"Get some help"Kaela Kovalskia

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

niggaphil

That's one way to open memberships and superchats.
Edit: Would get even funnier if it makes the news.

@The Proctor gonna feature this stupid news in vta right?

Anyway, this is my reaction:
c6e.jpg

Guess I am wrong

Peachmoon

The Assman
I've entertained the idea before, but as someone who hates their voice and can barely hold a conversation with people I've known for decades, I always just dismiss it as "sure would be nice, but it'll never happen".
I wouldn't even know what to talk about. Until you've got a decent number of viewer to have an active chat (which may not ever happen), you're essentially talking to yourself out loud for hours, right? I just can't imagine being able to do that.
Yes. You will absolutely be shouldering most of the talking. However.
I think relying too much on chat reaction as a beginner is where a lot of newbie vtubers get discouraged and down on themselves. There has to be a fine balance of giving enough attention to your chatters and making the content and your "performance" fun/interesting enough for them to stay.

Never forget that as a vtuber you can definitely detach yourself a lot more than you think and get absorbed into the keyfabe--it gives me the nostalgic feeling of the reason people fled to the old net or mmos: to become someone different than they are irl without shame or insecurities boggling you down. I think this is what I like most about it--virtual larp-- bring a cute anime character is the best part. So own it!

It's been a good learning experience BEING the vtuber if anything else, and it's a LOT of hard work in terms of maintaining energy and learning improvisation on the fly. I completely understand how many burn out, even just 2-3 hours of streaming is a lot.

But here's what I've got so far if you're thinking of going for it:
Playing games and making commentary to yourself is definitely a way to make up for a slower chat. Playing games is also the hardest type of content to make more interesting because if the viewers don't care for the game, the less likely they'll stay. It's also tough to juggle focusing on the game and conversing with chat. Definitely stick to playing games you enjoy (or hate ) so that you can talk more about it, and infectiously get your chat involved too.

When it comes to doing zatsudan, deep dives, or focused/planned content, this is where things can really shine--it helps to have a reaction from a chat but you can circumvent a lack thereof by also leaving less time for dead air and having content to review in depth. Reading weird archived posts and bringing up obscure facts and questions is a good way to get a ride out of yourself and chat too. Think of it as pre-recording for a YT video; chat being there is a bonus!

Not to mention, the model IS important--if you have the privilege of owning an L2d model, figure out your toggles and animate yourself as much as possible. The better you are at piloting the "mech," the more people will stay just to see your reactions too. Sometimes streams can just be talking about your day or a traumatic childhood experience and making your model dramatically react to it. Working with assets and coming up with skits is good too.

Side note: I empathize with shy/awkward moots. I've found that maybe I'm more schizo or something bc I don't mind talking to myself even when there's slow days oops. They really weren't joking when they said a vtuber actually is some level of mentally ill... incredible...

Peachmoon

The Assman
If you're not yabai as fuck I would be quite happy to boost your early streams or debut with an announcement to the effect of 'this thing is just starting out, go gawk at them and wait for the funny to happen' or something.

I don't guarantee a positive reception or anything like that, but one of the things I wanted to do by creating this site was give a place for new talents to show themselves and get honest feedback.
Oops just saw this one (sorry for double reply posts guys) but I appreciate the sentiment, Proctor. You're a real one. The thought alone is fine.
I was a pngtuber last year to test the waters and just debuted my L2D 3 weeks ago! Zaion's termination and Pippa's breakdowns being the things that really got me determined to push forward.
I will say I had a very generous debut of 100+ people after building up the hype all throughout March, and even if it's gone down to Abt 20% of that, I won't give up! It's amazing to even have 20 or 30 people show up to a nobody indie haha...
I won't stop anyone from finding me, but I'll stay on the downlow! :gurasemperfi: I'll make you aspiring vtubers proud.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Oops just saw this one (sorry for double reply posts guys) but I appreciate the sentiment, Proctor. You're a real one. The thought alone is fine.
I was a pngtuber last year to test the waters and just debuted my L2D 3 weeks ago! Zaion's termination and Pippa's breakdowns being the things that really got me determined to push forward.
I will say I had a very generous debut of 100+ people after building up the hype all throughout March, and even if it's gone down to Abt 20% of that, I won't give up! It's amazing to even have 20 or 30 people show up to a nobody indie haha...
I won't stop anyone from finding me, but I'll stay on the downlow! :gurasemperfi: I'll make you aspiring vtubers proud.
:kropat:
Protip: you can edit posts.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Hologra

Upcoming video about Azumalim's moto travel.

And another Mireia singing day

edit. Greatest Yagoo song ^_^

Last edited:

Stunned But Dumb

Is this the first vtuber to get arrested while active?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I like her outfit. Its simple like the last Kronii reveal, but imo looks way better. Most vtubers are insanely over designed, so I appreciate the simplicity
A-chan best design.

>video about momy vtubers
>starts defending vshojo
I'd bring up a correlation between attending gender studies and liking vshojo but i think that would be too low-hanging of the fruit

It's a setup for the coomerbait archetype video.
"Almost all agency vtuber generations somehow always have a mommy"
Out of Hololive you have Mio and Fauna, maybe Noel.
Out of Niji, you have Nina and I'd bet maybe 1 or 2 JPs, I don't keep up with them.

This is not "Almost all generations somehow have one"

fuckin' what?
For Hololive:
  • Gen 0 Maybe AZKi (after design changes)
  • Gen 1 Aki
  • Gen 2 Choco
  • Gamers Mio
  • Fantasy -
  • Gen 4 -
  • Gen 5 -
  • Holo X Lui
  • ID 1 -
  • ID 2 Reine
  • ID 3 -
  • Myth -
  • Council Fauna
Roughly a 50/50 split, all things considered. There are plenty of edge cases, but none of them are really a match.

Subaru as Nabeshin/Shinichi Watanabe?

I can dig it.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
She should have had a didgeridoo playing throughout the video. But, not surprised they actually like it and compared it to miso. Bae really should be fair and have them eat it properly as well, on buttered bread, maybe with some cheese (as the lion suggested - a good suggestion). I've never had it, but I eat marmite with bread and butter and toasted cheese and it is quite good (you gotta use a small amount though.) If it's like marmite, you CAN put it in hot water and make a drink out of it (like Bovril).
She did have Miko and Roboco try it on bread in the first video, since Roboco basically threw up the straight-taste. I guess she opted out if it for Subaru and Botan, because both were fine with it without bread.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Nice.
:kroniiphone:

For Hololive Main Channel Members; the next English zatsu by A-chan
8ees0ngcnpWzkkiT7Dg68MMJSUVtM5l7GuCgB0uJxhB10xGvTNRMSET8drgCJHVJpV0s7GRpH8eK=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1

Limkin

Everyone woke up and chose violence today, with 3 new outfits all being the comfiest coziest pieces of clothing I ever gazed my eyes upon. A breath of fresh air in the industry filled with overdesigned models full of gimmicky features. Also Pippa went full NSO with that color palette swap. I love it, it reminds me of Fauna mentioning early how she wants to be able to change her hair color for different seasons instead of always staying green

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
I've caught up on both the chess stream and the breastfeeding roleplayers, and my only conclusion is that we've strayed too far from God to be saved. And I'm writing this on Easter, ffs.

Bug Eater

Last edited:

Stunned But Dumb

chihirogumi

The first official scrimmages for Vsaikyo 5 have begun. Here are a few streams from Chii-chan and a few other vtubers you're all familiar with.
Chihiro Yuki

La+ Darkness (Chii-chan's teammate)

Sumire Kaga (Chii-chan's teammate)

For English speakers, here is Axel's stream (teamed with Selen and Altare)

Other notable vtuber teams:
Matsuri Natsuiro (teamed with Elu and Ema Aizawa)

Noah Kurumi (teamed with Kaede Higuchi and Tosaka Mimi)

Astel Leda (teamed with Ars Almal and Asumi Sena)

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter

A true chuuni knows how to cook in languages they don't even really know.

Vih

Doog
Accuse him of transphobia, easy.

I sort of gave up on keeping up with this thread, way too many posts and too little time.
That'll just get him cancelled on twitter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
1681040401935.png

Perfect response from Lia.

Twitter

Last edited:

Piarro

Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom