"Whenever I feel down I just think back to my, like, memory- recollection of Nixon quotes"Araminta Aminthe

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

themanimthehills

Probably, I motherfuckin' use Google translate. Quidado so smooth, very much yes. Motherfucker
Go back to your own country. Don't take our jobs!

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Does anyone here know if Kiwifarms is ever going to accessible outside of Tor? It's been like a month.
Jersh said he would keep it that way to force people to use tor and understand how fucked shit is nowadays. I mean if people don't want to download brave and just do a couple clicks to access kiwifarms he's just fighting human nature and will never win. I admire his determination though.
Fun fact, you need a college degree of any sort to be hired in Japan at all if you're a foreigner. She may have been a waitress, but she probably had a degree in something to be able to land her a job there. That OR like one guy I knew, faked his degree. He didn't last long. Also, to add more to what I said. When I was an ALT they didn't actually teach English to students until they were in middle school. before that English is just haphazardly taught and used for games and shit in elementary school. I think they recently changed it to start teaching English in the 6th and 5th grade of elementary but honestly, they need to start even earlier than that.
She has some liberal arts degree but my point was that they just hire whoever that can speak the language, not people who have actual degrees that at least guarantee they're capable of teaching the language. I just love how the degree shit is peak japanese beaurocracy, I just need a degree, don't care what it is, show it or no job gaijin.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Well Panko was streaming Superliminal but after about an hour gave herself terrible motion sickness and had to end stream to go lay down.

:pippasadl:

MostlyALurker777

She has some liberal arts degree but my point was that they just hire whoever that can speak the language, not people who have actual degrees that at least guarantee they're capable of teaching the language. I just love how the degree shit is peak japanese beaurocracy, I just need a degree, don't care what it is, show it or no job gaijin.
Doesn't help that they know there are a legion of weebs that want to come over to Japan because "Nihon Sugio I want to live there" so they pay you shit and don't care if you quit cause they'll just grab any other weeb that is eager to live and work in Japan.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Ember Amane is going to stream FTL at the top of the hour, and I'm dropping a link before I take another nap and mysteriously vanish until sometime later in the day - to support Dizzy, of course:

I love this game and have streamed it a couple times myself. Vesper’s streams of it are unbeatable but I’m looking forward to Ember‘s take since she seems to know a bit about the mechanics as well.

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Amity is doing her Birthday Death day
stream on YouTube in about 30+ minutes

This is one of the most scuffed birthday streams ever lol but it's got a lot of soul
:SelenHAHAhere:
Huh also kinda confirmed they all live together IRL neat

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

On Japan's weird English Teacher programs: I think it's better to view them like a Zoo program. Quite literally, "this is a White Person and this is how they talk".

Japan's education system managed to take most of the wrong lessons from everyone else and it's actually pretty terrible & ineffective. What isn't is Japanese Mothers. As a result, there's an entire second education industry to actually learn things in Japan. At least as far as test/higher ed goes. You can see similar trends in much of the world. USA is currently is the largest shift in education in 100 years with the rolling tide of home schooling.

The only thing anyone should borrow from anyone else, at the system level in education, is much of Europe's approach to languages. But they've also got a 1000 years of cultural practice in large-scale language learning. I guess "thanks Holy Roman Empire"?

God's Strongest Dragoon

How do you guys and the Filipinos get so good at English compared to the Japanese when they also take English classes but can't speak a lick of it for the most part.
For the logical reasoning, English is lingua franca of the world. Nips often believe they don't need to interact with the world so they take a mandatory English class and then forget it entirely later on. Their English classes are also hilariously awful for various reasons. Most other countries, especially 3rd worlders, push their kids to learn English for better career opportunities. Any company in the Philippines or Indonesia that wants to operate outside their borders will usually need to learn another language, with that most often being English, and will often be looking to hire people that can speak the language.

For the historical reasoning, the Spanish ceded the Philippines to the Americans after the Spanish-American war. After the Americans put down some rebelling Flips, the Philippines was made into a US territory. While the US weren't some paragons of benevolence, we were better than the Spanish. After the Japanese took the Philippines during WW2, the Flips started to realize how nice we really are and were really happy when we told Nipnogs to fuck off. Even though they got their independence after WW2, the flips have remained the longest lasting Asian trade partners with the United States. As for the Indogs, we're the ones that gave them their independence because we liked the fact that they hated communists. We straight up told the Dutch to fuck off and to let Indonesia be their own country or we're cutting them off from Marshall plan aid. When the Indonesians planned to invade West New Guinea, the US just jumped in and told the Dutch give those territories to the Indonesians. Once they started massacring commies, we started to shovel tons of financial support down their mouths. After leftists took control of East Timor, the US gave the Indonesians even more financial and military aid so they could walk over there and "fix that". So yeah, historically the Flips and Indogs have always been our little personal SEAnigs in the Asian region.

MostlyALurker777

That is an understatement. They focus a lot on learning sentences without learning what the words truly mean or how are they correctly pronounced. So you parroting phrases from an anime and knowing what they mean more or less is the level of Japanese English.
Even worse is the fact that modern Japanese uses a lot of loanwords, but butchered and mispronounced so badly to the point of being unrecognizable.
When Polka in a collab asked how to say Retsugo "Let's go" in English, that was not a bit. And that has happened repeatedly with other members. It reflects that JP teaching of English cares little about pronunciation or how sentences work.

To be fair though, same shit happens when English speakers try to learn Spanish, so unless you are forced, learning a language is kind of complex.
It does depend on who the JTE (Japanese Teacher of English) is. There are 3 kinds you get as an ALT. You can get one that you work great with and have something of a partnership teaching English to the students. You can get one that takes full control of the class and uses you as a glorified tape recorder, and then you get one that basically makes you do all the work. The first teacher I worked with was the first kind and really liked working with them. The second teacher I worked with was the second and I hated being a tape recorder and doing busy work that went nowhere. That's when I decided to quit and get an actual job back in the States.

Airless

Active lurker
One of us, one of us

Also, Henri's been mentioned a bunch lately. Have this gem I found on vt awhile ago
untitled86.png

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I thought he did it because he is actually Pippa's friend Yuni. :smugpipi:

I've heard a lot of bad tranny voices, but that one has got to be the worst one.

How do you guys and the Filipinos get so good at English compared to the Japanese when they also take English classes but can't speak a lick of it for the most part.
because japenese is a vastly different language. english has a lot of retarded and contradictory rules Japanese cannot pronounce L's or R's and finally Japanese is a tonal launguage as in many words have different meanings specifically dependent on the tone you speak them with. (and also station relative ot who your talking to)

RhoasJonas

Capippalist
because japenese is a vastly different language. english has a lot of retarded and contradictory rules Japanese cannot pronounce L's or R's and finally Japanese is a tonal launguage as in many words have different meanings specifically dependent on the tone you speak them with. (and also station relative ot who your talking to)
If you ever talk to a Japanese ESL you can really fuck them up by alternating saying things sarcastically while also alternating your tone of voice at the same time.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Archive

I like to imagine they posted this while she's live specifically so people don't assume it's a stealth suspension.

Hope she'll be okay though, I know she's had some ongoing health issues for a while now. And she's doing the right thing by getting them looked at and treated. This is a hint for a certain other Phase streamer who lurks here.

hololive ruined /jp/

Archive

I like to imagine they posted this while she's live specifically so people don't assume it's a stealth suspension.

Hope she'll be okay though, I know she's had some ongoing health issues for a while now. And she's doing the right thing by getting them looked at and treated. This is a hint for a certain other Phase streamer who lurks here.

she has appendicitis or someshit and is getting surgery.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

It's a week and a half in the future, so I doubt it's a suspension. The timing makes me think it might be that she has a procedure scheduled and will need some time to recover from it.

She was talking about having appendicitis, right? Did she have that taken care of yet?

Topo Chico

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

RAGDOLL PICNIC STREAM (subscriber only)

God's Strongest Dragoon

It's a week and a half in the future, so I doubt it's a suspension. The timing makes me think it might be that she has a procedure scheduled and will need some time to recover from it.

She was talking about having appendicitis, right? Did she have that taken care of yet?
She basically found out her doctors are blatantly retarded and gave her drugs for her health issues instead of just giving her a surgery that solve it or else it might rupture and kill her. So she likely has surgery in a week and then she'll be gone for a month to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom