"Sakana told me to measure the circumfrence [sic], and I told him eff you I'm not calculating that... he just told me to measure one end to another... he thought the diameter was the circumference..."Chisaka Airi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
Didn't someone on poa.st put up a poll asking to vote on who your favorite company was? I think around 140+ people responded and it was literally dead even between Holo and PC with each one having over 40% while Niji only got 2% of the vote. I wonder what the deal is with the Niji representation being so much smaller than average in this corner of the web.
Just a guess, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if these parts are primarily a mix between people who came in from Myth and have stuck with Holo (whether because they don't have time for more than one company, or are loyalists for whatever other reason), and people who came in from Pippa having a type of autism/shitposting that would be familiar to these parts, and who likely stick with Myth if they do watch anyone else. You can't really deny Niji absolutely shat the bed in regards of starting in the West, and the effects can be felt to this day. Who knows, if they started better, maybe there'd be people here forgetting some of Council is a thing. Either way, seeing more Niji discussion around would definitely be great; it isn't very motivating to have times where most of it is just about how people who don't watch it don't remember it.

Oh, is this chick a new NijiEN talent? I like the look as long as she can pull off the ojou-sama shtick. EN scene is really lacking in that area.

Seriously though, If you want good Niji discussion, just bring good Niji discussion and if someone is a tard about it, ignore them. I get what you're saying about demotivation, but a bunch of discussion about thread meta usually just cranks those problems up.
Based on the thumbnail and her speaking, probably not. On a serious note though, she's that JP solo debutant who blew up hard enough to beat Gura's record for fastest 1M subs, her mix of dedication to the "basement-dwelling hick trying to act like an ojou" character and short consistent streams appealing to both wagies and fans of older Vtubers like Kizuna Ai. She's also a bit of a shitposter, which appealed to fans of "the old" Niji crew, like Tsukino Mito or Fumino Tamaki.

@Depressed Nousagi Curious question by the way, why did you edit the numberfagging out of the "woah Vtuber go fast"-type thumbnails? Was it a personal choice, or was it just attracting the "haha my Vtuber's number bigger, your team are Untermensch" people too much?
To be fair, the only Niji I used to really follow was Hana Machia, and her communist dad, well I was there mostly for her dad, to be honest, but he stopped showing up for a while, and I sorta forgot about her, and now there's just too much shit to keep track of. I tried watching a few other talents, and I gave Scarle a try after the Illuna debuts, but they all really felt like they appealed to the audience that watches regular twitch live streamers, and that's just not me.

Most likely, but I don't know who'd go out of their way to look for it. I assume at best we're gonna get some people through word of mouth, who didn't want to register for the evil doxing website before.
Her dad stopped showing up because retards would never stop pestering her to have him back on. It does suck, because he was genuinely pretty entertaining. I do still watch her every once in a while, and she's pretty comfy. She's getting 3D along with Lazulight as part of Nijifes' free section, so you might wanna at least consider tuning into that if you liked Hana in the past. I remember Pomu also confirming her and others in Lazulight would also have those full-fledged 3D debuts around the time of Nijifes, so Hana getting that too doesn't seem impossible.

Last edited:

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
@Azehara whatever happen to the monkey girl? I know the lizard girl Roza retained her model and is streaming now. However, did monkey girl get a new persona or what?

I miss Koa :(

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
I guess when I would lurk the KF thread Scuttle's posts tricked my brain into believing there was more Niji discussion than there was. Which is a shame; while I do prefer Holo and PC, NijiEN has some great talents, like Pomu or Selen. I just feel like the way they pander so hard to fujos with their male talents just filters the fuck out of me.

A friend of mine is gay, and is particularly into big muscley dudes. Absolute bara-brain, and he's a big fan of Belmond. Every time NijiEN releases a new wave and it's more waifish bishounen he gets tilted so bad. I find it funny because they gay-bait so bad yet the gayest dude I know can't stand any one of the fuckers.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Tako live with (hopefully) degenerate rooms to review.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
A friend of mine is gay, and is particularly into big muscley dudes. Absolute bara-brain, and he's a big fan of Belmond. Every time NijiEN releases a new wave and it's more waifish bishounen he gets tilted so bad. I find it funny because they gay-bait so bad yet the gayest dude I know can't stand any one of the fuckers.
Millie agrees with your gay friend.

Timestamped at 3:18:03

Nageki

Bird Archivist
I never understood why people care about which fucking corpo (or lack of one) a vtuber is from. If they are entertaining and you like them that's all that matters, and if they collab with someone you don't like you can skip the collab.Tribalfagging is retarded.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
i like watching Ethirya and Lazulight minus Finana, Nina has comfy streams and Selen is top tier, tbh

The Niji schizos are slightly less fun than Holo schizos for me though, its all just passive agressive tumblr types or fujoshis, so same thing

Also lmao ILUNA was a bit of a dud, even Council minus sana dug itself out of its awkard spot somewhat quick imo, meanwhile Iluna just kinda exists

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
No, this is 101.
thatsthejoke.jpg

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
moom ame.PNG
I thought this was scheduled for tomorrow, but whatever that's cool.

she forgor.PNG
What a dork. The forgetfulness isn't even a gimmick at this point. It's just who she is.

1663621817063223.png

All is forgiven.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Fuck, missed the 69, missed the 100.
I better be here posting on the 420

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
The Virtual Asylum Thread Recap
Pages 50-100

Other Recap parts can be found [HERE]

Hololive Error is bad [post]

Power of memes, Raiden! Whiskey and Sad Cat Dance video numbers [post]

Azura Cecilia is an Australian [post]? Nope [post]

GGN girls postpone thier streams because of family member illness [post]

PUNG Kuzuha tournament money prize rumors [post]

Saruei invites artists to drop their commission details under her tweet [post]

Selen getting her FPS powerlevel griefed by management? Also Shoto distancing himself from Luxiem [post] [1, 2]

Different reactions to Depressed Nousagi [1, 2, 3, 4]

Amelia Watson Worms tournament roster [post], commentary stream [post]

Scuttle is staying where they are [1, 2, 3, 4]. LOL, nevermind, welcome [post]

Pippa is streaming Hololive Error [post]

Mikeneko appointed a corporate lawyer [post]

Shylily meets Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger), posts photo [post]

Youtube is about to show users 5 unskippable ads? More likely than you think! [post]

Above and below some tech talk concerning youtube on phone, many posts, just go look

Demonsis reveals her face on Demondice stream [post]

Godzilla posts nice boat [post], talks about his uploads [post]

Gura karaoke archive [post]

Above and below some talk concerning possible Hololive games that would be better than Error

Why "Kick Vee" is banned in Phase-Connect streams [post]

Pippa's growth [post]. After that discussion goes into success on Youtube, mostly about short videos and Youtube Shorts

Anycolor released their financial report, PDF file [post]

Unicorns cry about Worms tournament [post]

Iofi 3D showcase [post], art focused and has sign language [post]. Iofi and Moona squat [post]

Stable Diffusion (AI art) is working, first on thread? [post]

lemao shares tech on how to watch Youtube Shorts as normal videos [post]. And user script [post]

Regis Altare and Magni Dezmond have oil baron listening to thier Twitter spaces [1, 2]

Kiki got her message deleted on Amiya Onolumi collab stream [post]. On Amiya's mods [post], and the end [post]

Gura is possibly with Calli and Irys in Japan, yes or no [post] [1, 2, 3]

Odysee (video publishing website) fuckery [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]

On song permissions for Cover (Hololive) [post]

Gura 3D Live with anime opening, multiple collab songs [post]. Animation by Tonari Animation [post]. Was in production for some time [post]

Suspicion on Gura's Live dancing movement [1, 2]

Japan plans to lift ban on entry of individual tourists [post]. Kiaa is excited [post]

How do you see number of members etc? Main page, then down [post]

Ayunda Risu 3D showcase [post]

Some member only info, Gura, Ame, Vesper

The other forum was hacked [1, 2, 3, 4]

Delutaya Live 2D debut [post]

IRyS explains why she still has no new outfit [post]

KeePass Password Safe [post]

Spore has problems with music copyrights, Vesper had to edit out the BGM [post]

Tamaki Inuyama celebrates 4th anniversary in 3D [post]

Vtuber Cy Yu aka Kaggyfilms aka Alejandro Saab landed the role as Cyno for Genshin Impact [post]

Doctored (fake, edited, photoshopped) subtitles of Amemiya Nazuna talking about contracts [post], thread bites. Fake [post]

uguubear bans someone despite them being autistic on top of being argumentative and giving off negative attitude [post]

Archive of the Virtual Youtubers thread from other forum [post]. Not on this thread, but link was posted [post]

Strange tweet from official Nijisanji speculations. Most likely not new wave [post]

vt talks about Altare being Gura fan [post], small discord leak [1, 2]

Vesper Noir is announcing collab with Ouro Kronii, stream is Psychiatry Side Hustle [post]

Magni posting schedule with big collab, Stars JP, Holo ID [post]

Kronii announces she will collab with whomever she wants, Hololive supports her [post]! vt explodes, youtube too [1, 2]

Did Queen Elizabeth II dying was adressed by British corporate vtubers? [post] [1]

Mysta Rias about off-collabs [post]

Omaru Polka on why Hololive sings the same songs / company Axel-V is dissolving, same as IseV. Info on Else and Poki the Shark [post]

Phase-Connect Discord Karaoke IV [post]

Phase-Connect numbers [post] and markets [post]

Some loser is trying to do a recap, point and laugh [post]. There are number of recaps actually, most are better then that one

Crunchyroll interview of Tempus and Yagoo [post]

Bonnivier Pranaja doing a birthday stream with other members [post]

On this website popularity [post], [1, 2]

Poa.st had a poll asking which company vtuber company is your favourite [post]

Oh, I have some Nijisanji content to bring up, Enna Alouette and iPN had a collab! Another awkward zatsudan, I guess. Knowing those 2 it was kinda surprising to see a collab, as they are not exactly social butterflies. iPN was nervous and awkward here, some silent moments.

Some highlights:

• Enna didn't know iPN was a pro cyber athlete
  • Talking about general and specific drama
  • They discussed their oshis
  • iPN tells that most people approaching him just want to hang out with people he knows, so he doesn't trust anyone shit, here goes my plan of meeting Selen!. Apparently, he knows a lot of people in and out of e-sports
  • They bond over childhood trauma and Asian parents

There are more interesting moments, and there is a dedicated viewer in comments with timestamps for everything.

For people not familiar with iPN, here is a clip of him with Selen, when he is comfortable and gaming.

Last edited:

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Vee is now shilling the site on his Discord. Just thought ya'll ought to know.
1663625266093.png

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
At least you were here for the Lone Wanderer
dawedawdasd.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom