"I'm mad at you guys because you never call me a whore!"S.S. Isa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I still don't understand the disdain for "pick-me girls", which constantly shifts definition depending on the individual mentioning it

In an industry where you live or die on the support of others, why wouldn't you want people to like you, why is it so looked down on to take the time and effort to do things your audience likes so that they keep supporting you? Or, at the bare minimum, enjoying the same or similar things your audience enjoys, so that you can reap the benefits of enjoying yourself while streaming with audience support.

All of this boils down to, in the immortal words of Pink Woman Supreme:

"Stop tweeting, start creating"
"Pick-me" has become one of those intentionally vague terms women use to shit on other women they don't like; it's an indirect implication that they're either selling out or degrading themselves in some way for male attention.

There are a small handful of cases where it's justified, like the "I'm not like most girls because I like anime and video games" types, and the ones who blindly recite the political beliefs of whoever's cock they're trying to ride that week, but more often than not it's seething femanon-types projecting their jealousy onto other women who're more likeable than them.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

I wonder how much contempt (if any) gura has for the more degenerate chumbuds

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
What does "Not dispersing enough" mean in convention context?
To add, venues also have capacity limitations for safety reasons - where depending on how strict the property/building owner and/or the governing body is, could be a determining factor where the fire safety marshall can override the event and have it shut down. People "not dispersing" enough could mean that they failed in estimating the amount of convention goers that would leave throughout the course of the day and the venue went over capacity which meant other attendees still in line weren't allowed in.
I believe what BioBreak said it's true. I took the time to quick search the event and read some news about it (that isn't nousagi video, sorry.) and it is said that the whole issue is pretty much:
- Overcapacity (it's the biggest convention in Phillipines, apparently)
- EO wasn't expecting the sheer amount of people attending and doesn't have enough ticket, mannpower, or even planning to handle that many people. and they are frankly inexperienced as all hell with it

It's said that during the 3rd day, the convention hall is so densely packed that you barely able to move around in there and it's basically fucked up situation all around. And the ones thats still waiting had to wait for up to 3 to 5 hours, with plenty ended up to just ditch their plan and go home. This is due to factors such as:
- Everything is within that one convention hall, not spread around several locations (or you know... outdoor areas near the convention hall), meaning that it's gonna be tightfit for everyone to go, since that hall has to handle stages, booths (big and small), artist alley sections, food stalls, and any other stuff the event need
- Because the lines is so dang long and no one in the EO has any idea what to do, those that do able to get inside decided to just stick in there anyway, in fear of having to wait in lines and ended up causing the 'lack of dispersion' issue
- The EO themselves aren't prepared for it and they ended up just doing practically nothing (or got their hands full with other things, like their guest stars and how they barely treat them any better) to the point that they just unable to handle the tickets and even necessary bits, like the fact that they didn't even man their medical triage locations

So yeah, not enough dispersal.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Bug Eater

>gets matched to play with fucking ImperialHal of all people
>dies after 12 damage

I think they get one more game before teams change, but she's gotta have a curse.
Classic Selen move - drops her spaghetti in front of the CEO of Apex, and then goes on to actually win a game with some random Europeans.
(honestly though the vibe of this second team is way better)

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Phase Origins Supercollab in a little over 10 Hours, take your pick.

Pick the michi, pick the michi, pick the michi, please, she deserves it, she's cute, she's wonderful, she deserves it, please, pick the michi, pick the michi, pick the michi.

Nasa nasa nasa!
Korone having an off collab with Niji's Sasaki

I hope this stream gets more clips. They were whispering a lot to each other and it was very cute.
Begging for Nebi to drop the third-person speak. Please woman I actually like you but that shit has never worked in English and is very filtering.
Meno is the only one I can stand that does this

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Anime Fan

Airi just got a call from her work on stream, telling her that she needed to work on a day she took pto for. Apparently according to her they're making her do this extra work today unpaid. Even after all of that she's still gonna try to stream until the phase gen 1 anniversary collab in 40 minutes and then work after she's done. I really hope she'll be able to get out of that black company situation at some point. Hate her black company.

Last edited:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Not a tourney but Towa won Sumire Custom of PUBG alongside her team

Moona fan letters

Gura is ALIVE

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Of course she comes back for feet. :pikacringe:

Chumbuds sustained another day.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Garlic bread, am I right, gamers?
1687905497481.png

Have a panel from a...there's no fucking way it's almost been twenty years.
:gunpeko:

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
"Pick-me" has become one of those intentionally vague terms women use to shit on other women they don't like; it's an indirect implication that they're either selling out or degrading themselves in some way for male attention.
I don't mind as much when men say it, but I really dislike it when "feminist" women use that phrase for any other woman who doesn't agree with them or like the same things as them. It's so self defeating. Imagine being so "feminist" that you think a woman can't have a single alternative thought unless it's for male attention.

It's a problem I have with lolcow.farms. If you disagree with the lasses there you're either a pick-me or a scrote.

Airi just got a call from her work on stream, telling her that she needed to work on a day she took pto for. Apparently according to her they're making her do this extra work today unpaid. Even after all of that she's still gonna try to stream until the phase gen 1 anniversary collab in 40 minutes and then work after she's done. I really hope she'll be able to get out of that black company situation at some point. Hate her black company.
This can't be legal in the US, right? Even if they have her wrangled by some sort of contract, can't that be contested?

Anime Fan

The phase origins collab is starting soon

Kalion

:)
1687906886370.png
"So, let's see who's the best sad girl!"
Nasa cute.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
All of her genmates forgot about Iori, this is so sad, bros...

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
bestvalorantstreamlol.PNG
Somehow Miuna is really making Valorant fun, not sure exactly what it is about her play style though.....
miuna.png

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Phase love, but this collab is awkward AF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom