"Sasaki-senpai is like an air purifier, like a cleaning room robot mascot"Hayama Marin

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
She said there's also a recording of her singing Pomf Pomf "out there", but I don't have the research skills of a homelander.
Don't finds it but here's where her thing today was from. This adds context that it was Danganronpa character's voice.... but it is indeed recording from 9 years ago.
Don't make me tap the "Lia is almost certainly lying about her age" sign. I believe she was groomed into doing perverted crap online while underage but I doubt she was really that young.
She seems to be 22-23 so 13-14, unsupervised internet moment :shiinastare:
Edit:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I am kinda worried about the growing amount of outside actors talking about vtubers just to discuss stupid drama shit after the Hogfarts thing, maybe a bit panicky.
These fuckers have the potential to really do some fucking damage to the community over time, specially with the help of larger indies and Vshojo who will most definitely side with them, even then the JP agencies could distance themselves. Only thing is that nips are pretty dumb and may indeed cater their EN branches toward this new """audience""" which would be a total deathblow.

It's got me nervous and I wish people (PIPPA) would stop prodding these fuckers and let them get bored and move on, this is the first time where i seriously wish vtubing got super boring for a while just to keep it from becoming a battlefield for rando retards who don't even know how it works.

Call me a pussy all of you fucking want and say you will "take a stand" and some other idealistic shit. You may reeee at them and make fun of them in our little basement forum where nobody can hear you or care. Even if the community at large rises up against invaders, this is the fucking internet, people will forget in a week and these fucks will only be emboldened and keep on trying to destroy everything. They have done it before and I can see the beginnings of the cycle here now and i fear for the worst.
You're a pussy. This culture war only ends when one side is completely decimated at this point and I'm not letting them conquer any more of our territory.
View attachment 16607
View attachment 16608

She said she was 9 but close enough
I heard "9 years ago" not "9 years old."
e: i'm watching Rie.
die

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Rin talks about vtubers, their irl ages and makes multiple valid points.

However she failed to account for the most important thing:
:holohag::hololove:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
You're a pussy. This culture war only ends when one side is completely decimated at this point and I'm not letting them conquer any more of our territory.

I heard "9 years ago" not "9 years old."

die
I just donated 100,000,000,000 nigerian pesos to Rie for that one.
Your insolence will not be tolerated.

Next time i will use my thai sweatshop botfarms to bring her to 1M subs.

RiverBear

About 90% of what people mean by "Vshojo bad" is really just some combination of anti-ing Nyanners, Veibae, and more recently Froot which they then smear the rest of the org members by association with.
Nyanners came with a built in anti contingent since she has a long history of internet celebrity, on 4chan in particular. She made her name in anime circles back in the early 2010s when it was one of the only places around you could get e-famous and a lot of the reasons why was she was a girl who made loli content. Most famously a song "Pomf Pomf" which is pretty much the loli anthem. Depending on who you believe she either thought it was all a big joke only to be shocked at the actual groomers it attracted, or was just in it for the cash and clout, but the result is she dropped her former fanbase hardcore and disavowed the whole thing - 4chan included - which burned a lot of people and cemented hard feelings ever since.
Froot is also from 4chan but on a smaller scale than Nyanners and /k/ (weapons/military larp) focused. Her controversy comes from allegations that she cheated on her military husband while he was deployed, serious business for the fanbase she cultivated at that time. She's generally behaved like and considered to be a backstabbing, sanctimonious narcissist behind the scenes which pisses people off, such in the Hogwarts Legacy twitter meltdowns where she basically approved of the harassment Silvervale (her corpmate) received.
Veibae is pretty much just the exact opposite of the Idol-style culture that made Vtubing a big thing and it rubs people the wrong way. She also managed a frankly impressive streak of insulting basically every established group in the scene early in her career which naturally pissed fans off.

The rest of the talents are generally considered below notice (Melody, Silvervale) or mildly approved of in isolation (Ironmouse, Haruka). Zentreya is interesting in that they're basically the only talent vtuber fans still make the "man using a voice changer" joke on since they exclusively use a TTS device to stream, so you'll see references to them being trans but there's no actual evidence either way. Hime Whojime is funny because she's a streamer who still gets advertised by the corp despite having done like two streams total in the past year and a half, general assumption is there's some sort of Trash Taste connection the corp doesn't want to get rid of. Or not. Your guess is as good as anyone's.
VshojoJP ruffled some feathers because they're both famous former Hololive talents. Nazuna was Rushia (responsible for one of the biggest yabs and infamous graduations in vtuber history) who is generally considered to be mentally ill but a pretty good streamer when she's not having a manic episode, but while she does have subtitles she streams exclusively in Japanese so you won't hear much about her unless it's drama. Kson was formerly Coco, also one of the most infamous graduations in vtuber history, but unlike Rushia she's looked back on very fondly. A lot of people are disappointed she's not as "good" or high-effort as she was previously and that she's too coombait these days, but generally the only people who seriously hate her are chinese bugmen and weirdos like Henri.

Vshojo the corporation also catches some hate for specific incidents. Most notable is the Nux/Phishing drama, where Nux Taku (at the time very close friends with most Vshojo talents) did an expose video on the corp where he claimed there was a group of scammers going around posing as official vshojo staff recruiting indies as cover to steal their money/ID, that Nux had informed Vshojo of this, and that they were doing nothing about it which represented a danger to the community he was morally obligated to inform everyone of. At the time of the release Nux claimed to have discussed his video with various talents and staff and got a green light to release it, but after he did and it blew up Vshojo released statements claiming the opposite and disavowed him claiming that he'd fucked up an investigation they were running into the identities of the phishers.
The other major thing that comes to mind would be the never ending Vshojo auditions, where they spent months and months advertising their recruitment of new talents from the indie scene that never actually went anywhere. When they finally did wrap things up it was to redebut Haruka Karibu as a new member, one of the biggest orbiters of the corp and someone who was already in pretty deep with the talents friend group. It had the air of a sham that left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths and seemed confused and mismanaged as hell.
There are some other yabs but they're honestly kinda whatever and have the air of people who already don't like Vshojo looking for excuses not to like them further. Their dominance in certain award shows (biggest vtuber corp on twitch run by former founding twitch staff gets a lot of representation at twitch-based award shows, /vt/ in shambles). I've covered the major stuff that comes to mind first.
OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT: Vshojo's company tagline they use to advertise themselves with is "Talent Freedom". As in, the talents don't have traditional management and are free to do and stream whatever they want. Cue shitposting about whatever controversy or un-seiso behaviour a talent has gotten up to having "Talent Freedom"! spammed over it.
I ain't reading all of that

kestraline

Early Adopter
1678842141280.png

Bird Prisoner face reveal!

ViolentNugget

Confirmed Unicorn
A little late to the party

Your oshi is no more the pregnancy is to the point where she cant stream on the daily

Given how he's pro-life, doesn't that mean he also loves kids

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
I know Vshojo bad and pink cat extra bad... But can anybody spoon-feed me why exactly? Not trying to stir the pot or anything, genuinely interested in the history. It's a time of the internet I kind of stept away from it all.
I personally dont have a problem with Vshojo or anybody in there and also i dont give a fuck about most of them but my problem is with most of their fans and nobody is safe always saying shit like:"we are not like the others" "you can do whatever you want here" "we are better than (insert othere corpo here)"and etc. Having more freedom doesnt make you better

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
The twitter attention Rune Bunnura although likely taxing mentally, seems to have been at least good for her. Look she got noticed by Yuri! Collab confirmed!

She's literally one follower off of 5k on twitter. Go follow her RIGHT NOW.
You can't make me make a twitter account.

Last edited:

this shit

fuck it

The only thing i can think about when someone post one of these Rin shorts is that if she filmed this using a normal camera the only thing stopping me from punching her face through the screen is the fact that I haven't finished paying for it.
I fucking hate this twitter/tiktok speech

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

hand cam off collab with Dezel

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
The twitter attention Rune Bunnura although likely taxing mentally, seems to have been at least good for her. Look she got noticed by Yuri! Collab confirmed!

She's literally one follower off of 5k on twitter. Go follow her RIGHT NOW.

USS IOWA

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Honestly, I'm really liking these 'behind the scenes' shorts Rin has been putting out. The editing is super snappy and it's just good content.
Most notable is the Nux/Phishing drama, where Nux Taku (at the time very close friends with most Vshojo talents) did an expose video on the corp where he claimed there was a group of scammers going around posing as official vshojo staff recruiting indies as cover to steal their money/ID, that Nux had informed Vshojo of this, and that they were doing nothing about it which represented a danger to the community he was morally obligated to inform everyone of. At the time of the release Nux claimed to have discussed his video with various talents and staff and got a green light to release it, but after he did and it blew up Vshojo released statements claiming the opposite and disavowed him claiming that he'd fucked up an investigation they were running into the identities of the phishers.
I've mentioned before, but I work in the IT sector. This particular point is so completely unforgivable it's insane. Nux was 100% in the right. It's wholly unacceptable for a company not to put out a press release of some kind the second they even SUSPECT someone is impersonating them. From everything Nux and Gunrun shared, it was an outside IT contractor that vShojo was employing, and he was singlehandedly playing cowboy cop on this. vShojo blew it, and the speed at which the talent turned on Nux for petty goddamn reasons was mind boggling. Nux hasn't fully recovered from this either, as he recently mentioned it on a video he put out about Kwite. He described the event briefly as "I was backstabbed by a bunch of people I had considered my friends".
View attachment 16613
Kirsche's having more imposter syndrome as of late.
When she gets Pippa's numbers, she'll be catatonic.
I thought I remembered her viewer counts when she first collabed with Pippa were way smaller. Went to SullyGnome and yea, I wasn't wrong.
Here's her last year of views.
KirscheViewers.PNG
Since that second collab, she's been on a pretty damn steady incline ever since. And it's not like she got a major bump from the Pippa collab and has been riding that wave. I think she just got the word of mouth growth going on. She should be proud of her recent performance.
For posterity, here's her lifetime viewers chart.
KirscheLifetimeViewers.PNG

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
A little late to the party

Your oshi is no more the pregnancy is to the point where she cant stream on the daily

Did Vesper make his way over to Idol Corp?

Don't worry Sithis, i'm sure he made her very happy and treated her right.
Vespers gonna need more than that boar spear to defend himself against the sheer menhera Katta possesses, I wish him luck in the IDF though that'll be kinda based to watch unfold

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

NINATORI!

Speaking of unity, found this on Reddit:
"Selen's streaming Apex Legends. She's started by talking about how she got into VSaikyo. Apparently the organizers had originally banned her because she ranked up to Predator prior to being in Nijisanji. After Axel spent a bunch of time negotiating for her - and after reviewing all her past and present accounts - they allowed her to be in rated at 10 points. They're still trying to confirm their 3rd member and a coach.

Also, she said that every individual collab has to be approved by management up to this point. That's why she didn't stream her perspective for the recent custom match. They're trying to get it worked out so they can stream whenever they want, at least for tournament prep and the actual event.

Despite all the difficulties, this is a dream come true for her and she's very grateful for all the hard work that's gone into allowing her to play in the tournament."

Selen's Apex stream:

Axel truly is EN's Winning Son.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Aaaaaaw Rie covered my favorite Gitta cover :smugpipi: Edit: Joke still works

Good work Hime!
"When she lies I'll cover it up...." singing my heart Rie :pippasadl:
My nigga that's not Rie singing, that's the original song. It's just a Rie MV for the song.
But... that's....dum....

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Emotionnal speech.
Bro wtf im off my meds dont make me fucking cry

Speaking of axel unarchived karaoke in 90

Edit : just saw the thumbnail. Ayo yall might wanna make sure axel doesnt come close to your sad girl company hes gonna ruin them

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Aaaaaaw Rie covered my favorite Gitta cover :smugpipi:

Good work Hime!
"When she lies I'll cover it up...." singing my heart Rie :pippasadl:

My nigga that's not Rie singing, that's the original song. It's just a Rie MV for the song.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
In 15 mins: Skye with an an old vertical shooter from 96. I swear I've played this game, but I can't remember where or when. Everything about the level designs and bosses feel so familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom