"You have to continue searching for the biggest nuts you can get"Ayunda Risu

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
There will be a hag collab at 8PM JST.

I think aoi nabi (the artist for ame and uto) made the designs for their talents, i remember someone on the homeland saying they only became vtubers to promote their work, don't know if mike is going for seiyu now, but i think they have bilibili pages or something like that and maybe a chinese talent or two, and if they do i don't know how well received mike will be by the chinks.
EDIT1: she made the designs of kogane and rena.

EDIT2: not connected to the chinks by the look of it, but they added mike to their page.
View attachment 37237

There is a brief translation of the stream from the comments.
Going forward Mikechan is going to be known as 恋糸りあ (Koito Ria) and she is joining Voice Ore, who are a V-Seiyu (V-voice actor) production company. She is very much hoping that we are going to support her, and this should open new job opportunities in voice acting for her. The management confirms that she will be able to star in games and anime as a voice actor, which she is very happy about.Ria chan is looking forward to making friends with the other members, who are all female, mentioned a Minecraft and a Rust server, currently working on getting an Ark server - which again Ria chan is very very happy about. She says she is going to play with them every day if able ^^'Voice ore will help her develop her voice acting skills and hope they will be able to help her grow even bigger and help her fulfill her dreams. Hoping that the fans will support her in writing this new chapter of her life. There will probably be opportunities for her to appear at offline events, anime events sometimes have segments dedicated to meeting the voice actors which she may be a part of. Or give interviews. (seiyuu grand prix name dropped at this point). Ria chan is very happy to finally be able to go pro as a voice actress. They both consider it a win-win situation, voice drams, situation voices, and voice comics are also jobs that they will help her secure. She is free to collab with the other member is she wants to do so - she's very excited and can't wait to do her best.Sne wil lcontinue her activities on this youtube channel, (the name may be changed)3D model for her is something that is planned in the future, and of course 3D live events.
Someone clipped Kogane from Voice-Ore explaining what they do. Clipper might be surprised seeing a surge of views from a two year old clip.

Checking their website, their last audition was on 30 January 2023 so Mike had this planned for some time. Also one of them, Sumirezaki Rin, got a role in a VN game to be released on Steam 27 July.

If you miss death metal screams, here's the new recruit playing that horror game.

I wonder though the difficulty in getting roles as a Vtuber since it's not a really common path. The one I know who is successful in getting an anime role (other than voicing themselves) is Asano Ruri and she made it through public audition with fan voting (I remember a privated short stream in December 2020 where she cried after failing an audition, before she got her role as Ecute in Jashin-chan Dropkick X she also cried on stream because of the hate she received as a Vtuber auditioning, consoled by Akkun, stream also privated). Generally you either come from seiyuu schools or start in eroge/H-animes with an alias (e.g. Shizuka Itou/Misaki Rina). Maybe for VN it's a bit easier since I remember that VN where Sukoya Kana and Momosuzu Nene got roles.

Ange and koyori are collabing on the 25th.
I don't usually shill her because she rarely posts waiting rooms and im always asleep when she streams but I might just wake up early for this one.

Ange is fun, wonder what they will be talking about. The previous Koyo collab with Nui Sociere ended up with her playing lots of RPGs recommended by the booba witch.

Have there been any sister combo in Vtubing that has worked? People are assuming they are "irl" sisters but for all intents and purposes it could just be kayfabe shit. Selen and Elira are "sisters" and its barely used. V&U also had those sisters (actual sisters) that lasted like a month and got graduated after a very long hiatus. On Niji's side you have Enna and Millie which act like sisters despite them not being sisters nor their characters being related.
Real life siblings would be hard to know, but Vtuber siblings you can find some examples.
Asano Sister Project with Ruri-nee and currently on hiatus Akane (might be back on major events). I think one other sister graduated before.
Cocotsuki (both retired), Suzushiro Kokone and Tsukine. The only remaining active member of the group isn't even one of the sisters but Kasane Hibiki who joined later.
AyaMina (both graduated from upd8), Yuen Aya and Yuen Mina. Aya's reincarnation is taking your fingers.
Inside-chan sisters (three of them), here's a repost of 1st and 2nd interviewing Usuwa Suu.

Clipper got more Suu clips, have a look at them as well.

Here's Yakumo Beni with a ticket to a meeting with HR.

Kaga Nazuna introduces rpr to the Japanese interrogation method which has a 99% conviction rate.

Also from Asumi Sena's anniversary stream one of her announcements is that she will be a guest on Suisei's NHK radio program on 6 August (Laplus will be a guest on 13 August FWIW).
The posters in Suisei's /vt/ thread usually have the programs archived soon after they aired.

Alchemyth

EN3, Haachama alive, HoloSummer, Towa Sololive. When the pendulum shifts it's gonna be bad, but for now I'm happy.
Oh and please let those sisters be THE sisters, they deserve better.
3kfw4ppxrbo01.jpg

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Suisei being Suisei.

But also some manager lore. Seems like the rumours about one manager per talent were a bit... exaggerated.

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband

Suisei being Suisei.

But also some manager lore. Seems like the rumours about one manager per talent were a bit... exaggerated.

One manager per talent might be an EN thing seeing as there are less of them

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
A quick reminder for Hanabasami Kyo's Cover Song Live at 9PM JST.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Video tl;dr: men don't want real women any more, they want fake women from the internet.

Last edited:

UberSoldat

Caught this on /vt/, NaYuta from Neo-Porte has been sacked for violating the contract.

A

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Last edited:

akaaoi

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

stassy

As I understood the announcement, their new project is independent, unless I missed something, so it's possible they may be able to do both, like Karen handles DDK and Calli stuff?

Cover generally allows their talent to engage in their own personal project so as long it isn't related to VTuber activity or one that explicitly exposes their holo identity directly so the GGN girls idol project should still be allowed even if they ended up on EN3.
I think the restriction is only about corpo and the identity exposition, because not-Azki can stream as another vtuber and do IRL concerts as an indie idol group.
There are also plenty of holo that stream in their PL, like Kroni and all the holo-ID (who stream with an avatar or facecam).

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband
I think the restriction is only about corpo and the identity exposition, because not-Azki can stream as another vtuber and do IRL concerts as an indie idol group.
There are also plenty of holo that stream in their PL, like Kroni and all the holo-ID (who stream with an avatar or facecam).
Not Azki has a vtuber model? I was under the impression that the only restriction cover has on the talents was that they can't vtube going by Nami not using hers on her streams and me not recalling Kson using hers during Coco times.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
One manager per talent might be an EN thing seeing as there are less of them
Managing multiple people across different timezones would be a nightmare for one person. It makes sense EN has dedicated managers for talents, while JP and ID may not.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Local fish is introduced to factorio, gets addicted, and asks for help - rejection! Many such cases:

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Ever since I started watching Hololive, Cover has had really great success with their hiring of new talents when it comes to their personalities. Sure, Aloe and Sana didn't work out in the end, but I don't think it was because they were a bad fit personality-wise. They both had circumstances that made it untenable for them to do the work. It feels nice to not worry about new gens coming in and fucking things up. After Council and HoloX I feel pretty good. I'm sure there will be a huge misstep sometime, it could even happen now, but they've done nothing but make good decisions when it comes to the personalities of the new talents.

lol I'm sorry as i didn't phrase that better. What i meant was it was a blur to me whether or not they were actually lolis based of that shot next to Albedoronii.
I'm leaning more towards, yes, they are, but im not sure. maybe It's the angle for me
>Flat/small chest=Loli
You could've just used your real name.
nool.jpg

UberSoldat

Mika's live, she'll most likely bring up Mysta

EDIT: Called it.

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Rin's been doing her shark naming stream and has admitted to getting tired of her chat. Can't say I blame her but when your growth was as quick and explosive as hers was, it's to be expected.

View attachment 37276
Pre-chat started spamming the name Dave and it lasted 20 minutes into the stream. She reiterated multiple times that Dave wasn't an option and had to say that mods will start banning people spamming it. Thankfully it settled down afterwards but it was pretty annoying.

But in good news, she announced what she's doing for Shark Week and it's massive. Her first time collabing with kouhais, her first collab cover, her first handcam stream, her first time hosting a game show and the most important thing here: She's accomplishing one of her major dreams by finally doing the conversation charity stream :sanasmile:
View attachment 37277

It may have happened much faster than she would've liked but damn I'm proud of her and how far she's gotten. Gotta say today feels extra blessed after 2 of my oshis have announced that they get to achieve their biggest debut goals.

its a stacked week and i hope it goes well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom