"Like, I've heard that British English is like some fanciful mumbo-jumbo"Himemori Luna

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyName

Vshojo group anniversary cover premiering right now:

Edit:
As expected mostly carried by the actual singers Mouse and Nyanners, Zen was a vocaloid which is what I expected, the biggest surprise to me was that Hime doesn't sounds bad at all, I don't think Sydney has ever done any singing so I surprised she sounds very above average.

Mousey being great at singing is a given, pink cat too to a degree, but Mel and Hime were quite a suprise. Haven't heard Mel sing but from her talking voice I wasn't expecting much.
That or the mixers are really talented.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

Jewdog got jewed by Hitman 2. Bought the game but unclear which edition/content bundle, sounds like she probably bought the cheapest option which would be basically nothing, unaware that the game more or less requires you to either buy each level separately or spring for a complete pass. Very cool marketing practice, I can see why Idol got perms.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Jewdog got jewed by Hitman 2. Bought the game but unclear which edition/content bundle, sounds like she probably bought the cheapest option which would be basically nothing, unaware that the game more or less requires you to either buy each level separately or spring for a complete pass. Very cool marketing practice, I can see why Idol got perms.

I'll never forget the time I saw that a friend who I was familyshared with on Steam bought the game, so I went ahead and downloaded 90 gigs of it to give it a playthrough because I love Blood Money, only for the game to go "Well, your friend only bought the first level, buy the rest yourself retard". Promptly uninstalled it and don't even want to bother pirating because ALL OF THE PROGRESSION IN THE GAMES IS ONLINE ONLY.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I'll never forget the time I saw that a friend who I was familyshared with on Steam bought the game, so I went ahead and downloaded 90 gigs of it to give it a playthrough because I love Blood Money, only for the game to go "Well, your friend only bought the first level, buy the rest yourself retard". Promptly uninstalled it and don't even want to bother pirating because ALL OF THE PROGRESSION IN THE GAMES IS ONLINE ONLY.

Yep. Individually sell the levels, separate out various challenge packs into different DLCs and then tie in rewards to completion of those, but never compile a DLC pack that gives you ALL the content at once so people have to drop money on a gold edition and then still additional DLC that isn't included. The online connection also goes down all the time during play so you can just get fucked sometimes because server stops responding and while you don't get kicked out of the game you better hope you weren't trying to complete some annoying challenges.

The game is pretty good despite the garbage money hungry jew greed driving production, which makes it even more annoying. It could be a really solid trilogy to make up after the weird dogshit Absolution was but the piecemeal packaging is the gayest shit ever. I think I got most of the games by osmosis over time, must have been humble bundles or something, I don't recall ever outright buying them on PC but I have all 3 and the main story levels for each, I did get 2 and 3 on PS4 that I know I bought specifically on sale, like ~$20 on both and have more DLC content there but it's not really worth it. I'll just ignore my 89% challenge completion across the entire series so far so it stops hurting.

Netscaper

Early Adopter
Mousey being great at singing is a given, pink cat too to a degree, but Mel and Hime were quite a suprise. Haven't heard Mel sing but from her talking voice I wasn't expecting much.
That or the mixers are really talented.

Believe it or not, Hime has some chops on VA, similarly to Connor. Dunno if she has actually done something professional with it
She has done VA for 2 TV series and 7 Videogames, according to her imdb page.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Also on the Topic of IdolEN, they got monetized and will celebrate this Tuesday

View attachment 6594

It feels like E-Sekai/IdolEN is the most immediately successful small corpo launch we've ever seen. They've been out for about a week, Yuko has already blown past 20k subs, the lowest sub count any of them has is over 15k, the ccvs look to range from 200-800 a lot of the time, and two are already monetized. Their numbers actually look better than where Phase Gen 2 are today. It's honestly bizarre, given idol's prior sketchy/incompetent reputation. Maybe Kevin needs to get to synagogue more often.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Hopefully Idol doing well will put some pressure on the Fish to stop being a retard. Aside from maybe Tsunderia Phase has pretty much monopolised the small corpo scene, but this time around he's gonna have to actually work to attract the best talents for Gen 3.

123whatever

Long live frogiwawa
Hmm...
View attachment 6603
I remembered early on people on /vt/ were concerned the blahaj obsession meant she was trans, but her as Clara seemed like she wasn't. So with that in mind, her referring to herself as a "man" here is a bit strange...

@123whatever Any more info on her?

EDIT: Seems like she referred to herself as a girl on her community page, and doesn't use any gendered pronouns on her bio. I'm left more confused than anything, but my suspicion is that she was a transtrender for a bit and the twitter bio is just an artifact of that.
I really doubt she was trans at any point, they usually make it a big deal and shit

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
It feels like E-Sekai/IdolEN is the most immediately successful small corpo launch we've ever seen. They've been out for about a week, Yuko has already blown past 20k subs, the lowest sub count any of them has is over 15k, the ccvs look to range from 200-800 a lot of the time, and two are already monetized. Their numbers actually look better than where Phase Gen 2 are today. It's honestly bizarre, given idol's prior sketchy/incompetent reputation. Maybe Kevin needs to get to synagogue more often.
sakanalmao.jpg

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Magni schedule

Magni schedule.jpg

Ragus commission next, anyone want to guess what he'll ask for? Could it be a 1-to-1 accurate portrait of his darling sister? Could it be of Pikachu? Will Shaco from League of Legends be in it?

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Has there been any new scuttlebutt on why my boy Vesper was suspended?
Guessing Vesper might hint at it once he's back. Either superchat thing or going over-time on the sponsored stream or just overall ignoring management's commands a few times and getting a big bonk for it.

Botan 3D model should also get nerfed because it's really filtering during concert
Her tits have water physics. They have to fix that shit its uncanny.

Is this the stuff sydsnap promoted? Also these filters... Japan is not good for her.
Pretty sure a bunch of people on Twitch have that shit. Inb4 2 years later its discovered that it causes cancer or some shit.

So, I got this on my feed. Wactor is launching an ES gen.
It's not HoloÑ, but it's close.
Given how Wactor keeps imploding... I expect nothing and I have a feeling I will be disappointed.

No idea who they are/were but another company bites the dust.

View attachment 6581View attachment 6582

No clue either. Never heard of them.

Watch as he returned into vtuber scene only to talk about which corpo vtubers has the best NSFWs. Or became hentai works reviewer.
Coomerbait content is cancer but it gets a ton of hits. If you manage to bypass monetization issues, you can make bank with it.

:incoming:

This motherfucker lost all credibility a while ago, but what grinds my gears is he fucking cried on stream like a fagoot, saying he would go away and yet he's still here.
So which one is it? Are you going to break your "promise" like a bitch or are you gonna keep your word and fuck off?
Given that only 5% of his following actually hated him after the backlash and the remaining 95% didnt really give a shit (so he probably overreacted) and he was getting he did the retarded thing and say he would graduate. He clarified in his "graduation" stream later that he was going to college on February 2023, he was burned out and starting to hate consuming vtuber content because he was no longer consuming it out of passion and it was all out of a responsibility to create content. So basically the same shit that happened to Gigguk and Animeman that despite loving anime, they barely make content related to it and they barely watch anime anymore.
So the overall takeaway was that he would step back from content creation but he would still release a few videos that were already in the works before the first week of December.

Wactor's roster is a fucking graveyard

Wactor bodycount
Mirai(2019): 3/5
2nd Gen (2021): 4/5
3rd Gen (2021): 2/3

Gate - 4th Gen (2022): 0/5
Gamers - 5th Gen (2022): 0/5
Boys Gen (2022): 0/5
Ñ (2022): 0/1
Jesus. It's like Menudo but instead of getting cut off once their balls drop, they get cut off once they hit the 1 year mark.

View attachment 6593
Seems like someone chose the right company to join.

Its crazy how fast they got monetization. That said, Airi still doesn't have Membership and that shit pisses me off.

Rin has skyrocket as my favorite not only of IdonEn but has never other girl has been this close and fast to possible Oshi-dom outside of Hololive as her and this just makes me love her even more, like she just has me shook at how much I like everything about her, and making unicors seethe is just my favorite thing to see.
I really enjoy her. Very cool pick and her model is adorable.

Very cool marketing practice, I can see why Idol got perms.

Why the fuck do IdolEN need game permisions other than
Talent - "Im going to Play X",
Manager - "Oh let me research if X game doesnt have anything offensive in it. Yeah its fine"

Believe it or not, Hime has some chops on VA, similarly to Connor. Dunno if she has actually done something professional with it
She has done VA for 2 TV series and 7 Videogames, according to her imdb page.
Posting the superior Hime

I would agree they are but at the same time they seem to have blown the most budget on a launch from any other corpo I have ever seen. This is what happens when you have Maio levels of budget but actually invest it properly instead on getting the girls Uber Eats.

Last edited:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Tomorrow we get a Pippa x Tenma, prepare yourselves for peak autism posting during regular Pipkin hours:
1669677559771.png

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Magni schedule

View attachment 6605

Ragus commission next, anyone want to guess what he'll ask for? Could it be a 1-to-1 accurate portrait of his darling sister? Could it be of Pikachu? Will Shaco from League of Legends be in it?
I can't believe Judge Magni is baiting Calli-senpai with a pot of lean like that.

In all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to the day Kobo and Regis get to meet - going to be the happiest "RAGUS" she's ever uttered. Hopefully he's ready to carry her so she doesn't drown in her tears.

kestraline

Early Adopter
The caramel idol is back from Texas:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Hopefully Idol doing well will put some pressure on the Fish to stop being a retard. Aside from maybe Tsunderia Phase has pretty much monopolised the small corpo scene, but this time around he's gonna have to actually work to attract the best talents for Gen 3.
In b4 Aviel buys out Phase Connect and Pippa converts to Judaism.

Though whether their RoI will be worth it remains to be seen.

Also, didn't Phase Connect do the same thing, way back when? Paying for ads in Holo & Niji vods?

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Lisa is looking to buy a wheel to stream some racing games.

Oh no Lisa, this can only go well. :smugpipi:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
one those people who actually think NNN is a real thing, not a joke - a real fucking movement.
Say that again, motherfucker, I dare you!

Ec4fQf1XoAEKifF.jpeg

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I wouldn't say Phase has monopolized the small Corp scene. AFAIK

• Prism Project
Was acquired by Sony Music Japan earlier this year. Despite the weird incident where Sara magically became a Gura Killer for a stream getting like 17k viewership for a minecraft stream and the minor bit of potential drama with Nia earlier (tl;dr, started hinting at graduating. Didn't follow through) They seem to be sailing smoothly.
Sole Graduate: Ushio Sumi.​
  • Production Kawaii
I would honestly say that despite the 3 graduates and the drama with the graduation of Neena Makurano (tl;dr broke contract willingly. Her genmates and seniors did not fuckin care lmao.) And the more saddening graduation of Aruru Gray (Personal Circumstances forcing her to retire) That Kawaii are honestly doing really well for themselves. They achieved the funding for the 3D debuts for Gen 1-2 and a 3D concert for them to boot. They debuted Gen3 in August and seem to be doing quite well!
Graduates: Aruru Gray, Hana Flores.​
Axed: Neena Makurano​
  • Cyberlive Aetheria
I am phone posting right now so I don't have the time to go in depth on this dumpsterfire but this corpo was the only one to actually fuckin die, Twice. Lumi and Yuri got lucky jumping ship.
  • Tsunderia
Earlier this year it seemed like they were bound to go the way of Cyberlive with over half their talents leaving to become indies and some of their managers going with them. However, they're still trucking just fine despite all of that shit earlier. I hope they still keep going strong despite this and maybe pick up a new gen of talents.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Watch as he returned into vtuber scene only to talk about which corpo vtubers has the best NSFWs. Or became hentai works reviewer.
I don't know about you guys but I'm looking forward to Depressed Nousagi's lolcow arc.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
nyaru has a sister named Olivia
interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom