General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I was watching some clips of the FuwaMoco JP stream from earlier today (yesterday? depending where you are) and there was debate in the comments about their native language, accents, etc. and someone mentioned their debut video of when they were GGN. If you want to hear them speaking "normally" before they adopted the cutesy/moe voices, it is pretty interesting.

WTF?! There voices were fake the whole time???? I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat
I was watching some clips of the FuwaMoco JP stream from earlier today (yesterday? depending where you are) and there was debate in the comments about their native language, accents, etc. and someone mentioned their debut video of when they were GGN. If you want to hear them speaking "normally" before they adopted the cutesy/moe voices, it is pretty interesting.

Their accent was always a keyfabe

Last edited:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Oh no...
1692261341231.png

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
If Maimoto really going to graduate, I can imagine how distraught Millie gonna be.

Assuming she's referring to that in this Tweet, if it's already affecting her this much imagine if it were a graduation announcement. Doesn't help that she's one of the most emotional ones in Niji EN.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Archive
Multiple copyright infringements?
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Cover or Anykara got fed up with them and got them booted.

>Lmao
OH GOD NOT AGAIIINNNNNNNNN

Can I say that I would probably oshi them if they used their normal voices? I can't really tolerate the baby drawl when it's in a language I understand.
Here's hoping they'll use their not highly pitched normal voice.
Never happening. Instead let's hope they strain their vocal cords or some shit and have to forcibly drop it like Suisei.

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat

BEEG Booba Fishing

Holotori news:

An original song releasing at 2 PM JST on the 20th (waiting room already up). This week's Hologra will feature them as well, and on the 21st they're releasing some "dance relay" shorts.
356453.png
Reine has 6 fingers

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
Just a heads up, this HoloX 3D beach thing that's live right now is fully subbed in English:

[Edit] I might be late and gay, looking at other #hololivesummer2023 videos, they've also been translated so this might not be news to anyone. Shows how much I actually watch the streams

Last edited:

Pioneer

AzuIro first offcollab in 30 minutes, they will make shaved ice.

UberSoldat

Assuming she's referring to that in this Tweet, if it's already affecting her this much imagine if it were a graduation announcement. Doesn't help that she's one of the most emotional ones in Niji EN.

Ah yes, this will totally help morale and not cement her future, or lack thereof, in Niji.

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter

I was thinking about this recently as well. I was kind of surprised people were debating whether they were ESL or not, and apparently even other Holos were saying stuff about how they're EN but able to speak Japanese, when to my ears they could only be ESL. The younger sister especially.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Masaki Kanon (ex .LIVE Nekonoki Mochi who was graduated with Yozakura Tama) releasing a premiere at 8PM JST.

Korone will be playing both her and Marine's walk left horror game at 9PM JST.

Marine's horror game is quite popular, a number of indies/vsingers I follow played it.

Usuwa Suu got confessed Japanese style from a foreigner and rejected it in the same fashion.

Suou Patra on her birthday concert starring a dragon cameo.

Not-Username

I was thinking about this recently as well. I was kind of surprised people were debating whether they were ESL or not, and apparently even other Holos were saying stuff about how they're EN but able to speak Japanese, when to my ears they could only be ESL. The younger sister especially.
With how often they, especially mococo, need to think about an English word it's probably the neck deep living in jp problem.
Kinda like irys just with additional accent.
Living in another region and actively using the language many people unconsciously adapt to local accents.
Add the moe voice on top and I can see how people get the impression of ESL.
But they are definitely not.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Subaru posted her Holosummer short. Naturally it's about trying to get you to exercise :sanasmile:

Here's the waiting room for the Holotori original song. Kinda weird that it's on the HoloEN channel.

And Reine feeling happy that they're finally an official unit.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Goon

Flat chest connoisseur

UberSoldat

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
sorry i've been out of the loop lamy's got covid?
She got it the same day as her 3rd year anniversary yes. So everything is postponed

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Double post sorry

Nazuna saw mysta's meltdown on twitter and felt inspired i guess.

A1
A2
Screenshot_20230817-081222_X.jpg
Screenshot_20230817-081233_X.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom