"Protein God-do issu Arnold Schwarzenegger, hai, let's watch Terminator with me!"Kannagi Loki

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvl8

I will now take this opportunity to accuse any girls that people want in Phase to be uggos because they haven't gotten in yet. Yes, this includes Lisa and the Chinchilla.
I stopped myself from joking about the Chinchila not getting in Phase because she may not be pretty enough, but you had to add Lisa in the mix.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
While watching the opening cinematic, Nova of VReverie popped into Uruka's chat and they're gushing about DC males. Apparently Uruka loves Hal Jordan and Nova use to love Jason Todd. Of course, both of them loved Nightwing. All the girls love Nightwing.
View attachment 32869
(the little shitter she's referring to is obviously Damian)
Edgy Loner's get all the girls no surprise Surprised at no mention of Batwing hes one of the few newish characters who were allowed to stick around due to (mostly female) popularity. Or Azreal hes like 5% away from being a spawn character.

If you want good Reading that's free (and Official) Can Recommend Batman Family Adventures that manages to nail characterization and is generally fun even writing a excellent Damian.
View attachment 32906
The Zatanna simp, Uraka, has discovered emotes
I mean Zatana is great and all but why is it always her.

GOTBB

As someone who travels a lot, I cannot recommend Texas enough. The only debuff is the heat; if you are by the coast, the humidity is dog shit as well.
HEB supremacy!
(Also Wegmans supremacy! ...if you do the east coast)

Vtuber forum you say?
pierce-brosnan.jpg

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Apparently Rie has a 17% female audience. Airi has 4.1%, but she comforts herself by claiming she's at least ahead of Tenma's less than 1%.

Tenma having the greatest female filter of all time needs to somehow be harnessed. Not sure for what end, but it's a rare skill.

Holostars is nowhere near the Hololive girls when it comes to profit to be awfully honest, but one metric you could use to compare their success is the JP male VTubers market and that's where you'll realize they're doing relatively decent if not worse.
That and how some of them are deep in TRPG community, even if they're notably small it is still one of the most solid community among all JP communities out there

I don't really watch much of the Holostars (Vesper clips and Aruran live, occasionally), but my impression is that it's a side gig for nearly all of them. Magni and Vesper seem like they're full time, and maybe a few of the others. But the JP side appears to mostly be a second thing. That's roughly where most of the market seems to be for a male Vtuber, unless you really pop off. It's a profitable setup for all of the parties, if not a massive revenue generator. While someone like Vox makes a lot, I don't think any of the male vtubers, currently, are the merch machines like the top 10 in Hololive.

I can't speak too much on this without powerlevelling more than I care to, but some people I know have dealt with an individual who followed them sending them all a suicide note at once, and it's an awful situation to be in given when you only know someone by an online handle and know nothing about where they are or how to contact them there is literally nothing you can do to stop it. It's an incredibly selfish way to go out and I have no sympathy for people who use their emotional distress to cross boundaries like that.

Having an automated message sent after they've died is just as bad because while you can't convince yourself you could have stopped it when you only heard after the fact, you're still burdened with heavy emotional feelings from someone who otherwise was just a fan of your work and should have kept a professional distance from you.

Depression and suicide are complex topics that I don't have answers for, but I can't respect carelessness that affects others. It's like when people throw themselves on railway tracks, no shit onlookers will be traumatised by it.

I'm going to not explain why I know so much about this (though the story is actually funny how it got going), but Suicide isn't what you think it is. It starts with dysregulation of Cortisol in the body. Once dysregulated, the mind isn't able to clear out a lot of negative thoughts. Since Suicide is always in the ether, once the idea gets cemented, it starts a negative reinforcement cycle. The point of suicide is to end the pain the thought is causing. (And the pain is very real.) That's why those that survive bridge jumping attempts regret it the instant they jump off, because the pain is relieved when they jump not on their death.

Being a semi-tracking medical issue, there's some realities that'll get you cancelled if you bring them up publicly. There's a natural suicide rate to every society. It's dictated by both Social Pressure and Food Sources. The introduction of high carb diets late in life increases the suicide rate somewhere between 2x to 10x. Wheat introduced to Greenland basically murdered a couple thousand people.

Non-gang related mass shootings are the result of stimulant-based psychoactive medications. But not in the "take pill, go kill" understanding. The pills prevent the person from killing themselves, thus to remove the negative thoughts their mind escalates the "offense" of the suicide. That's when others start getting roped into the event. This is why mass attacks started after the introduction of meth in the run up to WW2. There's also a memetic aspect to them, as the news reports put it in the minds of those that can't remove the thoughts. That's why the introduction of Ritalin to children lead to the school shooting events. The mass events happen after the meds stop working, while at the same time also allowing the person to "get over the edge" and start pulling the trigger. (Meth has been used, since it's creation, in military settings. Most te***r*sts are stimmed off their nuts when they do the acts, for instance.)

Certain other illict drugs also relate. The early introduction of E into the UK created a specific demographic that has a suicide rate double the rest of the population. It was those between 18 and 22 during the "Mad Chester" period. E abuse will also make you far more suicide prone.

There's an inter-relation to PTSD to the topic. PTSD is the radical collapse of at least part of the body's stress response system. It's akin to tearing a muscle. It just doesn't work anymore. There's always a point of too much stimulus and eventually you start to get brutal consequences. This is why the "man just got told he's getting divorced, went to his shed and blew his brains out" events happen. If you hit anyone in a weakened physical state with enough stress, you can generally induce a suicide. (This is clearly understood by the Black Ops world, as a note. Though there's also ways to push someone over the edge, with enough analysis.)

Depression is also completely misunderstood. It's not something that can ever be treated by drugs. It's a protective, neurocognitive state that that body enters to defend the nervous system. It's little different from a cough, a tremor or a rash in the diagnostic sense. It's a blunt response by the body to one of many (often multiple) stressors that it is not currently in a state to fully manage. Which is why the only way to "treat" it is to deleverage the stress and limit stressors while the body recovers.

If you know someone struggling with depression, the best advice I can give is to help them start a walking/exercise routine and move to a ketogenic diet. While Keto isn't a perfect answer, it'll do the majority of the work. Once they're in a better place, it's highly advisable to get a full endocrinology checkup. There's a reason Vitamin D and Testosterone are known anti-depressants. They're regulated as part of the HPA Axis.

Also related, that's why trans are so suicidal. They're the highest category for being suicidal before they suddenly start wanting to be something else. They just have full cycle HPA Axis dysregulation. (No one is quite at the point to openly discuss infectious agent issues related to all of this, but that's likely to be a strong source.) Since it's a hot-button topic, useful technical medical studies are basically worthless for the time being. Even most non-controversial medical topics are prone to severe political correctness. (Was once reading a report on ADHD and it took me a solid 30 minutes to unwind what they were dancing around. 50% ADHD children have mothers are that wrecks in their home. That's literally their only issue.)

As for the delayed, to lots of people suicide notes, the reason should be pretty clear from my explanation. It's roping others into the event to push the person over the edge. It's one of the most horrifically selfish things a human can do. It's horrible. But it's also perfectly logical to those in the actual "death spiral" that is the suicidal ideation loop. Oh yeah, Suicide by Cop is the same thing, just a different personality type. (The "bring others into my suicide" logic is subject to a lot of personality realities of the person & what they're involved in, in life.)

Edit: 2 other points. "I can take away the pain" is something of a classic cult recruiting pitch because that's what the suicidal are actually looking for. I wouldn't recommend that path if you're trying to talk someone "down from the ledge", but there's a harsh reality to the appeal to those in a bad spot. The other point is that youth suicides appear to be mostly a post-WW1 or post-WW2 reality. This one appears to be fairly hazy because "data issues", but it's also possible given the time period that they were never reported as such for the longest time. It's probably important to realize the way you used to deal with mental illness was shoving someone in an actual closet regularly to keep them out of sight. There's a reason that phrase exists.

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Boss wigger and kiara collab with a guest (its obviously kronii :hope:)

EDIT: It wasn't kronii :annoyedpippa: will take a family collab tho :sanasmile:

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
I saw some comments on /vt/ being surprised that Ember is Asian, so I thought I dig up my post from last year on the farms on what she has previously shared in public.

It's not a secret that Ember Amane is formerly known as Yazaki Kallin. She was also part of the 1st generation of Tsunderia. When she quit Tsunderia she announced on Twitter that she is going to 'incorporate' more personal or irl stuff in her streams.

My KW post:
View attachment 32907

Larger screenshot of the tweet:
View attachment 32908

I don't think this is a dox, since Ember/Kallin posted this on her twitter last year and even pinned it, it's now deleted.
Damn, Uruka's mom
and Dizzy has competition... :shiinastare:

UberSoldat

Reza talks about contemporary issues while sick

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

It's Kobob
"Hello madafakas"

Also, surprisingly, the audio isn't fucking miserable for a Calli off-collab.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Tenma being based as usual. That trend should fucking die already.

Archive

Anyway, here's Korone sharing a wholesome moment with her teammates after CR Cup.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
So you're saying you send shroomsnaps to people you already know, then? 🤔

No comment except to say I love the term "shroomsnaps." I'll have to remember that one.

After a VS clone and a Fighting Game now a Holo Kart Game is in the works

If they're still trying to recruit for all those positions, it sounds like they don't have anything done for the game except those two concept art pieces. Let me know if and when the thing actually releases. As it is it seems an awful lot like an idea that an "idea guy" has that will never actually see the light of day.

I saw some comments on /vt/ being surprised that Ember is Asian

Why would anyone be surprised a vtuber is Asian? Asianness should probably be assumed until proven otherwise at this point.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Holy shit irys fell down all the way to the beginning :kiarachefkiss: that fucking salt is so good, she fell down like 3 times and every single fall was from higher than the last one, she's rage quitting :kaelalaugh:
EDIT: timestamp for SaltRyS (7:12:00 if it doesn't work)

Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

EDIT: It wasn't kronii :annoyedpippa: will take a family collab tho :sanasmile:

Kobo "wants a boyfriend from every country"

The son has Rizz.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Thankfully, this place is not under the watchful eye of Twitch, Twitter, or anything like that, so I'm free to share this message to the snitch bitches that may or may not check into this place:
View attachment 32791

Thank you Rie. Might pack more of a punch coming from a cute anime girl.
Rie LOVE but why isn't her chat moving? Is it frozen or something?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Last edited:

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Anyway, here's Korone sharing a wholesome moment with her teammates after CR Cup.

Korone really just comes off as infectious to anyone whose collabed with her both in and out of Hololive. Not a surprise that she kept getting invited back to Sonic Station.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
Seeing no one has posted this:

There's english sub

Startend unit still going strong.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Kobo is just ate a cat treat, HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I'm fucking dead

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter