General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
She didn't enjoy it. But orders are orders though.

View attachment 39718
I knew it, the whole "time traveler detective, teehee" bullshit was a cover story all along, she's really a blade runner. :ameraintear:
You have a better chance of taking Michael Cat out on a date than nijisanjij selling Selen her assets.
> You have a better chance of taking Michael Cat out on a date
So you're saying... there is a chance. :menhera:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
time to shill the stinky brit tomat again

shes playing something im quite interested these days

Saturnus

haha it's unou
The uoh poster fears the power of a hag?
Lolicons fear superior hag/Xmas Cake women. Their minds cannot comprehend that level of maturity.
I have to say, I knew Rin's audience skewed young, but the amount of shit I saw popping off when she mentioned the word asexual has made me have to recatagorize it as Tumblr/Twitter youth. :airidepressed:
She plays Splatoon and has a very high amount of autism for the game. Splatoon's community is absolutely full of that crowd in the west. More than normal for a Nintendo game fandom.
some of her fanart also looks tumblr as fuck
Her thumbnail for this stream really looks Tumblr-esque tbh.

WeTawks

Another day another instance of Reddit being exemplary. Now they are big mad that Kiara isn't taking the Pokemon Unite tournament seriously enough, as if EN ever had a chance of winning.

I'm going to go against the grain and although I didn't watch the stream I do sympathize with the Redditor if he or she wasn't overreacting. Cute vTubers doing cute things when it comes to entertaining by competition it doesn't matter the game nor placing, to me the content comes from seeing how she approaches and learns the game be it Minecraft, Mario Kart, Street Fighter, chess, tic-tac-toe, etc. I'm not asking for vTubers to approach all competitive games being sweaty and analyzing frame data or increasing APMs but if Kiara was actually being dismissive of the Pokemon game then why should I care to tune in, to root for her and her team especially if she isn't the only one in her team with contempt towards a game they were invited to play.

The complete opposite was Korone learning Street Fighter 6 and her learning how to play with JP which culminated with her actually pull off JP's zoning and had glimpses in executing his setplay in real matches was riveting stuff. It didn't matter if she got swept but seeing a competitive environment that everyone was vested in and having fun is one of the best competitive vTuber streams I've seen and would like to see that for the EN side of vTubers.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Rin is very much in my "I never pay attention to the chat" column for vTubers. She's never really interacted with her chat as much as other streamers, so I've just not bothered. I rarely chat for most streamers anyways. Beyond a certain size chatting is basically just pissing into the ocean.
If you don't chat you'll never one-guy your oshi though.

Simp

Getting a feel for things is fine but yes read the damn tooltips especially if your gonna complain later not sure how much she complained if at all but not having a base level competence and expecting to do good never comes off right.
0. Zero. Null. That is the times Kiara complained in the stream. I was busy so could not watch the stream until just a bit ago, but i read the coments here and some of the reddid comments, and they painted a vastly different picture then the actual stream. i was shoked and suprised, coments exaggerating never happened before! Yes Kiara said "No dun wanna" two times to Fauna, when she told her to read the skills. Also Kiara read the skills of the Pokemon she decided to play for the tournament. On stream. Yes Kiara is not a tryhard about this, but she has fun, and when she agreed to bee part of it, she assumed it was casual. Well her mistake, JP do not know how to have a casual tournmament, but still.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
It's not too late for Bijou to make a surprise appearance on the EN team for Pokemon Unite

this is how they win

Awoogers

I knew it, the whole "time traveler detective, teehee" bullshit was a cover story all along, she's really a blade runner. :ameraintear:

> You have a better chance of taking Michael Cat out on a date
So you're saying... there is a chance. :menhera:
do you really want to go out with someone who will actually just stab you because you are breathing the same air as another woman

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
do you really want to go out with someone who will actually just stab you because you are breathing the same air as another woman
Eh, sure. When you put it that way it sounds like a good time

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
time to shill the stinky brit tomat again

Her voice is nice but it totally clashes with her model. She needs something far more mature-looking.

Awoogers

Her voice is nice but it totally clashes with her model. She needs something far more mature-looking.
well if we consider the coomerbait squid as mature looking then we have that but we dont talk about that part

ogey_rrat

ogey

maxresdefault.jpg

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
As much as I love Selen and Dragoon culture, at this point I'm rooting and waiting for the swap back to Dokibird. Especially if it means she'll be happier. My only problem is that I really really don't wanna go back to Twitch... 😓

Short

God Damn the Sun

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Unironically would suit her better if it wasn't so coombaity.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
A bunch of top billing actors donated 15 mil to Sag to distribute to the little guys the strike is in for the long haul

See, I can dig people like DiCaprio, Rock "The Dwayne" Johnson and everyone else on that list putting their money where they mouth is and helping the fraction of people that could use corporations to pinch less pennies.

But for every one of them, there's people like fucking Mark Ruffalo, who dresses like a hobo for a photo op and bitches online to guilt people that aren't fuck money millionaires into donating, instead of actually helping out. Fuck him and every jackass like him, I hope they step on a particularly sharp lego.

I know the union talk is long past i just needed to point this out. I couldn't find a current number of Sag-Aftra members but their record high last year was 171,151 members, rounding that down to 150,000 for ease and that $15,000,000 dollars works out to $100 per member. If you look at by what each individual gave its 6.66 cents per member. That money ain't gonna last long, and they didn't do it to actually help; they did it because $1,000,000 is nothing to their bank accounts but it makes them look good (like they really care) so when they come out of the strike still rich, holding down jobs, and smelling like daisies they don't catch flak for it.

I think its a different culture.
Ayame felt really bad when she lost A FUCKING SHOWMATCH against RBC and Shion so she changed her sub account profile pic to this because of it:
View attachment 39699
There where prizes of course but i think that breaking down for losing in a game its not really healthy.
Im not aware if there is a prize for the Pokemon tournament but even so Japanese people are used to LOSE = SHAME.

The way it has been explained to me is the shame doesn't come from you losing, if you legitimately tried your hardest and did everything you could to prepare and lost anyway their isn't much shame in that. But if you half ass it, didn't prepare, treated it like a joke, or fell for a obvious trap and that causes some else (who probably did try) that's what causes the shame. Its letting down others that causes the shame.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Unironically would suit her better if it wasn't so coombaity.
Coomerbait or pedobait, choose one, there are no in-betweens.
0. Zero. Null. That is the times Kiara complained in the stream. I was busy so could not watch the stream until just a bit ago, but i read the coments here and some of the reddid comments, and they painted a vastly different picture then the actual stream. i was shoked and suprised, coments exaggerating never happened before! Yes Kiara said "No dun wanna" two times to Fauna, when she told her to read the skills. Also Kiara read the skills of the Pokemon she decided to play for the tournament. On stream. Yes Kiara is not a tryhard about this, but she has fun, and when she agreed to bee part of it, she assumed it was casual. Well her mistake, JP do not know how to have a casual tournmament, but still.
Expecting people to actually review the primary source before enacting judgement? HAHA! Oh you surely jest...

smartestkidontheshortbus

Stunned But Dumb

Didn't this also happen to chibidoki or am I misremembering? She got pressured into getting a more adult model which she later dropped, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom