ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
1669263097493.png

OOPS!

EDIT: it's back

Gravedigger

Most of the time, my own...
Early Adopter

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
And
1669263115894.png

I'd say even some of the earlier story-focused stuff like Reconstruction was neat. The problem is it was absolutely a product of its time, but Rooster Teeth fucked themselves over bringing on strong empowered womyn as diversity hires and had to cut out the abrasive banter and less PC-humour RvB was known for. Last I heard they were taking down old episodes from the website because their new audience complained.
Most of my knowledge of Rooster Teeth comes from a couple of youtube documentaries that I watched, and really it sounds like they had a lot of cool ideas and were working with what they had, but once they actually became successful they just kept hiring on to make low budget junk instead of actually doing anything useful. The diversity hiring, rapist in their group, and blubbery vagina of a founder didn't help.

Yeah right. That's some sour grape-ass shit to say after getting bullied out of your one chance at e-fame.
Really if you're just not enjoying it and doing it as a job, you can just do it less or take a break. Sure, it sucks to leave and comeback to get a fraction of your views, but it's only a job if you make it one.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
only watching VTubers out of obligation to the channel...
Man if only there was an entire forum or even his discord full of people that watch vtubers and would help with research. That would be awesome.

maybe he'd feel bad, like he's off-shoring the work to other people. He did say this channel was pretty much always a solo-effort.
Well he shat himself already. Now he feels bad and stupid!

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Pippa is gonna start a war against all the 3D vtubers. Even against her friends

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Kirsche's 3D model looks fine, I kind of forget it's 3D at times because it's rather muted. Pippa's 3D model has a weird face is what mostly hurts it, but considering it's a small indie company making it, it's not the worst.

Sleepy's chibi form actually looks really nice.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Kirsche's 3D model looks fine, I kind of forget it's 3D at times because it's rather muted. Pippa's 3D model has a weird face is what mostly hurts it, but considering it's a small indie company making it, it's not the worst.
Kirsche's model is a bit jank at times but I grew to like it and it's simplistic to it's benefit.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Man if only there was an entire forum or even his discord full of people that watch vtubers and would help with research. That would be awesome.
maybe he'd feel bad, like he's off-shoring the work to other people. He did say this channel was pretty much always a solo-effort.

Yeah right. That's some sour grape-ass shit to say after getting bullied out of your one chance at e-fame.
well it's just one reason given

I feel the health and uni reasons are the most understandable. I just wish one of the reasons he had wasn't "the people I like would hate me" but that's not a good mindset to have.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Kirsche's model is a bit jank at times but I grew to like it and it's simplistic to it's benefit.
It's very basic, but like you said that's probably a benefit. A lot of times less is more, which is why original WoW beat out a lot of games, as the cartoony and more basic graphics looked much better with their tech limitation and the small scale at which you viewed stuff. Most of their more complicated armor models ended up being disliked as they just looked like a mess at the smaller scale.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Most of my knowledge of Rooster Teeth comes from a couple of youtube documentaries that I watched, and really it sounds like they had a lot of cool ideas and were working with what they had, but once they actually became successful they just kept hiring on to make low budget junk instead of actually doing anything useful. The diversity hiring, rapist in their group, and blubbery vagina of a founder didn't help.
RT are the textbook example of a hobby project being ruined by becoming a formal company. It was founded as a "boys' club" by a handful of the early RvB cast members (the name "Rooster Teeth" literally came from them thinking up a funny way to say "cock bite") and that's what people liked about it - you can't take crudely written Halo machinima where characters would call each other retards and make jokes about women and try to sell it to new woke employees and audiences without upsetting both sides.

As a group they're the perfect summary of old internet vs. new internet. Going mainstream involves losing your identity and your work becoming soulless.

TwoBit

Early Adopter
I can't believe Pippa just said she hates Kirsche and wants her to die.... IRL

2DUM4U

Early Adopter

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Pippa's talking about all the things she got scolded for during her con appearance. The Walmart thing obviously, but I guess Fish is a bitch about calling the third worlders out.

RT are the textbook example of a hobby project being ruined by becoming a formal company. It was founded as a "boys' club" by a handful of the early RvB cast members (the name "Rooster Teeth" literally came from them thinking up a funny way to say "cock bite") and that's what people liked about it - you can't take crudely written Halo machinima where characters would call each other retards and make jokes about women and try to sell it to new woke employees and audiences without upsetting both sides.

As a group they're the perfect summary of old internet vs. new internet. Going mainstream involves losing your identity and your work becoming soulless.
Them going public and being bought out probably also hurt them as that's when the ESG score bullshit is forced onto you.

The worst thing to happen to business is it being turned into a homogenous sludge where every company needs to be a mix of every kind of person you can imagine. Just create an umbrella company to hold smaller corps that are more unique, so that you can have something like a boys club doing their thing, and in a separate building having the vagina squad squawking to their audience. That would actually be real diversity though, where different audiences can have their different things, made by different people, despite it being under one umbrella.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Last edited:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Reine's downward spiral of feet continues

Man, she got a taste (literally) of that premium Austrian chicken foot on their lovers' vacation.

Now she copes like this while Kiara finishes building their nest and she goes through the immigration process. What fried chicken does to a nigga.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

in positive news, it's been 2 whole years since I subbed to Ame, Gura, and Calli; the first three VTubers I subbed to. So I thought I should watch some Ame today

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
RWBY has always been shit but you have to admit Ruby using the recoil of her sniper scythe to cut that wolf in half was pretty badass

The only interesting parts of it at all were the general premise of the setting and Monty Oum's fight choreography. When he died, 90% of the reason to watch instantly vanished, and the remaining 10% that maybe the setting could be made into something was squandered by idiots with no writing talent. RWBY should have died with Monty and it continued only out of greed to milk what traction it gained almost entirely on the back of Monty's animation work. The anime remake, what little I saw of it around the giant Nevermore fight, lacks the same impact even though it tries very hard to look better.

I have an unreal amount of salt over this entire series for the potential it could have but being utterly squandered in the hands of people that deserve to be beaten with bats. With any luck they'll entirely implode and vanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom