"Oh shit, you're hideous! What the fuck? What race are you?"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Username Generator

Early Adopter

Nabeshin

Spoiler this shit you idiots, you agreed to the fucking rules.
Lumi feets on 1k
Lumi-proposal.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BrainWorms

Hi I'm normal

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
The rrat has been going around for weeks now, but I don’t believe Vesper has this huge moral quandary about receiving superchats.
Yeah, he wants them off for members streams because he feels like that is double-dipping, but that is completely different from being morally opposed to them in other cases.
Floods of super chats are another story, and yes, they probably make him uncomfortable (which would explain why he may have wanted them off for this return stream, along with the feeling that he didn’t ‘earn’ them in this particular case) but ALL of Holopro is like that; there’s plenty of clips of people getting flustered and asking superchatters to stop. In fact, some of them (I remember Magni specifically) seem to feel like they might get bonked for a flood of superchats (there seems to be a sort of ‘no begging’/‘no directly asking for super chats’ rule from Cover).

And then there’s also the added pressure of being one of the people who set the expectation that they will read all superchats. That isn’t a ‘moral’ thing either, that’s “I don’t want to spend 3 hours reading superchats when I could be making other, better content instead.”

TLDR; I don’t see any ‘moral’ dilemma from Vesper about superchats outside of a few specific scenarios.

Lovecraftsalot

Lurker Extraordinaire

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Posting on page 1000 like
1667733818129022.png

But glad to see Vesper back
1664316954036369.png

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
1000 pages of autism. What is wrong with us?

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Here's to 1000 more pages dedicated to discussing the weird and wacky world of men with voice changes pretending to be anime girls online :sanasmile:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
1000 pages of autism. What is wrong with us?
🧩🧩🧩🧩

Ok, done dealing out the puzzle pieces, going to listen to Meemaw for a bit:

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
I don't see what the big deal is. That's what, about a 222 or so posts every single a day. There's at least that many vtubers on Twitter, so I think this number is actually quite reasonable when we consider the power of autism.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Ame used to turn off superchats pretty regularly (and maybe still does, I haven't been watching her so much recently) with no apparent repercussions from Management.

[Edit] Plus there are the games that don't allow it too - but people still stream them. I don't think it's the huge deal to corrporate that folks seem to be assuming. They have a lot of other income streams...
Did she do it during her first year? IIRC, from what we know, after certain time(that may be 1 year) they no longer have streaming requirements from the company and can do w/e you want about monetization or pull an Ayame and just not stream. This part I'm not sure: I think when this contract change happens, Cover also no longer takes a cut from monetization and their money just comes from merchandising and sponsorship deals.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
The rrat has been going around for weeks now, but I don’t believe Vesper has this huge moral quandary about receiving superchats.
Yeah, he wants them off for members streams because he feels like that is double-dipping, but that is completely different from being morally opposed to them in other cases.
Floods of super chats are another story, and yes, they probably make him uncomfortable (which would explain why he may have wanted them off for this return stream, along with the feeling that he didn’t ‘earn’ them in this particular case) but ALL of Holopro is like that; there’s plenty of clips of people getting flustered and asking superchatters to stop. In fact, some of them (I remember Magni specifically) seem to feel like they might get bonked for a flood of superchats (there seems to be a sort of ‘no begging’/‘no directly asking for super chats’ rule from Cover).

And then there’s also the added pressure of being one of the people who set the expectation that they will read all superchats. That isn’t a ‘moral’ thing either, that’s “I don’t want to spend 3 hours reading superchats when I could be making other, better content instead.”

TLDR; I don’t see any ‘moral’ dilemma from Vesper about superchats outside of a few specific scenarios.
The fact he had them turned off today tells me is was almost definitly not that prolly somehitng permission realted.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
1000 pages in 3 months. Insanity.
The homeland thread is relatively dead, so I guess we've just hoovered up most of the userbase after all the downtime there. The activity is about the same as it used to be.

My only regret is not writing down the name of this place when it was first discussed and having to spend the first month or two with nowhere real to discuss my png waifus since I couldn't remember it and couldn't check the site with Null's tech issues.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The homeland thread is relatively dead, so I guess we've just hoovered up most of the userbase after all the downtime there. The activity is about the same as it used to be.
This place has better reactions and smilies for us. That's why I prefer it.
:botanshrug:

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Happy 1k you lunatics, now it's just a waiting game until the bad pink woman starts another drama fest and we have to celebrate 2k before the proctor overdoses on jenkem, lean and ayahuasca... anything to forget...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom