"No way man, Dizzy is gross"Kevin 'Sakana' Li

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter

PekoWick

I might do it. I doubt any of the money actually goes to the talents. Most of it goes to production and for the company to have funds for merch production
They are getting payed here obviously. I highly doubt any talent would like to appear on this without getting money.The amount is probably not big since there are a lot of performer. For example suisei will get more money from her sololive than this concert since she is the only performing.

Ollie announced a Holo Apex tourney. Participants include:
View attachment 12136View attachment 12137View attachment 12138View attachment 12139View attachment 12140

And just in case you were worried about your favorite boys and girls possibly interacting with members of the other sex there will be boys only, girls only, and mixed participation for people to choose from.

View attachment 12141
How does this thing even work? The numbers of participants is just too awkward imo.

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
:cursedbae:

If anyone wants to read more into the "Altare/Vesper hate each other rrat", Altare happend to post this fanmade card that featured him and Vesper

Rrat as you please
:cursedbae:

Edit: Altare responded to Vesper's birthday wishes

Some people are even noticing the rrat lmao

Last edited:

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

mismatch

How does this thing even work? The numbers of participants is just too awkward imo.
This should clarify things a bit - it's not actually a tournament, although she said that there will be prizes...:

1675148608804.png

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
A lot of threads on /vt/ have turned chaotic tonight because idol went all out with an ad blitz and now everyone following the smaller corps is wondering why they don't put as much effort into advertising their talents as idol is.

I feel like this was Tsunderia's main problem. Management failed to properly market their talent.

Marketing is arguably the most important perk of being in a corpo and if they aren't pulling their weight in that respect they're honestly not worth the cut of the talent's revenue. If the first time I'm hearing about a corpo existing is the announcement they're dissolving, then... well, that explains what the problem was.

Low startup capital is one part of why so many corpos fail but there's also a bigger picture going on - the founders are, from what I can tell, literally-whos with nothing going for them. They're not business people. It's not just that they think they can fund an expensive project using the cash their parents wanted them to use for university, they also don't have the experience or the connections to make it work - even just some digital marketing experience would do wonders for these corpos, being able to make your business stand out in the eternal waves of social media nonsense is something people either do or don't know how to do.

Idol seems incredibly promising, though maybe it's the cynic in me but it also feels too good to be true. We're only really seeing it from one perspective through Aviel's "look guys I pay for everything!" tweets, and buying yourself a reputation only goes so far. I think the 'tells' we've got to wait for are how they handle the first big bout of drama (let's be real, any company full of women will have drama sooner or later, it's unavoidable), and whether they continue supporting the first EN generation as well as they have been after the second have debuted. I hope all's well, but you know, counting chickens before they're hatched.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Idol seems incredibly promising, though maybe it's the cynic in me but it also feels too good to be true. We're only really seeing it from one perspective through Aviel's "look guys I pay for everything!" tweets, and buying yourself a reputation only goes so far. I think the 'tells' we've got to wait for are how they handle the first big bout of drama (let's be real, any company full of women will have drama sooner or later, it's unavoidable), and whether they continue supporting the first EN generation as well as they have been after the second have debuted. I hope all's well, but you know, counting chickens before they're hatched.
I distinctly remember people on the homeland bringing up how Aviel had quite the reputation as a shitty businessman and con-man back before the Idol-HE debuts. Looking it up I find a /vt/ thread from way back when that's decently well researched.

Anyways, it seems that he's able to fund all of the shit for his talents because he might've scammed investors or even gotten government grants because he promised some sci-fi shit, and ran away with the money after botching the company once already.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
For all those chuuba's and chuuba enjoyers out there that are having a hard time

If events are successful the next events have the potential to be even bigger and that includes marketing that includes your Chuubas. Hololive is putting on bigger and bigger events, including this one which is bigger then last years Fes, and pouring money back into growing the company in all kinds of ways: Hololive Error, HoloEarth, and the hiring of staff to support projects, studio time, etc. Support the company if you feel they are doing well and supporting the people you like but it's a management company and the girls are contract workers so don't get mad that Cover it's paying for flights to Japan or directly fund projects upfront. I'll by buying it because I think it will support the talents. Plus, these Chuuba's worked hard and would be sad if you don't, tabun.

But i thought hololive was an evil company... and error/earth both suck ass... and no talent freedom
Edit: Altare responded to Vesper's birthday wishes

Some people are even noticing the rrat lmao

Management forced him to respond
I distinctly remember people on the homeland bringing up how Aviel had quite the reputation as a shitty businessman and con-man back before the Idol-HE debuts. Looking it up I find a /vt/ thread from way back when that's decently well researched.

Anyways, it seems that he's able to fund all of the shit for his talents because he might've scammed investors or even gotten government grants because he promised some sci-fi shit, and ran away with the money after botching the company once already.
Oy vey

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

All you faggots who said Idol was starting to look like a better Phase Connect better be on the lookout for when this guy pulls out.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
A lot of threads on /vt/ have turned chaotic tonight because idol went all out with an ad blitz and now everyone following the smaller corps is wondering why they don't put as much effort into advertising their talents as idol is.
Phase Connect did, fishman bought a lot of youtube ads and they were enough on vtuber streams where it spawned a bunch of retarded antis who don't use adblock on /vt/ because they got sick of seeing them.
Fishman also took a big gamble and went pretty hard with OffKai. Remember it was a completely untested convention about vtubers and it paid off, actually one of the big turning points of growth.

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
Ollie announced a Holo Apex tourney. Participants include:
View attachment 12136View attachment 12137View attachment 12138View attachment 12139View attachment 12140

And just in case you were worried about your favorite boys and girls possibly interacting with members of the other sex there will be boys only, girls only, and mixed participation for people to choose from.

View attachment 12141
Can you imagine if Gura or Fauna played with the filthy penis havers? I doubt they will do the mixed play bracket but holy shit the chaos would be amazing.
It not on his schedule so I wouldn't hold my breath
Vesper usually only posts his solo stuff on his schedule and then still does collabs later since he streams at 10am pst. Not sure why he never lists his full day but he's always done it that way.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
As much as I can't stand Fortnite culture, it always brings out the funniest shit.

"Bettel! Hit a sick ollie off this ramp!" - Dez says as Bettel is sprinting through the storm, carrying his dying body to safety. And God DAMN, did the man do as he was told.

I'm sure this will be clipped, but it had me fucking dying.
Damn.. might be worth a skim through the vod.. but fortnite..

PekoWick

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Sweet crispy FUCK that last kill Shinri got to win that match of Fortnut was the sickest shit I've seen in weeks.

Also full Tempus collab tomorrow in Minecraft, including grandpa I think.
I never thought a guy who seems to just play walking simulators, horror games, visual novels, and slime rancher could game so hard. I kneel.
Damn.. might be worth a skim through the vod.. but fortnite..

Here is the other major Fortnite moment from that collab, it is when Shinri becomes a gamer.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
All you faggots who said Idol was starting to look like a better Phase Connect better be on the lookout for when this guy pulls out.
I don't see how hiring actual talented talent and offering some crazy renumeration packages fits in with the plan of scamming everyone, but I admit I find the idea of a scammer trying to set up a sham vtuber agency only to have it accidentally become a big success a la The Producers rather humorous.

You okay, Vesper-dono?

Last edited:

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Im not sure if this has been posted here yet but I saw this floating around and I shamelessly stole it.

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
It looks like Cover is taking Softbank (one of Japan's largest telecommunication providers) to court in order to obtain information on the anti that has been stalking Marine.

marine anti court.PNG

January 31 Today
Exia Class Action Lawsuit, New Pending

2 p.m. Claims for damages, etc.
Plaintiff: Class Action Lawsuit
Defendant: Exia LLC
4th year Reiwa
No. 305 Civil Affairs Department 8
Plaintiffs' attorney, Masahiro Sugiyama

13: 25 Judgment Caller Information Disclosure Request Case
Plaintiff: Cover Corporation
 Hololive, Two-dimensional, Houshou Marine, etc.
Defendant: SoftBank
309 29 copies

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter

You okay, Vesper-dono?

He's practicing his funny noises and faces act so his future child doesn't hate him, for some reason he decided to practice this on Twitter. I am not a cycling hobo who wanted to buy samurai armor, so I cannot process this plan's many layers.

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy
I don't mean this the way it probably sounds, but you can tell the Jews behind idol are fucking smart. Every one of these girls has been market tested in their own way and been crafted and molded into the most profitable incarnation. Yuko is basically Gura but more unhinged and more liberated to say whatever weird shit comes into her mind, so she is probably gonna be their cash cow for a while. Juna has the "mommy" vibe. Rin is Bri'ish tomboy. Pochi is cute hyper attached dog girl. And Fuyo is pure fuckin chaos. Every one of them has been tailored to a subsection of the vtuber market, and they are knocking it out of the park.

I really do think a big factor in their success is that they allowed their talents to have say in their models. When you have a model that matches the voice, personality, and general vibe of the person behind it, the overall viewing experience is elevated and they somehow feel more like real people and less like a person playing a character imo.
I feel like a lot of corpo vtubers are either miscast or have to really grow into their model before they become watchable.
The IdolEN girls feel more genuine and comfortable in their "skin" so to speak.

AmpleChip

It looks like Cover is taking Softbank (one of Japan's largest telecommunication providers) to court in order to obtain information on the anti that has been stalking Marine.

View attachment 12143

January 31 Today
Exia Class Action Lawsuit, New Pending

2 p.m. Claims for damages, etc.
Plaintiff: Class Action Lawsuit
Defendant: Exia LLC
4th year Reiwa
No. 305 Civil Affairs Department 8
Plaintiffs' attorney, Masahiro Sugiyama

13: 25 Judgment Caller Information Disclosure Request Case
Plaintiff: Cover Corporation
 Hololive, Two-dimensional, Houshou Marine, etc.
Defendant: SoftBank
309 29 copies

Stalking? Like irl stalking or just trolling her streams on multiple accounts? Do you have more information about this anti's shenanigans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom