"'Aren't you an idol?' No, I'm a comedian"Takane Lui

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
..Will she even make it 5 minutes without becoming confused or having her brain scrambled by Bri'ish accents?

I'd like to think she'll eventually just bring Bae in, thinking she sounds similar enough.
She's already watched The Holy Grail, so she's heard the accents before.
I'm just dreading the most likely extremely shallow understanding of Christianity of a sheltered Hawaiian/Japanese girl; missing a bunch of jokes/references, and coming away thinking "Oh, so that's what Christianity is."

Will still watch and have fun though, I'll get her converted later.
P.S. SHRINE VISITS WITH THE LITTLE 'LUCK' PAPERS DO NOTHING IT IS ALL A SCAM. (I guess it's cool architecture and scenery though)

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
She's already watched The Holy Grail, so she's heard the accents before.
I'm just dreading the most likely extremely shallow understanding of Christianity of a sheltered Hawaiian/Japanese girl; missing a bunch of jokes/references, and coming away thinking "Oh, so that's what Christianity is."

Will still watch and have fun though, I'll get her converted later.
P.S. SHRINE VISITS WITH THE LITTLE 'LUCK' PAPERS DO NOTHING IT IS ALL A SCAM. (I guess it's cool architecture and scenery though)

Future quote:

"Oh, I didn't know Jesus had a brother named Brian. Did you, chat?" - IRyS

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Spicy Cat is reading the article I sent her.
Forgive me, chat.
LjT41ws8_400x400.png

Last edited:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

this shit

fuck it
Do we know anything about Ame's 3D showcase? Do I need to be hyped or it's going to be standard holo-y and less Ame-y?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Do we know anything about Ame's 3D showcase? Do I need to be hyped or it's going to be standard holo-y and less Ame-y?
Ame probably had some input over what she wanted in it but it's gonna be in the actual studio so i don't imagine there will be any super insane stuff happening

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
~8 hours of Yuko streaming
One Squirt Kurt not seen all stream

I guess her boyfriend had to work today :smugpipi:

kestraline

Early Adopter
Caramel Idol is streaming.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Serious question, how do vtubers and holomems especially seem to manage to find posts like this? Are they following these people or just scrolling through every post with their name in it? Tagged posts are one thing but I frequently see them commenting on posts that just have a name, and Kiara is a fairly common name
Kiara finds stuff because she scrolls the KFP hashtag for several hours a day and goes on random peoples profiles to see what else they post without the hashtag
She doesnt actually follow a lot of KFP fans, unless you are a clipper or artist she hired for something, she doesnt tend to follow people from the community, but that doesnt matter because she is everywhere anyways and doesnt need to follow people. The few artists she has worked with and she does follow are themselves very active on twitter so anything they like might show up in her feed. She also said that since twitter sees her account is interested in KFP stuff it recommends her more untagged KFP posts, so its just the algorithm at work pushing untagged but still relevant tweets into her timeline.
As and just today she randomly hung out in a JP KFP twitter space

so yeah, if you interact in any way with KFP she will have her sights on you (thats why my twitter acc is 100% just art RTs I like and I just lurk)

Its probably going to be more like Inas than Kiaras. More interactions, more Guests (my bets are Mel and Roboco) and less singing. They have pretty much full control over how their room looks like, I expect a 3D version of the Sunfish
It wont feature Ame shooting cans of beans but but I do expect a more creative game segment and a performance of Chiku Taku at the very end of it

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Y'know I was wondering about this, we knew she gave that slip some time ago but one has to wonder if something happened with how parasocial she's been with her butter cookies, specially if you read any of her letters or how she's changed her schedule around for her fans and even considers not drinking to not let that disrupt streams. It's seemed genuine so it raises the question.
I was thinking about this too. If she's living with her sister sleeping in bunk beds, it casts some doubt on them being together still.

Speaking of Shiina...she's live with spooky game!

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
OOTS reference, literal dinosaur spotted.

This is awesome. now get the fuck away from her you damn scalie
Capture~2.PNG
You sick fucks
Screenshot from /pcg/, but Fishfag's allegedly running more ads at last.

View attachment 14909
Fishman, make proper snappy ads! Don't just play music videos!
They continue to try to prove that throwing endless amounts of money around will generate success. While it certainly translates to subs, how often are they gonna try to bleed their audience dry with donothons to try to recoup expenses? I'm still not completely sure how I feel about this business strategy.
I had a thought while commenting on the above quote from Hff201. I wonder if the strategy for the donothons is twofold. Obviously the money from their viewers is great. But what if the goal is more the Advertisement buy while the talent is actually streaming? We might have it reversed in our brains.

I think it's one thing to run an ad for a streamer. But most likely they won't be live if it's just a general ad buy. What if they're more interested in running the snappy meme ads while the talent is guaranteed to be live, have a large audience from an event the already established community will be rallying around, and then have major special funny events planned to hook a new viewer much easier than a normal stream would. What's going to get more long term new viewers? An ad buy while Airi is streaming viewer Tetris? Or while Juna is attempting to eat 100 pieces of sushi, eating a meme hot nut challenge mix, and literally trying to crush a watermelon with her thighs? Their donothon might literally just be a cover to fund adbuys while the talent is guarenteed to be fun and engaging to supercharge their growth even further and faster.

I mean, look at them. Idol Gen 2 is beating the pants off of Phase Gen 2 in numbers, and they've been out less than half the same amount of time.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I was looking for some wactor shit on vt's archive and found a summary (i don't how accurate it is, or if it has been shared here before, even then it would still warrant a repost given their recent shitfest)
The summary for anyone wondering about this company.
>Akira is the CEO of Wactor, aka Meido / Maid
>Wactor has a deep history of being a black company
>Multiple talents have left the company in bad terms
>Akira is half Chilean half Japanese, born in Japan, so he speak a little spanish, really broken spanish
>His chilhood friend is Miu, the oldest talent in the company and started the company with him
>His real mother (Chilean) is part of the management and the only manager beside Akira (lol)
>Lia the second oldest talent in the company and is the current girlfriend or sex toy of the CEO
>The modus operandi of the company is hire girls from third world countries, with really bad contracts and with stupid clauses like "if you don't stream 3 time a week you get a fine of 50,000 Yen" or "if you break contract and don't stream for two years you get a fine of 500,000 yen" all of this is bullshit and empty legislation threats

Now you may say that isn't too bad, but

>Akira retain the payment of the talents, and then threat them when they demand their payment
>One of the worst publicly know cases is Laila (now Eileennoir)
>She used to be one of the talents that earned the most money
>Akira didn't pay her for 3 months, Laila complained and then suspended her for 2 months for complaining
>Laila got pissed and started to complain in her roommate account (Eileenor)
>Akira decide to suspend her indefinitely because of that
>at the same time Rose and Hana other wactor talents at the time had problem with the company
>Rose had serious problems with being bullied by Lia
>all her complaint were ignored because Lia is Akira's gf
>Hana had money problem, because Akira retained her payments
>All three of them decide too quit the company
>Laila decide to get a lawyer
>Akira in response threat her with a lawsuit and Doxx her with her real name
>All 3 of them are indies now and doing much better
>fast forward to now
>Luna, Misora, and the new ES talent complain about the impartiality of Akira, expending all the money that they earn on talent that don't earn money like Lia and Miu, examples like solo 3D concerts for them and multiple 2D outfits and 3D models for them
>Things get really bad and they get shadow banned
>Fans start to complain, because they are the most popular vtubers in the agency
>Akira just said that they are either on break for health issues or in vacations
>Now everyone know he was lying and the company is getting flamed not only by the ES viewers but also by the JP viewers

At the moment there a few talents still on the company because they don't want to break their contracts and being black listed by any other company, like the case of the new ES girls or the only boy unit in the company.

We can only hope that they company shut down and they get free of any contract, because right now they are slaves to the company.

>TLDR
Akira is a scammer, her mom and Miu are on it for the money, Lia is a menhera and get more exposure and power in trade for sexual favors, the rest of the talents are being taken advantage

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

SZ 109

Didn't expect an actual response, and as much as I want to shitpost, I don’t want to actually mislead anyone.
I don’t believe I’ve said anything wrong in my own post, but I did intentionally leverage common physics misconceptions to mess with the question.
For that, I’ll risk taking the bait, and put aside the intentional nitpicking and missing the point for a while.
Link to original question

Retard Chama

Landing time is irrelevant as the question states the distance in which the phone drops from A-chan and the speed in which A-chan travels from the point of droppage. 12 m of separation, she moves at 2m/s so it takes 6 seconds from the phone dropping to reach it. If were going by the problems stated timeline the phone is reached at t=9.
TL;DR Relativity
(Likely intended phrasing that also makes your answer correct: B-san drops his smartphone, with it hitting the ground at t=3s)
A-chan and B-san are walking in the same direction at a constant speed of 1.5m/s and are 12m apart. At t=3s, B-san drops his smartphone.
How much time it takes for A-chan to reach B-san's phone? [From the time of the drop]
[No additional velocity is imparted from the drop.]
[All velocities with reference to the ground, air resistance ignored.]
Between the act of dropping the phone, and before the phone hitting the ground, the phone follows B-san's velocity of 1.5m/s.
For that period A-chan only closes in on the phone at a rate of only 0.5m/s = (2m/s - 1.5m/s). (Instead of the assumed 2m/s throughout)
Only after the phone hits the ground, does its velocity get to 0m/s [bouncing, rolling, friction etc. ignored], allowing A-chan to close in on it at the full 2m/s.
Therefore, the longer the drop, the more time it's going to take to reach the phone.

To be clear, if they were to both keep moving at the same speed without speeding up, A-chan would never actually even start to close in on the phone, until the phone hits the ground.
(See: Relativity, any “throwing balls on a car” or “dropping things in a train” experiment.)

(A mythically tall man could, if she speeds up after the phone was released, drop the phone right into her hands, or even behind her, and given the question uses "speed" instead of velocity, that's even more ways to mess with the wording, but I considered that too far even for a shitpost.)

The question has a typo it obviously means to say 2.3m/s. Also it doesn't require us to know how long she speeds up for 2.3m/s as it goes until she catches up with him so let's break it down for your retard brain. She reaches the phone at t=9. She takes 2 seconds to pick it up so t=11. Then it takes her 3 and (21/23) seconds to catch up to the stranger so t=14(21/23). The 5 seconds it takes to get his attention are irrelevant to the problem.
TL;DR Acceleration
(Likely intended phrasing that also makes your answer correct: then instantly accelerated to 2.3m/s)
then speeds up again [from standstill] to 2.3[m]/s [at some point in time] to catchup to B-san
The speed throughout matters, not just attaining it at some unspecified point in time.
(See: 0-60 times for cars, drag races etc.)
Her accelerating linearly (or otherwise) up to the point of catching up, with the speed of 2.3m/s at said point (or even any point in-between) still fulfills the question as written while giving different results, albeit being harder to calculate.

(I was going to make the bit about how any instant changes in speed requires infinite acceleration, which isn't possible, and how even if theoretically achieved, could be deadly. But given the possible thought of having to consider how elasticity might be a mitigating factor against the (albeit impossible) scenario, I decided to go for the lower hanging fruit instead.)

IT IS STATED femboy LEARN TO READ! She takes 2 seconds to pick up the phone, implying she is not moving that is the point of mentioning the time in which she picks it up is that it interrupts her movement! They wouldn't mention it otherwise.
TL;DR I was being a dick
(Likely intended phrasing that also makes your answer correct: spends 2s to stop, and picks up the phone before (…))

(I actually can’t find her coming to a stop being explicitly stated anywhere.)
Other than (me) sidestepping the obvious implication, the second frame has her bent down picking up the phone with the “<- 2m/s” being shown at the same time, which I used to construe her still walking, even while bending down to pick up the phone.

I also tried not to pick on the ESL stuff that didn't really affect the question, only omissions of information or phrasing that allowed for other interpretations. (Except once, at "1c) base[d]", hinting at the question being ESL, but I didn't make the point about it either.)

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Our Royal Tomboy is currently playing the squid game:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
If someone pointed a gun at your head and told you to choose "which one of these three games would you like to never be streamed again" and your 3 choices are pokemon, splatoon and monster hunter, what would be your choice.
I'd pick monster hunter, but splatoon is frightfully close.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Nyaru's handcam streams sure are something.
1677628983163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom