"We're girlkeep gateboss queens"Rosemi Lovelock

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
BTW this is the pinned comment on the pre-chat, a little update from Gura about her streaming schedule:
View attachment 20439
Goomba was told to turn off pre-chat because no mods around (and probably because they were sperging out)
IMG_1244.png
Also gonna just say it now. I really kinda doubt she’s gonna elaborate on the pinned message and probably won’t say anything on stream about it.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Something interesting I've had up in background. Reina Sun from Kawaii streaming an "endurance" run to 44,444 subscribers. She's been on for two hours, however her sub count has not gone up much and she's been alternating between 2 view and 3 view. The only reason I am even bothering to post this is because she hinted at ending the stream if she gets to 44,200 subs. Yikes. She shoulda released a Gawr Gura short (also I'm not sure if her money counter is broken, but it has stayed at 75/2000 dollar goal for the entire week, I don't know how reflective this is of the other Kawaii girls but damn)

EDIT: Counter is not broken as it just went up 10 dollars, hooooooooooooooooooooooly shit
EDIT: Has confirmed that she's gone up 27 subs during the stream

Last edited:

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Goomba was told to turn off pre-chat because no mods around (and probably because they were sperging out)
View attachment 20442
Also gonna just say it now. I really kinda doubt she’s gonna elaborate on the pinned message and probably won’t say anything on stream about it.
How the fuck does the most subscribed vtuber in the platform not have mods (or automod/nightbot) available?

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
I'm honestly impressed how many Gura antis on the level of /vt/ have popped up here...
I think people really need to stop being so hard on Gura. Call me a cuck or whatever you want, but I think given what we've seen of her and what she's constantly said about her current situation - a) poor health, b) busy schedule with other things related to holo, and c) computer and ISP messing with her - her taking her time to not stream is okay.

Now, before you all get on her case about her communication issues, let me put it in a way that you all can understand:
Gura's like Pippa. She overthinks almost everything she says to others. If you watched her recent minecraft stream you'll understand this. Unlike PIppa, however, Gura doesn't have a particularly "close" relationship with her fanbase like Pippa does, since her fanbase is literally the largest of all and the hardest to tardwrangle. So trying to say anything to them is always a constant battle of anxiety and worrying that she'll end up making things worse by saying anything at all. It's part of the reason you see her make so many short silly tweets - she spends 30 minutes or more trying to say something (usually something serious) but she can't find the right words to say it and she'll end up deleting everything and choosing to not say anything at all.

Personally, I really hope she sees a therapist, like how Pippa should, about her communication/anxiety issues. But again, she has so many other health problems and such a busy schedule that I can understand why therapy might be difficult.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Finally this should have been a Debut week game also:
1681507995217.png

The deal its with the Japanese Take-two interactive

bigsrc

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
OMG GURA! And this time it isn’t Minecraft

Can't believed they trained the Gura AI on something that wasn't Minecraft. Vedal needs to step up his game to compete.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Good strat for the ex-Kawaii girls to keep their hair color (and overall color scheme) similar. Way easier for people to associate them with their past life.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I'm honestly impressed how many Gura antis on the level of /vt/ have popped up here...
I think people really need to stop being so hard on Gura. Call me a cuck or whatever you want, but I think given what we've seen of her and what she's constantly said about her current situation - a) poor health, b) busy schedule with other things related to holo, and c) computer and ISP messing with her - her taking her time to not stream is okay.

Now, before you all get on her case about her communication issues, let me put it in a way that you all can understand:
Gura's like Pippa. She overthinks almost everything she says to others. If you watched her recent minecraft stream you'll understand this. Unlike PIppa, however, Gura doesn't have a particularly "close" relationship with her fanbase like Pippa does, since her fanbase is literally the largest of all and the hardest to tardwrangle. So trying to say anything to them is always a constant battle of anxiety and worrying that she'll end up making things worse by saying anything at all. It's part of the reason you see her make so many short silly tweets - she spends 30 minutes or more trying to say something (usually something serious) but she can't find the right words to say it and she'll end up deleting everything and choosing to not say anything at all.

Personally, I really hope she sees a therapist, like how Pippa should, about her communication/anxiety issues. But again, she has so many other health problems and such a busy schedule that I can understand why therapy might be difficult.
Management does not get blamed enough for the non-communication issue. I believe it is a failure of Cover management as much if not more than Gura herself. If the talent is unable to communicate for whatever reason, the company should step in and do it for them. Cover has shown even with Japanese talents that they hesitate to do more than the absolute bare minimum when it comes to this.

But who knows, maybe I'm just a dumb Western fan and the Japanese fans are more willing to sit in silence.

Good strat for the ex-Kawaii girls to keep their hair color (and overall color scheme) similar. Way easier for people to associate them with their past life.
It's not just the hair color. It's pretty much everything they can possibly do that isn't directly saying who their PL was (which likely breaks whatever agreement/NDA they have with PK). Sava/Gezu/Mozumi Pichi even uses the same intro music since vtuber corps are obsessed with using stock music.

Last edited:

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Something interesting I've had up in background. Reina Sun from Kawaii streaming an "endurance" run to 44,444 subscribers. She's been on for two hours, however her sub count has not gone up much and she's been alternating between 2 view and 3 view. The only reason I am even bothering to post this is because she hinted at ending the stream if she gets to 44,200 subs. Yikes. She shoulda released a Gawr Gura short (also I'm not sure if her money counter is broken, but it has stayed at 75/2000 dollar goal for the entire week, I don't know how reflective this is of the other Kawaii girls but damn)

Yah, shorts are good for subs but not for CCV, and having those numbers but barely being a 3-view must cause serious imposter syndrome.

Airless

Active lurker
I agree but I don't think the residents here are legitimate Gura antis, at least not to the same degree as /vt/
That said I'm convinced there's some kind of gayops going on. /vt/ catalog spam is expected but the influx of comments on nyfco, reddit, Twitter, and her comments section seems a little suspicious, especially since inconsistent streaming isn't exactly new to Myth

The Rrat

Early Adopter
View attachment 20442
She can go on as many breaks as she wants, the issue is she doesn't communitcate. Ever. People are far more tolerant of Ina, for example, because she actually keeps people in the loop. We know Ina is sick, we know Ina has to do work for her birthday in Japan, etc. Gura never says anything.

No one in their line of business has a shift in content frequency as big as Gura's and just never properly addresses it. If frequent periods of inactivity are the new norm for the forseeable future, then come out and say it. Don't pussy around the issue, and only show up when people get antsy. It just feels like teasing the fanbase with shit like "Fish is back!" and then radio silence. Cover and Gura are doing this to themselves.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
I agree but I don't think the residents here are legitimate Gura antis, at least not to the same degree as /vt/
That said I'm convinced there's some kind of gayops going on. /vt/ catalog spam is expected but the influx of comments on nyfco, reddit, Twitter, and her comments section seems a little suspicious, especially since inconsistent streaming isn't exactly new to Myth
IDK if it's gayops, but she already had 2 "return streams" since the new year. Your fan base's good will eventually will run out, and I think that's what's been happening.
The February cash grab wasn't subtle either (coming back for a week during valentines and taking a break again)

Piarro

Early Adopter
She can go on as many breaks as she wants, the issue is she doesn't communitcate. Ever.
She's (hopefully) doing what's best for her, if that doesn't involve streaming that often I can't really fault her. I would love if I could just opt out of certain aspects of my job in favor of others.

kestraline

Early Adopter

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
But SHIINA you're LACTOSE INTOLERANT and GLUTEN SENSITIVE! :panik:

:wtfman: :shiinawangy:

No Name

Nolan, you should use different account names for different social media and different email accounts. People can search for your name and find your entire internet history, and the wider your internet footprint, the easier it is to find information about you and link your online posts to your real self. That's not good. Especially with how much people dislike you.

And, should you ever wish to cut off one part of your internet personality, you can't do it because it's all linked together.
People have tried to teach him this for a long time. Thing is, Nolan wouldn't be Nolan if he did those things.
Nolan this is a Vtuber thread. No one gives a shit about your Twitter arguments. Get a Vtuber model and autistically post videos about it and then you can include it here.
I unironically would love to see it. This idea will make me sleep well tonight.
Pretty certain a lot of it is just taking the piss out of the whole thing. Don't know how many tourists have come speeding by screeching the sharks name though.

On an unrelated note, fuck me the thread has been zooming a lot lately. I can't take a couple of days break and enjoy life outside my cell without coming back to heaps of pages.

Toreador4536

Archive

Idol Corp. are looking to take on in-house audio mixers and music producers, which suggests they're taking music a bit more seriously than other corpos which is promising.

I wonder what they've been doing with these applications and the people who apply for it. Assuming the talents have almost full creative control over whatever they request, whether that be art or music or whatever, wouldn't they or their manager reach out to artists and musicians/engineers they wish to work with? Why make these applications, then?

The Rrat

Early Adopter
She's (hopefully) doing what's best for her, if that doesn't involve streaming that often I can't really fault her. I would love if I could just opt out of certain aspects of my job in favor of others.
"Hey, I am shifting my focus in Hololive from streaming to bigger projects. Due to this, for the forseeable future, I will unfortunately have less time to stream while I am working on them. I hope you all will look forward to the projects down the road and continue to support me!"

Or

"Unfortunately, my health issues have still made it difficult for me to stream on a regular, consistent basis. I need to divide my time between streams and work on projects while focusing on my own personal health. I hope you understand and continue to support me"

Or literally just anything, really, would do at this point.

fortnitesmasherX

EDIT: Counter is not broken as it just went up 10 dollars, hooooooooooooooooooooooly shit
EDIT: Has confirmed that she's gone up 27 subs during the stream

I guess the gen 3 girls made the right choice to jump ship.

She can go on as many breaks as she wants, the issue is she doesn't communitcate. Ever.
It's fine if she doesn't stream again. There are plenty of other vtubers out there to fill in the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom