"~TMD TMD Towa-Sama Maji Daitenshi~"Tokoyami Towa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

minna be streaming in 5 if she doesnt reschedule?
edit: in 30 actually

Last edited:

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Parasocial, and impostor syndrome, rolled into one.
Impostor syndrome, sure, but she's just overwhelmed by love and support, mixed with said impostor syndrome and alcohol. It's the kind of wholesome moment you start thinking is dead when you spend enough time mired in the cynical side of things.

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
As usual when I am home to watch a live stream, I take notes of a few good lines. This was one of them, but she actually used this joke(?) a few times, the first one I'm almost positive was an actual joke, because she said, "3.14 calories? That's a pi(e)!" (24:10)
"I've heard of 'gluteus maximus', it sounds like a Harry Potter spell. 'GLUTEUS MAXIMUS!'" (1:01:03, also she didn't actually know what it was and chat had to tell her it's the butt)
Chat talking about her being stinky: "...unless you can smell something through the screen, which is physically impossible....I think." (2:16:42)
At 34 minutes she said, "ok 13 calories, how much food is that? Is that a whole pie?"

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
View attachment 6978
Amiya has been crying for like five minutes now before going to the BRB screen.
View attachment 6980
1670038564754.png

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I like how those Indian Jones guns are magic and make no sound.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
I like how those Indian Jones guns are magic and make no sound.
Ridiculously inaccurate depictions of guns are an old staple of Hollywood at this point. Impossibly quiet is a common one. I always remember that scene in Glory when Matthew Broderick is firing a pistol inches away from both his and another soldier's ear. Great scene, but their eardrums would be blown the fuck out irl. Then there are six-shooters and even single-shot firearms that just keep shooting. And of course the most common, the villains who never hit their targets while the heroes never miss unless the plot needs them too. This one is especially absurd when the villains have rifles while the heroes have pistols.

EDIT:
Sure, but at least they usually try to make them make some kind of vaguely loudish sound, those ones sounded like "pew pew pew" instead of "bang bang bang".
I started watching just after the Indiana Jones trailer ended. I won't go watch it myself since it sounds awful from Pippa's reaction - sounds like Indiana Joe (Biden), actually - so I'll take your word for it.

EDIT: LOL she's reacting to the Kung Pow trailer and it got the first genuine laugh out of her. Not laughing at the trailer because it's so cringe, but a good joke actually landed. Turns out her dad liked kung fu films so the bad dubbing moment hit home.

I'm surprised she'd never heard of Kung Pow, actually. I think it's pretty well known.

Last edited:

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Ridiculously inaccurate depictions of guns are an old staple of Hollywood at this point. Impossibly quiet is a common one. I always remember that scene in Glory when Matthew Broderick is firing a pistol inches away from both his and another soldier's ear. Great scene, but their eardrums would be blown the fuck out irl. Then there are six-shooters and even single-shot firearms that just keep shooting. And of course the most common, the villains who never hit their targets while the heroes never miss unless the plot needs them too. This one is especially absurd when the villains have rifles while the heroes have pistols.
Sure, but at least they usually try to make them make some kind of vaguely loudish sound, those ones sounded like "pew pew pew" instead of "bang bang bang".

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Subaru had her weekly morning talk stream earlier today. Gotta appreciate that she always does her best to translate the stories for EN folk.

Some random highlights:

Korone gave her an Avengers fan she has no idea what to do with.

Person: What do you do for a living?
Shuba Brain: Don't tell them you're a vtuber.
Shuba Mouth: I play card games all day.
3728463929.jpg

Aqua appeared as a special guest. She spent nearly an hour recommending anime to Subaru and even made a slideshow presentation:

Not going to list all of them but some notable ones were Fate/Zero, Angel Beats, Toradora and SAO of course. When you remember that Subaru started vtubing without any knowledge of anime or weeb culture, it's pretty impressive that she was able to keep up with Aqua's rant without getting overwhelmed. Duck has come a long way from 4 years ago.

Last edited:

DelusionTree

Early Adopter

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Should be a fun dynamic where Bae and Fauna get frightened by everything while Moom and Kaela silently laugh their asses off.
Pretty much what is happening, except Mooms is not silently laughing and causing maximum chaos.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
See, now I want to make a movie like MEGAN, but it never becomes a horror movie, it's just a series of fake outs where it feels like it's about to go off the rails and then doesn't as the tension is just the result of very tame glitches or weird AI behavior.

Also it's JL7Ten's birthday I guess.

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
POLMAO raided the Phasmo collab discord for like 10 seconds and then left lol.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Why is Pippa so cute? She can't be this cute!

Early Adopter

minna be streaming in 5 if she doesnt reschedule?
edit: in 30 actually

the stream was postponed yet again
SCUFF MIC 2 FPS HOT PURSUIT LETS GO

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom