"There isn't enough time in my life to draw all the shit that comes out of Uruka's account.... let alone all the other girls..."Agemmata

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limkin

The alternative sounds dangerously close to Nijisanji to me.
Nah, Nijisanji way is sucking up to managers and stroking their tiny little asian ego with your words and actions

Sven

Maybe year one Lia was her real personality and she's tired of being the retard zoomer everyone loves. This is something that has been bugging me a bit with all of gen 1. During the early days before pippa started to incline the EN girls were very normal but then when pippa became the unofficial face of the company the rest of the girls started to be more autistic. I want to believe that fish unintentionally hired a bunch of fucking autistic weirdos that were decent enough to repress their shit due to management mandates and not that all of them are just putting up an autistic front to stay afloat. This possible shift in Lia leads me to believe she might've been putting a front for clicks, which I don't blame her, it's part of the game but her fans might not be very pleased in the long run.

I don't have this issue with gen2 they've been pretty much the same brand of autist since the beginning. :Vesper-UNHINGED:
Well not impossible it seems more likely that it was a combo of all of wanting to seem corpo squeaky clean for the new company they just joined (Pippa has confirmed multiple times herself she was trying to play the part of the corpo Vtuber) and the fact Phase had much harsher rules in place at the beginning as they had little clue what they were doing, like the no mentioning country names for any reason. Over time the combo of rules easing up and them getting comfortable and feeling more supported, pre-Muumi was a notorious harsh period in which many of them were considering quitting, they begin getting more comfortable and turned more in line with their real selves which you see with most vtubers.

Lia specifically I know I've read that she stressed herself out trying to be the perfect face for the company that the Ashelia model was made to be, made funnier that it was offered to Pippa first, which is why the rebrand into current Lia happened as she wanted to free herself of that chain she had created herself. I can't say if the Lia brand is her real self or another fake face as I don't watch enough Lia to have a really good feel for her but she has seemed a lot more outwardly happier ever since the change.

As for Gen 2 not feeling this way well yeah, Phase had ironed out the rules shit and was known for being the place you can be your menhera self by then so they never really needed to put on the proper corpo vtuber face and even then you can still see some loosening up over time like with Airi.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
There definitely was a period of time where Lia decidedly became more unhinged and retarded than what she used to be. You can check the homeland thread, there was a moment where people couldn't stop talking about the latest Lia antics.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I'll say this much, if it's actually her attempting of her own volition to memoryhole archived VODs of her streams, it has the potential to do the exact opposite of avoiding bringing negative attention to her, because alongside what Hff already said, people generally don't tend to like when the copyright system on YouTube is seen to be abused - even if she's technically legally allowed to do it - because it's an unspoken rule to not do it unless absolutely necessary. Striking down VODs of her own streams doesn't fit that bill. If it becomes a habit, further criticism and negative attention towards her actions should become expected.
If Lia is using the copyright system to strike reuploaded videos it would be incredibly stupid, but I don't think she is. She's been on the internet for a long time and she's tried to get her personal information off the internet and failed. I think she's smart enough to see how futile and counterproductive such a move would be, and if she's not, she's got managers that would tell her instead. Unless I see more proof, I'm of the opinion it's a troll trying to stir up trouble.

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening
There definitely was a period of time where Lia decidedly became more unhinged and retarded than what she used to be. You can check the homeland thread, there was a moment where people couldn't stop talking about the latest Lia antics.
Pretty sure she went off her meds then. Could be the meds mellowing her out.
:medsmoremeds:

Lia saying that not doing CWC2 or continuing South Park is her own decision is pure bullshit and it's covering either for a manager or fishman, or she's genuinely bipolar, I don't fucking know. She had a ton of fun in both the CWC (Asperchu still lives rent free in her head) and the South Park streams, they had great numbers, the fanbase reception was noting but positive, she scheduled followups, and then she just happened to realize that those streams were dogshit, and didn't want to do any more?
Untitled.jpg

She even has her own plautistic.

Guess we'll find out if she/whoever starts taking down CWC clips from people like @Azehara if they're retarded enough to try and memoryhole something.

Last edited:

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Amiya Aranha in two different modes: usual and working on something.

ami_gremlin.png

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

TheOathbreakerTarvos

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Lia saying that not doing CWC2 or continuing South Park is her own decision is pure bullshit and it's covering either for a manager or fishman, or she's genuinely bipolar, I don't fucking know. She had a ton of fun in both the CWC (Asperchu still lives rent free in her head) and the South Park streams, they had great numbers, the fanbase reception was noting but positive, she scheduled followups, and then she just happened to realize that those streams were dogshit, and didn't want to do any more?

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
I have the feeling you people have really short term memory. Why are you surprised about chinkman most likely shutting down lolcow streams?
Did you forget what happened when Pippa tried that?

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.

God's Strongest Dragoon

If things worked in any of the ways you said:pekora the top Hololive talent for a while now should have 20 outfits,10 3D,100 brand collabs.
Back to the real world:She waited more than an entire fucking year just for one outfit
>TFW corps are using DKP to reward talents
It's honestly likely time and event/brand based. Like you said, Gura would have a trillion outfits if it was performance based. It would make sense for talents that participate in a lot of events to help the company image would get rewarded. My major doubt about whether events play a role though is that discord leak about the Amongus Collab where the company was paying to stream that game. I don't recall there being any mention of any rewards outside of monetary compensation.

Comparatively I recall people were malding about Selen getting a bunch of outfits/stuff in a short time right after she participated Vsaikyo with TSB. Nijisanji was probably rewarding her for single-handedly salvaging the company's image in the West despite all the Ls they've taken in that recent time.

Last edited:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Holy Hell, eww. Assuming it isn't a troll, filing copyright claims on reuploads of VODs so as to literally try and memoryhole them is scummy and really fucking gay no matter what the purpose of it is. I don't think I'm going to blame Lia herself for it, I think I'd rather blame the Fish and/or management. Really cringe.

Also, it's funny that @Godzilla1984 can now technically say that one of his VODs was struck down.
View attachment 39272
:whatastory:

e: Also, the uploader is N333. I've seen that guy around in Pippa's chat & elsewhere for a long time, he's one of the good ones and I also believe he's uploaded archives taken from this forum as well. If you're currently lurking, it would be cool if you made your presence known and gave your input if you know anything else.
N333? Wasn't that the dude responsible for the 3 dollar Jim shout-out?

Horo7618

No one in particular
>TFW corps are using DKP to reward talents
It's honestly time and event/brand based. Like you said, Gura would have a trillion outfits if it was performance based. It would make sense for talents that participate in a lot of events to help the company image would get rewarded. My major doubt about whether events play a role though is that discord leak about the Amongus Collab where the company was paying to stream that game. I don't recall there being any mention of any rewards outside of monetary compensation.
I wanna say it's not clear what level this points thing is operating on - folks seem to be assuming that it's like 100 points = 1 new outfit, but I suspect it's the other way round 1 new outfit = 100 points to spend with the artist/rigger. In other words a system to keep the requests for new outfits within scope, rather than a system of earning new outfits.

Netscaper

Early Adopter

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Ant hime got her Froot video back, cant wait to see what other label FalseEyeD can pin on her now

Depressed Nousagi did a membership stream about the whole drama. Basically the main point at the end was "Yeah shes edgy and shes doing it for attention but at no point were any of her points ever debated". Said he would release a trimmed/edited version of it. As for False, If he's smart he will shut up and just let things go.

Also talking about DN/False he mentioned possibly talking about the twins PL in a video since apparently it's okay for people to talk about past lives. Same people that gave him shit for it. Which is probably also referring to False.

Not much of a Rrat, but Shiina said a couple weeks ago in a chat message on Airi's stream that she had to convert her account to a brand account.
View attachment 39262
One reason she may have done this is allow more people access to the channel, perhaps their new managers. It could be that they're reviewing the content and removing anything that could be problematic in the future. Shiina has talked about wanting the crab hoody to cover her body because she's afraid eventually youtube will notice it and give her trouble. I'm curious if we will see the parts of streams where her panties are front and centered be quietly edited out.

^Don't know anything about super big Lia collabs, but this kind of posts could be part of some attempt to put on a cleaner, friendlier front. Might even be something management did. Curious to see if we get more posts like this from other talents. I don't know what kind of streams Lia would have if she had a huge sanitized audience though....
Holy Hell, eww. Assuming it isn't a troll, filing copyright claims on reuploads of VODs so as to literally try and memoryhole them is scummy and really fucking gay no matter what the purpose of it is. I don't think I'm going to blame Lia herself for it, I think I'd rather blame the Fish and/or management. Really cringe.

Also, it's funny that @Godzilla1984 can now technically say that one of his VODs was struck down.
View attachment 39272
I'll say this much, if it's actually her attempting of her own volition to memoryhole archived VODs of her streams, it has the potential to do the exact opposite of avoiding bringing negative attention to her, because alongside what Hff already said, people generally don't tend to like when the copyright system on YouTube is seen to be abused - even if she's technically legally allowed to do it - because it's an unspoken rule to not do it unless absolutely necessary. Striking down VODs of her own streams doesn't fit that bill. If it becomes a habit, further criticism and negative attention towards her actions should become expected.
Is this happening to clips? So far my Plautistic clip is still there (fairly harmless since it's just Lia laughing at the Pokemon names). The VOD itself has some "yab" parts, like when Yui called and they talked and laughed at child abuse and whatnot. Maybe they really want that scrapped. Also given that they deleted the VOD, they probably won't want to see that shit in its entirety but maybe clips are fine as technically there is some transformative process to it. I had a half-finished edit of the memorable moments from that stream similar to the Pippa/Lumi one.

Phase seems to be cleaning things up somewhat. I still haven't gotten a video taken down (again I would appreciate if they contact me first instead of doing it through youtube. Pretty sure I have a disclaimer somewhere saying that if requested by the talent, Fishman or I will take any video down) After the whole George Floyd thing I have gotten muted from most of Gen 2's chat despite being membered but rarely watching or interacting. This includes Shiina, Erina, and Airi. So far Panko, Rie I don't seem to have been muted (I'm not subscribed to them), and Remi I am not sure as I haven't been able to catch her live for over a few months. I haven't checked Ember, Jelly either but I'm banned from Lumi's Twitch channel and muted from her Youtube. I seem to be still fine on Dizzy's stream and for all of Gen 1.

My theory is that some talents are more hands-on with their moderation and others just leave it up to management/mods to do it for them.

Yeah this week/last it's been 200-400 for her daytime gaming streams, and near 2k CCV for her singing streams. She also gains about 1-2k subs every time she does another music stream. I like her gaming streams but it's very blatant where her strong point is and what her fans are coming for. Also:

Do it Roca, you know I love it when a Woman draws her own emotes :vespernice:

I mean, Pippa playing whatever shitty game gets her like 1600-1900. Pippa reading super chats doing the duck pool simulator thing or reacting to a topic usually gets her 2600-3200. In a similar fashion, Kirsche is like that. Her viewership usually drops once she starts playing games.

I can't wait for this. Roza said she hated that they dumbed down the D&D system a bit and got shit of racial shit and whatnot, she also seemed somewhat hostile towards the game (based on that) but I have a feeling she will love the game.

She recently came out with one of those "don't go into other people's chat and say X or Y" type posts and I am assuming that she might have gotten some pushback about her audience being somewhat similar to Pippa's. It is possible that they are trying to clean up her image to get her to do more collabs with way bigger channels and other corpos. I have seen Scarle and Aster in her chat multiple times so that might be a part of it.

I feel like Lia wants this because it's a way for her name to get out and they are trying to indirectly tard wrangle her a bit with the promise of this eventually being for the best for her. I am a bit torn on this. I love the Zoomer Lia that says yab and dumb shit. She plays the character up a bit but part of it is who she is and It makes her pretty fun to watch. I fear they might alienate her existing audience if they go too hard on the personality wipe. It will probably also lead to the new people joining her not knowing how she really is and then turning her back on her whenever she does something yab like the multiple times she has joked about gay people going to hell for being disgusting (which im pretty sure her mother also made a similar comment).

Last edited:

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
Chicken leaked in her stream they actually use some kind of point-system in regards to changes being made to their outfits in terms of stuff like haircuts and expressions. No information more than that was given, but given what Calli has said in the past, I guess they get points for different events like Birthdays and anniversaries. I would guess some other milestones, too.
Yeah both Hololive and Niji utilize these kind of system in certain ways (in niji for example touchup/brush ups are entirely RNG but can get new outfits etc based on "tickets" which is essentially points too), it's a very Japanese business system.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom