"Fiction books should really clarify that they're fiction so people with autism don't think it's possible and achievable. Like god damnit, I tried to concentrate so hard so I could have telekinesis like Matilda"Punkalopi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Shiina is back after what was certainly the longest day of the week with no Shiina (not counting twitter Shiina or discord Shiina). (@Lee Crabb Ninja'd me good job now I can take my time gossiping.
It's a Shiina gives up way TMI about her past episode :shiinastare: Memaw..... be careful Memaw....

Y'know I was wondering about this, we knew she gave that slip some time ago but one has to wonder if something happened with how parasocial she's been with her butter cookies, specially if you read any of her letters or how she's changed her schedule around for her fans and even considers not drinking to not let that disrupt streams. It's seemed genuine so it raises the question.
It's drives the retarded gossip bitch (♂) inside of me crazy but I know it's none of my Godamn business.
I call it the Wontons VRS Dusty Womb conundrum: If we take Shirara at her word on a having BF then we have take Shiina at her word on being a dusty womb'd too, and then it's sad because it kind of implies a breakup or something :pippasadl: . But then we don't really know what exactly she means and relation ships can be complicated so.... we just don't know. Also, she's perfectly free to exaggerate or omit anything about her personal life and paint her persona as she wants, so if she has a BF and wants to be perceived as a dusty womb'd femcel for some reason.... it's fine and it's still none of our business. But I do thinks what she says about herself and her interactions would seem out of place for somebody in a relationship.
shiinathefemilhmm.PNG

Wontons yab seemed to be around aug 13th 2021 so doesn't Autistically add up, but close enough in general.

No matter what, Shiina's effort and commitment to her fans has been immense and genuine and that's what matters!
I just want Shiina to be Happy :faunacry:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
If someone pointed a gun at your head and told you to choose "which one of these three games would you like to never be streamed again" and your 3 choices are pokemon, splatoon and monster hunter, what would be your choice.
I'd pick monster hunter, but splatoon is frightfully close.
Monster Hunter, it requires the most skill out of the three and as such is the worst for the average chuuba, keeping them entirely focused on the game and not entertaining. Also monster hunter is very boring to watch ESPECIALLY if played by an unskilled player. (99% of chuubas)

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
More Ina being a NEET.
ina_neet.PNG

Edit:
On the other hand wowie! How was she in DevOps and leaking OpSec so much, at this point I feel it's on purpose
Devops is mostly automating testing and deploying software. No reason to expect someone with that background to be any more security conscious than an average software developer.

Last edited:

ShiiHag Love

Hag Love now and forever
It's drives the retarded gossip bitch (♂) inside of me crazy but I know it's none of my Godamn business.
Basically me, I blame my lineage/culture but curiosity is hard to kill. I think for myself its also caring a lot about genuineness which is a rare commodity in the Vtuber landscape because of the required OpSec and kayfabe, but then you have someone like Shiina who through her interactions seems to express being genuine and you just appreciate it.
On the other hand wowie! How was she in DevOps and leaking OpSec so much, at this point I feel it's on purpose :chaos:

EDIT:
No matter what, Shiina's effort and commitment to her fans has been immense and genuine and that's what matters!
I just want Shiina to be Happy :faunacry:
And honestly that's all that matters, I agree wholeheartedly, I'm just talkative about this stuff by nature and it's a damn miracle I don't participate more often in the thread.

Last edited:

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

Timestap to when Pekora reads this superchat :pekol:
image_2023-03-01_013052411.png

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
If someone pointed a gun at your head and told you to choose "which one of these three games would you like to never be streamed again" and your 3 choices are pokemon, splatoon and monster hunter, what would be your choice.
I'd pick monster hunter, but splatoon is frightfully close.
Monster Hunter. The game has a skill floor above the center of the Earth, and requires you to slightly use your brain to do the cool shit, which means it's a no go for 99% of women. Bat(AtVideoGames) Moriko was, ironically, actually pretty good at MH4U, and she was the only chuuba whose MH streams didn't make me want to commit die.

Japanese action games of any kind are like streamer poison, because you'll never see them do the sick ass shit you want to see, or you even did on your first playthrough by being a thinking human. I don't think any chuuba who did MGR Revengeance even got to see Sundowner's second phase.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
With the sheer amount of joy Rin gets from Splatoon, she gets a pass. Nintendo, sponsor her.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Timestap to when Pekora reads this superchat :pekol:
View attachment 14990

"Godu lovus as ando hasu oru...? oooonooodo... JESAS! christo pray for awah shin azu free gifto on za crrross. Just prray to god ando receive disu... frreeeeeee! gifto ando oru you're zin wiru be... forgibu! Habu a nice aday miss fanny banny."
Quote pls

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I had a thought while commenting on the above quote from Hff201. I wonder if the strategy for the donothons is twofold. Obviously the money from their viewers is great. But what if the goal is more the Advertisement buy while the talent is actually streaming? We might have it reversed in our brains.

I think it's one thing to run an ad for a streamer. But most likely they won't be live if it's just a general ad buy. What if they're more interested in running the snappy meme ads while the talent is guaranteed to be live, have a large audience from an event the already established community will be rallying around, and then have major special funny events planned to hook a new viewer much easier than a normal stream would. What's going to get more long term new viewers? An ad buy while Airi is streaming viewer Tetris? Or while Juna is attempting to eat 100 pieces of sushi, eating a meme hot nut challenge mix, and literally trying to crush a watermelon with her thighs? Their donothon might literally just be a cover to fund adbuys while the talent is guarenteed to be fun and engaging to supercharge their growth even further and faster.

I mean, look at them. Idol Gen 2 is beating the pants off of Phase Gen 2 in numbers, and they've been out less than half the same amount of time.
If that was the case then my question is when the hell do they plan on recuperating costs? It's one thing to invest in the future of your company but another to piss money. It certainly could work out but it's uncharted territory for the vtubing industry to try and go this hard into investing into the future. Keeping in mind that the audience they cultivate is going to have to recuperate the costs leaves me to wonder (and this is my math brain acting up) for every dollar they spend and new fan they gain, how much money will that new fan have to give in order to recuperate the costs (among the ones willing to donate)? How long will it take for them over the months to willingly shill enough money per fan assuming they even stick around long enough for that. And the most important question of all is how in the hole is Idol right now or is Aviel just omega rich?
This is a classic math problem. A-chan explicitly states the scenario makes her think of said classical mathematical scenario and adapts it loosely to the situation creating the Physics issue you are trying to needlessly hammer into it like a child hammering a square peg in a circular hole. I took plenty of Physics courses myself, please! My response was autistic, yours is excessively trying to broaden the scope of the problem needlessly.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Sena is fending off crackas in the woods

Also American Horse Warrior discussing tradwives

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
If that was the case then my question is when the hell do they plan on recuperating costs? It's one thing to invest in the future of your company but another to piss money. It certainly could work out but it's uncharted territory for the vtubing industry to try and go this hard into investing into the future. Keeping in mind that the audience they cultivate is going to have to recuperate the costs leaves me to wonder (and this is my math brain acting up) for every dollar they spend and new fan they gain, how much money will that new fan have to give in order to recuperate the costs? How long will it take for them over the months to willingly shill enough money per fan assuming they even stick around long enough for that. And the most important question of all is how in the hole is Idol right now or is Aviel just omega rich?
Well, I can tell you one way. Think what has always been the big push? That memberships don't count, and money through StreamElements counts more towards the top donor spots. They push "Use StreamElements, not superchat" HARD. So right off the bat, they're getting a much bigger cut of the donations people are making.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
These EIEN gals have been fun. I like the funny fish.

Untitled.png

Even though every time she opens her mouth, it reminds me of Artemis...

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
FqGLpPgXsAAzPRf.png
Mouses new model has some, uh, interesting expressions :pikaWUT:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Tomoe's been harping on this particular part about being a tradwife, wonder what's so relevant about it :confusedshuba:
A9114EF1-5832-4788-A3C2-3BD0429B2A50.jpeg

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Ollie's PC crashed just now while doing RadiOllie
Screenshot - 2023-02-28T202114.808.png
She had to make a new room

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.