"We all fed the deer, when I finished I was busy making sure to film Bae being rammed by deers"IRyS

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
:botanheadshake::magnino:
If I wanna dump money on my favorite chuubas, I will, despite how big their CCV is or isn't.

Also read that quote as "pay money to groom 2-3 views, instead."
How much did Proctor pay for the Ragdoll?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
If you consider supporting a 2-3 view as grooming that is on you nigga. My point was more leaning on dropping a 20 on someone that can have more impact in their lives if you want to maximize your support, I never said don't drop money on big streamers. Who do you help more if you drop a 20 between lets say lisa and kronni? Kronni makes in a single stream what lisa probably makes in a month.
I wouldn't take much stock in what I was saying, since it was a step shy of being a baitpost. Either way, if I actually cared about making an impact with money, I'd donate to charity, or something.

Groups like OTK are threatening to leave, though.
Those soys are way too pussy to do that. I doubt they would go to YouTube, anyway, and Kick is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Running ads on Twitch channels is apparently by far the best way to generate cash. They will pussy out like they did with the 50/50 split announcement and start running ads more. Viewers will stick around because the majority are too stupid to find a new streamer on another platform.

Edit:

Seiso bear lost another bit of her innocence.

They're backpedalling already.

View attachment 29176
Tweets / Archive

Smells like "our initial policy was intentionally awful so we could backpedal to the almost as bad one we intended since the start with less visibility."

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Seiso bear lost another bit of her innocence.

Twitch is putting more restrictions on streamers' ability to insert ads from sponsors, although I don't think it will impact the vtuber community much. Groups like OTK are threatening to leave, though.

1686087174445.png
Tweets / Archive

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

We all float down here...

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
Tomoe Umari posted this a few minutes ago:
1686086690288.png1686086718535.png1686086754575.png1686086793934.png
(Twitter | archive)
‼️ A proper explanation for my recent tweets, as well as my final words on it all. A letter -💌- to @ everyone: Not everyone has someone there to tell them what they need to hear, when they most need it. The reason I became an entertainer (Vtuber) and why I work so hard at it despite it not being in my comfort zone? Because I want to be able to be there for the people who don't have anyone else. Whether it be the depressed, diligent souls I serve alongside in the military, or civilians whose cries for help have gone unheard for years. I've witnessed both sides closely. How frustrating it's been to always be so powerless to save any of them.

As I'm sure most of you are aware, the "Vtuber Community" that supposedly exists on Twitter is filled with a great deal of venomous words uttered carelessly and without second thought. Bitter resentment, aggressive harassment, dragging people through the mud till it suffocates them, and so much more transpires there that would make any decent human being sick while scrolling through. But our job as entertainers is to make other people's days just a little brighter, isn't it? Is that really the sort of energy we should be spreading?— the sort of messages that we should be conveying to the people who believe in us, love us, and support us? It feels as if we'll only become colder for it and that we'll forget how to be truly compassionate from the bottom of our hearts. But it's not my intent now to focus on admonishing these people as if I've never been consumed by terrifyingly negative feelings towards others myself. Hasn't everyone, at least once? I’m certainly far from perfect myself.

Not to mention most of these cruel words are born from a desire to protect others or due to an perceived unforgivable injustice, so they're not innately impure. I won't say that all of them are entirely selfless either, though. In my personal observations, incidents can also occur due to things such as irrational jealousy or grudges. These issues run rampant in the community just as naturally as they’d flourish anywhere else that people compete for a sense of acceptance and validation. At the end of the day, we’re only human. Nobody wants to feel as if they’re not good enough and it’s hard in our moments of weakness not to hold ill will towards those who seem to effortlessly attain that which we strive to claim for ourselves. But without knowing every detail of their own journey as well as all the struggles they’ve faced individually, how can we truly say whether or not they’ve earned their success? It seems ignorant and presumptuous.

I know many of these people do genuinely mean well. After all, it takes a great deal of courage to put yourselves out there to be judged by the world in the first place. While I always thought myself to be fairly strong, even I struggle at times with people fixating both negative and positive attention on me. I’m not used to it. It’s a little scary, at times. It can be very overwhelming. It’s wonderfully good, it’s frightfully bad, it’s absurd and ugly, and yet it’s somehow all still so hopelessly beautiful.

The more you open your heart up to others and lay it bare, the greater the chance of it being torn apart in your moments of weakness. Yet I personally believe making yourself vulnerable and being humble are the best ways of being able to reach others. I will never hold myself higher than any of you, because I want you all to feel comfortable talking to me when you need to. It’s mainly for this reason that I make a sincere effort to remember the details about your lives that you share with me despite suffering from severe memory loss that inhibits my own daily life. It feels like the least I can do is try when you’ve all shown me such care and support over the entirety of my brief career. That and I do really enjoy the stories you all have to share. Your lives are pretty interesting, you know. Thinking about it makes me smile. I wish I could remember them all forever.

So, to my fellow content creators: Uplift the people around you and celebrate their achievements as if they were your own. Aspire to become not just someone who shines brightly, but someone who bears warmth befitting of that light. Because then you'll be much more like the sun than simply a small star, even if it's only to one person. It's why I haven't given up on regularly participating in my Discord server, despite how mentally taxing it is some days. I want to directly help facilitate an environment where everyone can have fun together and unite under common interests. My ideal is a community where the love we bear for one another is genuine. The very concept of my community, "the Umarmy", as a branch suggests that we're in a place where we're all fighting similar battles. I want everyone to feel as if they have a place they can belong with people who might be able to understand them even on those days when it feels like nobody else really can.

I apologize dearly if I seem a bit sensitive, irritable, or distant some days myself. Within the scope of my normal schedule, I work full time as active duty military, weightlift, do college coursework, manage myself as a Vtuber, and stream 4-5 days a week. Atop that, I have a couple friendships to manage as well. I'm not invincible, yet every time I feel myself breaking apart, I feel the cracks open up more space for me to become stronger. It reminds me of the ceramic pieces whose imperfections were resolved with gold.

In that same vein, I believe it's fine to allow yourself to be weak, so long you learn and grow from it. Someone who's never suffered could never hope to understand the suffering of others. Such empathy can only stagnate on the surface of the water while we watch helplessly as someone dear to us drowns beneath. We cannot hope to become a pillar that people can escape from any pit with if we don't fall to the bottom of that pit and build ourselves up from there. I'll get hurt as many times as it takes to be able to protect you all. Because I’d rather endure that pain myself if it means being able to then mitigate your own future wounds.

Even so, I'll admit shamelessly that it's all a bit exhausting. Some days, I regret having ever started. Some days, I wish I could give up and quit. I push myself simply because I want to be an individual who can inspire and motivate others through my efforts. Even though I'm weak in my own eyes, I want to find the strength to be there for you all. I'll continue stepping out of my comfort zone and push myself to find a voice capable of reaching everyone equally. I'm an awkward woman who often fails to express myself correctly, but I hope that my words are able to resonate with you now. Only a little bit would be fine here too. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Unlike most other Vtubers, I honestly don't think I have any particularly special talents. But what I do know I can do in spite of that is try my damn hardest to show you all that you don't need to be “special” in order to succeed. I'm still young and inexperienced, yet I'm willing to become more stubborn than anyone else for the sake of reaching my goals. I can only ask that you'll all be patient with me a while longer yet.

I'll admit as well that there may be amazing qualities to myself that I don't see. But that's a part of why we have others, isn't it? Because otherwise we may just miss the important things that were in front of us the whole time. Nothing is more blinding than a lack of self-faith, so if nothing else we should try to harbor faith in those around us who offer their support. No doubt that you're more amazing than you can see yourself, while fixated on your flaws and shortcomings. Don’t even feel bad about it. We’ve all been there.

Perhaps there are many Vtubers out there too who share my sentiments, but struggle to express themselves properly. I've learned with time that being able to put our emotions into words, no matter how irritatingly tangled up, is one of the strongest skills that a human can hone. Words have always been humanity's ultimate weapon though also is consequently the hardest to grasp. But I believe in their ability to heal, if you apply twice the effort as it takes to deliberately hurt. That's why I'll continue to try and figure it out as time goes on. I want to rewrite as many of your negative emotions as possible with happiness and comfort. I want to make it just a little easier to smile every day and to find the energy to get out of bed and courageously face the new day.

To everyone reading this now: Seek out something you love and pursue it with all your heart, no matter how long it takes. Don't be disheartened. Understand that you don't need to compromise your happiness and well being to nurture it in others. I believe even that desire alone is the beginning of the makings of a traditionally good person.

Everything will be okay, at the end of the day. I love you all and hope you can find the strength to love yourselves too. Please be good to each other.

I exist here now to help you. Even if the whole world abandons you, I'll still be by your side and won't give up on you until the very end. That’s my promise to you all, as a clumsy leader who does her best to be fearless. Thank you all for giving me something more to fight for. I’ll try not to let you down.

- Tomoe Umari, an Independent Vtuber
Fx9-LIMWYAETYE0.jpg

The previous tweets referenced at the start of her letter:

tomoe context.png

June is "Men's mental health month", so the timing of this public letter is fitting.
Edit: for those who feel disinclined to read four screens' worth of text, here's what chatGPT says is a summary:

1686088132877.png
In this public letter, Tomoe Umari, an independent Vtuber, addresses several important points:

1. Motivation as an entertainer: Umari explains that the reason she became a Vtuber and works hard at it is because she wants to be there for people who don't have anyone else. She mentions serving alongside diligent souls in the military and civilians whose cries for help have gone unheard.
  2. Toxicity in the Vtuber community: Umari acknowledges that the "Vtuber Community" on Twitter can be filled with venomous words, resentment, harassment, and dragging people through the mud. She questions whether this is the right energy to spread and emphasizes the importance of spreading compassion instead.
  3. Understanding negative behavior: Umari recognizes that the cruel words in the community are sometimes born out of a desire to protect others or due to perceived injustice. However, she also acknowledges that jealousy and grudges can contribute to these issues.
  4. Vulnerability and empathy: Umari believes in the power of vulnerability and being humble to reach others. She shares her efforts to remember the details of her followers' lives despite suffering from severe memory loss. She emphasizes the importance of creating a community where love for one another is genuine.
  5. Personal challenges: Umari discusses the challenges she faces as an active duty military member, weightlifter, college student, Vtuber, and streamer. She admits feeling exhausted at times but continues to push herself to inspire and motivate others.
  6. Self-doubt and faith in others: Umari acknowledges her own self-doubt and encourages others to have faith in themselves and in those who offer support. She emphasizes that everyone has amazing qualities and that it's important to see beyond flaws and shortcomings.
  7. The healing power of words: Umari believes in the healing power of words and aims to use them to rewrite negative emotions with happiness and comfort. She expresses her desire to make it easier for people to smile every day and face each new day courageously.
  8. Pursuing what you love: Umari encourages readers to seek out something they love and pursue it wholeheartedly, without compromising their own happiness and well-being. She sees this desire as the beginning of becoming a good person.
  9. Promise of support: Umari assures her readers that she is there to help and support them, even if the whole world abandons them. She promises to be by their side until the very end and expresses gratitude for giving her something to fight for.
Overall, Umari's letter conveys her dedication to being there for others, her concerns about toxicity in the Vtuber community, and her commitment to spreading compassion and support.

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
ALmost time for Shiina, Pippa and Lumi to watch PC memes!

Will 1 or more Oshi notice you? :menhera: Will you get mansplained about what is and isn't a meme?:Fauna-AKSHUALLY:One things for sure I...:gunpeko:
Edit: No Pippa? HAH fuck you Colress!

Last edited:

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Tomoe Umari posted this a few minutes ago:
View attachment 29170View attachment 29171View attachment 29173View attachment 29174
(Twitter | archive)
‼️ A proper explanation for my recent tweets, as well as my final words on it all. A letter -💌- to @ everyone: Not everyone has someone there to tell them what they need to hear, when they most need it. The reason I became an entertainer (Vtuber) and why I work so hard at it despite it not being in my comfort zone? Because I want to be able to be there for the people who don't have anyone else. Whether it be the depressed, diligent souls I serve alongside in the military, or civilians whose cries for help have gone unheard for years. I've witnessed both sides closely. How frustrating it's been to always be so powerless to save any of them.

As I'm sure most of you are aware, the "Vtuber Community" that supposedly exists on Twitter is filled with a great deal of venomous words uttered carelessly and without second thought. Bitter resentment, aggressive harassment, dragging people through the mud till it suffocates them, and so much more transpires there that would make any decent human being sick while scrolling through. But our job as entertainers is to make other people's days just a little brighter, isn't it? Is that really the sort of energy we should be spreading?— the sort of messages that we should be conveying to the people who believe in us, love us, and support us? It feels as if we'll only become colder for it and that we'll forget how to be truly compassionate from the bottom of our hearts. But it's not my intent now to focus on admonishing these people as if I've never been consumed by terrifyingly negative feelings towards others myself. Hasn't everyone, at least once? I’m certainly far from perfect myself.

Not to mention most of these cruel words are born from a desire to protect others or due to an perceived unforgivable injustice, so they're not innately impure. I won't say that all of them are entirely selfless either, though. In my personal observations, incidents can also occur due to things such as irrational jealousy or grudges. These issues run rampant in the community just as naturally as they’d flourish anywhere else that people compete for a sense of acceptance and validation. At the end of the day, we’re only human. Nobody wants to feel as if they’re not good enough and it’s hard in our moments of weakness not to hold ill will towards those who seem to effortlessly attain that which we strive to claim for ourselves. But without knowing every detail of their own journey as well as all the struggles they’ve faced individually, how can we truly say whether or not they’ve earned their success? It seems ignorant and presumptuous.

I know many of these people do genuinely mean well. After all, it takes a great deal of courage to put yourselves out there to be judged by the world in the first place. While I always thought myself to be fairly strong, even I struggle at times with people fixating both negative and positive attention on me. I’m not used to it. It’s a little scary, at times. It can be very overwhelming. It’s wonderfully good, it’s frightfully bad, it’s absurd and ugly, and yet it’s somehow all still so hopelessly beautiful.

The more you open your heart up to others and lay it bare, the greater the chance of it being torn apart in your moments of weakness. Yet I personally believe making yourself vulnerable and being humble are the best ways of being able to reach others. I will never hold myself higher than any of you, because I want you all to feel comfortable talking to me when you need to. It’s mainly for this reason that I make a sincere effort to remember the details about your lives that you share with me despite suffering from severe memory loss that inhibits my own daily life. It feels like the least I can do is try when you’ve all shown me such care and support over the entirety of my brief career. That and I do really enjoy the stories you all have to share. Your lives are pretty interesting, you know. Thinking about it makes me smile. I wish I could remember them all forever.

So, to my fellow content creators: Uplift the people around you and celebrate their achievements as if they were your own. Aspire to become not just someone who shines brightly, but someone who bears warmth befitting of that light. Because then you'll be much more like the sun than simply a small star, even if it's only to one person. It's why I haven't given up on regularly participating in my Discord server, despite how mentally taxing it is some days. I want to directly help facilitate an environment where everyone can have fun together and unite under common interests. My ideal is a community where the love we bear for one another is genuine. The very concept of my community, "the Umarmy", as a branch suggests that we're in a place where we're all fighting similar battles. I want everyone to feel as if they have a place they can belong with people who might be able to understand them even on those days when it feels like nobody else really can.

I apologize dearly if I seem a bit sensitive, irritable, or distant some days myself. Within the scope of my normal schedule, I work full time as active duty military, weightlift, do college coursework, manage myself as a Vtuber, and stream 4-5 days a week. Atop that, I have a couple friendships to manage as well. I'm not invincible, yet every time I feel myself breaking apart, I feel the cracks open up more space for me to become stronger. It reminds me of the ceramic pieces whose imperfections were resolved with gold.

In that same vein, I believe it's fine to allow yourself to be weak, so long you learn and grow from it. Someone who's never suffered could never hope to understand the suffering of others. Such empathy can only stagnate on the surface of the water while we watch helplessly as someone dear to us drowns beneath. We cannot hope to become a pillar that people can escape from any pit with if we don't fall to the bottom of that pit and build ourselves up from there. I'll get hurt as many times as it takes to be able to protect you all. Because I’d rather endure that pain myself if it means being able to then mitigate your own future wounds.

Even so, I'll admit shamelessly that it's all a bit exhausting. Some days, I regret having ever started. Some days, I wish I could give up and quit. I push myself simply because I want to be an individual who can inspire and motivate others through my efforts. Even though I'm weak in my own eyes, I want to find the strength to be there for you all. I'll continue stepping out of my comfort zone and push myself to find a voice capable of reaching everyone equally. I'm an awkward woman who often fails to express myself correctly, but I hope that my words are able to resonate with you now. Only a little bit would be fine here too. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Unlike most other Vtubers, I honestly don't think I have any particularly special talents. But what I do know I can do in spite of that is try my damn hardest to show you all that you don't need to be “special” in order to succeed. I'm still young and inexperienced, yet I'm willing to become more stubborn than anyone else for the sake of reaching my goals. I can only ask that you'll all be patient with me a while longer yet.

I'll admit as well that there may be amazing qualities to myself that I don't see. But that's a part of why we have others, isn't it? Because otherwise we may just miss the important things that were in front of us the whole time. Nothing is more blinding than a lack of self-faith, so if nothing else we should try to harbor faith in those around us who offer their support. No doubt that you're more amazing than you can see yourself, while fixated on your flaws and shortcomings. Don’t even feel bad about it. We’ve all been there.

Perhaps there are many Vtubers out there too who share my sentiments, but struggle to express themselves properly. I've learned with time that being able to put our emotions into words, no matter how irritatingly tangled up, is one of the strongest skills that a human can hone. Words have always been humanity's ultimate weapon though also is consequently the hardest to grasp. But I believe in their ability to heal, if you apply twice the effort as it takes to deliberately hurt. That's why I'll continue to try and figure it out as time goes on. I want to rewrite as many of your negative emotions as possible with happiness and comfort. I want to make it just a little easier to smile every day and to find the energy to get out of bed and courageously face the new day.

To everyone reading this now: Seek out something you love and pursue it with all your heart, no matter how long it takes. Don't be disheartened. Understand that you don't need to compromise your happiness and well being to nurture it in others. I believe even that desire alone is the beginning of the makings of a traditionally good person.

Everything will be okay, at the end of the day. I love you all and hope you can find the strength to love yourselves too. Please be good to each other.

I exist here now to help you. Even if the whole world abandons you, I'll still be by your side and won't give up on you until the very end. That’s my promise to you all, as a clumsy leader who does her best to be fearless. Thank you all for giving me something more to fight for. I’ll try not to let you down.

- Tomoe Umari, an Independent Vtuber
View attachment 29175

The previous tweets referenced at the start of her letter:

View attachment 29177

June is "Men's mental health month", so the timing of this public letter is fitting.
Edit: for those who feel disinclined to read four screens' worth of text, here's what chatGPT says is a summary:

View attachment 29179
In this public letter, Tomoe Umari, an independent Vtuber, addresses several important points:

1. Motivation as an entertainer: Umari explains that the reason she became a Vtuber and works hard at it is because she wants to be there for people who don't have anyone else. She mentions serving alongside diligent souls in the military and civilians whose cries for help have gone unheard.
  2. Toxicity in the Vtuber community: Umari acknowledges that the "Vtuber Community" on Twitter can be filled with venomous words, resentment, harassment, and dragging people through the mud. She questions whether this is the right energy to spread and emphasizes the importance of spreading compassion instead.
  3. Understanding negative behavior: Umari recognizes that the cruel words in the community are sometimes born out of a desire to protect others or due to perceived injustice. However, she also acknowledges that jealousy and grudges can contribute to these issues.
  4. Vulnerability and empathy: Umari believes in the power of vulnerability and being humble to reach others. She shares her efforts to remember the details of her followers' lives despite suffering from severe memory loss. She emphasizes the importance of creating a community where love for one another is genuine.
  5. Personal challenges: Umari discusses the challenges she faces as an active duty military member, weightlifter, college student, Vtuber, and streamer. She admits feeling exhausted at times but continues to push herself to inspire and motivate others.
  6. Self-doubt and faith in others: Umari acknowledges her own self-doubt and encourages others to have faith in themselves and in those who offer support. She emphasizes that everyone has amazing qualities and that it's important to see beyond flaws and shortcomings.
  7. The healing power of words: Umari believes in the healing power of words and aims to use them to rewrite negative emotions with happiness and comfort. She expresses her desire to make it easier for people to smile every day and face each new day courageously.
  8. Pursuing what you love: Umari encourages readers to seek out something they love and pursue it wholeheartedly, without compromising their own happiness and well-being. She sees this desire as the beginning of becoming a good person.
  9. Promise of support: Umari assures her readers that she is there to help and support them, even if the whole world abandons them. She promises to be by their side until the very end and expresses gratitude for giving her something to fight for.
Overall, Umari's letter conveys her dedication to being there for others, her concerns about toxicity in the Vtuber community, and her commitment to spreading compassion and support.
Is there a tl;dr for the tl;dr in the spoiler? Because that shit is too long.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Kson is just enjoying her life, living it large off her simps cash. It would be severely hypocritical to rag on her for splurging on frivolous shit, when the whole motto of us Homelanders is "don't be a grifter bum, earn your keep". If you think I'm being delusional ask yourself this: does your Person of Simping report statement sheets back to you? It ain't your investment, you gave that money away willingly
Vshojo really is a retirement home just like the MLS or the Saudi league:Kson is like Cristiano Ronaldo it sucks for the fans that wanted to see him in a football league that has atleast some quality but its good for the player because he has a Salary of 17 millions per month in his new team
CR7 is Kson and the dude in blue are the Unicorns

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

View attachment 29176
Tweets / Archive
And as that's going through, people have realized that Twitch has updated their TOS so that no one is allowed to simulcast to other platforms at the same time. This was only applied to Twitch Parters before, now it applies to everyone even if your channel isn't monetized.

Archive

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I am morally obligated to shill Sleepy on youtube whenever she streams

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Holy fuck she dropped stacks of cash on that gucci x addidas collab that fucking wallet alone is reselling for 1600 bucks. I know it's scalper resale pricing but still, that's nuts.
View attachment 29155
She said the sneakers were 110,000 yen or about 1k then 800 bucks now. 8-10k total, on clothes, woman moment.

My brother in Christ, $1600 is actually cheap when it comes to the plethora of leather & faux-leather bullshit that "high-end" fashion brands peddle to separate female autists from their money.

themanimthehills

My brother in Christ, $1600 is actually cheap when it comes to the plethora of leather & faux-leather bullshit that "high-end" fashion brands peddle to separate female autists from their money.
Don't trust women to make good financial decisions.

Topo Chico

I am a man and thrift nearly all my clothes. I'm completely disconnected from women fashion or expensive brands. I'm mostly takin the piss, if I had 10k to blow at will I'd buy more guns and ammo. :botanshrug:

God's Strongest Dragoon

No Pippa for meme contest, we got Blue Bear instead. Uruka jumped in when Shiina was looking for someone to fill in for Pippa in the last 20mins before the stream.

themanimthehills

No Pippa for meme contest, we got Blue Bear instead. Uruka jumped in when Shiina was looking for someone to fill in for Pippa in the last 20mins before the stream.
Is Pippa dead??

Archive

Fishfag's desperate to palm this coffee off wherever he can :smugpipi:

Off topic, but I can't wait for this convention to be over. I am so sick of hearing about it.

Hff201

Early Adopter

Archive

Fishfag's desperate to palm this coffee off wherever he can :smugpipi:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
:Fauna-AKSHUALLY:I would say Lumi is not a Senpie to Shiina because Shiina was hired (and still streaming on PL) several months (finalized DEC 2021) before Lumi left Cyber live.
Edit: This is like sitting through the movie trailers:shiinastare:

lvl8

Pippa dropped out of the collab to watch Jersh.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Hff201

Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom