"No Masa! Don't call me the n-word again! Please no!"Sawa Sama

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
1565617174142578098-.jpg

I too, love to spread lies without even attempting to verify them, and then not even apologising for it.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Have a Selen art. I'd screencap it like other tweets, but that doesn't quite work for Art ay? You wouldn't be able to grab the OG or view it fullsize...

Twitter dying sucks butt. Westerners are asking for Bluesky invites and the Japs are moving to masskey.io en masse. Digital islolation in 2023... We're headed for that Bladerunner/Cyberpunk shit...

Laugh at twitter all you want, but can't deny it's a melting pot for all cultures worldwide. Gonna miss being able to get the daily on news/art/vtubers all in one go in less than 10 minutes. I don't think Twitter's death is worth celebrating personally.

Honestly as long as the jap social medias arent regionlocked and lurker friendly then they can enjoy doing their own shit without risking insulting a gang of troon tweets everytime they draw someone "wrong" which sounds nice ngl

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Laugh at twitter all you want, but can't deny it's a melting pot for all cultures worldwide.

Recent history has proven beyond doubt that's a bad thing. I long for the days these giant horrible centralized hubs collapse and we return to the kind of days when self-hosted areas could cater to specific audiences without being tendrils of giant faceless corporations with mandatory diversity quotas.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
View attachment 33933
I too, love to spread lies without even attempting to verify them, and then not even apologising for it.
"I told you guys Phase Connect is a Nazi company, the ban proves it - wait, the ban was for shitting on Elon, but they're all still Nazis, folks" -average VTweeter, as to be shown in future court documents for defamation

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
Recent history has proven beyond doubt that's a bad thing. I long for the days these giant horrible centralized hubs collapse and we return to the kind of days when self-hosted areas could cater to specific audiences without being tendrils of giant faceless corporations with mandatory diversity quotas.
On one hand, I prefer a melting pot to get exposed to new things I wouldn't even think of. I don't want to be in a circle jerk of people just repeating the same shit and agreeing with each other.

On the other hand, you're absolutely right and sometimes things should be catered to a specific audience. And Twitter freaks are obnoxious, there's no escaping them on a centralised platform.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Screenshot_1.jpg

It just gets better and better

Kronii actually wears Kronii merch in public. Very on-brand.

Of course she would wear her favorite oshi's stuff, why not?

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Those are two very good reasons.

Skimming through the comments on the Netflix trailers tells that a lot of fans look forward to it.
Perhaps some skepticism but still many interested in it.
They obviously haven't learned their lesson from Cowboy Bebop.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

2DUM4U

Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
(Implying that they haven't been already.)

(Also implying that they aren't into that.)
Someone on /vt/ is performing a melanin check on eddy as we speak

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Going off the Tumblr, Vine, Digg>Reddit events they're more likely to just migrate en-masse to a new platform that will tolerate them, bringing all their drama and shittery until it also buckles under its own weight in a couple years and they find another place to paracitise. Content aggregators are shit but while smaller content portals are having a revival I don't think they'll ever go back to their heyday pre-2010 where they were the primary means of interaction.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
On one hand, I prefer a melting pot to get exposed to new things I wouldn't even think of. I don't want to be in a circle jerk of people just repeating the same shit and agreeing with each other.

On the other hand, you're absolutely right and sometimes things should be catered to a specific audience. And Twitter freaks are obnoxious, there's no escaping them on a centralised platform.
That's assuming the melting pot actually exposes you to new things instead of just feeding you a stream of corpo-approved drivel while anything remotely interesting gets dumbed down for the masses either via active selection or passive mass appeal like reddit.

In the olden days people had to *gasp* actually go out and find their content instead of having it spoon fed to them by a robot.
Going off the Tumblr, Vine, Digg>Reddit events they're more likely to just migrate en-masse to a new platform that will tolerate them, bringing all their drama and shittery until it also buckles under its own weight in a couple years and they find another place to paracitise. Content aggregators are shit but while smaller content portals are having a revival I don't think they'll ever go back to their heyday pre-2010 where they were the primary means of interaction.
Also considering that pre-2010 there were a lot less people who even used the internet and a lot less stupid, lazy people who just follow the crowd mentality.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I dont think there will be a retuvrn to forums, i think the more savvy tards will switch to Mastodon or whatever the other alternative was, or more and more people start weighing their chances on discord like retards since its the most known "alternative"

Even in the wake of total tumblr death people refused to move to NewGrounds and Pillowfort is also barely known (if you have to ask, then point proven, imo)

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
In the olden days people had to *gasp* actually go out and find their content instead of having it spoon fed to them by a robot.
I'm not talking about algorithmically fed nonsense. That's always garbage. I mean meeting a variety of people who have different interests and opinions.

I suppose you can do that even without a melting pot, people always have, but when you're in a space made to just talk about one thing, people are less inclined to bring up another thing that might be off topic. It is just easier with a bigger site. But is it actually worth it to have that sense of ease? ...Probably not.

Even in the wake of total tumblr death people refused to move to NewGrounds and Pillowfort is also barely known (if you have to ask, then point proven, imo)
Is Pillowfort still invite only? I'm sure that turned people off.

That and the name.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Dizzy is live with a completely normal stream. ASMR maybe?

Not-Username

I dont think there will be a retuvrn to forums, i think the more savvy tards will switch to Mastodon or whatever the other alternative was, or more and more people start weighing their chances on discord like retards since its the most known "alternative"

Twitter currently has no real alternative from a vtuber/company perspective. Fan interaction, news source, discoverability, talent expression for example are kind of a unique package. (Mastodon is to normie unfriendly)

Also I agree with cloes last statement in this clip

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

PowerWash Simulator developers getting sassy and Zentreya getting dunked on at the same time. What more could you ask for?

sassy Powerwash devs.png

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom