments by picking relatively famous JP e-celebs to be team captains that will then pick their team members off an approved list(most of them are vtubers). Now since not all vtubers are ultimate gamers that chug red bull and piss in a jar they assign a point system based on their achieved rank in apex. Any team cannot recruit past a certain point total(and in Selen's case banned until recently) since you can't have Pred rank players stomping all over a team of bronzes. I'm not privy to the rules since I don't read moonrunes but I guess VSaikyo's staff deemed a player that has achieved pred rank at ANY point in their career illegal to recruit.(which they apparently changed for Selen through negotiation)

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

lvl8

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Mind explaining?
VSaikyou is a VTuber Apex tournament organized by ShibuyaHAL. They use a point system to gauge skill level of teammates. They have to have at least 17 points and cannot go over 21 total team points. The point system goes from 3-8 based on Apex ranking. Then anyone Master and above are chosen per-basis. For example, they put Selen as 10 points. Axel is 8 points based on his Apex ranking, so he has to find someone worth 3 points to get on the team.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

PekoWick

VSaikyo is a custom Apex tournament in Japan. They run their tournaments by picking relatively famous JP e-celebs to be team captains that will then pick their team members off an approved list(most of them are vtubers). Now since not all vtubers are ultimate gamers that chug red bull and piss in a jar they assign a point system based on their achieved rank in apex. Any team cannot recruit past a certain point total(and in Selen's case banned until recently) since you can't have Pred rank players stomping all over a team of bronzes. I'm not privy to the rules since I don't read moonrunes but I guess VSaikyo's staff deemed a player that has achieved pred rank at ANY point in their career illegal to recruit.(which they apparently changed for Selen through negotiation)
Vsaikyou is a vtuber only tournament no?

USS IOWA

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

niggaphil

VSaikyou is a VTuber Apex tournament organized by ShibuyaHAL. They use a point system to gauge skill level of teammates. They have to have at least 17 points and cannot go over 21 total team points. The point system goes from 3-8 based on Apex ranking. Then anyone Master and above are chosen per-basis. For example, they put Selen as 10 points. Axel is 8 points based on his Apex ranking, so he has to find someone worth 3 points to get on the team.

Axel would need to find someone with 3 points, which gonna be difficult. The only candidate that I can think of is either Vesper or Kronii in Hololive side. No idea about the Niji side.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Axel's Thumbnail got 'fixed' by mane-san. :kaelalaugh:
FrOfBXtakAEodk2.jpg
1678852200743.jpeg
1678852684371.jpeg

1678852433826.png

1678852723209.png

Last edited:

Ensok

Early Adopter
Status