"What do you mean you thought I was fatherless?!"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Tsunderia has lost 9 of 15 talents plus an A-chan-esque. I am really not sure how they haven't totally shut down yet.
Phase Invaders 2 soon.

edit: Also here's the NijiEN x PSO2 collab stuff.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Tsunderia has lost 9 of 15 talents plus an A-chan-esque. I am really not sure how they haven't totally shut down yet.
Were the talents they lost bringing in a lot of views and suppas? These companies probably have relatively low overhead and there's probably a lot of room for turnover unfortunately.

Kalion

:)
Were the talents they lost bringing in a lot of views and suppas? These companies probably have relatively low overhead and there's probably a lot of room for turnover unfortunately.
Miori and Yuuna have always had 300ish CCV and some real oil barons. Those two leaving certainly dealt a blow to the company. The rest that left are perpetual two views (Char doesn't even stream anymore) that barely get donations (although Purin and Meru's membership-to-gray name ratios are very high.)

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Oceane is doing some sort of gaming/ASMR hybrid stream, idk what it's gonna entail but I hope she actually plays Stardew Valley

kukkia

Early Adopter
At this point being a part of Tsunderia basically just means you have marginally higher name recognition than if you were a complete nobody. Like not many big corpo fans are gonna check out Tsunderia, but it does bump you a bit above the countless people who just start randomly streaming on Twitch or whatever. Does this really justify Tsunderia's continued existence as an agency? I guess that depends on how much of a share the "company" is getting. If it isn't much or anything at all then I can kinda just see them continuing to exist if only for the sake that being incorporated can make handling some business things easier in countries like the US (this is why plenty of self-employed contract workers will incorporate).

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Miori and Yuuna have always had 300ish CCV and some real oil barons. Those two leaving certainly dealt a blow to the company. The rest that left are perpetual two views (Char doesn't even stream anymore) that barely get donations (although Purin and Meru's membership-to-gray name ratios are very high.)
So a hit, but not a major one? The sad thing about companies that work with influencers is that the influencers are basically venture capital investments, you'll sink money into 10 of them, 3 will break even, 5 will be a net negative, and 2 will pay for the whole thing and then some. The better companies work hard to get those lower end talents to prosper while giving the high ends what they need as well, while the crappier ones just ignore the ones not doing as well.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
I guess they saw your post.
Untitled - Copy.png

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I'm going to reignite the ovens if he results in a Lisaless Phase Connect.
I mean Sakana can take his pick of Kazune, Tomoya, Nen, Purin, and Hanabi after Aviel rips off the invader shtick with Ami and Lisa. I hear they’re pretty good at copying ideas over there. Ever wonder how Israel developed nuclear weapons?

I’m mostly just playing but it would be pretty disappointing to see Tsunderia go under let alone any of their talents get poached.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Scale starting a cringy battleroyale FMV game. Watching this game always gives me a laugh.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I mean Sakana can take his pick of Kazune, Tomoya, Nen, Purin, and Hanabi after Aviel rips off the invader shtick with Ami and Lisa. I hear they’re pretty good at copying ideas over there. Ever wonder how Israel developed nuclear weapons?

I’m mostly just playing but it would be pretty disappointing to see Tsunderia go under let alone any of their talents get poached.
I don't know anything about Tsunderia but I remember Pippa poked at Lisa joining Phase and Lisa sounded like she was happy and wanted to stay at Tsunderia. Would be sad to see that optimism fade for her.

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
I guess they saw your post.
View attachment 11158
No, I just double checked and it was always she/her.
im a idiot.PNG
Looks like I fell for a fake screenshot. Remember kids, don't be a lazy retard like me and double check your sources. My point still stand though. Anyone with pronouns in their bio is a drama hungry leech and you should stay clear of them at all costs.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Lia is now prepped for her donothon. It starts tomorrow at 8PM PST.

The collabs with Nyaru and Yuri look pretty cool and I'll be happy to give the other two girls a try. There looks to be a bunch of other fun content too, which I hope doesn't get lost in the depths of overlong sub streams.

Fm4DSUNagAAKwJP

Stream Link / Twitter

Oh, and attempt two at the Kirschey and Lia collab:

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Suisei will appear in "The First Take" tomorrow.

I have heard a little about the first take before but have never seen it? I assume they are gonna just have hear video call or something as her avatar, or maybe do the same way as Thrash tast did with Calli and have her there and edit her out, but I guess there would be security concerns with that.
Guessing it will be with Taku Inoue who probably has seen her irl before. As for how they will do this? Possibly recorded it a few months ago with her IRL in the studio. Few staff on set had to sign NDA (similar to Trash Taste) and I feel like they will just edit her out and add her 3d model in the video. Cover edited and approved the video and sending it back to them to publish. A good chunk of the songs most of the JP vtubers sing in Karaoke have gotten a First Take video. There are also a ton of people that make content reacting to First Take videos. From a marketing standpoint this is pretty huge to have a Vtuber in there. Bunch of new eyes that possibly know nothing of Vtubers will be watching and reacting to it.

Completely unrelated to Harry Potter, Scarle and Nina are collabing right now ranking each NijiEN members Mommy/Daddy potential.

Currently up is Kyo and apparently Kyo likes Butter Noodles.

Great stream as always. Watched most of it during work.

Rowling should've just stfu and enjoyed her massive pile of money, the horde turning on her at the slightest dissention was one of the sweetest moments of catharsis though.
She still enjoys the massive pile of money while actively pissing off the HP fandom. Its all great.

Funny enough I could see her playing it as an easy way to reduce the heat on her name, it would leave normies scratching their heads when the response to why are you getting cancelled is "as a streamer I dared to play a video game" but It would really be a question of what wins her desire to shitpost or her dislike of HP.
I doubt Fishman would let her. Also I dont think Pippa wants to piss the alphabet soups + create a huge discussion about political shit over a game. She has been pushing for people to stop asking or saying political shit on chat.

Fuckin hell I check in after some months and this place exploded in popularity. Glad to see the autism is going stronger than ever

Anyway have some cursed Kronii art
Oh shit, she lives.

Apperantly an artist is making a fit on Twitter cause Calli forgot to credit her in the description of her sponsored stream.
1674155689047498.png

Even though she got credited in the schedule, using the same art.
Honestly, it feels like she just forgot (given how she seems to credit artists in everything). I get the artist but bitching about it on twitter makes her look petty.

If anything out there has divine powers i will pray to you so mori would use ai generated art for the next schedule to make that person in particular piss and shit and cry all over twitter

Doesnt sting as hard to twittards
Peony from Kawaii does it for her thumbnails and they are all pretty nice. Would be hilarious if Mori did it but Cover won't let her just to avoid backlash. If Hololive has something positive going for them is all of the fan art and fan-created content they receive. Pissing off the artists would possibly create a huge shitshow which might lead Calli to get suspended for a few weeks and the fans will then rage at Cover for taking action against her.

Im surprised she doesn't have Pippa blocked.
Im more surprised that she hasn't called Pippa a neo nazi.

I would unironically love a Pippa/Mana collab in the style of her interviews with that Blizzard dev guy and Miao where she just grills the commie the entire time.
:whatastory:
I would love this. Chat would sperg out on Mana and she would start screeching. Pippa would take a neutral approach and just lightly jab her so that she ends up saying unhinged shit.

Wonder if this is the signal for something bad about to happen or something.
That ain't good.

Overall the active talents don't bring in too many views. They are getting 100-180 usually. Its not terrible but its been over a year and I feel like they should be growing more.

At this point being a part of Tsunderia basically just means you have marginally higher name recognition than if you were a complete nobody. Like not many big corpo fans are gonna check out Tsunderia, but it does bump you a bit above the countless people who just start randomly streaming on Twitch or whatever. Does this really justify Tsunderia's continued existence as an agency? I guess that depends on how much of a share the "company" is getting. If it isn't much or anything at all then I can kinda just see them continuing to exist if only for the sake that being incorporated can make handling some business things easier in countries like the US (this is why plenty of self-employed contract workers will incorporate).
Honestly, I feel like Tsunderia has a marketing problem. The talents don't know how to market themselves and management doesn't seem to come up with ideas to help them. Back when Pippa wanted to do a company music cover collab with shitty Minecraft meme songs I thought it would be a fairly great way for them to grow by attracting a younger crowd but this led to nothing. Idol, Kawaii, and Phase have gotten a bit of a boost in viewership/subs/memberships in these last 2-3 months but I feel like Tsunderia hasn't really benefitted from it.

I don't know anything about Tsunderia but I remember Pippa poked at Lisa joining Phase and Lisa sounded like she was happy and wanted to stay at Tsunderia. Would be sad to see that optimism fade for her.
Going to attribute that to naive optimism and a sense of loyalty to the company that gave you a chance. Didn't Lisa quit college and her mother forced her to get a job? A bit sad if she ends up quitting Vtubing in its entirety and goes to college.

Something I noticed while looking at the Kawaii numbers. Edited the number of videos each talent has in their channel (total including Live/Shorts/Regular). 1674195968443.png
While it's not a 1:1, there seems to be a correlation between videos released and number of subs. Its a stupidly impressive amount of videos since they havent been around for so long. Seems like Oceanne is releasing 3 vids a day. When it comes to monetization and ad-revenue they are probably making a fairly decent amount of money from that. Probably about $2-5 per video per month.

Last edited:

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Going to attribute that to naive optimism and a sense of loyalty to the company that gave you a chance. Didn't Lisa quit college and her mother forced her to get a job? A bit sad if she ends up quitting Vtubing in its entirety and goes to college.
Wasn't she part of a different company before? I really hope Lisa succeeds, she just seems very nice and her being idealistic makes me want to root for her. Though even if she goes back to school at least she'll know she tried the other thing and it didn't work out, instead of always wondering what if, though really if she sticks with it I can see her being big, she just needs the right management.

Kalion

Wasn't she part of a different company before?
She was Miko (mikoschmiko) a part of... I honestly can't remember or find via a quick search what company that was.

Sven

I doubt Fishman would let her. Also I dont think Pippa wants to piss the alphabet soups + create a huge discussion about political shit over a game. She has been pushing for people to stop asking or saying political shit on chat.
Permission in this case is irrelevant at least as Pippa confirmed what I assumed from her earlier comments and sees no value in the game for herself as she has no interest in Harry Potter and it looks to competent and normal of a game to shit on. It's also understandable to not want to be mired in endless drama, especially the tardfight degree drama that is everything surrounding Rowling as it can be exhausting just reading some of this stupidity, I can't imagine being in the middle of it.

Honestly, I feel like Tsunderia has a marketing problem. The talents don't know how to market themselves and management doesn't seem to come up with ideas to help them. Back when Pippa wanted to do a company music cover collab with shitty Minecraft meme songs I thought it would be a fairly great way for them to grow by attracting a younger crowd but this led to nothing. Idol, Kawaii, and Phase have gotten a bit of a boost in viewership/subs/memberships in these last 2-3 months but I feel like Tsunderia hasn't really benefitted from it.
I think you nailed this one here, due to it's what feels like an ever present state of collapse for what a year now Tsunderia as a company has really not seemed to do a good job getting the name of it's talents out there as much as they should. It does seem odd that when the other small corpo's in the same area as them seemed to get a boon they were left behind I wonder why that ended up that way.

Kalion

It does seem odd that when the other small corpo's in the same area as them seemed to get a boon they were left behind I wonder why that ended up that way.
If I had to make a guess it's because every time they seemed to get eyes on them, they stepped back and failed to capitalize on any momentum they gained.

Kana was and is still known for random hiatuses, and she was their first big break out.
Char slowed her streaming down and squandered her initial explosive growth. She was very, very well liked in the pre-HoloEN ENvtuber community and collabed with a lot of people who was big at the time (including YuniLuna). Then she just dropped off.
Purin... poor Purin. Life hates her. She's taken long breaks due to getting Covid (twice. The first time she got her her mother died of Covid as well), pneumonia (and nearly dying from it), a hurricane destroying her house, and many more life events. These long breaks always destroy whatever momentum she gained.

TsunQuest (Gen 1) cemented Tsunderia's reputation as "the hiatus company" because, despite having strong debuts, Kallin went on random breaks, Meru disappeared for a whole month shortly after debut, Yuuna had health and family issues which made her take frequent breaks, and Ria straight up graduated a month in (to go become Rosemi). Miori, who joined after Ria's departure as "DLC" was the only real breakout one. And it wasn't because of the Tsunderia name, but because she spent months playing the YouTube algo game HARD.

Re/Verse (Gen 2) was a huge ball drop. Orla admitted she only joined the company on Urara's request so that Hanabi would have someone to debut with. Everyone knew something bad went down when it was a gen of only 2 people.

TsunDream (Gen 3) got a huge boost when their Nijisanji mashup cover got noticed and boosted by NijiEN themselves. But then multiple members either slowed down their streaming or took breaks after that, once again smashing any momentum they had gained.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom