"I feel like back in the day everyone on the Internet named themselves their name plus -chu. Maybe just in my corner of the Internet"Ceres Fauna

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukkia

Early Adopter
wait what, feesh got new outfit the fuck
The 50k outfit (and some other outfits here and there) are provided by the company, after that livers are free to commission more outfits as they see fit out of their own pocket. Which is why there are some JP members with a ton of outfits (Alice probably has like a dozen by now).

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Pretty good evidence for a spreadsheet and she has the autism to maintain it.
pippa note.png

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Yeah. Check out the thread. It's full of people posting their OCs/vtuber models
The thread is a character design minefield, beware all ye who enter there.
There's also quite a few pretty nice designs in there. And also some people who totally different person Yuni Luna is friends/has collabed with posted in there too.

kukkia

Early Adopter

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I think it's a mistake to call vtubing its own market. It might have been back when it was mostly JP-only, the tech was new, and the barrier to entry high. But now it's just streaming. How many talents out there do you know who live and die by their model? How many vtuber streamers do you know who absolutely would not have been successful without a virtual avatar? Many would probably be less successful, but not unsuccessful. The avatar is often just a way to break up the dead air and keep people focused, not a be-all and end-all of the product.

I don't think we'll ever hit the 'oversaturation' or 'decline' phase of things, because an avatar is just so generally useful in so many ways. It's branding, it's opsec of a sort, it can be changed and modified far more easily than your real-life face or assets, etc. There's already projects that even take the streamer out of the equation entirely and just use the avatar with an A.I controller. I'm near-certain that once the tech gets good enough, even little things like mascot avatars on store pages will start being animated. It's just a very simple way to reliably harvest attention. Your brain sees funny colored moving thing, it focuses.
I think there's two products. Two industries really. Streaming is pretty much fully developed. But the big corpos also make this high effort event content which has its own cash stream that is pretty new, and I think the idea of a corporate managed streamer can develop into its own thing. In that sense we're still pretty far back on the business life cycle because youtubing is only starting to trend towards professional outfits and regular live streaming hasn't yet at all.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Shiina's art stream/Zatsu, starting off with some singing too!

kestraline

Early Adopter
And let me introduce to you Negi. 2view japanese english speaking (with funny accent) vtuber who streaming right now.

Sadly she rarely streamed last year. Her streams is funny just chatting, creating her own models and some vr stuff. She is comfy and kind.
She is created her own streaming room in her house. Very talented girl.
View attachment 12372View attachment 12373

I remember Negi from a few years ago as a 2view I watched raided them often, you are right they didn't stream much last year as thought they disappeared off the map.

Also the caramel idol is live and in VRChat.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
I dont fucking know, whoever these fucking penis people are

Summary of monthly Namirin stream:
  • Overslept, oops. Welcome to January 33rd Patreon stream
  • Talking about utaite she likes, sings some songs. Also talks about annoying screeching children in public and how some people can't control their kids. "I haven't been spanked before" Yabai.
  • Has to remember to pay into indiegogo for a keyboard at 8 AM PST. Not sure it will accept her payments and paypal sucks.
  • Tries to get the keyboard, payment methods don't work, as expected, even mommy's American credit card.
  • Multiple f-bombs are dropped and mentions of wanting to kill someone are made.
  • Ends stream.
10/10, will spend $10 to experience it again next month.
Fn8OX1HXEAA1gKB

You think the spreadsheet rrat is real and literal? :whatastory:

I have no doubt they gossip about the whales and schizos but I doubt it's so formalized that they're making actual documentation. Maybe the mods have a "ban on sight" list or something.

Kiara does keep a picture with the name of each KFP that she met in each meet & greet she ever did
Do not underestimate these girls

Clip tax:

Kiara keeps being disappointed at the lack of male nippels in video games

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
I think it's a mistake to call vtubing its own market. It might have been back when it was mostly JP-only, the tech was new, and the barrier to entry high. But now it's just streaming. How many talents out there do you know who live and die by their model? How many vtuber streamers do you know who absolutely would not have been successful without a virtual avatar? Many would probably be less successful, but not unsuccessful. The avatar is often just a way to break up the dead air and keep people focused, not a be-all and end-all of the product.

I don't think we'll ever hit the 'oversaturation' or 'decline' phase of things, because an avatar is just so generally useful in so many ways. It's branding, it's opsec of a sort, it can be changed and modified far more easily than your real-life face or assets, etc. There's already projects that even take the streamer out of the equation entirely and just use the avatar with an A.I controller. I'm near-certain that once the tech gets good enough, even little things like mascot avatars on store pages will start being animated. It's just a very simple way to reliably harvest attention. Your brain sees funny colored moving thing, it focuses.
One thing that vtubing has that is truly unique, if you ask me, has nothing to do with vtuber tech.

japanese vtubing in particular brought the concept of talent agencies to streaming.

It unironically helped me appreciate watching female streamers because they did have corporations being able to rein in the dumb shit that happens when a streamer goes into content brainrot clout chase mode.

In male streamers that becomes react content and drama stirring, but for female streamers it becomes coombait supreme, and you see it in indies but you see it a hell of a lot less in corpos.

Sure streamers had "orgs" like OTK and OTV, but no one had true talent agencies, and I'm eager to see what will happen if and when that gets introduced to the broader streaming world where hopefully the shit can get reined in even a little bit.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter

Ina collected the Marine and Pekora hugs.

Edit:
Also, I don't think this Ina members post got posted yet.
ina_productive.PNG

Ensok

Early Adopter

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Kiara does keep a picture with the name of each KFP that she met in each meet & greet she ever did
Do not underestimate these girls

Clip tax:

Kiara keeps being disappointed at the lack of male nippels in video games

Your oshi that you went to virtually meet at a convention? Yeah, she has your picture, and laughs about it in her private discord chats with other vtubers.

:cursedbae::whatastory::cursedbae:

Sporg

What does @MR.T800 feel about Neuro-sama taking over the world entirely without carpetnuking anyone or death camps (well, unless chat gets creative again, at any rate)?

Just wait until she unleashes The Swarm.

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Only me that just gets a blank page right now on the homeland?
I got a blank page and then refreshed and got this (it redirected to the normal site a couple seconds later):
best_flare.PNG
I don't know how long Josh has had this up, but it's the first time i"ve seen it and it got a chuckle out of me.

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20230202-184216-021.png
Yuko said during the donothon that she used to RP in Roblox and now shes gonna be playing Roblox for members. I wonder how many times her and Pippa have fucked around in Roblox :smugpipi:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
View attachment 12390
Yuko said during the donothon that she used to RP in Roblox and now shes gonna be playing Roblox for members. I wonder how many times her and Pippa have fucked around in Roblox :smugpipi:
I never understood the appeal of roblox but it seems like a perfect place for pedos to pick out prey...
So perfect for Yuko's fanbase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom