"Every time a new gen debuts, I always wait and see if they talk about the senpais they admire, always hoping that maybe I'm one of them? This time... (EN3) there wasn't. I can't wait to be admired too"Omaru Polka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

They spent 1,314 million yen in Q4 on Event expenses, which is ~9,165 million USD. However they earned 2,187 million yen in Q4 from Concerts/Events, which is ~15,250 million USD. So they SPENT more money on 4th Fes than they EARNED from 3rd Fes and it worked out.

Meanwhile they're planning on spending as much on HoloEarth as they earned from 4th Fes, so that's a huge hole for now.
I forgot USD-JPY is in the 140s at the moment. I always run the number at 105 in my head.

That said, for a 2 day live event + "convention", that's actually a pretty cheap spend, in all. But it also explains why they can really only do that once a year, and will likely attach non-Japan concerts to big anime conventions.

It's also interesting how they want to keep persistent goods, and given the short section I imagine they're having an unfun time getting stuff setup. (Cover, it's called setting up a company in Kentucky. That's where DHL's air freight major hub will be. You can just reship globally from there. haha)

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Nina was in the background during Reimu and Rosemi's off collab. It's nice that she's still able to make appearances like this.
Not the first time that a graduated talent in niji appeared like this. As far as I remembered, when ex-ID Miyu Ottavia graduated, she is still tagging along with the remaining ex-IDs back then and her voice can still be heard loudly within, say, twitter spaces/voice notes.

Of course they would also call it something like 'the spirit of otter is haunting us and demanding something while we're hanging out'. It's rather nice to hear.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I forgot USD-JPY is in the 140s at the moment. I always run the number at 105 in my head.

That said, for a 2 day live event + "convention", that's actually a pretty cheap spend, in all. But it also explains why they can really only do that once a year, and will likely attach non-Japan concerts to big anime conventions.

It's also interesting how they want to keep persistent goods, and given the short section I imagine they're having an unfun time getting stuff setup. (Cover, it's called setting up a company in Kentucky. That's where DHL's air freight major hub will be. You can just reship globally from there. haha)
Yeah, it seems expensive with that +800% growth in expenses from YoY but they really had no events in Q1 last year and relative to the revenue gained, it did really well. If they continue to attach it to big anime conventions, it could also help funnel growth if it becomes an annual event that even non-Holofans at the conventions might check out.

I'm surprised they're taking the "affiliate stores as a middleman" route as opposed to setting up regional hubs like Idol. Their merch is such a huge revenue stream for them despite their colossal retardation with shipping costs deterring a lot of oversea fans. If they have the affiliate stores handle the shipping for oversea purchasers, it likely would reduce shipping costs and cause them to see an increase in merch sales but they're leaving a lot of money on the table by having the middleman altogether. I'm guessing they just want to experiment to see how much shipping costs are deterring merch sales altogether before they invest in reducing shipping costs by handling it themselves.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Do you have the number of people that watched 4th Fes in person?
I dont have any concrete number but googling the seat capacity of the Makuhari Messe, where th 4th fest was, is 7860, but remember CTW was 6000 seats but only 5000 where sold, even though they sold out, so I assume some amount of seats can't be sold for multitude of reasons, so I assume holofest was around 6-7k seats.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Her setup is pretty cute as well.

Compare to Minato "Utility Uber Alles" Aqua:

It's sort of amusing that Aqua tries so hard to be an idol, yet by all accounts, her real self is basically an introvert Okayu.

Which makes sense:

(Her refusal here notwithstanding, she did get her own cat soon afterwards)

Stunned But Dumb

nigga you're forgetting that half the fucking forum are spics, it will be over which goku transformation is the best.

SSJ2 > SSJ1 > SSJ4 > SSJB > SSJ3 > loltra instinct > SSJG

google anime character names with spic last names and some will come out :gunpeko: there are some news outlets that apparently made something on babies with weeb names, just translate the pages one / two.
Don't know how many spic countries have weeb spics that managed to get laid and have offspring and ended up naming their kid some weird shit, but this are the two i found on google.

Imagine going to school with the name Goku Salazar or Sasuke Rodriguez. Can't even shorten that

Theres a two view female Brotuber you might be interested in!

>> Kingdom Hearts

Sold

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Chloe and iroha are playing the bomb game

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Imagine going to school with the name Goku Salazar or Sasuke Rodriguez. Can't even shorten that
They're hispanic. Shouldn't their name be Miguel Goku Sasuke Jesus Shinji Atahualpa Usagi y Rodriguez?

ioㅤ

Minecraft NPC Moving Into Public Housing
8 person practice stream for the holo Id Minecraft tournament just started with Anya, Marine, Towa, Gura, Kobo, Pekora, Ame and Zeta all in vc

Peko POV:

Strange, they aren't using the same tag for the event. Explains why I didn't see the Pekora POV at least.

Last edited:

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
8 person practice stream for the holo Id Minecraft tournament just started with Anya, Marine, Towa, Gura, Kobo, Pekora, Ame and Zeta all in vc

Ame and Gura up early (it's 5am PST). Bae is missing probably because she has the off-collab later.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

You can also watch pekora's POV

Edit : some-of-the-many-clocks.jpg

Negzana

Deep-budget HoloSummer short featuring Holoh3ro

:SelenHAHAhere: that is such a goofy-ass meech display. The BEEGSmol dolls look really good, though.

still waiting for the Kaela plush

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

Korone still taking care of her mother

Update regarding the Health of Kanata Amane

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
They better not be JP-only. If they aren't, EN girls better play the games...
Probably JP only, but if it is EN I don't see anyone other than Fauna and Bijou touching it at best. Maybe Kiara just becase she'd want the numbers due to pomudachis.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Someone just murdered meemaw:

Pippa also had to twist the knife once it was in.

Rest in peace, meemaw. You will be missed.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Nina was in the background during Reimu and Rosemi's off collab. It's nice that she's still able to make appearances like this.

as much as i want to strangle riku i always like this types of off collabs because nina is collectively the mom of nijiEN and her still being able to interact with her kids always puts a smile in my face

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
What happened with gura? She started to stream consistently and she is not quiet during a big collab with some senpais. Im not complaining its cool to see im just not used to it

Edit : also i forget everytime how cute zeta is. I should really watch her more

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
What happened with gura? She started to stream consistently and she is not quiet during a big collab with some senpais. Im not complaining its cool to see im just not used to it

Edit : also i forget everytime how cute zeta is. I should really watch her more
She got reminded of the contract she signed and probably told she can't become the EN Ayame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom