Not open for further replies.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Miuna with more Sekiro.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
You can make twitter cater to yourself with a small amount of effort to sort your follows into lists. I found it very easy to set up those lists and use Tweetdeck to monitor said lists in 4 columns. One for news, one for games, one for Vtubers, and one for Artists/Cosplayer. Never had to interact with comments or anything. If on the other hand you're choosing to interact with retards, well, isn't that on you? :unsure:

Never had any ads either. Thanks to ublock and Noscript. And with lists, random shit doesn't get injected... But good and bad I guess? Personally can't say I'll enjoy a split between East and West again if it comes to pass... Or using 17 different websites to gather info that I could have gotten from just 1. ... Or having to join 50 different discord servers for every interest.

Dunno how you guys are using twitter to get so pissy about it all the time.
:botanshrug:

Of course this is all hypothetical to a degree. I'm not fully convinced Twitter dies. I think people do fan out in the short term but eventually come back when they realize they don't have the same reach... Supposing Musk actually pays his bills and renews server contracts or finds new server space in the next couple days. Currently Twitter is also DDoS'ing itself into Oblivion thanks to the change about forcing logins to view linked content. Millions of pages across the net and discords are bombarding twitter with up to 10 requests a second because of that...

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Spooder schedule
IMG_8117.jpg

MythicalSloth

Well-adjusted Individual
I dont think there will be a retuvrn to forums, i think the more savvy tards will switch to Mastodon or whatever the other alternative was, or more and more people start weighing their chances on discord like retards since its the most known "alternative"

Even in the wake of total tumblr death people refused to move to NewGrounds and Pillowfort is also barely known (if you have to ask, then point proven, imo)
Quite a few chuuba already have Hive accounts set up since last year, so it's either that or Mastodon for sure.

Last edited:

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
Never had any ads either. Thanks to ublock and Noscript. And with lists, random shit doesn't get injected... But good and bad I guess? Personally can't say I'll enjoy a split between East and West again if it comes to pass... Or using 17 different websites to gather info that I could have gotten from just 1. ... Or having to join 50 different discord servers for every interest.
Some Twitter people don't even know the Latest Tweets option exists, yet alone thinking to use an adblocker or another scripting addon.

Vih

Doog

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Anyone who legitimately thinks Twitter will die is deluded or huffing copium. Elon has temporarily throttled Twitter because he hasn't paid for server space, and will unthrottle it once he's sorted it out. Elon has a history of making businesses work, and even if he doesn't manage to get Twitter to make money, I think Elon sees the value of having a prominent social media platform owned and operated by him, to the extent that he would subsidize it's operating costs with his profits from Tesla if required.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

At least now I remember exactly what I was doing two years ago...

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Anyone who legitimately thinks Twitter will die is deluded or huffing copium. Elon has temporarily throttled Twitter because he hasn't paid for server space, and will unthrottle it once he's sorted it out. Elon has a history of making businesses work, and even if he doesn't manage to get Twitter to make money, I think Elon sees the value of having a prominent social media platform owned and operated by him, to the extent that he would subsidize it's operating costs with his profits from Tesla if required.
Elon also has a history of getting his ass kicked out for doing extremely retarded things.

Yes aside from being the Tesla guy his thing is investing in profitless businesses and making profit but how is that relevant in the here and now hes killing it's userbase quickly

It would be dead already if there was a viable alternative.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Twitter dying sucks butt. Westerners are asking for Bluesky invites and the Japs are moving to masskey.io en masse. Digital islolation in 2023... We're headed for that Bladerunner/Cyberpunk shit...

Laugh at twitter all you want, but can't deny it's a melting pot for all cultures worldwide. Gonna miss being able to get the daily on news/art/vtubers all in one go in less than 10 minutes. I don't think Twitter's death is worth celebrating personally.
Twitter isn't dying. It's getting arseraped by the current view rate limitations but that'll go back to normal once the frogs stop burning shit down/Elon pays the Google Cloud bill/(pick your theory of choice), and all the people performatively pushing other social media platforms or Fediverse instances will go back to tweeting 200 times a day because nowhere else gives them rapid dopamine hits quite as efficiently as Twitter.

The thing I dislike the most about Twitter, and platforms like it, is the lack of containment. The reason political tension has become so high online nowadays is there is no escape from it; it's easy to tell people to curate who they follow, but in practice when you follow a handful of gaming personalities because they posted things you were interested in only to find them randomly sperging out about Black Lives Matter or trans rights later down the line just because something happened in the news, it starts requiring extra effort to filter the annoying shit out to the point where it's not really worth it.

Obviously there have always been, and will always be, insufferable conversations online full of retards that you'd rather not read, but at least on forums and imageboards you can simply not open those threads and they won't be a problem to you. On timeline-based platforms the things you don't like are forced into conversations about things you do like. You can be talking to someone about a specific video game and one of their dipshit friends will shamelessly insert themselves into the thread to bitch about how it portrays women or gays or some shit, and if you tell them to fuck off countless others will jump in and make a thing of it. You can't just have normal, low-stakes interactions there.

Henrik Carter

Disco Contagium!
No one will go anywhere, Twitter has no viable alternative. Besides, I'd rather Twitter be an eccentric billionaire's malfunctioning pet project rather than the glowYamanba's propaganda machine it was before.

Remember, they were pissing away millions of dollars a day, and the only reason they could afford it was because three letter agencies were subsidizing them.

Last edited:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Now that there's twitter sperging does anyone has the latest wyatt account? I kinda miss his schizo bullshit to spice up my timeline.

Vih

Doog

Kalion

:)
Girls FC is playing the best Monster Hunter, Frontier, together on Moriko's community server.

God's Strongest Sanalite spotted in the player list:
1688339038901.png

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Elon also has a history of getting his ass kicked out for doing extremely retarded things.

Yes aside from being the Tesla guy his thing is investing in profitless businesses and making profit but how is that relevant in the here and now hes killing it's userbase quickly

It would be dead already if there was a viable alternative.
"The crack peddler doesn't have any crack today, no-one is ever going to buy crack from him again."

RiverBear

20230702_112922.jpg

>Fauna and Bae selling out before any of the powerhouses
Could just be a logistical issue i.e. lower stock compared to the rest, but still.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Girls FC is playing the best Monster Hunter, Frontier
On one hand, it looks cool as hell and I would love to try it
On the other, it looks like only someone jumped up on adderall can fight some of those endgame monsters without getting their ass beat back to the town hub immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom