"Maniac? Don't talk about Lumi pooping! That's rude! Is that what you're into? You guys like the scat, chat? I said it, yes I fucking did"Amanogawa Shiina

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Agreed. It's fun to joke about fish man poaching but unless he's making moves behind the scenes to somehow cause these companies to fail, what he does is more akin to collecting. Of course he has his own motive (profit) so it's not "saving" as he's joked before but he does come along with a mutually beneficial offer for them and that to me is just smart business.
I don't remember the timeline with Lumi and Yuri(?) so I didn't include them.

I remember CyberLive dissolving as an agency and becoming an umbrella term/unit name for the remaining members to be labelled as as Indies, and I know they subsequently became Aetheria. I don't remember at what point this happened but if Phase came knocking while they were still an agency and Lumi still had managerial duties I would definitely describe them as poached too.

The person behind Bora Nun maybe got enticed by VSPO while a contract was still active too but tbh I'm still unsure if that move worked out for her in the way she thought it would, which makes me very sad.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Vesper is back from Japan

Glad he came back, nont know if he was already planning to go back or this in response to recent event, but regardless staying in japan after all the issues he had would have been a poor decision.

A lot of the discussion about 'poaching' depends entirely on our own definitions of what it means, but poaching to me has always been one entity stealing a participant from another entity while a contract was still active.

I think what a lot of people tend to ignore in regards to Kson and Nazuna is that:
A) Kson and Mikeneko are Indies and were therefore not poached from anyone.
B) Coco and Rushia did not have the option to remain at Hololive open to them as one was terminated and the other was effectively squeezed out.

Similarly, letting your contract run out like Moruru (Luna), being effectively axed like Nobuhime (Polka), or graduating due to a family situation and then subsequently joining a smaller company a year later (Tomoshika) probably doesn't qualify.

The only person I would reasonably describe as 'poached' would be yoinking Rosemi only a couple weeks after joining Tsunderia, but even then it's not like Nijisanji went to her directly, they just accepted her into Obsydia and gave her the decision on her career path. Komori Met to VSPO could also be considered poaching but eh...she's been a solo talent under 774 for a while so her connection to VSPO and subsequent move felt very organic.
While yes nor Kson/Mike or one the tsunderia girls joining another corpo after quitting getting fire or the company going under are poaching, the term poaching is kinda throw around a lot with a nebulous catch all meaning , ultimately is a girl willingly not renewing their contract because they know a different company has a better offer in store for them poaching? by definition no, but would probably be frowned upon in this kinda industry where tribalism and brand pride is so prevalent.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Agreed. It's fun to joke about fish man poaching but unless he's making moves behind the scenes to somehow cause these companies to fail, what he does is more akin to collecting.
I think Fishman referred to it as "saving."

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
It'd be more accurate to say Sakana will be scavenging some of the talent.

And we know he will, just a matter of who and when.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
The key word here is "tact", which is something all of chat seems to lack. It's one thing to speculate in a place that doesn't involve the talent. It's another thing to sperg out and ask the talent directly.

Amiya especially is one people need to leave alone. But every Tsunderia talent should be respected and left to deal with it their own way. Here's hoping most of them bounce back.
At least dreamweavers are not complete idiots and understand that this topic is one to be avoided. Tourists currently in Amiya's chat are behaving too.
A quality funny schizo, but every single time I watch a Shadow clip and hear that voice I feel like I get put on an FBI watchlist. Jesus.
You already were on the watchlist, humble kiwi farmer.

Last edited:

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Pippa may have Chase and Henri but meanwhile at Shadows

A quality funny schizo, but every single time I watch a Shadow clip and hear that voice I feel like I get put on an FBI watchlist. Jesus.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20230126-171204-786.png
Trollma strikes again, even though she's probably gonna just play the PS1 version I wonder how many troons will sperg in the chat/replies

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

Tempus funny man was asked to lower the ramp for a disabled passenger. He just quietly closed the doors and drove away.
I like him.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
If there's anything positive that came out of Sana's graduation it'd be that I will never see that abomination of a genderbend ever again.
It was the only one that was actually funny.

I refuse to believe that the things happening in his streams aren't staged. Seriously, what are the chances?

Altare is just staring at the creeper for a good 10 seconds before it blows up.

kukkia

Early Adopter
The person behind Bora Nun maybe got enticed by VSPO while a contract was still active too but tbh I'm still unsure if that move worked out for her in the way she thought it would, which makes me very sad.
Does Nekota Tsuna not do well? I don't really watch her but I thought she was doing fine, hadn't heard about anything bad.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Fantastic Juna commissioned art that she retweeted. Author's work are nsfw and seems to mostly do humanoid monsters.
FnRcaU1aUAAWiTt

Here's another high quality Juna art piece that I saw today. She's getting some really good ones.
FnZlV24XEAAqYNL.jpgFnZlWYkXoAEZvGR.jpg

vestars20

Early Adopter
A lot of the discussion about 'poaching' depends entirely on our own definitions of what it means, but poaching to me has always been one entity stealing a participant from another entity while a contract was still active.

I think what a lot of people tend to ignore in regards to Kson and Nazuna is that:
A) Kson and Mikeneko are Indies and were therefore not poached from anyone.
B) Coco and Rushia did not have the option to remain at Hololive open to them as one was terminated and the other was effectively squeezed out.

Similarly, letting your contract run out like Moruru (Luna), being effectively axed like Nobuhime (Polka), or graduating due to a family situation and then subsequently joining a smaller company a year later (Tomoshika) probably doesn't qualify.

The only person I would reasonably describe as 'poached' would be yoinking Rosemi only a couple weeks after joining Tsunderia, but even then it's not like Nijisanji went to her directly, they just accepted her into Obsydia and gave her the decision on her career path. Komori Met to VSPO could also be considered poaching but eh...she's been a solo talent under 774 for a while so her connection to VSPO and subsequent move felt very organic.
Wait, Tomo had a past life? Can I get some info?

Met is the closest to Lumi and Yuri, I am assuming her contract ended or she was "sold". Kson, Nazuna/cat, and others are all reincarnations while the Tsunderia talents have the benefit of not needing to build their character and communities again. I would argue that if Rushia was allowed to keep her character she would be much more popular, especially in Japan, as old gags and relationships would still be relevant; as it is now it must feel like four years of content were just deleted.

Poaching is the wrong word to use but that is besides the point. Sakuna clearly played well with the other companies. Tsunderia bet on talent working all the roles with intellectual property as the bargain and it didn't work out. Tumult will be rougher for some but getting to continue building their community is a pretty lucky break.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Asmongold has already been infected by the mold. It's too late.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Vesper Space.
Said he plans to not leave his apartment for a few months, don't know how serious he was with that one though.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Does Nekota Tsuna not do well? I don't really watch her but I thought she was doing fine, hadn't heard about anything bad.
Her viewership is about the same as Bora's nowadays, and her SC donations look like this:
Bora - $80k in 15 months (omitting the $50k she made from graduation).
Tsuna - $30k in 7 months (projecting $60k in 14 months which would be less than Bora).

Tsuna has 307k subs to Bora's 240k, and Bora left months prior to the merge and NijiKR's incline, so it's difficult to determine if there was really much material difference in now and what could've been.

At least to me from the outside looking in, her switch only really ended up losing her easy access to Nijisanji collabs. Selen said that Bora wished her a happy new year after she graduated but the pair don't even follow each other on twitter as Selen and Tsuna.

Wait, Tomo had a past life? Can I get some info?
Tomoshika has long since been rumoured to be Nijisanji's Nakao Azuma in JP circles. I've never really done any comprehensive digging myself so take it with a grain of salt.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Caramel Idol is streaming:

Netscaper

Early Adopter

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Fauna is live with Minecraft.

Mumei will likely join her in around 3 hours when her stream begins

Bae won’t be doing Minecraft tonight as she’s playing more Persona in 108 mins

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Ina had a short chat stream, and while Gura wasn't in it she seemed to have been in chat talking to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom