"Remember when I first debuted and I was like 'Ehe, lads! Heh, stop, don't tease me!' and you're like 'Gehe, Loddy, gwehe' and now you're like 'Oh, you're a FUCKING HAG'"Lottie Shinju

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
I've said it before, but I'll expand further: Ina and Calli specifically have very distinct styles of movement. Calli in the Myth or Treat that I linked does not move like the Calli we know from either her own personal live shows or real life. Normally I think she would have been there to do her own dancing, but she's been insanely busy and constantly travelling for the past...several months(?) and she probably just couldn't make the time to learn choreo and record while in Japan.
And Ina, she just literally does not move like this (40:24, timestamped to her song with Marine), that is how the JP girls move being in studio and taking dance lessons together and what-not. Watch Ina's Holofes performance again if anyone can find it. It was great, one of my favorites actually, graceful, elegant, etc. But I can't imagine her IRL doing the sort of 'bouncy anime girl' choreo that the JP's are always doing. She would probably literally die.
Gura and Kiara (and somewhat Ame) I could go either way on, because they do have more of the 'JP style' and interest in idol dancing/physical performance and being 'traditionally cute anime girls'. But for them I fall back on the logistics argument...

Yes they have access to studios, like whatever they used for their Holofes performances, but even back then people talked about the logistics of renting those places out even just to record a 5 minute video. Holofes was a major event where the 3d models were first being unveiled, and Cover probably paid out the butt to make sure the quality was up to their standards at each of the studios the girls had to go to (at least one in NA and one in EU). A cameo in a birthday stream is not nearly the same level of importance as Holofes. If it were economically viable for Cover to rent these places out for minor events, there is NO WAY that Kiara would not have just paid out of her own pocket to record her Birthday Live (a major event for her) in that quality. In fact, she explicitly said that all of the studios in Europe that she got quotes from were 6 figures for 1 day. Let's just go with the absolute lowest '6 figures' (very generous of me), $100,000 for a studio for a day, to record a 1 hour stream. Let's just pretend that a 5 minute cameo takes 1/12th of the time to record as a 1 hour stream and the studio offers smaller time segments like that (again, being very generous), that would still be an $8.333.33 (repeating, of course) expense per cameo. From a business perspective, even this extremely low estimate is still not really viable.

So once again: 1. For some girls, the movement simply does not match their own personal style. 2. Logistics of 'major events' vs. 'minor events'. 2b. Their real '3d Debut Streams' are going to be major events; if it were so easy to get these into these mocap studios, why the huge delays and girls constantly hoping to be able to travel to Japan to be able to record them?

And I've said this before too; this doesn't mean I'm pooping on anyone or being mad at Cover or anything, it's more "eh, that was fun, can't wait to see the real thing". I'm just excited for the real debuts and I don't need to pretend to be all amazing-super-hype-Nolan-style excited over these in order to still be excited for those.
The thing about logistics for "minor events" is that Holos have used overseas studios for them before. When Towa had Moona and Risu as guests for her birthday live she explicitly said afterwards that Moona and Risu used an overseas studio. Also note that Moona, Risu and Iofi all travelled to Japan for their 3D debut despite that. I think having the 3D debut in Japan is more about Cover's autism (and sometimes the talent's autism *cough*Kiara*cough*) than access to studios. But that said, Moona and Risu are IDs and their studio probably didn't cost 6 figures.

Blue Boy really can sing, it only he could fix that lil faggy laugh, at least he no longer does "wah."

Ayo- Blue Boy is about to rap? edamame of course lol

And of course someone made this lol.

Kobo has better flow than Regis, but she probably had more practice.

Been busy and caught up with the stream and it was nice to see her laugh so much she showed off her fucked up fluoride-free tap water teeth.
I know she tries pretty hard to hide them when smiling so the laughs actually were nice.
Whose stream?

Zeta's birthday totsu. wew that hashtag

Mumei: Is it possible for us to share a stomach?

A-chan: Maybe you are seiso, but sometimes you try to share your brain with Mumei-chan.

Pochi-sensei called in and gave Zeta coffee cup hands as a present. Her answer to Zeta's question "If you could disguise yourself as any creature in this world for a day, what would it be and why?" - manta ray.

Koyori: You wanted to conquer the world, so I give you the world.
Koyori wanted to be Zeta so that she could do the sad cat dance as Zeta.

Ame wanted to be a flying squirrel with a gun.
Ame: I'll get you one next year.
Zeta: ...This is recorded.

Zeta's Japanese is getting very good. Pochi-sensei, Iroha and Koyori can improvise with English, but her conversation with her artist mama Arutera was entirely in Japanese.

Ina sent a drawing with a request to collab again sometime.

Last edited:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Jealous

Lurker

A Cottage Project member singing stream

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Imagine being sad your Oshi is graduating.

Just pick an Oshi who could never land a normal job so HAS to keep V-tubing like I did.
Based fellow Ame supporter

Or do you mean ironmouse because those are the only two I can think of

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
Based fellow Ame supporter

Or do you mean ironmouse because those are the only two I can think of
Ame and Subaru, theres no way a job other than v-tubing would keep a screaming autistic duck for longer than a day.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Streamer problems, am I right guys?

detectives by @himuhino.jpg

We need a detective for this

pururun

I'm not sure you can get an accurate answer from anyone. Because nobody but you knows just how much emotion you actually put into the parasocial relationship. You're the only one who can really understand what you feel inside, and you can't really lie to yourself when you take a serious look at your emotions. Feeling a sense of loss when you actually have lost something isn't weird or unnatural. Hell man when New Coke replaced the original Coke formula in the 80's, the Coca-Cola Company had psychiatrists listen to phone calls and messages left by customers complaining about the change, and those psychiatrists concluded that people were actually in a state of grief because of what the company had done. All of that over a drink. So I think it's fine if you feel the way you do sometimes, but it can be unhealthy if it goes unchecked. As long as you aren't losing sleep over it and you have a functional day without breaking down, I'd say not to worry and just feel whatever emotions you feel, and post about it if you want to do so.
I saw this nearly first thing in the morning and feel really touched by it. A lot of nonsense happens in it, but vtubers really have a good community. Thank you for this.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Haha Todd, don't tell me you're a hardcore sobbing sapling like in those memes?

No, but Sana was very fun while she lasted, and Fauna ranks high in my favourites to watch and takes a lot of my live viewing time. If Fauna graduated I don't know who I'd gravitate towards, but I'd mostly coast on vods and clips.

Like others have said though, this wasn't unexpected or something she wasn't prepared for. I can vaguely recall her talking about Clover in the past, I think it may have been a little after she debuted, that she had set up ramps and such for him to navigate cat furniture since he was old and couldn't really handle the jumping and trying to make his life as comfortable as possible. She definitely had the mindset of caring for an elderly cat, and she seems pretty emotionally solid.

We need more vtuber who streams gacha game and actually keep trying to not spent a dime in that game they played.

that would be something.

I think it could be an interesting premise, legitimately trying to see how far you can really get in these games without having to buy in. Would need to establish some kind of hard set end goal to reach to define when the free2grind loop is in full effect since otherwise it could just turn into an infinite series. I'd probably still not watch it.

Aw fuck I'm going to miss Clover's yowling and it's not even my cat.

The lewder a girl is on stream, the more likely she is to still be a virgin, desperately roleplaying getting dick and pleasing the great unicorn in the sky.

So then, Sister Abigail's a freak is what I'm getting from this.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Whiskey streaming about the move

Tenma Streaming

And Kson streaming

gregeoryL

Tulpa
Early Adopter

but why does botan hate lamy so much

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
So then, Sister Abigail's a freak is what I'm getting from this.
Careful you'll invoke Grimmi's wrath (from last nights stream curtosy of /lig/)

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

kestraline

Early Adopter
Nyaru's schedule this week will be on an earlier time based on feedback - mostly so they stop conflicting with Pippa's streams:

1667840269113.png

Nabeshin

they stop conflicting with Pippa's streams
Considering that she's a big capippalist fangirl, I expected that she would ended up changing her stream schedule sooner than later

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Careful you'll invoke Grimmi's wrath (from last nights stream curtosy of /lig/)

A welcome challenge, our duel will be glorious. We will meet in the battlefield of Minecraft and test our convictions; my will to lewd clergy and her drive to protect the chaste.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Anyone knows what's up with Uncle Roger and vtuber birthday messages? I saw the one from Vesta's bday and remember he did one for Shylily as well. Is this some new meme or trend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom