"If you want to rotmaxxing, you should rotmaxxing at home. If you want to go out, you should shower"Remilia Nephys

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braindoko

I'm going to not explain why I know so much about this (though the story is actually funny how it got going), but Suicide isn't what you think it is. It starts with dysregulation of Cortisol in the body. Once dysregulated, the mind isn't able to clear out a lot of negative thoughts. Since Suicide is always in the ether, once the idea gets cemented, it starts a negative reinforcement cycle. The point of suicide is to end the pain the thought is causing. (And the pain is very real.) That's why those that survive bridge jumping attempts regret it the instant they jump off, because the pain is relieved when they jump not on their death.

Being a semi-tracking medical issue, there's some realities that'll get you cancelled if you bring them up publicly. There's a natural suicide rate to every society. It's dictated by both Social Pressure and Food Sources. The introduction of high carb diets late in life increases the suicide rate somewhere between 2x to 10x. Wheat introduced to Greenland basically murdered a couple thousand people.

Non-gang related mass shootings are the result of stimulant-based psychoactive medications. But not in the "take pill, go kill" understanding. The pills prevent the person from killing themselves, thus to remove the negative thoughts their mind escalates the "offense" of the suicide. That's when others start getting roped into the event. This is why mass attacks started after the introduction of meth in the run up to WW2. There's also a memetic aspect to them, as the news reports put it in the minds of those that can't remove the thoughts. That's why the introduction of Ritalin to children lead to the school shooting events. The mass events happen after the meds stop working, while at the same time also allowing the person to "get over the edge" and start pulling the trigger. (Meth has been used, since it's creation, in military settings. Most te***r*sts are stimmed off their nuts when they do the acts, for instance.)

Certain other illict drugs also relate. The early introduction of E into the UK created a specific demographic that has a suicide rate double the rest of the population. It was those between 18 and 22 during the "Mad Chester" period. E abuse will also make you far more suicide prone.

There's an inter-relation to PTSD to the topic. PTSD is the radical collapse of at least part of the body's stress response system. It's akin to tearing a muscle. It just doesn't work anymore. There's always a point of too much stimulus and eventually you start to get brutal consequences. This is why the "man just got told he's getting divorced, went to his shed and blew his brains out" events happen. If you hit anyone in a weakened physical state with enough stress, you can generally induce a suicide. (This is clearly understood by the Black Ops world, as a note. Though there's also ways to push someone over the edge, with enough analysis.)

Depression is also completely misunderstood. It's not something that can ever be treated by drugs. It's a protective, neurocognitive state that that body enters to defend the nervous system. It's little different from a cough, a tremor or a rash in the diagnostic sense. It's a blunt response by the body to one of many (often multiple) stressors that it is not currently in a state to fully manage. Which is why the only way to "treat" it is to deleverage the stress and limit stressors while the body recovers.

If you know someone struggling with depression, the best advice I can give is to help them start a walking/exercise routine and move to a ketogenic diet. While Keto isn't a perfect answer, it'll do the majority of the work. Once they're in a better place, it's highly advisable to get a full endocrinology checkup. There's a reason Vitamin D and Testosterone are known anti-depressants. They're regulated as part of the HPA Axis.

Also related, that's why trans are so suicidal. They're the highest category for being suicidal before they suddenly start wanting to be something else. They just have full cycle HPA Axis dysregulation. (No one is quite at the point to openly discuss infectious agent issues related to all of this, but that's likely to be a strong source.) Since it's a hot-button topic, useful technical medical studies are basically worthless for the time being. Even most non-controversial medical topics are prone to severe political correctness. (Was once reading a report on ADHD and it took me a solid 30 minutes to unwind what they were dancing around. 50% ADHD children have mothers are that wrecks in their home. That's literally their only issue.)

As for the delayed, to lots of people suicide notes, the reason should be pretty clear from my explanation. It's roping others into the event to push the person over the edge. It's one of the most horrifically selfish things a human can do. It's horrible. But it's also perfectly logical to those in the actual "death spiral" that is the suicidal ideation loop. Oh yeah, Suicide by Cop is the same thing, just a different personality type. (The "bring others into my suicide" logic is subject to a lot of personality realities of the person & what they're involved in, in life.)

Edit: 2 other points. "I can take away the pain" is something of a classic cult recruiting pitch because that's what the suicidal are actually looking for. I wouldn't recommend that path if you're trying to talk someone "down from the ledge", but there's a harsh reality to the appeal to those in a bad spot. The other point is that youth suicides appear to be mostly a post-WW1 or post-WW2 reality. This one appears to be fairly hazy because "data issues", but it's also possible given the time period that they were never reported as such for the longest time. It's probably important to realize the way you used to deal with mental illness was shoving someone in an actual closet regularly to keep them out of sight. There's a reason that phrase exists.
I knew there was a logic behind the 41 82% percent holy shit. That's why this month I've had to leave several streams when chuubas start talking positively of this, they might be well intentioned but it's just promoting future suffering.
Example: this sweet girl feeling proud of helping men get mental imbalance hormones, comparing it to getting actual life saving medical help for immigrants. It's so misguided but everyone seems to think this is the right stance nowadays so I don't blame her

Alright, something lighthearted for a change:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

Sorry Beanut, 4 inches isn't enough :SelenHAHAhere::fishmandispair:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I knew there was a logic behind the 41 82% percent holy shit. That's why this month I've had to leave several streams when chuubas start talking positively of this, they might be well intentioned but it's just promoting future suffering.
Example: this sweet girl feeling proud of helping men get mental imbalance hormones, comparing it to getting actual life saving medical help for immigrants. It's so misguided but everyone seems to think this is the right stance nowadays so I don't blame her
View attachment 33015

Alright, something lighthearted for a change:
View attachment 33014
On the first topic, great find in the pubmed link. That's how they gaslight people. People don't realize that Frontal Lobe Lobotomies were more humane than what they're pushing.

On the Pomu clip, one of the best lines about future tech I ever saw: "The sexbots are coming".

:smugpipi:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
For all intents and purposes, this would be a "new" corpo. Very little would be known about her and her past life. I am guessing that she will go for some of her ASMR friends or people she knows. If there are people actively applying to WACTOR even after their yab, this is nothing.
Hello, sir, welcome to the Internet. If WACTOR can keep getting people, I'm sure she can. She could also troll Chaturbate for "talent", as well.
Well you see, wactor gives contracts in Japanese/shit English to 3rd world spics so they sign it without knowing what it entails, Walmart fauna on the other hand will more than likely make it on English for people that speak the language.
As for people signing up for wactor, they do it for the model and a platform that are already set for them, i don't doubt the same people would sign for holo or niji if they had a spic branch, besides them more than likely not knowing the drama around wactor since it's all documented on 4chan and deleted on sight on any other platform wactor can fuck with.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I don't mind as much when men say it, but I really dislike it when "feminist" women use that phrase for any other woman who doesn't agree with them or like the same things as them. It's so self defeating. Imagine being so "feminist" that you think a woman can't have a single alternative thought unless it's for male attention.

It's a problem I have with lolcow.farms. If you disagree with the lasses there you're either a pick-me or a scrote.

This can't be legal in the US, right? Even if they have her wrangled by some sort of contract, can't that be contested?
Not only is it OK, it's the accepted practice to just stiff employees by shirking PTO; it's one of the oldest traditions if you're an employer on a shoestring since carrying this to a small claims court will take more time, effort and money than any of the parties involved would be willing to put up with. And bear in mind this is California-oblast we're talking about, "liberal pinko-land" according to your bog standard rightwing NPC.

Airi should just get the fuck outta that place and set up shop with either one of the other girls for a while or move out, but I know I'm not seeing the full iceberg here, for obvious reasons.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
...this might be the most meaningful interaction these two have had since RUST last year.
Define interaction, since they hung out with each other many times while they were in Japan.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Tenma based? (from /pcg/)
1687921518708.png

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Posted this in the EIEN thread in events as this is an ongoing thing but since that thread probably wont get much traction and its more of an archive thread, I will post it here.

Earlier she hinted at getting 6 girls. Not sure how the hell she will do this but it seems like she is spreading herself too thin. 6 is way too much.

View attachment 32989
As long as she stays manic, she'll be fine. Once the depression hits, oh boy.
Haven't seen this posted yet. Apparently phase messed up the size of the plushies on their website

I bet they are stuffed with coffee beans.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
HOLY BASED

Man, Tenma's been on fire lately. Given the amount of bullshit going on lately I can't blame her for being blunt with people who're just there to cause problems.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
btw fellas the plushies are actually about 2x in size to what was listed, still small but 4in is much more reasonable than 2in

Oh good. It will fit now.

Coni from Idol went live 17 minutes ago, playing the infamous MYHOUSE.WAD

I saw that on my YT feed and it earned my first click on a new Idol member. Had to happen eventually but didn't think it'd be on the loli-clown. I restarted the stream from the beginning and am watching at 2x speed.

She seems to have some misconfiguration where the skybox isn't showing correctly. It should show a blue sky with clouds, not those gray diamonds. But still it's fun watching her play through this. If you have any interest in trying this some day, I suggest you learn as little as possible about it first to avoid spoilers because there's so much going on with it, but now that I've done it I like to watch other people lay through and find things that I've missed.

WTF? She woke up in a hospital after dying? I never had that happen. How do you trigger that?

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

I appreciate her enthusiasm in hating coomerfags but she also shouldn't give them attention, as they unironically literally get off on it and making people disgusted. Silent blocks/bans would be more effective.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Raki did a short cover of Tabi no Tochuu
:sanasmile:

Kalion

:)
People like this should not be allowed to use the internet.
Streamers who respond and give (lots of) attention to bait maros or people who send bait maros?

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20230628_003922_YouTube.png

I guess persistence pays off even with a low ccv.

FL Cascadia

WTF? She woke up in a hospital after dying? I never had that happen. How do you trigger that?
Wait 11 seconds upon death and you'll get warped to the hospital. You then need to grab a key from the nurse's desk in the hallway, use it to unlock a specific room, then use a wall-mounted AED to revive yourself exactly where you died (equivalent to picking up a Beserk pack). However, this only happens once so your next death will require a reload.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom