"Somewhere in the world the 14 year old who made a Naruto vs Sasuke AMV backed by Linkin Park is married and happier than you"Dizzy Dokuro

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angry sushi

Early Adopter
He literally deepdoxed himself...
which photo you think the media will use to brand him as an incel and toxic masculinity for the future crimes he's about to commit at the discretion of 3 letter agencies?

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Oh by the way, @Scuddle , sorry for the mention, but is there any new stuff regarding the whole Roco from VTA thing? I know that you still probably busy and that you are still fact-checking what you have so far, but got myself curious since ANYCOLOR just dropped a new tweet regarding audition for their 4th 'wave' of students/aspiring vtubers-in-training (and still doing selection from 3rd audition, if the second tweet is correct). Not sure about the reactions so far, but I guess those who waited for Roco is probably coping again.

Just how far is the roco rabbit hole is it anyway?

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
In celebration of page 777, and since she got us here, here's what you're missing out if you never got to follow Lia's other account.
View attachment 5871
View attachment 5870
View attachment 5872
EDIT: Forgot to reply.
Dude, I didn't saw Lia roommate's previous pics, but I genuinely thought she was white! Is phase actually a CCP gay-ops?

Now for something more horrifying, the British panda bear streamer Shizukou is going in another direction.....and damn what a waste.

View attachment 5881
Imagine having a decent model (the one at the top), doing good numbers as a streamer (in the hundreds), and scoring some collabs with Nijisanji talent....and then she turns into another vshojo coomertuber look.

I fucking hate this shit, especially when I have watched her in the past. As far as I remember, no she didn't cater to the UOHH crowd, it's not that.

This is what happens when people like Ironmouse constantly change their models to stuff that looks way worse....everyone else has to jump on the band wagon.
View attachment 5880
I wonder if she got that funded with all the bilibili money she was raking in, she had some sort of partnership going on there for a while.

Oh and of course people are NOT happy about the redesign, and she makes clear her disdain for those posters.

View attachment 5882

View attachment 5883
It feels to me like she has done this partially because she is not getting clipped much, yet the fact is barely anyone does for small indies unless they get a fan clip channel that gains traction like what happened with fallenshadow's clip channel.

Most clippers only do the same few vtubers, or stick to the same few groups that are already clipped over and over again.

I blame Veibae and Shilily for this kind of metamorphosis. But chuubas see that this kind of things make number go up, so it's a logical step if they only care about numbers.

Gura's active on Twitter again, including linking to some Amogus X Holo merch.

Remember Gura said mane-chan would often use her TW account, like some pics, and shill some merch. Not every Gura interaction on TW is made by her.

That is a good idea. I am working on trying to get some good clips for her from the Drunk pokemon stream but its 6 fucking hours long.

Managed to get Nagzz to react to Erina in the hopes of getting some new people over to watch her.

1- Dude, help a brother out. I'm a full stream behind. Although I've already got the highlights while reading the thread, Shiina still doesn't have a dedicated timestamp commenter on YT.
2- Saw his reaction live, tho reaction is a weird way to put it, since he said absolutely nothing besides "Chat! Look respectfully". Honestly, I thought the "react" part of his streams were a bit longer, they spent more time on his fucking reddit than watching clips.

Last edited:

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
which photo you think the media will use to brand him as an incel and toxic masculinity for the future crimes he's about to commit at the discretion of 3 letter agencies?
Probably this one?
1669116865378.png

This and the self doxing prove that there are 45-year-old men (maybe older) who like to type like they are 14 from 2005.
1669116613104.png1669116710264.png1669116756622.png1669116810883.png1669117135509.png

1669116633718.png1669116687550.png1669116766020.png1669116948651.png1669116994326.png

1669116652706.png1669116722776.png1669116774001.png

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Oh by the way, @Scuddle , sorry for the mention, but is there any new stuff regarding the whole Roco from VTA thing? I know that you still probably busy and that you are still fact-checking what you have so far, but got myself curious since ANYCOLOR just dropped a new tweet regarding audition for their 4th 'wave' of students/aspiring vtubers-in-training (and still doing selection from 3rd audition, if the second tweet is correct). Not sure about the reactions so far, but I guess those who waited for Roco is probably coping again.

Just how far is the roco rabbit hole is it anyway?
I do have an update that I'll post later today.

Spoilers: my verdict is that a debut was supposed to happen, but something has gone horribly wrong behind the scenes.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Uruka is gone for a week to visit her folks.
At least the grinding blacksmith is still around

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
doog bday live now

This was originally supposed to be on October 1st but she had to push it back because she wanted to do the merch and stage designs completely by herself. I can see what she means cause that stage looks impressive and has 100% Korone energy. Boxer dog works hard.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
One of my guesses at this point on what happened is that Vesper's "I do this while my manager is asleep hee hee haa haa" kind of statements got found out and some ESL Japanese middle manager didn't see the sarcasm and playful banter and presumed it was actually a form of insubordination. Or it could be the Zomboid server, Solasta mod, or superchat rrat where Vesper just effectively becomes his own boss and overstepped his bounds by skimping on permissions by getting a little too hasty, so he needed to be made an example of. The boys might think it is dumb, but after a day they just went with it and they figure Vesper will be back in 2 weeks and we'll be back where we started. So it isn't worth getting upset about it, which I'd agree with to be honest.

Which if this line of reasoning is true then I don't mind the suspension, just the vagueposting creating an infesting rrat swarm from "I bet Vesper did something to the girls", or "Vesper is sexually harassing A-chan", or "Vesper is an edgelord and does edgy shit for attention until he got clapped by management, fuck that guy.", or my favorite "Vesper I don't know what you did, but do better." that I've seen floating around from people who clearly don't watch or like Vesper bothers me a little. That's more a community problem then a Cover problem though.
About the superchats. Vesper himself said that:
- He turned off superchats in a panic once
- Management banned him from turning superchats off for 6 months
- Management told him that any decision to turn off superchats should be made rationally
- He turned superchats off on member streams so as not to double dip and specifically did not tell management

Info from electronic elephant's recaps under the spoiler, shortened for relevance.
Vesper is banned from turning off superchats.
  • It's because of the time Vesper panicked and ended a stream because of superchats.
  • Vesper asked them why he can't turn of superchats when other holos can. They told him they trust other people to not turn of superchats in a panic, but Vesper is banned from turning them off for 6 months and they'll reevaluate then.
  • Managers told Vesper that the decision to turn of superchats should be a calm, rational decision. E.g. when doing a superchat reading stream, turning off superchats to be able to catch up to the end.
chat: "I like this no superchat chat. No hate on supas"
  • Vesper is testing this out and will keep superchats shut off in members streams until he gets caught and told not to. He feels weird about having them on in a stream where people are all already paying to be members.

So, that Vesper was doing this isn't a rrat. The rrat part is whether these specific actions have anything to do with the suspension. Very possibly not. It's very possible management still doesn't even know about it.

But knowing this, it's plausible that he was approaching other conflicts behind the scenes the same way. And if management explicitly tells you not to do something relatively serious (i.e. not just "Karen we said only 3 streams a week"), you know why they told you not to do it because you asked them and they told you, and you do it anyway with the stated intention of doing it until you get caught - it becomes much harder to say "I was just joking" when management has a real or perceived issue with you.

I'll add some speculation. If Takeshi couldn't tell when Vesper was joking (and as I've said above, Vesper muddied those waters himself), maybe Vesper couldn't tell when Takeshi was serious. Cultural and language issues cut both ways.

The rrat-ing is definitely a community problem. We can have our opinions about what could have been done better or phrased better, but really, people still use Rushia as a "corpo bad" hammer when the termination notice was clear as day that she broke NDA.

Speaking of turning off superchat, Ame used to not have superchat on for every stream. I don't know if she still do this because I usually watch streams on Holodex with chat off. I think she might have mentioned on stream that she has to have superchat on for every stream because of rule change. Don't quote me on that though. I feel like Cover used to more lax towards people not having superchat on.

Nah, she didn't mention anything about any sort of rule change when it comes to superchat.

Mumei also just mentioned that she is going to try turning off superchat when reading it too.
See above - Holos can turn off superchats as long as they have (or can make up) better reasons than "I panicked".

This hasn't been posted here yet but it's also quite expected news, the last UPROAR!! member Yatogami Fuma will be having his 3D debut this Saturday and info from Uyu's 3D debut last week revealed that there will be a group 3D collab with the rest of UPROAR!! on 12/3 where they're going to introduce their basecamp look (similar to how the HoloX 3D debut relay goes)

Uyu's 3D debut stream in case people are missing out, all of uproar's 3D debut has been really solid so far and Uyu still lives up to the expectation. Looking forward to Fuma's 3D this week

Uyu had a segment where he had to play spot the difference and staff would shock him with a shock cuff if he got it wrong. It's probably not Internet-enabled so no use to Kiara unfortunately

doog bday live now

I can't believe Koyori caught rabies and Korone kicked her to death in self-defence.

Last edited:

yuckyyaki

Yabai enthusiast
Yet more proof that shounenfags are schizos.
Anyway, it always makes me a bit sad when these sorts of people are revealed to be fully grown adults instead some kid whose parents let them get carried away with the iPad. I'd wish for better mental health care but I don't think these people would get help even if it was as easy as going to mcdonalds.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
You could put the weeb photos and the tough guy photos on separate accounts and I would presume it was two different people, neither of whom I would ever want to interact with.

vestars20

Early Adopter
I do have an update that I'll post later today.

Spoilers: my verdict is that a debut was supposed to happen, but something has gone horribly wrong behind the scenes.
Wonder if she will/can hop to another agency. If you want to search it's 鏑木ろこ.
From Scuddle's last post here is the English version of the Anycolor contact page:
https://www.anycolor.co.jp/en/contact - "Note carefully that we will not respond to any questions about the Virtual Talent Academy or Liver auditions."
- the "note carefully" sounds so passive aggressive in English. If VTA had any EN fans I would have loved a #RocoDoko - good combo.
VTA is a cool concept and pretty damn successful - I would sign up for it before a Sony or Brave or 774 contract. Looking forward to more from them and if Roco pops up that'll be cool too. I didn't watch her but this saga and her debut is endearing

Korone live was Korone but more importantly if I had to pick one person to play a game if I made one - it'd be her. Game devs love her for a reason. Also, Korone dancing athleticism vs. Duck dancing performance.

Duck's dance teacher def modifies stuff to pop for vtubers

Last edited:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
EDIT: Forgot to reply.
Dude, I didn't saw Lia roommate's previous pics, but I genuinely thought she was white! Is phase actually a CCP gay-ops?
Mix of Japanese and Puerto-Rican, supposedly.

Speech To Text

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
This guy definitely stalks women in full Naruto garb inside a vape shop and can’t be within a 500 ft radius of a school or park.
1669122140282.png

Whatever could've given you that idea, I wonder? Do add daycares to that list as well, though.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Phase 3.5
Kaburaki Doko?
This will be something of an in-between post and a refresher. The amount of time this mini-series can continue is limited to the time it'll take for Nijisanji to churn out a new wave and put to bed the fate of VTA's bun-haired starlet; but with no clear gauge on when or where a debut may happen, I feel it's prudent to bring up new info as it arrives.

So first, let's take a step back and take stock of the events as they happened:
• Oct. 7: VTA announced a two-week break from streams. Fans begin to assume that a new wave is on the way, with Kaburaki Roco chief among those expected.
• Oct. 21: VTA resumes activity. Three students in Kaburaki Roco, Kuramochi Meruto, and Warabi Raika are absent from the updated schedule.
• Oct. 24: The archives of the missing students are privated. Fans speculate a debut is imminent.
• Oct. 25: Hidekazu Tanaka of MONACA fame, and an active cooperator with Nijisanji, is arrested for allegedly stalking and committing sexual deviance on a minor in a Tokyo park.
• Oct. 31: Auditions for Gen 3.5 are announced, but will not become students. Instead, successful applicants will simply be trained behind the scenes and debuted.
• Nov. 5-12: Former VTA graduates may or may not have accidentally alluded to the imminent arrival of Kaburaki Roco.
• Nov. 13: The day that aligned perfectly with the debuts of Ranunculus and Voltaction. Many considered this to be the last week for their debut before all hope was lost. A debut never came.

At some point in the last week or so, however, a discovery was made that could very well have busted this case wide open, and I have attempted to the best of my ability to verify its legitimacy or, in the case I couldn't do so, dig further to see what I could find, here are my findings:

Recently, three YouTube channels were discovered:
Youtube.com/@KaburakiRoco
Youtube.com/@KuramochiMeruto
Youtube.com/@KoyanagiRou

We will get to the last one in due time. From hereonout, my explanations may become a bit technical. For now, though, take a look at the creation date of the first two accounts. October 24. The day their VODs were privated.

As some of you may know, YouTube @ Handles work more similar to Twitter than they do to Discord/Steam: only you can have that name. Some sharp-eyed people may have also noticed that, when changing your Handle, your channel defaulted to the name you used when you first created the account. It is also important to note that you can customise your Channel URL as you see fit. This is why pretty much every V-Tuber you look at has their original names as their handles - it's because that's the name they used to make the account, and therefore couldn't get sniped.

So what does this all mean? Well, even though I couldn't find channels beyond the three listed above, I did attempt to change my own username to VTA members using the same SurnameForename nomenclature Nijisanji uses. KusakabeAzusa, IshigamiNozomi, TsuyuzakiTsuyu etc. All 'unavailable' to be used, even though such a handle leads to a dead end. I believe this is because VTA preemptively save all of their usernames, and then veil the channels behind random URLs so they can't be found - in short, I believe these channels to legitimately belong to VTA, though I will hold out on the possibility they they may still be fake.

There is one student whose name was available, though: Warabi Raika. I typed in WarabiRaika, WarabiLaika, WallabyRaika, and WallabyLaika. No matches. It's possible their name was changed and that's why they can't be found, but it's also possible that they may have more to do with this mystery than it appears.

But what about the third channel? Koyanagi Rou is a 2nd Gen recruit and, objectively speaking, one of the less popular ones. He's a gamer that posts VALORANT montages on the VTA channel, and his channel was created on Nov. 16 - almost a whole month later.

So my verdict is this: On Oct. 24, the channels were made in preparation for an imminent debut. It is unclear if their channels were public straight away or if that is a new development. Something happened at the same time - either Tanaka's arrest, or the sudden quitting of Warabi Raika - that froze it dead in its tracks. If it was due to Raika, then it would make sense that Rou has been given the call-up to debut in his stead, and the time needed to prepare has thrown the whole fucking schedule way out of shape.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
It felt like the stage was designed specifically for that last performance of Doggy God's Street. The live itself was even called Doggy God's Party. Doog did great though, impressive choreography as usual and her song selection forever reminds me that I'm an old fuck.

Some screenshots of the stage and her new hat based on the MV:
4829473696.jpg
472957302.jpg
4729472947.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom