"I'm single and available to whoever will have me; I accept invitations to dinner, to the movies and dancing, I love dancing; Also loving is sharing and you can share me with everyone else!"Banzoin Hakka's mom

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Cross-posting this from the HoloAdvent thread since I think this is too interesting not to share here.
Apparently the "Project Director" of HoloEN posted this on LinkedIn.

What I'm more interested is if we know anything more about this person. From his profile page he joined Cover at December 2022, Omega's replacement perhaps?
I dont like he is chinese, never trust a bug

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Jesus fucking christ woman you need to get a well deserved rest after blahaj week

Horo7618

No one in particular
I dont like he is chinese, never trust a bug
His entire work and college career has been in Japan, he doesn't particularly look like a CCP drone....

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Cross-posting this from the HoloAdvent thread since I think this is too interesting not to share here.

Apparently the "Project Director" of HoloEN posted this on LinkedIn.

What I'm more interested is if we know anything more about this person. From his profile page he joined Cover at December 2022, Omega's replacement perhaps?
Surprised they let him publicly post this. Usually even managers are supposed to be incognito. I think Isuzu from Legend of Polka is the only Holostaffer we have ever seen the face of, unless I am missing something.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Something I saw this morning that was interesting. At the beginning of the month RPR raided into Lam's chat and it seems a unicorn complained about him doing so. It made him go on a spiel about unicorns and it seems he thinks the hololive fans are less toxic than compared to niji fans when it deals with doing stuff with their oshi's.

In addition to what @La+ de Central Norte said; I also think it's because, for all the posts people make about Holo being idols and no men or whatever, the percentage of real unicorns is absolutely miniscule. Kronii's unicorn death arc could've been entirely avoided had she not given them the time of day, and it was only an issue and continues to be one because she acknowledged it and emboldened both the real ones and the troll ones. The only place you even see unicorn behavior en masse is /vt/ and with that you can't even verify if it's trolling or just one guy posting etc. When looking at actual streams there's only ever like one or two comments if it's ever brought up at all. I don't watch Niji enough to know what it feels like in their overall atmosphere, but with Holo it definitely seems like the likelihood of some mass unicorn attack against you is almost non-existant. I guess maybe RPR expected to get shit on more for his interaction with Holo's and didn't receive it, and is surprised he's getting it from a place he didn't expect? Feel like his statement is too overly broad to some extent.

I think it was after she butchered Gura's catshark outfit. She may have done one more rig after that, but it was really the catshark that sent it over the edge.
Then I'll need to thank her for helping to create one of my favorite Gura images
gawr rhombus.jpg

100% speculation, but I'm guessing this started out as a non-suspension break, for safety or whatever, but it came out they did something boneheaded to cause whatever it is and they turned it into a suspension without publicly announcing it.
This is exactly what I've been thinking recently. Like a Rushia situation where Cover started out not being suspicious and then because of a different problem they found something bad. Hope I'm wrong but it's starting to get a little worrisome.

how is it that we have a strikingly similar taste in anime women

am I your shadow, or are you mine?
You're both inside each other:smugrys:

Horo7618

No one in particular
Hope I'm wrong but it's starting to get a little worrisome.
I don't know if the length doesn't make it less worrisome? Like if they were gonna fire them, the best time to do it was a couple days ago. The more it drags on the more likely it is that they are suspended and not fired.

Tired Taxpayer

Saying they are fired after announcing a new EN wave sounds weird to me, would be better to do it in reverse to keep the flames down kind of like it happened in the past. Maybe massive :takocope: but I wont give up hope for the return of the boys.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I don't know if the length doesn't make it less worrisome? Like if they were gonna fire them, the best time to do it was a couple days ago. The more it drags on the more likely it is that they are suspended and not fired.
This is why the investigation into suspension or reason entirely unrelated to Hololive are the most reasonable explanations to me. Moreso the former because Magni seems fine on his Roommate. Vesper's account gets locked somehow -> tech support has to help and see something between him and Magni that they werent supposed to be doing. Cover takes some time to investigate and puts them on break. Couple days later, that turns into a stealth suspension for Magni and Vesper.

Everything is a :cursedbae: right now, but that is what makes the most sense to me given the info we have at the moment.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Saying they are fired after announcing a new EN wave sounds weird to me, would be better to do it in reverse to keep the flames down kind of like it happened in the past. Maybe massive :takocope: but I wont give up hope for the return of the boys.
Standard good/bad/good news sandwich.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
This is why the investigation into suspension or reason entirely unrelated to Hololive are the most reasonable explanations to me. Moreso the former because Magni seems fine on his Roommate. Vesper's account gets locked somehow -> tech support has to help and see something between him and Magni that they werent supposed to be doing. Cover takes some time to investigate and puts them on break. Couple days later, that turns into a stealth suspension for Magni and Vesper.

Everything is a :cursedbae: right now, but that is what makes the most sense to me given the info we have at the moment.
My question though, what bad stuff could they have been doing on their official account that they couldn't have just use a private account for? A few things I can think of is giving favorable treatment to specific fans like Rushia DMing her gachis on Twitter or Finana (or was that Pomu?) playing privately with some of her fans, but those do not require their YT account.

Horo7618

No one in particular
My question though, what bad stuff could they have been doing on their official account that they couldn't have just use a private account for?
Doing sketchy shit on your official/work account that you both could and should have done privately is, like, incredibly common.....

The Rrat

Early Adopter
My question though, what bad stuff could they have been doing on their official account that they couldn't have just use a private account for? A few things I can think of is giving favorable treatment to specific fans like Rushia DMing her gachis on Twitter or Finana (or was that Pomu?) playing privately with some of her fans, but those do not require their YT account.
They found the boys have been using black magic amd sacrificing fans to put curses on NijiEN members to get them to graduate. Hololive couldn't condone that, even if it involved their competitor.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
They found the boys have been using black magic amd sacrificing fans to put curses on NijiEN members to get them to graduate. Hololive couldn't condone that, even if it involved their competitor.

lancer-gae.gif

Not surprising Vesper would return to using the dark arts. I'm pretty sure there's a clip of Randon doing the whole 'nailing curse dolls' thing complete with shrill KIIIIIIII!! cries and all, so he's familiar with nipoid nigromancy.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Some people have outright said they picked their names. I don't know if any of the girls have mentioned it, but plenty of the guys said they chose their own names. Fulgur said he picked his because of lore, Uki based his on a song, Mysta chose his because it's a pun, etc. There have also been people who have been given names, like Kyo, but I don't know if the two people you listed are the latter or the former. I know Vesalius was an actual doctor or something so maybe that's where he got it.
Jesus well that explains why the names are so fucking awful.

Netscaper

Early Adopter
Jesus well that explains why the names are so fucking awful.
What the fuck does Niji even do then? Brand recognition, "Support", maybe lore and the model?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Boat live just now. Drawing booba, (maybe.)

Edit: We've been bamboozled! :smugselen:

Bamboatzled
Got a taste of British food, Fucking dies. Yikes Proctor how did you live in that shithole.
constant exposure gives them an immunity.
you're not supposed to quote the comment after I edit it out
I was trying to be funny but decided I should've waited to make the joke, I edited it

edit: I put it back because there's no longer any point to having it removed
How many times do we have to teach you this lesson ponyman.
This artist has done Hololive stuff before and has been on a Rin kick recently. Highly NSFW.

I wonder how many others will make the association. God help us if she's British too.

Actually the same person jew gold was not enough Rin needs more to pay for her sons.
I am again here to say the dude is a massive chuuni. If he was given control of naming himself it isn't very surprising he went with that name, honestly.
explain bandage NOW.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
What the fuck does Niji even do then? Brand recognition, "Support", maybe lore and the model?
Takes your money to fund more Selen outfits.

Limkin

I don't watch Niji enough to know what it feels like in their overall atmosphere, but with Holo it definitely seems like the likelihood of some mass unicorn attack against you is almost non-existant.
They dogpiled on Pomu for making a stream about going on a date with Elira (which is just her usual schizo skit), to the point where Elira had to intervene and tell them all to fuck off. Except they did it in Elira's stream. They were so offended by an idea that bitch just might not be schizo this time that they absolutely lost their marbles and started bitching about it in the chat of their own oshi. Who by the way never mentions any reason why they aren't dating for real yet other than "she is too good for me". Imagine someone going to Moona's chat and telling her "Please call Ollie and tell her to stop fantasizing about dating you, it makes me uncomfortable". And not just one or two people, a lot of them doing so. No idea about the fujo fanbase, probably even worse

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
M-M-Magmo is real?

Mehk

Some people have outright said they picked their names. I don't know if any of the girls have mentioned it, but plenty of the guys said they chose their own names. Fulgur said he picked his because of lore, Uki based his on a song, Mysta chose his because it's a pun, etc. There have also been people who have been given names, like Kyo, but I don't know if the two people you listed are the latter or the former. I know Vesalius was an actual doctor or something so maybe that's where he got it.
I honestly think it's more of like what we hear corpo wrestlers get for names. They are given a list of names to pick from, once you've picked the name you can add a slight change to it as long as it doesn't completely fuck the name up or come across too close to someone else name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom