"I used to intentionally speak lower because I felt the need to, and also, I was tryna imitate... one of my favorite cartoon characters... 'I wish I could be as powerful and threatening as her', I'm not gonna tell you, it's too cringe"Fujikura Uruka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
May I say something? I am still pleasantly surprised with low little unicorn presence we have here (by here i mean both TVA and Homeland). Only came across one in Homeland sperging out about male collabs, who claimed to be banned from /vt/, and he pretty much got clowned on by everyone.

I thought there would be more since I presume there is a significant user cross-over between here and /vt/. Heck I've seen more unicorns on reddit than here, their comments usually got downvoted to hell but they exist.
Oh don't worry, unicorns are like skeletons: there's one inside every one of us, just waiting to burst of the flesh and take over.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Oh don't worry, unicorns are like skeletons: there's one inside every one of us, just waiting to burst of the flesh and take over.
I recommend finding a good orthopedic doctor.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
The master of bland, unimaginative milketoast fanart has posted NewRyS as well. All I can think of is how grateful I am they didn't wreck her design like they butchered AZKi way back

JanAzuren09.jpg

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I'm going to be the contrarian here and say I don't really like the new Irys look. It's not bad, but I liked how unique she looked before.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
The master of bland, unimaginative milketoast fanart has posted NewRyS as well. All I can think of is how grateful I am they didn't wreck her design like they butchered AZKi way back

View attachment 6590
Her smug aura mocks you.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Praid

Just another idiot

Press X to doubt

Of course you have to be online all the time, that's where you work. Did she really not expect to be using social media and other similar tools to promote herself or to network with other vtubers? This seems like a very naive thing to say.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Of course you have to be online all the time, that's where you work. Did she really not expect to be using social media and other similar tools to promote herself or to network with other vtubers? This seems like a very naive thing to say.
She's a fucking 30-something-year old dumbass who only got roped into vtubing by her estranged manager. Total outsider to the scene. Bitch doesn't even appreciate that it's vtubing that got her the audience and reach to be the kind of tankie sperg she is on Twitter. Nobody'd give a fuck who she is/was without her first garnering her audience by just being the first-to-market on a metal-themed vtuber that actually churned out some content at first. Waste of a fucking great design on someone who's decided to sit on her laurels and constantly treats vtubing with disdain as opposed to an actual alternative path/career from being the English-teaching wage cuck that she is. She's been pretty adamant that she's more focused on releasing covers and her Spotify numbers and only does the occasional game stream in order to humor/please her existing fanbase.

For someone who constantly complains about hating how vtubing/streaming/online content creation forces you to be chronically online, she doesn't seem to find it hard to fucking bitch and whine all the time on Twitter about her drama with her former manager, about vtubing and about vtuber fans.

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I'm going to be the contrarian here and say I don't really like the new Irys look. It's not bad, but I liked how unique she looked before.
I knew I liked you for a reason other than you giving me another place to be an autist.

Jk but yeah I really still just can't get into it either. At least we still have Ame

download (11) (8).jpeg

SoundWave Superior

Is this the stuff sydsnap promoted? Also these filters... Japan is not good for her.
Okay so i wasn't going crazy i was like she got like plastic face mask on or something from her stream announcement picture
1669659204968.png

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Ollie karaoke

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Grabbed a funny moment from the Pippa/Panko collab. Haven't even finished watching the VOD yet, but this bit stood out.

These two have good chemistry. They play off of each other well. Looking forward to more collabs between them.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

I understand bro. I like the change but I also liked the old design for being different. I just didn't like how she got passed over for all the new outfit stuff that every other girl in the company has gotten so far and I hope this new design solves whatever problem they had in making her new outfits. Some of my favourite looks for holomem are alt costumes and I can't imagine how shit it must have felt to be in Irys' position seeing everyone else getting seasonal, new years, secondary outfits and 3d models and she's stuck with a cardboard standee, especially given how excited some have been about having the option to dictate elements of new outfits.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Okay so i wasn't going crazy i was like she got like plastic face mask on or something from her stream announcement picture
She's asked keeki for some pointers for the face filter thing, but ended up like looking she's caked up with makeup.
huge knockers tho.

Grabbed a funny moment from the Pippa/Panko collab. Haven't even finished watching the VOD yet, but this bit stood out.

These two have good chemistry. They play off of each other well. Looking forward to more collabs between them.

"co-co-co director" while peepa was silently seething was pretty fun. These two are great togheter, but timezones are a bitch.

Bros, I miss him.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
That's fair, I prefer the new one but in general I think the sheer difference in art style with the old model made her stick out awkwardly in collabs.

These two are great together, Panko's really good at playing along with the banter.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Yuko Yurei on suicide watch
I get that you mean she won't get as many viewers when Gura fans aren't starved for content, but she's a shrimp herself so it's more of a SAN RESTORED situation for her.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
file(120).png

Seems like someone chose the right company to join.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

kestraline

Early Adopter
Moe streaming Dragon Quest Builders 2:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom