"That's more like it, that's more like it guys. Yeah I gotta keep the D safe; Would be good if I could raise the D"IRyS

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
This is probably the strangest tweet ive seen from a chuuba/orbiter

BoSheep, aka lewdtuber Cimrai's new persona after she went menhera, for some reason posted some randy facts about her sex life

Keep in mind she gave one of her daughters (unsure if she is of age, i hope so) a similar rig to her and has done streams with her

So, just kinda bizzare and TMI

Jesus christ bitch who fucking asked? Literally begging for attention with shit like this and to what end?

View attachment 12129

Yeah I'm definitely going to say TMI for all of this. Sheesh. Why even need to public state all this? Hope her kid never sees these tweets.

Wowee maybe just fucking rope if you need validation this badly that you're going to reminisce about getting groomed repeatedly as a teenager.

Fauna just said she found out after first becoming a vegetarian that tuna was a fish. Before then, she didn't know and thought tuna salad was vegetarian.

This might be the first "IRyS-moment" I have heard from her.

What the fuck did she think it was? I can't even imagine thinking it was anything but fish, even as a little kid. Sure, the fact I'd grown up hearing it called tuna fish probably helps but jesus.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
As much as I can't stand Fortnite culture, it always brings out the funniest shit.

"Bettel! Hit a sick ollie off this ramp!" - Dez says as Bettel is sprinting through the storm, carrying his dying body to safety. And God DAMN, did the man do as he was told.

I'm sure this will be clipped, but it had me fucking dying.
Saving Private Dezmond is shaping up to be an academy award winning movie for stunts after that moment ngl.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Lmao I saw his initial donos and chat messages, according to /vt/ he has been sperging a bit more in chat and tried to pretend his bank called him so he could do a refund on the superchat.

Best part? He dono'd $500 off the bat to try and get in the top 3 for a letter, but he used superchat instead of stream elements.
The way the donothon works, stream elements donos get a 10% bump. So he was outbid before he even placed his superchat order
:urtearingmeapart::whatastory:
Well, cosmic eventually figured the stream elements thing out and rushed in a $100 dono, so he's up to $600 total now...

Sadly I don't think he's gonna make it
Screenshot_20230130-235953-269.png

Word around /vt/ is that a few of the big whales circling idol are competing amongst themselves to see who can get letters among the various talents, should be some interesting shit going down for Rin and Junas donothons.

Edit - actually I wonder - is the $3,122 anonymous donation from one person who just left name blank (lmao in that case since they won't get a letter) or is it aggregate of all the smaller nameless donos? Idk how stream elements works.

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Well, cosmic eventually figured the stream elements thing out and rushed in a $100 dono, so he's up to $600 total now...

Sadly I don't think he's gonna make it
View attachment 12135

Word around /vt/ is that a few of the big whales circling idol are competing amongst themselves to see who can get letters among the various talents, should be some interesting shit going down for Rin and Junas donothons.
Jesus fucking christ idol-corp does have the racial faction bonus towards money-making doesnt it

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Jesus fucking christ idol-corp does have the racial faction bonus towards money-making doesnt it
I don't mean this the way it probably sounds, but you can tell the Jews behind idol are fucking smart. Every one of these girls has been market tested in their own way and been crafted and molded into the most profitable incarnation. Yuko is basically Gura but more unhinged and more liberated to say whatever weird shit comes into her mind, so she is probably gonna be their cash cow for a while. Juna has the "mommy" vibe. Rin is Bri'ish tomboy. Pochi is cute hyper attached dog girl. And Fuyo is pure fuckin chaos. Every one of them has been tailored to a subsection of the vtuber market, and they are knocking it out of the park.

A lot of threads on /vt/ have turned chaotic tonight because idol went all out with an ad blitz and now everyone following the smaller corps is wondering why they don't put as much effort into advertising their talents as idol is.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
:cursedbae:

Let's talk about TomoPulse a bit, because I did some Twitter detective-ing and I have a theory. If you check out the header image on their Twitter profile, you'll see there's four characters there. But in their header text as well as their sayonara tweet, only three characters are mentioned. What gives?

You can probably guess - they had four streamers in their first and only gen, but one graduated already. Citing "deteriorating mental health and various real-life circumstances," Dahlia Wintra announced on January 8th that she would have her final stream on the 21st. One of four down.

Now there was something that caught my eye in the post from Aoame Ayumi: "Although I have not been active lately due to school and work…" Sure enough, if the dates on her YouTube and Twitch channels are anything to go by, her most recent stream was ten days ago, and she apparently didn't have a date when she planned to become active again yet. An inactive streamer isn't bringing in superdoucats for the company so that's two of four down.

More interesting, though, is the "graduation" message posted by Claudia Katsumoto, the PC fan and Tenma kidnapper who will apparently continue as a fleshtuber. Just like with Lisa's Tsunderia announcement, it reads more like a graduation announcement from a company that will continue ("I wish the best of luck to the future of TomoPulse") than something you'd expect from someone who is losing their gig because the company will cease to exist. Thus, as with Lisa, I posit that Claudia's decision to graduate may have been what triggered her company to pull the plug quickly, since that would have left them with three out of four down, and they would have been an agency managing a single active streamer.

Maybe it's just a run of bad luck that two of their streamers had to quit because of the mentals and the other was just too busy (which could also be read as not motivated enough if you're cynical, but we're rratting so let's be cynical) to continue, so until we have reason to believe otherwise I won't jump to blame management. Maybe four streamers is not enough of a first gen to ensure the rest can stay afloat if one or two drop off.

Speaking of that last active streamer, though, Benjamin Datum posted a schedule for the week. He and his somewhat dull model will be streaming tomorrow on Twitch. I'll try to drop by and see if he has any tea to spill.

Thank you for coming to my RratTalk.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
As much as I can't stand Fortnite culture, it always brings out the funniest shit.

"Bettel! Hit a sick ollie off this ramp!" - Dez says as Bettel is sprinting through the storm, carrying his dying body to safety. And God DAMN, did the man do as he was told.

I'm sure this will be clipped, but it had me fucking dying.
As autismal the community is, Fortnite is actually a pretty fun game if you ask me. Especially the co-op part. And uh, y'know, the abusrdist shit like Bettel playing as the Alien surfing on a green goblin glider while Maglet does sick dirtbike tricks while Altare kills 27 people on his own.
Ollie announced a Holo Apex tourney. Participants include:
Pray for whoever gets LiveEN (other than Ame) (Ame isn't even there) on their team.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20230131_081152_YouTube.pngScreenshot_20230131_081220_YouTube.pngScreenshot_20230131_081249_YouTube.pngScreenshot_20230131_081333_YouTube.pngScreenshot_20230131_081344_YouTube.png

And just in case you were worried about your favorite boys and girls possibly interacting with members of the other sex there will be boys only, girls only, and mixed participation for people to choose from.

Screenshot_2023-01-31-13-08-20-518-edit_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
View attachment 12136View attachment 12137View attachment 12138View attachment 12139View attachment 12140

And just in case you were worried about your favorite boys and girls possibly interacting with members of the other sex there will be boys only, girls only, and mixed participation for people to choose from.

View attachment 12141
How the hell are they doing an apex tourney and not having Ame? Is she like Botan and her power level is just too high?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
How the hell are they doing an apex tourney and not having Ame? Is she like Botan and her power level is just too high?
February is really busy for them, so not everyone can join despite wanting to. It is the month before 4th fes.

Astel is better than like everyone in the whole tournament by quite a lot, unless I am forgetting someone who is cracked. Notably, StartEnd and Altare are missing, as well.

vestars20

Early Adopter
It's a bit funny seeing that message from people who failed to establish a corpo, but I guess one can say that they are speaking from experience. They're not wrong either. Idol Corp (and Neo-Porte in Japan) shows that you can launch an agency to some success in the current era of vtubing, but it's very hard.
I would Imagine that Neo-Porte is making most of their money from Hal/Reid, are they really doing well? VSPO might be a better example, Kaga Nazuna put together a video about their origin, there are multiple parts. I don't know if they started under a large company like SONY "Verse", who's lack of success begs a different question, or if VSPO was acquired by Brave group.

Anyways, if you are interested in a pretty candid description of vtuber success give it a watch.
Any good indies playing that new game, Hi-Fi Rush? It looks pretty good, and I can't imagine the corpo chuubas have perms yet.

Chimugi played it. She's a chill streamer that has some of the best assets I've ever seen and some really tasteful merch

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
View attachment 12136View attachment 12137View attachment 12138View attachment 12139View attachment 12140

View attachment 12141
> Calli
> Gura
> Fauna
> Ina
> Haachama
I laughed

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist

Noir Vesper📗 @holoTEMPUS said:
I have no recollection of ever saying this

Oh buddy, just you wait a bit...

kukkia

Early Adopter
I would Imagine that Neo-Porte is making most of their money from Hal/Reid, are they really doing well? VSPO might be a better example, Kaga Nazuna put together a video about their origin, there are multiple parts. I don't know if they started under a large company like SONY "Verse", who's lack of success begs a different question, or if VSPO was acquired by Brave group.
VSPO is bigger, I just didn't mention them since they're also older. Their first debuts were in 2018. Though they've had a lot of growth recently so yeah, they can still be seen as an example.
Neo-Porte's first gen does quite well but looking at the sub count some of the hype may have worn out by the time the second gen came around. The decline of Apex may have taken its toll as well. But they're still doing fairly well.

vestars20

Early Adopter

View attachment 12141
Vesper and Altare rrats intensify. But I think he doesn't want to relapse into sweaty gamer. Ame too, she would def curse someone out like in the Mario Kart Tourney. I am really really really interested in how the JP boys, and Axel, are gonna be debuffed. They will slaughter everyone.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
A lot of threads on /vt/ have turned chaotic tonight because idol went all out with an ad blitz and now everyone following the smaller corps is wondering why they don't put as much effort into advertising their talents as idol is.
Because it costs money. Money which Idol will be getting back after those donothons. Ever heard the saying that you have to spend money to make money?

The problem is having enough money up front to invest. Something Miao didnt do with UwU.tv

As for indies. Why the fuck do they spend 5-10k on models and rigging and then they dont spend shit on advertising themselves. I have always said that one of the most important things when it comes to Vtubing is marketing. You might be the best talent out there but if no one finds you, whats the point in all of that talent. Additionally managers can also help greatly. A good manager will find things for you to do. Often most of these girls are extremely talented but they lack structure. Its very easy to get comfortable doing the bare minimum (Streaming) and living off that. A good manager will push the talent to try and do other things to expand her audience.

I feel like this was Tsunderia's main problem. Management failed to properly market their talent.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter

Oh buddy, just you wait a bit...

"She wants to keep the baby, I'm having a mental breakdown" ~ Vesper "True Statement" Noir coming to twitter near you.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Sweet crispy FUCK that last kill Shinri got to win that match of Fortnut was the sickest shit I've seen in weeks.

Also full Tempus collab tomorrow in Minecraft, including grandpa I think.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
This AI shit is scarily accurate. BUt also incredibly hilarious

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Watched the parts of the Yuko vod I missed earlier....

She eats bugs. Oh god why the fuck did I have to start watching the bug eating vtuber. It's not even in the Haachama meme way, like she just straight up cracked into a bag of bugs.

:urtearingmeapart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom