"Nodoka... you've got no technique when it commes to tickling; The only way to learn is to tickle girls whenever you meet them!"A-chan

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Considering people in Hololive and Nijisanji have been promoting this to get nominations, if it's the same list as last year people are really going to get furious about it. Remember the uproar over the totally unrelated Streamy Awards (sponsored by YouTube) that had the same lineup plus Zentreya? It won't be accepted this time around.

You would think this time there'll be a "one nominated person per agency" rule this time to avoid this amount of bias like last time.
View attachment 13293
The way you phrased all this actually got me to crack up, thank you. That people will be FURIOUS if their vtuber doesn’t win and that it WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED like it’s some sort of grave injustice. Here’s how it will go:

1. A similar milquetoast list of nominees will be presented for this award show.

2. People will complain for three days.

3. Everyone will promptly forget about it until the next award show.

4. Repeat this cycle ad infinitum.

People don’t actually care about award shows, especially shitty Internet ones, otherwise they would have changed long ago. Award shows exist solely so industries can jack themselves off.

vestars20

Early Adopter
Already asked this on kiwifarms but figured I'd try here as well. Did anyone ever figure out why the magnet got the boot?
View attachment 13147
The top rrat that I remember is that she was underage when she signed the contract. You know she is Ebosi now, right? Curious why you ask now
Mikeneko deleted a tweet saying she wants to create an idolgroup. I NEED to see this happen, imagine having the menheramancer as your manager.:whatastory:
Just join La+'s group, Michael Cat. Other then that I think she could do something similar to Nori-pro and be part of a sub group of vshojo that focus on Idol's. If vshojo ever got new members that is.
It's hard to tell sometimes. I feel like outside of the kayfabe Matsuru and Hoshikawa are actually closer then they appear in character. Surprisingly enough.

I remember Matsuri inviting her on a cruise, with a ticket she purchased along with a fairly expensive looking gift. And Hoshikawa laughed (bordering on bullying) and declined to go. Shortly afterwards Matsuri's roommate posts a picture of the cruise and the gift, talking about how she's so happy to be going with her friend. And suddenly both of them don't end up streaming for the duration of said cruise.
With Matsuri, she's like that with lot's of people I think. Here's Wat talking about it

Wonder if her and Wat still hang out

Also, she made this video for Luna's birthday

I remember another clip where I think Lui talked about how supportive Luna was behind the scenes so I choose to think that Luna is still friends with her but off-stream. I was sad seeing festival so uncomfortable at the host club but in a twist it's best because she seems the type to spend for affection.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Is there a reason why the Vtuber Theory video on Pippa and Punkalopi is set to private?

I actually set my computer back in the shop to download that stream since I wanted to load it on my phone, but I left before it finished. I'm back home now but I might have to head out later anyway. If I do I'll swing by the shop and see if it completed successfully, and if it did I'll upload it somewhere if nobody beats me to it.

angry sushi

Early Adopter
It is pretty funny to see, for how ever-popular Gura is, basically nobody here talking about her. I guess most of you are all too Pippa/indie obsessed for Gura to be a constant subject of discussion unless it involves drama. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's still pretty funny.
Gura is corporate cute and entertaining. Everyone knows what they're going to get with her.

Pippa is dependent on what mood is chat going to push on her and how willing is she going to be accommodating all the shizo thoughts or she hops on her meds and fan girls over her oshii and keeps it together for a few hours. pippa posting is commentary on the wild shit she says which you never really get with Gura.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

I actually set my computer back in the shop to download that stream since I wanted to load it on my phone, but I left before it finished. I'm back home now but I might have to head out later anyway. If I do I'll swing by the shop and see if it completed successfully, and if it did I'll upload it somewhere if nobody beats me to it.

I don't really understand why it had to go down. At worst the copywrited music would just demonetize the video.

BEEG Booba Fishing

Battles so far:

Reine vs Kiara: Kiara ate shit. Kobo thought it was a showcase match and got sad because she wanted to fight Kiara.
Fauna vs Anya: both ate shit in a double KO, but because Anya's mon died first Fauna got the win.
Moona vs Ollie: Moona ate shit. Paradox pokemon might be a bit busted.

Now Calli and Kobo are battling. FUCKING Calli somehow entered the battle with no moves because of her held item :deztheroom:
Edit: Kobo ate shit. At some point someone set up up a sandstorm, so I'm gonna assume the spirit of Adam Sandler guided Calli through that win.

E2: (Reine vs Ollie) Reine advances to the finals LET'S GOOOOOOOOO. Ollie rolled a Self Destruct, it had to happen at some point lol.
(Fauna vs Calli) Calli eats shit, somehow Fauna won even after one of her mons Self Destructed too.

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Shiina just said she is a good shot irl, now I can't get the image out of my head of a tiny Chinese woman firing rounds at the range on some comically large rifle
:shubaIapprob:

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Battles so far:

Reine vs Kiara: Kiara ate shit. Kobo thought it was a showcase match and got sad because she wanted to fight Kiara.
Fauna vs Anya: both ate shit in a double KO, but because Anya's mon died first Fauna got the win.
Moona vs Ollie: Moona ate shit. Paradox pokemon might be a bit busted.

Now Calli and Kobo are battling. FUCKING Calli somehow entered the battle with no moves because of her held item :deztheroom:

Kobo sounds like a domestic abuse victim every time Calli hits her in-game :whatastory:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Shiina just said she is a good shot irl, now I can't get the image out of my head of a tiny Chinese woman firing rounds at the range on some comically large rifle
:shubaIapprob:
She's a shotgun liker, has a Benelli Supernova.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
10ma and Lemon woman deep diving into 2hu

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Sena vod unlisted but available on the community tab.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

BEEG Booba Fishing

jyerbtg.pnghgdt.png
And Fauna wins!! Reine's first mon exploded on a ghost pokemon, and later among other moves, Fauna rolled Spacial Rend. Somewhere Sana must be proud :sanasmile:

Last edited:

UberSoldat

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20230212-010531-955.png
Be the change you all want to see in the world

BEEG Booba Fishing

You're telling me that Calli, who went in with no moves equipped, bodied kobo?
They cancelled that match and let Calli unequip her item that was causing the issue. Past that goof, Calli's team was fairly competent (in the sense that it survived the RNG better than Kobo's). Moona and Ollie first match had to be redone too because they didn't pay attention to the rules and Moona went with a full team I think.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
You're telling me that Calli, who went in with no moves equipped, bodied kobo?
Dude.

Calli's a big proponent of the Luigi Strategy, such winning strategy where they do nothing.

I shit you not, she's won far more than she's lost.

See: Mario Party collabs, etc.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Spidor is having a V-day unarchived karaoke soon.

I will, of course, archive it although that thumbnail is a bit too much for me.

God this girl. She hits my parasocial senses so hard. Really glad that her fans have gifted her like 300 subs (the whole chat appears to be Green). After Tsunderia went to shit I would think that some of these girls might be a bit scared about their future (despite the company itself not really doing much).

Hi @Azehara! But seriously though this deep dive isn't that bad.
I knew that some of my clips were going to be used. Didn't want to have them take things out of context. Also given that they have spent about 3 days watching Pippa, I wanted to see if I needed to loredump.

She mentioned fainting a bit before her break iirc but most people thought it was due to stress and not a constant condition she has to deal with. Hopefully she takes care of herself especially with all the dance practice she has to do.
She had mentioned it before but isn't that basically narcolepsy?

View attachment 13290
I hope that somewhere out there Scuddle is enjoying Valentine's Day chocolate from his oshi.

Yeah that looks like the shit you see floating on a restroom in a mexican restaurant.

These award nominations are almost assuredly predetermined.
I don't give a shit about these type of award shows but the idea of somehow having Pippa show up there randomly (which is something most people would not even expect) is enough of a reason for me to nominate her.

I don't really understand why it had to go down. At worst the copywrited music would just demonetize the video.
Overall the streamer seems very "new" and extremely scared of youtube policies. They mentioned not wanting to show a clip (I didn't see the clip) because they didn't want to break TOS but if youtube is recommending the clip it means that the clip is not age restricted so it should be safe. They also freaked out a bit over the song played in the clip which at most will demonetize the video.

The stream itself felt a bit all over the place as if any notes they had or what they would say suddenly changed. I think the original angle on Pippa would be one a bit more harsh and negative because she appeals to the leaf website or so that seems to be the general consensus from people that hate her. Other than Pippa laughing at yab shit, she is fairly tame. Most of the "questionable" content or comments come from chat.

Streamer was fairly open-minded and even mentioned liking Nousagi's content and wanting to go for a similar angle. If they manage to get their shit together and gather up their thoughts properly it could be something interesting to watch in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom