"Thank you. I'm okay with it because I've seen Kobo with Sana before and I know that when I'm sad, it's okay to be honest and sad. I'll be friends with loneliness today. I will be fine in time. My poop is great today"Pako

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

wrp

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Vei's unbanned :Ame-BOO:
I can let the Twitch Woman Pass fly if it prevents the Twitter speds who got mad at her for saying the retard word from feeling validated.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Amiya Aranha making some buckos in picrew!

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
First, having a completely fake personality is really draining - most people can't keep it up for long.
Some people wear the mask long enough that they can do it permanently, like Luna.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Anyone who is worried about if a vtuber's personality is like their roommate has spent too much time on nyfco

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

UberSoldat

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

That doofus bear and her weird way of vocalizing the "ssh" sound.
Does that happen because of teeth or tongue glitch?

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
So you guys don't ever think about what is or isn't a part of their character? Not sure why everyone is giving me negative reactions...
There's a few things you should expect.
Streaming voice: voice is louder, clearer, more "special", cute and so on then they would sound all day in normal situations. Most of these women have some interest in voice acting this should be no surprise. Likewise ones with very particular voices probably force a more neutral sound in day to day talking to not sound weird.
Playing up entertaining stuff: Funny stories and quirks get puffed up, boring mundane things get omitted or downplayed.
Not Docksinging themselves: They're going to leave out details that would ID them and I suspect many are encouraged to obscure thier age at least on stream too.
I try to... But I can't help but get caught up in wondering if there's any sincerity in what they're saying or what they're doing.
I think you should judge them by the merit of their streams and how they actually behave towards thier fans. "I love all my fans so much so thankful" does thier behavior and commitment to streaming reflect this? Are they making life choices to support keeping up a schedual and doing a good stream?
When they actually interact with viewers are they supportive and kind?
Eventually they will fuck up and blurt out something like my boyfriend.
:pippasquish:Yeah Me
Illeatemallandtwiceonsunday.gif
:wtfman::shiinawangy::polkasticks:
I won't feel sorry for you when you learn something horrible about the true nature of the rag doll...
Have you learned anything horrible about a vtuber or something?
Did she get a stealth suspension?
It's probably due to her death in the family:pippasadl:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Archive

Lisa, blink twice if you need help.

geezuz i was semi joking earlier but two accedent so close together.....is someone actually poisoning her?
One thing that leaves me feeling irritated with watching vtubers is that I think too much with telling whether or not what they're saying is just a part of their character or if they're being sincere. Like, is their attitude real? Is this their actual sense of humor? Are these two vtubers actually having fun on stream together? Is this emotional story that they're telling even real?

Do you guys ever get caught up in thinking about this?

It's stuff like this that makes me feel irritated for getting even a little bit invested in the drama. I really want to know the full story of what's going on with EIEN but we'll probably never get a conclusive answer. Is Riffu just mentally unstable or is the company actually that corrupt?
Better that then questioning nothing or assuming everything is a lie. some simp's/anti's do.
Ponwolfo will take this week off besides the L4D collab on Thursday

The RRat grows.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Anyone who is worried about if a vtuber's personality is like their roommate has spent too much time on nyfco

But how do I know if the cute anime girl on the screen is just like my destined wife who doesn't realize she's in love with me yet but will once I creep into her bed tonight from where I'm hidden in her closet?

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
But how do I know if the cute anime girl on the screen is just like my destined wife who doesn't realize she's in love with me yet but will once I creep into her bed tonight from where I'm hidden in her closet?
Sounds like a job for a good old save-scum :smugpipi:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Negzana

I wonder how many vtuber talents see themselves not as the actor for some character but the character themselves and play their personalities out to some degree even in real life. Makes me also wonder what the talents call eachother in private. I would assume EN probably calls themselves their real names like Sena or Agnes or whatever in private but do they do the same for JP?

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
This Airi break comes out of nowhere and right after the AMD stream, where she was playing fast and loose with the possible copyright claims. She even shared tidbits of the 90+ notifications she got on her yt account after the stream.
Sakana, I swear to God, I'm gonna lose it if you start stealth suspending talents.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I wonder how many vtuber talents see themselves not as the actor for some character but the character themselves and play their personalities out to some degree even in real life. Makes me also wonder what the talents call eachother in private. I would assume EN probably calls themselves their real names like Sena or Agnes or whatever in private but do they do the same for JP?
Way back in the day, we'd always use our forum handles during weeb meetups.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I remember gura let slip a "Rebecca" while talking live to Ame, and Ina began forming "Tara" but stopped herself in time when addressing mooms, there's a point to be made about them using special names with each other and not their direct IRL names.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
I always wonder why people always assume they would call each other by their real names offline? people call each other usernames all the time in real life and there 0 benefit from calling each other anything else, I wouldn't surprise if some the girls don't even know each other real names unless they were already friend before Holo and even them Karen probably calls Kiara Keeki offstream.

I remember gura let slip a "Rebecca" while talking live to Ame, and Ina began forming "Tara" but stopped herself in time when addressing mooms, there's a point to be made about them using special names with each other and not their direct IRL names.
The Gura one wasnt really a slip up, just an unfortunate coincidence, she was trying to think of names that people usually shorten and came up with Rebeca to Becca if anything this is more proof to me that she probably didn't know that was Ame's real name or she wouldn't hade said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom