"So like, what are taxes yo."Axel Syrios

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Are we going to do a megathread for 4th Holofest? IIRC, 3rd yielded like 130~ pages over 3 days back on the Homeland.

RiverBear

Are we going to do a megathread for 4th Holofest? IIRC, 3rd yielded like 130~ pages over 3 days back on the Homeland.
No need. People will mostly be posting about Pippa anyways
Lounge singing pyro

She just payed for her new model and rigging
Eta April

Also a new desk she is VERY giddy about

Edit: dummy Zo didn't realize Tuesday was v-day until she walked into a packed restaurant for a family gathering and wondered why there was flowers everywhere she even tried to reserve another restaurant and "wondered why they were booked in a Tuesday"

I also saw this the other day according to her she used to feel "left out" so there is that rrat starter

View attachment 13675

I was looking her her previous videos and it seems like she already had a fanbase from a previous life. I'm kinda curious who she was/is.

Netscaper

Early Adopter

Tbf, LET HIM COOK

Ok, I retract the comments I made against Joey.
The problem is, just like with Connor's take, he worded what he meant pretty poorly. Which when put on the spot, can happen, but you can always elaborate or clarify your point (which he does on the second part of the video TBF). But come on man, you talk for a living!
It just shows how much having a script affects some people.

So I agree that the first thing attracting viewers is the model, because after all, that is the first deciding factor. The second is voice and the latter and more important ones (personality, activities and opinions) are what will make or break if you stick around.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
I was looking her her previous videos and it seems like she already had a fanbase from a previous life. I'm kinda curious who she was/is.
It's Oceane Otoishi the recently fired Kawaii Pro mermaid

CyYu addresses the sex pest genshin VA situation

Last edited:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
This would be very funny but the anon really needed to, you know, not post it while Anya was mid collab with Botan and Towa for more believability. I’m pretty sure Anya has the strongest opsec there is for a major corpo vtuber so imagining her shitposting on 4chan (let’s be honest, more likely 2ch/5ch) is hilarious.
Also, Indonesian or Japanese twitter UI for added believability.

English is still possible for her, but seeing as she's out-nihongoing the actual nihongos...

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
It's a headache but it's more fun though seeing the number of pages go up.

RiverBear

It's Oceane Otoishi the recently fired Kawaii Pro mermaid

CyYu addresses the sex pest genshin VA situation

Oh, cool, might have missed the news of her getting a new model.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Oh, cool, might have missed the news of her getting a new model.
She is currently using a public domain half body model she just paid for her actual one and expects it rigged by April

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
take a look at one of the comments on that video, the look attracts people but the personality that'll keep people watching.

You can have the most beautiful eye catching model in the whole vtuber industry but if your personality is as similar as a wooden wall, watching them would be like watching paint dry.

Take a look at CodeMiko, good 3D model probably the best for an indie but not that interesting for me.

There's other opinions already posted here, so look it up.

It's pretty much a case made and proven by that one desperate bitch that rebranded from some loli model to a near-naked coomerbait one with the express purpose of chasing trends. Would I take a look because the new model? Yes I god damn would because I love cartoon tiddies. Would I actually though? Not a chance, the fact that she's admitted to making the switch in order to gain more visibility already tells me that she's not interesting or engaging enough to draw an audience based on her talent as a streamer and her belief is that appearance is all that is important.

Chumbuds notwithstanding, Gura wouldn't be one of the biggest vtubers if she wasn't funny. I don't actively watch her much but that Oozora Police skit clip recently was a good reminder of how good an entertainer she is.

Am I the only idiot who pictures these girls as a person sitting on her PC with a microphone? Most likely unwashed or unshowered, her desk ladden with energy drinks, half-eaten burgers, food wrappers etc. To me the anime cartoon thing is just the presentation label.

More real than you may know.

Gura beeing to tired to participate, Ina lying on the floor and Ame beeing her usual wallflower in big collabs has nothing to do with not letting them in. I mean audio was bad but i dont think anything but a personal mic clipped to Gura could have helped and even then she was too tired it seems.

And Mori did just got a mic to clip to them all.

May just be personal bias and/or a narrow view scope of streaming but I feel like a lot of people sleep on how good lavalier mics are. There's a reason they're used in live television, and the mics themselves don't tend to be that expensive. They're a godsend if you're doing something active in a large space but you still need a consistent audio quality for your voice you won't get from a static placed/boom mic. Cost you a bit more for the transmitters so you can pair your mic to a computer for broadcast/recording but it'd be worth it if you need it. Also reduces clutter in a workspace if you're doing some shit like handcam streams so you don't need to try to finagle multiple devices in a small space or drag your whole-ass computer into the room.

this shit

fuck it
May just be personal bias and/or a narrow view scope of streaming but I feel like a lot of people sleep on how good lavalier mics are. There's a reason they're used in live television, and the mics themselves don't tend to be that expensive. They're a godsend if you're doing something active in a large space but you still need a consistent audio quality for your voice you won't get from a static placed/boom mic. Cost you a bit more for the transmitters so you can pair your mic to a computer for broadcast/recording but it'd be worth it if you need it. Also reduces clutter in a workspace if you're doing some shit like handcam streams so you don't need to try to finagle multiple devices in a small space or drag your whole-ass computer into the room.
Sometimes the voice you become accustomed to hearing from a streamer is filtered either by the signature of the mic used or even more often by fine tuning made by the streamer. You can hear the difference when people do 3d streams with the headset on, Gura and Pomu sound pretty different. So switching mics with lesser quality ones ends up being distracting and derailing chat. So I don't thnk they would be good for stuff like handcam streams, but obviously for a big off collab lavs are a good enough solution.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

So a bunch of girls are leaving WACTOR at once

Also I still dont really know wtf is even going on, I kindly ask someone who speaks spanish to do some kind of re-cap because I feel like by not speaking it, I am missing a lot of information, just kinda heard that the CEO is showing favoritism to the girl that fucks him?

So in summary only Hina is leaving right now all the other post are for long graduated WACTOR members stating they left the company a long while ago and have been in legal dispute with the company since, seems they are all coming with this statements simultaneously as some form of solidarity or to call out the company, a while ago there was supposed leaks of the terms of the wactors girls contract and they were insane on top of the already know no compete clause that forced the girls to stop activities in any past life, there where yers long NDA after the end of the contract and multiple really vague clauses giving the company power to declare a breach of contract and sue you for the damages, about the favoritism thing, long has been rumored that one the girls Mitsurugi Lia is either wife/girlfriend/cocksleve of the CEO and she get favored treatment because of it, she did a livestream about the accusation recently where she didn't deny nor confirm any of it.

The height of the current drama started because the 2 biggest members (Hina and Luna) went on hiatus without much word from them and then their pl where found and people saw hints that the hiatus might not be voluntary, eventually the information spreaded to twitter and one of the girls (Luna) closed her pl account do to many tourist flooding in, there was apparently a lot of infighting between the fans about this whole situation due to people on twitter and some dramatubers/twitters also reporting on it got a lot of hate for it, some people want the girls that are left to leave but most people point out the current 4th gen has 2 year contract and are pretty much trap some people tried to target the hate toward the CEO but the Lia stream redirecting a lot of hate towards her and the whole drama about the girls pl being "doxxed" pretty much killed all the steam this had.

This is my limited understanding of the situation I know Spanish but the information is being pass around in so many different places that I cant really know the whole context, this is only what I could gather by reading the VT threads from a couple weeks ago, if someone if more up to date or know more of the whole picture feels free to share or correct me.

Last edited:

paul

Early Adopter
Youtube recommended me a compilation of Holo reactions to ending E of Nier Automata. I totally missed how salty Kiara was during the final twinstick shooter part.

Also I checked out the shorts of the upcoming EIEN vtubers and Kilia, the sea creature, has a very nice singing voice.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

So a bunch of girls are leaving WACTOR at once

Also I still dont really know wtf is even going on, I kindly ask someone who speaks spanish to do some kind of re-cap because I feel like by not speaking it, I am missing a lot of information, just kinda heard that the CEO is showing favoritism to the girl that fucks him?

This is my own translation, i am bilingual, but still take it with a grain of salt:

First tweet
"For all of my fans that support me to this day
I would like to take this opportunity to inform you about the character that i play 'Misora Hina'"

"Starting on february the 9th 2023 i have rescinded my contract of affiliation with Wactor, since our relationship of trust necessary for the correct realization of activities has been lost."

"I apologize for any worry that i may have caused you"

"From now on i will keep on working as Meica at my own pace to advance on my dreams and objectives. I would be very grateful if you decided to support me."

Seventh tweet
(This one is written in very strange 3rd party formal language which translates weird, i couldn't change it)

"Report about the rescinding of a contract with an old agency"
"Thank you for supporting Reyu Yumeiri"

"It pleases us to inform you that, from the 30th of april 2022, we have officially rescinded our contract with our old agency, Wactor"

"We have contacted Wactor repeatedly via our lawyers since around march of 2022, but that [sic], after consulting with our lawyers, we have formally rescinded the contract as of the 30th of april 2022. We would like to use this opportunity to declare."

"We sincerely apologize to our fans for the delay in informing you"

(Now it changes to first person, wtf?!)
"At the moment i have a contract with the production company Reaverse.
From now on, i will give priority to my physical condition and do everything in my power to work more like myself
Thank you for continued support"

15 of february, 2023
Yumeiru Reyu
(Previously in charge of the character Tsukito Hana)
This is pretty much it

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Out of the blue question, I know, but what's going on with La+ Darkness? Where did she disappear to? I looked on the channel and the last post was 2 months ago. Is she pregnant or something?

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Out of the blue question, I know, but what's going on with La+ Darkness? Where did she disappear to? I looked on the channel and the last post was 2 months ago. Is she pregnant or something?
Menhera hiatus.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
She caused a bunch of minor drama and made a lot of antis from it. Nyfco.org especially has a lot of them constantly shittalking them. It is possible Cover has her on a forced-break while they attempt to sue someone over comments about her.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Grampire reviewing his birthday art

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Is he wrong? I felt like people here would agree that a lot of people are focused on model instead of being entertaining

reminds me of a certain gay shark
On one hand, I can speak that I initially was only interested in Shartemis because his model was pretty good for an indie vtuber at the time (which was around a month after Myth's debut) However; After the debut voice reveal and seeing his personality be more bland than talking to a cardboard cutout I tapped out fast. Just because you have a trust fund or have some sort of day job that gave your enough cash to get a really good rig doesn't instantly make you entertaining enough for me to stick around.
One the other hand; You can discard most people with cheap vroid and cheap rigs they bought off Fiverr for being "waveriders". But then you miss out on the few genuinely good personalities that were using cheapo rigs to begin with. A few indies I watched for examples: Koopa Fortuna initially used a quick vroid rig. Rose aka Kitanya is a South African vtuber who started with a rig made of parts of free anime assets rigged in l2d. Pippa's roommate used Vroid and Fiverr rigs. Sena Bonbon is based off of an AI art stream that Pippa did and she's doing just fine despite that last I checked.
Really boils down to having an entertaining personality and using that and a moderately interesting starting rig to "climb the mountain". You can't just rely on a good model alone you need an actual personality to be a decent streamer. But you should also not stay at the bottom with a shitrig forever.
Cheapo model = waverider = ignore that shit.
Because there are people who genuinely think all people with bad models = bad and unentertaining streamers.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
On the other hand you can't dump everyone on a bin and just go "oh sure, you watch Kroney so you must be a mouthbreather and a coomer".

kestraline

Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom