"This is what happens when you don't get abortions, kids"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Random musing, but it is pretty impressive Henya hasn't accidently called herself "Pika" or "Pikamee" or her family "Papamee" or "Mamamee" after having done so for 3 years.

That's it. That's the whole post.
Kson did it iirc but I don't think Henya has

Also Rin keeps winning

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy
so you guys think hololive EN is really gonna release a gen 3 this year? i thought they were gonna focus on staffing their new studio, but it looks like after that post concert teaser people seem to have the consensus that theyre gonna release more talent.

if it is a new gen, any suspects?
They did announce they're accepting auditions (even though they're always open) so I suspect they're gearing up for it. As far as I can tell they haven't announced they're hiring managers so either they already have some or they're scouting right now.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
so you guys think hololive EN is really gonna release a gen 3 this year? i thought they were gonna focus on staffing their new studio, but it looks like after that post concert teaser people seem to have the consensus that theyre gonna release more talent.

Normally I'd say no, but Watson is going on vacation and lampshades the teaser trailer during her show. It's possible.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Lmao funny update to this

Kenji, the annoying monkey Envtuber who is actually his character IRL black, made a jab at the concert video

This whole autism situation snowballed to getting noticed by the Thai vtuber audience, to the point where the mama of the Thai vtuber shows up to apparently reveal that Kenji tried to comission them (?) But they refused because they shittalked their work/vtuber son

I am not sure if thats the true context, just gathering from the translation and random quote tweets

Everytime I looked away the Yamanba monkey is always up to something
Anyhow the whole drama surrounding dacapo was mostly because the clip went to the wrong audience (retarded tiktok zoomers and twitter normie) and it just got blown out of proportion pretty fast

I'm more surprised MyHoloTV is still around and kicking
I feel like they're only managing to float around because liliana is still around, doubt it will continue any longer if they couldn't come up with something else soon though

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
A-chan and Reine is in 13 hours, but still blessed.

They are 100% gonna announce their 3D debut streams during that.

Also, Kiara says there are two "special things" next week. Ame is going on break next weekend, plus she talked about the teaser and brought up possibilties on her own which people have taken as her ruling things out, slyly.

:pochiidontlikeit:

Edit:
Kiara talking about the thing next week while figuring out her schedule:

Context is she is planning to see if she can do the 7 days in a row bingo next week. She also mentioned Ame's schedule next week is weird. Guessing because Ame wants to stream before she goes on weekend break. Whatever is happening is gona be later in the week, Friday or the weekend, which coincides with Ame's break, which... well the implication is when Ame goes on break, debuts happen. The first special thing is likely her new outfit finally releasing.

Quoting this from earlier. Something is also happening later this week. Personally, I think it is too close to IRyS anniversary to be EN3, unless the announcement happens this weekend and debut is the weekend after.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Hololive's financial officer came out of that shareholders meeting repeating that no, they weren't looking to dilute their brand power nor downscale the impact of each of their talents yet, and if they debuted new gens, they would decisively have to play into improving said brand power and outreach.
Personally, I'm secretly hoping they don't debut anything just to rile up the consoomers. You've got nijisanji right across the street, bleeding and leaking from every pore imaginable as everyone that isn't the core chosen of JP is looking at venues to leave, while their ceo lounges around in a yacht shitting out 6-strong talent teams each month like they're booster packs for a shitty card game.

Short

God Damn the Sun

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Hololive's financial officer came out of that shareholders meeting repeating that no, they weren't looking to dilute their brand power nor downscale the impact of each of their talents yet, and if they debuted new gens, they would decisively have to play into improving said brand power and outreach.
Personally, I'm secretly hoping they don't debut anything just to rile up the consoomers. You've got nijisanji right across the street, bleeding and leaking from every pore imaginable as everyone that isn't the core chosen of JP is looking at venues to leave, while their ceo lounges around in a yacht shitting out 6-strong talent teams each month like they're booster packs for a shitty card game.
I only thing it would be good to release a new gen for EN, even if it is a smaller one (I think 4 would be a good number), if only so the other girls taking breaks or having health issues won't hurt as much. Though, aside from Gura, and some unexpected health issues with Ina and Mumei, this year has been pretty good compared to the last half of last year. The months since 4th Fes have been especially much better. I otherwise am pretty uninterested in a new gen, since I like all the girls, currently, especially CouncilRyS. Though, more girls also means more potential collabs, I guess.

As far as the JP side goes, they definitely don't need a new gen, imo, so avoiding diluting them with a new gen seems like a good idea.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
The longer there is no EN3 the funnier it gets honestly. Just sounds like a bunch of people keen to drop their oshi and move onto shiny new product until they quickly get bored of that too.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Last edited:

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter

He should kill himself

When you're a vtuber and you see Gabe in your chat:
template-accepting-your-death-1958-0c6db91aec9c.png

RiverBear

The longer there is no EN3 the funnier it gets honestly. Just sounds like a bunch of people keen to drop their oshi and move onto shiny new product until they quickly get bored of that too.
Hololive can't afford to hire EN3 because they are losing money
Meanwhile, Nijisanji is okay with everyone and their mothers graduating because they are printing money

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Leaving aside the speculation on if there is a new HL gen or vsinger incoming.. the only notable recent graduations I know of are Beryl Lerou and now Woozie today.

I don't know anything about the latter but I'm damn near certain Beryl got picked up by some EN corpo, she dropped the biggest hints possible that she is reincarnating in her graduation tour and seemed happy af. She seemingly left on good terms with Star Ring her old JP corp but it was an obvious bad fit.. being mostly EN speaking in a JP group and not being awake to collab with her JP mates so she was pretty much by herself.

Dunno anything about Woozie, I skimmed her graduation stream.. she seems torn up and it sounds like the decision was kinda fast. Didn't hear any hints as to why she is leaving but this tweet of hers is suggestive..

edit: Google says KOIMETA virgil and Miria graduated on June 26, 2023, the comments say both hinted for fans to find them.

Last edited:

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
The only reason I feel some kind of debut has to be coming its because it would be pretty stupid to release such a vague teaser knowing absolutely everyone would belive its related to a new member and then letting that speculation sit there for a week+, for it to end up being something else, the backlash would be pretty hefty and they know it and I feel someone would had come out to tell people to manage expectations if it wasn't a debut teaser.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Your custom title use to say, "There is no EN3".
View attachment 35218
I speak of it enough that it was redundant.

Anyway speaking of redundancy, a no view indie I follow named Queefo LeZamboni just graduated… She must really be gearing up to join a theoretical EN3!

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I think there's a fine middle-ground between Niji's constant debut and not having a new gen for close to 2 years, to the point where even the current existing talents are starting to wish for kouhais. Forget about Niji for a moment, what do you think of other small/mid-sized agencies like Phase Connect and Idol Corp debuting new talents?

Anyway, while it's funny to clown on those people constantly whining for EN3, I don't see any reason to be against it otherwise. It will introduce more content variety and help out the existing talents with potential new dynamics. One of the main arguments I've seen against them is that they will dilute the existing viewerbase, reducing average CCVs. But think about it, introducing new talents is one of the methods to expand the fanbase, it literally happened to HoloID when they introduce ID3.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
But think about it, introducing new talents is one of the methods to expand the fanbase, it literally happened to HoloID when they introduce ID3.
I mean, maybe? That only works if you can actually tap into an untapped group of people. ID3, more specifically Kobo, tapped into a totally different base of users that ID1 and 2 didn't attract. I don't know if a group like that would exist for EN to tap into, unless it is like coomers on Twitch or some shit. I guess Europeans or more girls, somehow?

Kazuma

Early Adopter
I mean, maybe? That only works if you can actually tap into an untapped group of people. ID3, more specifically Kobo, tapped into a totally different base of users that ID1 and 2 didn't attract. I don't know if a group like that would exist for EN to tap into, unless it is like coomers on Twitch or some shit. I guess Europeans or more girls, somehow?
Holo-ñ

Edit: Hakka doesn't count since he's holostars.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I speak of it enough that it was redundant.

Anyway speaking of redundancy, a no view indie I follow named Queefo LeZamboni just graduated… She must really be gearing up to join a theoretical EN3!
I know it's a meme but do you honestly believe that Hololive would just decide "nah, let's not release a 3rd gen after 2 years". Even ID got a 3rd Gen, all of whom have surpassed Anya in subs, resulting in her being the least subbed in ID again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom