"make.oike a tree and f*** off"Amiya Aranha

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Vesper finally made a new tweet and...well Vesties, Saplings, and Kronies I'm not feeling so good...

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS.png
FjZwPYcX0AA5UQ_.png

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
This is something that has been on my mind for a while too, like for dedicated musicians like Calli and Susei I wonder how they feel that their entire musical career and fame is tied to a name they don't own (we don't know the specific of what Susei signing into Hololive meant for her character copyright but considering she has talked about how much she wanted it wouldn't surprise if she was willing to sign always the rights to Cover in exchange for her dream job), yeah Calli has made a name for herself as DDK but having 30+ songs that you produced that you technically don't own any real control over must be a be a odd feeling, I always wondered how is going to be in several years when some of the more accomplished talents start wanting to leave on their own accord and until they would realize how little they have to shown for years of work now, I fully expect drama to start in the future when one the girls that never read her contract tries to graduate but realize how screwed she is. (and just to clarify I don't think they are getting screwed now either, Calli is more famous she could have ever hoped and even if she leaves she will be better that she could have ever been had she struck solo, same for pretty much everybody else, my point is how I expect many of the girls don't ever think what their life after Holo is going to be like so they are probably gonna get blindsided by what they signed)
Kiara already talked about different ideas she has for after hololive. She wants to become a landlady and make money off poor tenants who desperately need a place to live, while she would like to move to countryside cottage next to lake with her cats and maybe another woman.

Don't take my word as gospel on this, but I think that someone mentioned it goes 100% > 70% after youtube cut > then Cover takes 50% of the 70% left which gives you and Cover both 35%. This model is only in regards to superchats and memberships because youtube takes a 45% cut of ad revenue and I'm not sure how that is handled specifically, or if it's largely just the same model. I truly would like to know in full what Cover is bringing to the table at the end of the day. I'd like to know exactly how much of this goes to which places and what their direct support looks like. The talents have to be making more than enough and at least tolerant of the situation, or else buying all of these extremely pricey setups like Ame did wouldn't be all that feasible, and most of the members are still with them even after their contracts have come up for renewal at least once. Also don't forget that those old MCN horror stories were operating before memberships and superchats existed. So your only income was ad revenue, and youtube was taking a 45% cut, along with the MCNs who reportedly on average took a 40% cut (if they even paid you in the first place lol). That would at best leave you with 22%. However, the horror stories mention sometimes only getting paid as low 5% of what they ended up making for the company because Machinima was an actual, unironic, black company.
Yeah, compared to old MCNs, Cover is greedy but still fair. I would appreciate at least a 40/60 split in favour of the talent instead of 50/50 but thats also an unrealistic proposition. Unfortunately we still live under capitalism.
Also, I believe you are mistaken on one thing: The chuubas dont get a seperate check for the AD revenue. Google (aka Youtube) hands out one paycheck where the 30% cut is already docked as well as whatever
That probably made her gameplay worse, tbh. Being a brand-new beginner and watching a few pro tournament or speedrun videos, then trying to implement that shit on the fly more or less invariably leads to failure
It didnt really impact her gameplay, she is still mediocre player at best but she was that before watching them as well. Shes getting better but the progress is slow. In the end, she got frustrated failing a certain mission over and over and had just fun spamming cheats and fighting the english with cars.

Kiara Ringfit was surprisingly fun. She is weak in the arms but her stamina doesn't seem half-bad for a person that never exercises.

she needs that butt upgrade really badly lmao

Just Kiara talking more about her trip in Japan. She does't want to meet Pekors monkey IRL after all, it looks creepy.

Haachama confirmed that she has plans with Kiara

1670458252166.png
This is from Callis Pokemon pre-chat. Any rrats?
Also Kiara recently mentioned that the video for the advent calendar on the 10th would be special. Throw your guesses out there? My rrat is that it features Pomu lmao

Last edited:

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
Throw your guesses out there?
Its just Takamori and thats the special thing lol. Thats my rrat.

Though seeing Pomutori would be really nice.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Fauna playing Slice&Dice soon:

Pleasantly surprised seeing this as Slice & Dice is a great underrated game. Hoping Vesper picks it up as well since it's right up his alley.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
View attachment 7361
This is from Callis Pokemon pre-chat. Any rrats?
Also Kiara recently mentioned that the video for the advent calendar on the 10th would be special. Throw your guesses out there?
You put these things directly next to each other, did you not consider that they could be connected? P.s. that is my rrat; they did the advent video together.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Pippa put her waiting room up for today's stream.
Hoping shell bring up Samus sex dolls and funny stream death threats! Man wished for anime to be real and now even anime is making fun of him

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
View attachment 7344

I honestly never cared for Rie before, but she keeps doing little retarded stuff like this that makes me dislike her and avoid any collabs she has with other Phase members.
I wrote Rie off entirely without even looking into it myself when I saw posts about her defending troon shit. Glad to see I wasn't mistaken, I just hope she doesn't pull more retards from twitter to involvement with Phase. It's bad enough Tenma has affiliations with fake shark.

It's always interesting to see more and more vtubers reveal they are Pippa watchers.

Ya know I have actually wondered about that before regarding both Pippa and other Phase talents - for as long as I can remember her streams, ironmouse made a regular habit of actively boosting up and raiding into other small vtubers when she was small, then did it more as she grew, and to my knowledge still does it sometimes as a corpo. Makes ya wonder how many of the PC girls she raided into or was connected with when they were still on their PL accounts. Twitch vods for her older raid streams are long gone but it's crazy to think there might've been a time when ironmouse was raiding someone like Pippa or Shiina on their PL accounts.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Also Kiara recently mentioned that the video for the advent calendar on the 10th would be special.
Yagoo's birthday is actually on the 10th. Maybe a video by Yagoo?

Today's advent video. It is actually a really nice video from Kronii. Sasuga Korean-Christian cult member.
:achansasuga:

Also, just FYI. Hololive English is gonna announce something in about 70 minutes, according to Fauna.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Pleasantly surprised seeing this as Slice & Dice is a great underrated game. Hoping Vesper picks it up as well since it's right up his alley.
Is it a coincidence that weeks into Northernlion picking this game up she picks it up too?

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Is it a coincidence that weeks into Northernlion picking this game up she picks it up too?
Definitely not lol. That's who she gets a bunch of her game ideas from. Pretty sure she has said as much.

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
Also, just FYI. Hololive English is gonna announce something in about 70 minutes, according to Fauna.
And Ame's still on break too...

HMMMMMMMM.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Ina and Vesper double graduation let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Piarro

Early Adopter
Shark's starting. She's sick again but still streaming. Sasuga shark

SoundWave Superior

HoloStar's Gen 2 lets go one will be a legit gay, an other a deep voiced coombaiter, Yagoo and some random dude that will be found to have been caught trying to catch kids at the park

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Sena does ai art! Watch her turn your drill into a mommy!

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

How do these girls stay so perpetually sick lol it baffles my mind, like most people I know irl might get sick once or twice a year

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Speaking of pregnancy, Elira is definitely not pregnant

Shondo is also British, she should collab with Rin

Edit: Lisa is streaming Peggle. Jesus, that takes me back.

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Jesus christ, these girls need to learn how to not get sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom