"Don't be a lesbian wwwww"Kazama Iroha

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

USS IOWA

Hololive's official bilibili channel uploaded the recent hologra
They really are trying to go back to chinkland
If they are succesful, I hope they do not sperg when someone accidentally says Taiwan.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
With how hard the jong people went on this I wonder just how much money phase got out of this and if any ended in the girls pockets.
I presume the girls got paid to play jong and Phase got paid for the use of their IP and character designs in-game. I don't know how much they got paid but I'm sure the advertisers at Mahjong Soul got their money's worth - the girls played the game several times a week for several weeks, pushed the game on their socials, threw money at the gacha to get their pngs, and enticed a bunch of their fans to learn the game to play with them.

I'm glad the girls got their payday and I'd like to see more sponsorships happen for them.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Who will be the next martyr, I wonder…

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
well fuck :painpeko:

can someone take me outback and shoot me
Wait, you're serious? I thought you were joking and playing into the bit when you recommended him...
-Kronii and irys went to a cafe together (she didn't specify the type, now we know because of irys it was a butler cafe), irys's lips tremble when she cringes (probably weird RP from the cafe).
-Kronii wants to go to a "friend experience cafe" to gaslight the waiter/waitress.
I think it was mentioned here before when IRyS talked about it but I'm not sure, so, just in case: a "friend experience cafe" is like a maid cafe, but instead of maids, the waiters and waitresses are amateur actors and they pretend like you have been friends forever. You go into the cafe and they are like, "Oh man! I haven't seen you in so long, how have you been?!" and then you just play along and act like you're friends (probably works better if you yourself follow the 'yes, and...' rule of improv).

It sounds like torture to me personally, but I think the funniest bit of it is that you can order 'the usual' off of the menu, and since they don't actually know you, you just get whatever random thing the chef decides to make (probably based on what ingredients they have on hand that they need to get rid of, but it's more fun to think of it as actually random).

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
A blink and you'll miss it tweet from Pandora.
View attachment 41047
I think we all know why she tweeted this...
Jesus Christ woman, what the actual fuck? Maybe her manager should restrict access to her account similar to how Bao's manager basically did the same when she was sperging out over some Vietnam language bullshit a few weeks ago. The drama is not really about her as a Vtuber, and more against shit her company is doing.

I think I tweeted about how this whole shit would only end up hurting the Vtuber emotionally.

I don't know if I've actually watched Pandora, but JFC, just do your thing and don't give a fuck. Some people would say the same thing if you got in a big corpo with a big boost, or put out a viral short, or got raids from big streamers or any other thing that gives you some views and none of it really means shit. Just do your streams, people either like it or they don't.
I watched her a few times before. She is extremely cute, soft-spoken, and very talented. Honestly, the only reason she didn't blow up harder is because her company was shit. Hell, this probably applies to every Cyberlive girl. Don't really care about the Lumi drama or anyone's perception of what happened during that, the facts are facts. They are all top-tier talents but they need good management and a company to back them up and promote them. This is why everyone that made it into IdolEN is doing 10 times better than what they were doing back when they were with Cyberlive.

Regardless of the drama around the girl behind Aura, I think the controversy over the embed is fucking retarded. It is their VTuber and their browser, why wouldn't they try to push her as much as possible?

Edit: plus, if I thought otherwise, then that would be sharing an opinion with this soyboy:

My main problem with this is with Advertisers. You pay to get your ads played and 90% of what you pay for goes into the trash because its people that are not actually watching the stream.

I posted this shit earlier on Twitter
1692603435260.png
1692603460925.png

This is Fextralife with "37k viewers" according to the counter. They were the top streamer for Baldur's Gate on Twitch. I was checking the chat for 1 minute and they got about 7 messages. 4 of which were mods welcoming a new person to the stream. It's a dead stream. I have seen people with 100 ccv with a more active chat than that. Everyone hates ads but this shit will end up triggering another ad-pocalypse which will end up hurting EVERYONE on the site.

I saw a tweet going around saying her manager or whoever is in charge of the vtuber thing is a known viewbotter and that their response was similar to linus "fuck off, we didn't boost her views in a shady way, we just embedded our ad somehwere most users don't really see"
Regardless of how I feel about a cyberlive whore, the company did her dirty out the gate by being chinese about their debut. It's fair game and all but it never looks good on you. I don't really see the point of having a living mascot for what they sell, the girl who is the mascot for that game company has more longevity since she has to play and shill their games but opera girl will probably be out of a job when they realize having a gamer browser is retarded.
You are not starting off on the right foot when you do shit like this. Additionally, Opera is well aware of what they are doing. This was not a "whoopsie daisy we did a fucky wucky" type of situation. This is deliberate.

Bitch, you aren't special. People have talked about people abusing embed streaming numbers across multiple streaming communities. You are just seemingly the first vTuber to try it.

Dunno, lemme go check.

I've never once interacted with the bitch! :whatastory:

The hilarious part is that the best response to this whole drama, much like the above commnet, is coming from Pippa.

She is a mascot promoting a product. It's just a smart business move. Period, end. That's all they should have said. Trying to weasel around with semantics like they did is just making it worse.

This girl needs someone else to manage her Twitter and she also has to learn to handle criticism especially when it's aimed at her company and not really directed at her. In this past month or two if feels like she has blocked thousands of people. While Twitter follows don't directly translate to active watchers it blocking people there will limit reach. People cant see your shit, people cant see your schedule and you might as well not exist on the internet.

I can understand the backlash a bit tho. Of course we all understand Opera would boost their own vtuber's debut views. But to then claim the record on twitch with that boost.. no one is gonna respect that. I don't think there'd by anyone angry if opera didn't post about breaking twitch with 70k viewers. It's the same as Microsoft claiming IE was the top browser back in the day.. only cus it came pre-installed on all Windows machines, and now they're getting beat by Chrome just makes it sad.
Not gonna lie, if I was in her position I would viewbot the fuck out of my streams. Is it moral? Probably not. Is it allowed? Totally (since Twitch hasn't done shit about it and I doubt they will until advertisers clap back).

GX Corner is a page of the browser that can't be closed, only minimized to the sidebar. In the second tweet they clearly say:

This would play the stream regardless of Twitch account and requires opt-out.

Honestly I don't even think the embed is a big deal, just be directly upfront that you're embedding to promote her to users of your browser. That's a legit use of embeds.
I thought GX Corner was the homepage. Oh shit this is even more scummy then.

Good Night Asylum.
The end of the world will come the day that Brave also uses a vtuber and its not a Cool Lion but a whore from Cyberlive.
View attachment 41066
BRAVE LOVE (for now)

Kirsche is one of the few people that still supports Nano and has actually helped get people to Nano's channel with a collab. I don't think it's a good idea for Nano to ditch one of her few actual friends.

Of course, Nano will do the exact opposite of this in her quest to become the next two-view.
Nano needs to stop being retarded when it comes to shit people say on Twitter. It's never great to see people shitting on someone you like. The first instinct is to go bat for that person because they are your friend (or coworker/acquaintance). As annoying as it may seem when you see someone critique someone you like the best course of action is to ignore it. Don't engage, don't reply, don't touch the poo (unless the person is directly harassing you by constantly tagging you and spamming your replies which at that point you just mute them).

Usually, most drama dies down after a day or two. By blocking the person you just killed any and all engagement that might come from them plus anyone else that might be agreeing with that original post. As annoying as it may seem, when you are a low CCV vtuber, you depend on these people as they are usually the most passionate (hence why they tend to sperg out the most when controversial shit happens).

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I could have sworn I've read that every Hololive accounts on Bilibili are run by "fans", despite having the word "official" on them.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Holodex having issues, so far I think Zeta may be the first in Hololive to play BG3.

She's gonna be a Paladin.

Massive Pekora plush.
1692605345589.jpeg

Last edited:

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I could have sworn I've read that every Hololive accounts on Bilibili are run by "fans", despite having the word "official" on them.
I logged in to auto translate the comments and they all seem to be shocked that the official channel is back after three years and a bunch of cheeky fucks asking what year is it and jokes about HL remembering their lost password.

Last edited:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Alright, got what I wanted, I'm done with this game.
1692604731154.png

Short

God Damn the Sun

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

UberSoldat

Thus passes Azura Cecilia, Miyu's closest nijiID mate and one third of Lanneesans.
In September 3 Nara Haramaung wil leave and Layla will be left as the sole survivor.
I expect everyone except Mika to graduate in the near future, even Hana. That does mean losing Bobon though.............

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I logged in to auto translate the comments and they all seem to be shocked that the official channel is back after three years and a bunch of cheeky fucks asking what year is it and jokes about HL remembering their lost password.
To be more accurate, the channels were ran by fans but given the "okay" by Cover to call themselves "official", here's a long write-up about it. Obviously all of this went out of the window after Cover abandoned China, the channels went rogue and eventually abandoned. What I'm trying to say is that some of those "fans" may still have access to the account and can do whatever with it.

Anyway, I compared the latest video to the last one uploaded years ago. The latest one seems "lower effort", there are no JP subtitles, and the video description is also shorter (older videos include link to all the past videos). Basically, I'm still skeptical if this has anything to do with Cover.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
View attachment 41047

Opera's handling of this nonsense is making me feel bad for Aura, regardless of what she might have done in the past. She doesn't deserve to catch any of the spastic backlash about this. I'm sure she didn't ask for her debut CCV number to have an asterisk next to it.

-A dude approached her and said she's his type, she then left and called her manager to ask if the dude was trying to sell her something, and her manager told her he may have been trying to get her to a bar so she would spend a lot of money.

Yes, there's a good chance of that. If you're ever in Japan and a friendly or attractive person meets you in the street and tries to pull you into a bar, get out of there. At best you'll be given an inflated bill for watered-down drinks and pressured or threatened until you pay. At worst you'll be slipped a date rape drug and robbed. I've heard this happens in China too, except they might try to get you to take part in an "authentic Chinese tea ceremony" instead - I guess because watered-down tea is even cheaper than watered-down booze.

edit: Real man should use netscape to browse internet

Also real men use Lynx to browse the web, not that netscape, with it's "images" and "CSS"

What was that actual fucking airi I literally thought shiina jelly or Pippa would win

Ma boomas.

Regarding the Idol numbers reveal. I posed this reply to the original tweet. Unfortunately I did not get an answer to it. Make of it what you may.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Also her schedule. Baldur's gate collab, armored core, advent collab with the new phasmo update.
Damn, that's a really strong schedule for the week. Sucks the BG3 collab is super early in the morning but I guess that's expected for doing long collabs with people in JP and EU timezones.
What you know about pain...
maxresdefault.jpg
The RC helicopter missions in Vice City or San Andreas were honestly never that bad. I know people meme about that and the train mission being the hardest shit ever but that's just a skill issue. The only mission that was legitimately tough was the one where you had to fly a fighter jet across the map and stay low altitude to avoid sonar. Since you're moving so fast, the PS2 couldn't keep up and would load trees right in front of you.
Imagine a company getting one-guyed to death.
Blizzard was getting one-guy'd by Asmongold for like a solid 2 years when they use to have a company-wide ban on him because he was so negative despite being a lifelong fan and addicted to their shit. He wasn't invited to any major community interactions for a lot of their stuff despite being one of the most prominent figures and their own devs ranted about him on twitter. Blizzard was obviously going downhill regardless of Asmon but he put a spotlight on them and signal boosted their fuckups to everyone, which accelerated the player exodus.
Their whole shtick is that they are a "browser for gamers" whatever that means. Most gamer-branded things usually act retarded, so it isn't much of a surprise.
Everything I've heard about Opera makes it fitting to call them the Alienware of browsers.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
Aura is live playing Euro Truck Sim 2, she's sitting around 3500-4k viewers if anyone is curious about how she's doing post-debut.

Zentreya also popped into chat and seems pretty supportive of her.
Now we'll see how far her talents will take her now that the botting has stopped.
Triggerpoint, one of Kirsche's community members, was talking a bit today on Twitter about how Aura viewbotted and why Aura has Pippa blocked on Twitter. He found out this morning that Nano/Yuri has blocked him on Twitter.

https://archive.li/k3gS3 - Archive since tweet was pulled

This is wild considering he's seemingly a fan of Nano and has actually commissioned her to draw Chibis for Kirsche before.

This is leading more creedance to the "Cyberlive Mean Girls Club" rrat that's been floating around since Nano was booted from Phase. Not a good look overall.

You don't understand. This is all apart of her plan. She's going to get the view bots from her friend Aura to buy her merch and be rolling in cash. Sakana, Pippa, and the lemon woman will kneel to her genius plan and beg her to come back. Kirsche will then applaud her for becoming the indie-vtuber-messiah and bringing in a new age of Indie Talent Freedom, as predicted by Dopamine-deficient Oryctolagus cuniculus.
Total Nano Victory!
They're all part of that leaked DM where they were talking shit to Lumi too.
My gut feeling of Yuri being a Polish Jew is becoming stronger with all the Jewish behavior she's been displaying the past few months.
Nano strikes me as the type who doesn't think more than a few minutes ahead, and cosying up to the other Cyberlive leftovers is just that in action. I don't dislike her, I just think she's dumb.
Nano's that retarded friend you have that is loyal but very freakin' dumb. Like Hodor from GOT.
Damn homie you cold blooded

Yeah I was gonna say I've seen Menace get a fairly constant wave of superchats and members. Meanwhile in Yuko's corner, she mostly gets members and streamelements tips. However the others at a glance don't even get those. Like looking at Katta's numbers it doesn't surprise me that she has to have another full time job.

rrat

Flavor folks are always sus, however Lolime from what I've seen is doing a decent job of hiding it if he is "here". One specific instance I recall was a convo between him and another vtuber, where she was trying super hard to hide her powerlevel. Meanwhile he acted like he didn't know what the fuck she was talking about. So if he did know what she was talking about he did a really good job of hiding his powerlevel. I would need to see more cases but I wouldn't let paranoia smack you in the face, this forum is still fairly small in the grand scheme of things and while we know that Kirsche, Pippa, Shiina and Rie read this forum I wouldn't assume that others do without them slipping up and saying it
Homie, I know you hornier than Wilt Chamberlain locked in solitary in this current character arc. But there are millions of non-retard chinks out there with cracker fever. Yuri got all them debuffs. Now if she was proved to be hot then eh whatever, but we don't really know that man. Unless @Titanosaurus again is hiding critical information.

I mean if she is hot then in that case I guess we can just pretend she is ESL like most chinks

Nano's chunky. She's also a chink. Have you seen a chunky chink? Just imagine a piglet with slanted eyes and a bowl cut.

Idk about you fags but the more jewlord tries to convince me about how incredible and generous his corpo is the less I like and believe him. Maybe it's because I'm a fucking hardheaded mule but whenever somebody acts like a saint I always default to distrusting them. Say what you will about cover and anykara, atleast we know their flaws and weaknesses, this guy is revealing his hand how he wants people to see it, he controls the flow of info so he can never get caught with his pants down, such crafty and scheming people are the type I would never put my trust on.
Jewlord only want one thing: He wants to poach talents from the other agencies in an inderect manner. Knowing the current state of NÏGGERSANJI EN, he's doing all this to show his agency is better than them.

Only time will tell if his gambit worked.

Wow this dad is really wondering where did it go wrong with his son's life in this picture.

A
View attachment 41036

Dad is semi proud, at least his son is not a tranny.

View attachment 41047
Aura GX graduation speedrun any%.

well fuck :painpeko:

can someone take me outback and shoot me
Sandy the Tranny Whisperer, it's a grim fate but it's yours to bear.
It's an exceptional talent to be able to metal detect in the internet and all you've been finding is penis.

Jesus christ this drama about opera chuuba is so silly.
Polish_20230821_145746733.jpg

Fucking Rpr
Nigga its in everything.
Under my bed .In Bolivia.In Shibuhal Customs.In Cambodia.In CR events.In Croatia.In Japanese Servers.WTF
I honestly respect that, he actually gets around and isn't afraid to collab with smaller people instead of just trying to get into the pants of AnyCover or Vshojo or some big twitch indie clique. I wish all bandwagoners did this, integrate into the community, respect the culture, learn about the people and get around as much as possible to really do your reps, instead of just going "HEYA GUYSSSS I'M A VTUBERRRR NOW!!! WOOO!".

Be the CHAD, not thr commie virgin.
Polish_20230821_153611243.png

If they are succesful, I hope they do not sperg when someone accidentally says Taiwan.
Don't bet on it. Chinks are retarded patriots, they'll sperg on anything that seems disrespectful to muh China.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
The RC helicopter missions in Vice City or San Andreas were honestly never that bad. I know people meme about that and the train mission being the hardest shit ever but that's just a skill issue. The only mission that was legitimately tough was the one where you had to fly a fighter jet across the map and stay low altitude to avoid sonar. Since you're moving so fast, the PS2 couldn't keep up and would load trees right in front of you.
It's not about "skill issue". The thing is, the gameplay scripts were designed for 30 fps (like on ps2). And when you were playing on a PC, the game would slow down or speed up(depending on fps), that was interfering with the mission.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Archive

Here's the Idol Corp. talent cut.

tl;dr - 60% direct payment, 15% reserved for expenses, 25% to the company. Sponsorships and merch sales are handled separately.

Well, we know from Niji how that can go...

It's absolutely a good deal to pass on merch in favour of youtube income when you're small, mind. Judging by what we've seen from Cover and Anycolor, merch takes over for people in the 4 to 5view range (and not immediately; takes a year or two before it really gets going). 3views, not so much.
Its probably because its not particularly an exceptional deal. Its around the standard, so it ends up being kind of weird for him to make a big deal about it.
Well, standard relative to Cover.

We know dickall about the terms in other corps.

It's entirely possible that startup corps providing shit terms get screwed over by this, while other startup corps (Hi, Miao! How's UwU TV doing?) realise "Oh shit, my menhera girls are exploiting me!"
Doesn't Phase Connect generally have better numbers and share a cut from just about everything?
I recall some of the girls mentioning voice packs having the smallest cut to the fish, then memberships and superchats being the highest with something like 25%.
Aviel trying to flex only for Sakana to reverse would be pretty funny.
Suisei has finally experienced the dark side of :holohag::hololove:

It occurs to me that Marine should do a watchalong of Harold and Maude. Show the Ichimi what real dedication to their oshi is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom