"Yesterday, it was the blood moon rising..."Hakos Baelz

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
I still enjoy her, and i probably always will. But if 3-5 streams a month becomes the norm i don't know if i can justify staying a member. I was okay with the long break because that was "supposed" to be temporary and then back to normal. I'm happy she gets to sing and do the concerts but if that kills actual streams, and i got the impression that stuff is going to increase, then idk. Supporting your oshi is one thing but there is a limit were you are not getting your moneys worth.

YlAkZ02UzAWk

unicorn puppet 2view is doing webdev (again)

kestraline

Early Adopter
1681509802056.png

Poach Invaders anniversary.

Piarro

Early Adopter
Or literally just anything, really, would do at this pont.
She doesn't need to say that this is the new normal for us to know this is the new normal. It's okay, at least Fauna and Vesper stream a lot.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Management does not get blamed enough for the non-communication issue. I believe it is a failure of Cover management as much if not more than Gura herself. If the talent is unable to communicate for whatever reason, the company should step in and do it for them. Cover has shown even with Japanese talents that they hesitate to do more than the absolute bare minimum when it comes to this.
But who knows, maybe I'm just a dumb Western fan and the Japanese fans are more willing to sit in silence.
She can go on as many breaks as she wants, the issue is she doesn't communitcate. Ever. People are far more tolerant of Ina, for example, because she actually keeps people in the loop. We know Ina is sick, we know Ina has to do work for her birthday in Japan, etc. Gura never says anything.

No one in their line of business has a shift in content frequency as big as Gura's and just never properly addresses it. If frequent periods of inactivity are the new norm for the forseeable future, then come out and say it. Don't pussy around the issue, and only show up when people get antsy. It just feels like teasing the fanbase with shit like "Fish is back!" and then radio silence. Cover and Gura are doing this to themselves.
FXtbpSYUsAcrxdp.jpg:large

All of this shit its literally the same things that Ayame does and we are towards her 5th Anniv. this just gets drama status because Cumbuds are little bitches and Numberfagging its not gay when you use Gura for some reason

Bumbling Fat Moron

Not As Spooky as a Still Image Ghost

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
People bitched about Ayame back the homeland alot for a while, they eventualy just stopped caring about her at all. Gura hasn't reached that point of apathy.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
She doesn't need to say that this is the new normal for us to know this is the new normal. It's okay, at least Fauna and Vesper stream a lot.
My point is, she does if she is not expecting some kind of backlash, which her and Cover are clearly not if they continue the same crap from November-December last year. I am not expecting them to change, just frustrated with people expecting others to not say anything about it. It would be another thing entirely if this situation wasn't an exact repeat of when it happend just a couple months ago.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

All of this shit its literally the same things that Ayame does and we are towards her 5th Anniv. this just gets drama status because Cumbuds are little bitches and Numberfagging its not gay when you use Gura for some reason
Shocking that the English speaking fans make more of a fuss over the English speaking talent as compared to the Japanese speaking talent.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

All of this shit its literally the same things that Ayame does and we are towards her 5th Anniv. this just gets drama status because Cumbuds are little bitches Numberfagging its not gay when you use Gura for some reason
Well, how many people here watched Ayame consistently here anyway? Of course people are going to complain about Gura, because people here actually watched her. I imagine people here just don't care enough about Ayame not streaming.
Lot of Chumbuds here, and they want their oshi back. Can't say I blame 'em really.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I wonder what they've been doing with these applications and the people who apply for it. Assuming the talents have almost full creative control over whatever they request, whether that be art or music or whatever, wouldn't they or their manager reach out to artists and musicians/engineers they wish to work with? Why make these applications, then?
I guess they're going the lawyer route to avoid having to wait 6 months in queue to have their project looked at, if you have these niggas on retainer you can push out content faster which it seems like it's their plan. I respect jew corp's approach of fast and furious until we run out of money but they're setting some very unrealistic standards for other corps and possible talents.

It wouldn't surprise me if the kawaii girls put their foot down demanding a better deal like what idol offers cause they're doing it and probably told to fuck off and they obliged. The other girls don't complain because they already renegotiated their contracts and probably got a better deal, holo girls do this too after their first year that's why there's the meme of gura living off of 5 streams a year because her new contract probably only demands her to show up to corporate shilling and events. We'll probably start seeing a bit more entitlement from talents in the corpo scene thanks to Idol which can be good since some corpos can be worse than the actual jews running a company lmao.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Gura mentioned having fainting spells a while back, which I would assume is a big part of the health issue that's been holding her back from streaming.

This is why I'm more forgiving of the holdups, since if this is a frequent thing it must be genuinely terrifying being in front of so many people knowing this could happen at any time. It would also explain why she's dedicating more time to the concerts and events as they're produced in a more controlled environment.

The communication is the main problem because it's a noticeable cycle of comeback stream, extended break, repeat. I think it'd be in her interest to brainstorm ideas for prerecorded videos she could put out during downtime so her fans still have something to watch, at the very least, because dead air doesn't inspire confidence no matter the context.

GOTBB

Goomba was told to turn off pre-chat because no mods around (and probably because they were sperging out)
View attachment 20442
Also gonna just say it now. I really kinda doubt she’s gonna elaborate on the pinned message and probably won’t say anything on stream about it.
goopray.jpg

I do not expect anything.
I am just enjoying what I get.
I do not think she is lazy, just, comfortable.
While I would like more transparency so many people are so fucked about it I am more on the side of "fuck 'em, give them nothing".

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
I got it fellas.

:cursedbae::cursedbae::cursedbae::cursedbae::cursedbae::cursedbae: :cursedbae:

Jewcorp is conspiring with Cover and paying them the really good shekels to keep Gura on break. This is so Yuko can keep profiting from her time slot and convert more chumbuds into boo bros. She just gained 40k subs in under 2 weeks so I'm certain it's working.

TLDR always blame the Jews Man I just want the shark to communicate more

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Enough about the truant shark, the consistent Kirin is playing more Faith and lamenting Tim Buckley's failure as an comic artist.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Same color scheme, same angel motif. Very subtle. At this point she might just scream "I AM ALETTA! I AM STILL ALIVE!". (its a temporary model btw)
View attachment 20436
View attachment 20435
Also guess who she is linking in her description. Again very subtle. View attachment 20438
This also proves the bad blood between Gen 3 and Oceane/Zoey. If that was all smoke and mirrors as well, you'd think she'd be listed below too.
@NolanCrush why did you delete that message?

Lolcows really shouldn't be allowed to edit or delete their posts.
Nolan got his ability to delete posts on the farms removed for a reason. Although I think it's funny, dunno if I want that here. We'd get more incidents like earlier today where he's half the posts on a page, off-topic, rambling about some inane personal Twitter or Discord bullshit. All the while, I eye my broom with malicious intent.

Toreador4536

if you have these niggas on retainer you can push out content faster which it seems like it's their plan.
Damn, so they're possibly putting them under some kind of independent contractor stuff from the get go? way to go, jewcorp lol

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
All the while, I eye my broom with malicious intent.
Do you think if you hit Nolan hard enough on the head you'll cure him?
Worth a shot I say.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Now would be a great time to get caught up on Gura's vods. If you actually like her content, that is. Applies to any streamer who goes on hiatus, really.

I personally spend way more time watching vods than live streams. When I'm in the mood for some stream content I like - usually Jump King or something - I just find a vod. If that's your approach, hiatuses aren't really that big a deal, considering the sheer quantity of vods out there.

Horo7618

No one in particular
I'm honestly impressed how many Gura antis on the level of /vt/ have popped up here...
I think people really need to stop being so hard on Gura. Call me a cuck or whatever you want, but I think given what we've seen of her and what she's constantly said about her current situation - a) poor health, b) busy schedule with other things related to holo, and c) computer and ISP messing with her - her taking her time to not stream is okay.
It's the "other things related to holo" that I find somwhat puzzling - I mean stream prep and stuff is obviously a part of it if they are streaming, and every business has a bunch of pointless shit to wade through and meetings that could have been handled much more quickly by email, but there still seems to be a vast amount of this work compared to the amount of talents' "other stuff" that actually gets produced in a way that we see it. Are they doing a ton of promotion work for stuff in Japan that we don't see overseas? Is it just a plausible-sounding excuse that gets overused? Or is Cover just that colossally inefficient?

[edit] And why is it that this other stuff they're doing seems more important to Cover than streaming? Like if their primary income source is from streamers streaming that seems like it ought to be more important to them than these semi-mythical 'other projects', but many talents act like it's the other way round....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom